Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Nigeria Of My Dream; My Malaria Induced Dream!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Of My Dream; My Malaria Induced Dream!!! (523 Views)

Remi: Tinubu's BP Shot Up Last Nite; It Was Shock Induced - Doctor / Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ / Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Of My Dream; My Malaria Induced Dream!!! by GodsSon5(m): 8:14am On Jun 28, 2013
COULD THIS BE REAL?

Before going to bed last night, i had to eat
something. So i
opened the fridge and yes, all the things
in my fridge had
turned to block; the light had been
on for 8 years
without going off. I finished eating
and went to bed. Oh I have to reduce
the speed of this fan, the voltage is so
high. I woke up very early in the
morning to the sound of classical music. I casually strolled
into the bathroom.
Oh! the cold is too much this morning, i turned on the
hot-water tap. While towelling myself dry, i turned on the radio and heard the presenter speaking of how Nigeria is now
one of the most developed countries
in the world and how the Nigerian president yesterday declared his assets, and all he had to boast of was N20
million naira and a duplex in his village. I couldn't believe my ears. But that was true.

I finished dressing up and took my time to
eat. I had no reason
to rush, afterall, the road is always
free and there are no potholes. On my
way, i saw a few policemen patrolling and I greeted them. I
stopped to chat wit
them for a few minutes after which i
drove off laughing. Yes. I mean the Nigerian Police!

In my workplace, i saw some people
loitering in the waiting room and i
discovered they were
here to be interviewed. I saw d son of a permanent secretary. I also
saw a young man with tattered
shoes and patched-up trousers; he
graduated recently from one of the government universities, but everyone could testify to the fact that he's
brilliant.

While going home that day, i saw the man with the tattered shoes smiling and i asked him how it went. The interview.

"Sir, i've been given d job!"

"What! What
of the Permanent secretary's son?
Didn't his father call beforehand?
"No" The man said, "He didn't". I was stone-cold. Could this be real?

That evening, i went out. strolling in the
neighborhood. I saw Adamu and Obinna discussing the recent trend in the country, of how Mallam Danjuma Shehu is now the Governor of Rivers state!
Senator Abiola Oluwale is now governor in Borno state!!
Chijioke Amaechi is now the governor of Oyo state!!
I stood there. Speechless. Could this be real? Could this be our Nigeria?

It was while i stood there, stunned and speechless that i had a very painful and sturborn Mosquito bite on my nose. I
slapped my face hard. Then i woke up.

Then I painfully realized that I took a large dose of cough and malaria syrup before going to bed and that this was afterall a dream!
Chai!!!

NIGERIA OF MY DREAM; MY MALARIA INDUCED DREAM!!!

Good Morning folks.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Of My Dream; My Malaria Induced Dream!!! by Pdizzle(m): 8:40am On Jun 28, 2013
Hehehe..early mornin laugh, its possible sha, lets keep hoping
Re: Nigeria Of My Dream; My Malaria Induced Dream!!! by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 28, 2013
well if you ask me, not funny!
Re: Nigeria Of My Dream; My Malaria Induced Dream!!! by pimplucious: 9:05am On Jun 28, 2013
Lol nice one mate. This has always crossed my mind - why does a state gov have to be from the state. If we truly wanna exist as a country, anybody shld be able to via for political office in any state of the country irrespective of where the state he's originally
Re: Nigeria Of My Dream; My Malaria Induced Dream!!! by Theben(m): 9:08am On Jun 28, 2013
You have to rule out the possibility of having a president with just 20M in the bank account. That dream is not realizable. But others are pretty possible to achieve.
Re: Nigeria Of My Dream; My Malaria Induced Dream!!! by Acidosis(m): 9:11am On Jun 28, 2013
Malaria induced dream indeed...
Re: Nigeria Of My Dream; My Malaria Induced Dream!!! by GodsSon5(m): 1:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
Well let's hope we can see all this feats achieved in our life time..
Re: Nigeria Of My Dream; My Malaria Induced Dream!!! by Ekpekus(m): 3:06pm On Jun 28, 2013
Gods-Son:
Well let's hope we can see all this feats achieved in our life time..

Its possible if we all work towards it in our individual little way. @OP, you wrote this or someone else? Pls acknowledge the writer!

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Set To Remove Anti-jang Ministers / I Have Forgiven My Foes - Al Mustapha / APC: IBB, Tinubu, Atiku Battle For Bot Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.