Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:08 AM

Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? (2438 Views)

Zimbabwe’s Mugabe Shouts “we Are Not Gays!” During U.N. Speech / Zimbabwe's Mr. Ugly 2012 Reclaims Title / Europe Is ECONOMICALLY DEAD, Except For Germany And America Is Failing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by panafrican(m): 1:39am On Jun 16, 2006
4 play,  oh oh, so you want Mugabe to keep Zimbabwe depending on western food ? Is It  how you secure the future of today's  generations and the welfare of  the  generations to come?   How many blacks own land in  UK ? Some have been there for centuries but  are still  being killed in the streets by racist thugs. Remember the Liverpool crime where a young black was killed for being with a white girl.
Here is my point : This is africa, own by africans, we were independent  less than 50 years ago,we don't have the same level of agricultural power as the USA , France, UK or Germany do today.Africa is starting with some weaknesses ,but steadly has control over its natural resources ,in the midst of racist europeans who always feel bad when they hear that some african countries are doing well.  Libyan Children did nothing wrong when they were purposely injected HIV by european nurses.  After they injected the virus to innocent children, they blame bad conditions in libyan hospitals. Did any of those who are accusing Mugabe  of being a dictator come forward to blame these evil nurses?  No, they are defending them and want to see them free.
It is also hard to understand this HIV burst in south africa after the apartheid regime collapsed.
Zimbabwe is lucky those we all know are only  focused on Mugabe   they could have done nasty things to the people of this country.
Before talking about the interests  of white farmers Tony Blair who his well known as a falsifier, (he lied about Irak ) should pay repartation to zimbabwe for all the riches the british stole from this part of africa during the years of colonial occupation.
They now say Mugabe has 1.5 billions in some banks.  Knowing  how they twisted the facts about Patrice Lumumba why should we take them seriously ? Lumumba was portrayed as a cannibal.

God bless brother Mugabe and God bless King Lobengula the  hero.

Note: 1) Lobengula was king of the Matabele.
         2)  Libyan children Hiv case : http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/spiegel/0,1518,383903,00.html
Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by Drusilla(f): 3:07am On Jun 16, 2006
Debosky,

So before Mugabe did all of this.

The Blacks in Zimbabwe were doing good?

They all had good jobs and were using their middle class purchasing power to start their own business's and were sending their kids to college and building their own country for a better future for themselves?

Oh. Wait.

Zimbabwe's blacks were poor.

And even if they had a job at a good company, they still had to grow food for themselves to keep from starving even with their good job.

They were crossing into South Africa to work in the mines, because there was nothing in Zimbabwe.

They were living really badly then!

People should stop trying to pretend that the white farmers, whose Tobacco crops were a third of the crops by themselves were doing all this wonderful feeding of the Zimbabwean people.
Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by debosky(m): 6:18am On Jun 16, 2006
yes they were doing good, at least much better than they are doing now, with the 'white farmers' income and taxes, zimbabwe developed the highest literacy rate (over 90%) in africa. if they were crossing over to south africa before, they are even doing so more now!! over 1million people from southern zimbabwe have flown over the border into botswana and south africa because of the famine. yes they were sending their kids to college, at least the money they earned had value!! and let me correct you, zimbabwe was a net exporter of food meaning they had more than enough that they were serving as a food basket for the region, now they have become a food aid dependent nation. how can that possibly be an improvement??

even if the white farmers were doing it for profit, they were feeding the zimbabwean people, a lot better than the high level politicians, including mugabes wife who the farms have been given to now. they were not dependent on outsiders for food, the contry was self sufficient. mugabes greed and thirst for power has ruined that, has ruined the nation even.

more info

On 1 November 1989, a former junior minister, Denis Walker, produced a paper in London for the Conservative Monday Club's Foreign Affairs Committee on Land Reform in Zimbabwe. In his last paragraph he stated, with clear insight, as events have proved, that "once the land has been redistributed, the commercial farms will be broken up, the remaining white farmers reduced by exile or imprisonment; Zimbabwe's government, already morally bankrupt, will decline towards economic collapse."

In a recent investigation in The Independent it was uncovered that many state-controlled mines have been sold cheaply to the Chinese, in a desperate scramble for foreign currency. It was noted that Mugabe's regime has forsaken much of the control of economic resources, which will prevent Zimbabwe from rebuilding the economy even if the MDC take charge.

the foolishness of mugabe's land grab was predicted years before. and it has come to pass.
he is even selling off assets to chinese cheaply. isn't this a different form of colonialism??

or it is only if they are 'western' that it is colonialism.

lets try to be objective. yes black zimbabweans have a right to land, but that is NOT the reson mugabe did it, he did it to satisfy his cronies and to hold on to power, and the country is paying dearly for it/
Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by Drusilla(f): 7:24am On Jun 16, 2006
debosky,

I do not care why Mugabe finally did it.

At least he finally did it.

