Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Lightning Strikes Two People In ABSU Yesterday - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lightning Strikes Two People In ABSU Yesterday (894 Views)

Graphic Photos: Death Bodies, Beheaded Students After A Cult Clash In ABSU / Unbelievable Picture Of Sand After Being Hit By Lightning / Lightning Strikes St. Peters Basilica Hours After The Pope Announced Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lightning Strikes Two People In ABSU Yesterday by IyfeNamikaze(m): 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2013
Yesterday as i was coming to school to see the HOD of our department, it started raining just immediately the bus i was in arrived at the school park, so i had to take some cover inside a small building also in the park. The rain kept on pouring down relentlessly and suddenly a Lightning struck at a pine tree 8m away from the building i was in. The lighting was so strong that it caused the electrical wires in the building to spark and the loud noise it made was equaly as great! Everybody in the building remembered his or her God/gods,screaming HIS/its name with a loud voice that would put the one that fell the walls of jerico to same. As a christain ofcourse, JESUS!! Was the name i was screaming! Lol..
At 1st it was as if nothing happened,and that the lightning hurt no single fly, but then we saw some people gathering under one of the pines close the building. The lightning had actually hit two men as they were taking cover under the opened booth of a bus parked under the tree. They were rushed to the hospital and since then we are yet to know whether they survived or not.
Inside the building, people started saying that lightning can never strike an innocent man/woman, 3 elderly men.. Two of them were obviously bus drivers while the other one looked to me like a lecturer were the ones championing this bullcrap talks. I challenged them, telling them that lightning can strike anybody whether you are good or bad... as long as you are in its path you will be struck! And i also told them that the reason why those two men were struck was because they were under a tree and that trees attract lightning. I told them that if you stay under a tree,you stand a high risk of getting struck by lightning. But these 3 men barked at me and told me to sit down that i don't know what am saying,and thay continued with their superstitous bullcrap talks and to my disgust some students who are supposed to have been enlightened gathered around them and was OOHHH(ing) and AAAAHHHHH(ing)about the shit these men were feeding them with,they even said the lightning takes the form of a ram or a dove when it aims to strike at a particular location..and i was like..WTF,only a few people actually listened to what i was saying... its a pity that such ignorance still exist in this part of the world.
My purpose of putting up this thread is to tell some of the people here how to avoid being struck by lightning... Or be weiry of trees when its raining.
1. Trees function as lightning rods,conducting electrical charges from the clouds.
2. Oaks,Elm,Pines,Spruce,Poplars,Marples and Ash are most likely to recieve a lightning hit.
3. Trees that stand alone,rise above other trees or that are closer to water are most frequently struck.
3. Deeper-rotted,decayed and dying trees are more prone than shallow-rotted,healthy trees.
4. A tree closer to the house is more likely to recieve a lightning hit than another tree of the same species and height 10feet further from the house
5. Electricity likes to travel the easiest path between the earth and the other place. This is why lightning commonly strikes the tallest object. Electricity finds it hard to travel through air as it has low conductivity. Trees,buildings,towers conduct electricity much better than air.
Thats all can say for now,if anybody has other info/tips please share.

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes Two People In ABSU Yesterday by carzola(m): 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
Lightnings strock two people dead not strikes two people dead.. cause its past tense.. Go and learn english i wonder what ur g.s.t lecturer teaches u guys in ABSU
Re: Lightning Strikes Two People In ABSU Yesterday by REMMEI(m): 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
carzola: Lightnings strock two people dead not strikes two people dead.. cause its past tense.. Go and learn english i wonder what ur g.s.t lecturer teaches u guys in ABSU

i could have said thunder fire you for this silly comment you wrote..but i just have to be civil and reasonable..firstly,i believe you didn't read the story above at all,you just jumped into conclusion that the op English is incorrect..can i ask you what is the past tense of strike?..your deluded self that thought you've read and known it all called it STROCK while the op used the right word which is STRUCK constructively..moreso it wasn't even stated if those men are dead or alive in article above..mtchewww!!!..your are obviously sun of a gun.

4 Likes

Re: Lightning Strikes Two People In ABSU Yesterday by REMMEI(m): 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
carzola: Lightnings strock two people dead not strikes two people dead.. cause its past tense.. Go and learn english i wonder what ur g.s.t lecturer teaches u guys in ABSU
Re: Lightning Strikes Two People In ABSU Yesterday by IyfeNamikaze(m): 2:25pm On Jun 28, 2013

So the past tense of strike is STROCK? Unbelievable!! angry
Prof. Carzola
if you have anything to add pls do

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes Two People In ABSU Yesterday by doctokwus: 4:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
carzola: LightningS strOck
Lord av mercy at dis deadly combination of words.

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes Two People In ABSU Yesterday by sarutobie(m): 10:29am On Jun 29, 2013
doctokwus:
Lord av mercy at dis deadly combination of words.
A pity,in trying to sound smart and learned he ended up disgracing himself..@Iyfe na God save you o..you never wan leave that environment ni??..that one na better kirin!

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes Two People In ABSU Yesterday by IyfeNamikaze(m): 11:16am On Jun 29, 2013
sarutobie:
A pity,in trying to sound smart and learned he ended up disgracing himself..@Iyfe na God save you o..you never wan leave that environment ni??..that one na better kirin!
lol.. Bro.. No be small kirin oo! But Jesus na my perfect susano. Nna eeh.. That environment still hold me till november o
Re: Lightning Strikes Two People In ABSU Yesterday by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2013

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!
Re: Lightning Strikes Two People In ABSU Yesterday by tjskii(f): 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2013
^^no mind am d guy is obviosly high on cheap drugs

@op wow,that actually happened,hope uv gone for thanksgiving in church grin grin
Thanks for d safety tips
Re: Lightning Strikes Two People In ABSU Yesterday by IyfeNamikaze(m): 7:55pm On Aug 22, 2014

chai!
Re: Lightning Strikes Two People In ABSU Yesterday by princebergz(m): 12:11am On Aug 25, 2014

look at this fool! you are past redemption reta*d...

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Secrets Of Making Your Post Reach Front Page? / Nigeria's First threat assessment discussion group / Black People As Got A Proble By Honourable James David

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.