It was the right thing to do.

A slap by a friend is better than an kiss by an enemy.
Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by debosky(m): 8:17am On Jun 16, 2006
well lets see how it turns out.

going back to the object of the thread, the economy is devastated, and that is purely mugabe's fault.

i hope zimbabweans have the sense to realise this and get him out as soon as possible.
Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by Drusilla(f): 10:02am On Jun 16, 2006
debosky,

How can someone see that the whole world has put sanctions on Zimbabwe and say that the economy is ruined and that is purely his fault?

That is like saying:

I am going to rob your store but if you try to stop me the beating I give you will be purely your fault.

See little slave, if you had not tried to run away, I would not have had to give you this whipping, it is purely your fault.

Your honor, I was trying to rape the girl but she fought back and I had to stab her, so the stabbing was purely her fault.
Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by debosky(m): 10:55pm On Jun 16, 2006
you miss the point,

the sanctions are not economic, govt officials were simply restricted from travelling to britain,US and some other western countries

and of course, financial aid was stopped. the real problem arose because zimbabwe no longer had any foreign exchange (usually obtained via the tobacco and other agricultural exports) and could therefore no longer meet its balance of payement obligations. coupled with mismanagement and the drops in the prices of copper (which affected zambians as well). the economy was still doing good before the land grab destroyed agricultural production along side the allied industries. that is the real cause. the sanctions were more political than anything, simply the same thing that was done to abacha, suspension from the commonwealth. nigeria's economy did not flatten because of that, its mugabe's policies that have caused this. ther can be no buck passing on that.

PS he is still trading with the chinese and ha sold most of the country's copper mines to them cheaply. obviously the sanctions were not placed by the 'whole world' as you put it.
Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by Drusilla(f): 12:21am On Jun 17, 2006
Debosky,

Oh. Then thank God for the Chinese.

At least they are helping Zimbabwe.

While the Europeans dance and sing and hope that Zimbabweans starve to death. So then Mugabe can look bad and they can get in there and start raping Zimbabwe again.
Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by debosky(m): 2:06am On Jun 17, 2006
you call selling off state assets cheaply to the chinese because mugabe is desperate 'helping'??

if the europeans were bent on 'raping' zimbabwe as u put it, he's just trading one evil for another, a much worse one. the chinese will trade with the

devil himself if they will get what they want. and they'll rip you off while at it.

the zimbabweans are still starving by the way, the chinese just bought their copper mines cheap and will pollute the environment and suck them dry.

so much for help
Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by Drusilla(f): 2:17am On Jun 17, 2006
debosky,

Oh. My gosh.

When you say the Chinese wil trade with the devil himself, as long as they get what they want.

Are you referring to the Chinese trading with Europeans?
Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by debosky(m): 2:35am On Jun 17, 2006
hahaha! nice one dru

but i think you know what i mean, them chinese will do anything, they even take organs out of prisoners and sell them to people needing organ transplants without consent of the prisoners!

the europeans aren't saints, i never said they were. in my opinion comparing them is like 6 on one hand, half a dozen on the other
Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by Drusilla(f): 2:52am On Jun 17, 2006
debosky,

Malcolm X,

When asked if he would accept outer help from the Communists:

"Let me tell you a little story. It's like being in a wolf's den. The wolf sees someone on the outside who is interested in freeing me from the den. The wolf doesn't like that person on the outside. But I don't care who opens the door and lets me out."
Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by debosky(m): 3:32am On Jun 17, 2006
in this case would you go out if it was a bear trying to get you in its cave?

its all good tho, its been nice rubbing minds with you
Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by Drusilla(f): 4:08am On Jun 17, 2006
Debosky,

I would go out if it was a bear, a lion and the most dangerous animal of all: A whiteman or his Negro flunky.

God is with me. In this I trust.

Good talking with you also.
Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by anton(m): 4:23am On Jun 21, 2006
Now, why exactly is inflation talking place? I am stupid when it comes to economics. Help me understand.
Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by debosky(m): 7:21pm On Jun 22, 2006
its a simple but vicious cycle:
in zimbabwe's case

first the country has a bad harvest, so there's not a lot of food to go round, so the little food available gets more expensive due to competition to buy the food.

secondly bad harvest leads to no foreign exchange leading to fewer goods being imported, the same scenario again lots of money chasing few products. have that cycle repeat itself in a number of areas with no control on the amount of money in circulation (in zimbabwe's case they simply printed more money), prices just keep going up because demand far outstrips supply.

thats a simplistic explanation but i think it has the basics
Re: Where Is Zimbabwe Going Economically? by Mystique(f): 12:19pm On Jun 29, 2006
And wetin concern Zimbabawe for 'NAIRA' Land undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Very Graphic Images......... / Trump Drinks Glass Of Water With Two Hands, Sparking Fresh Dimentia Concerns / Trump Currently Roasting Hillary Clinton; LIVE Debate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.