Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta (1321 Views)

China To Establish Military Base In Djibouti / Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka / Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by alex101(m): 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
People of Ijaw has command FG to establish military academies in Niger-Delta

IJAW Peoples Development Initiative, IPDI, has called on Federal Government to establish military academies in Niger-Delta, to ease recruitment of youths from the region into the military and police.President of IPDI, Mr. Austin Ozobo, in a statement, said “The Federal Government should site Nigeria Defence Academy, NDA and Police Academy in the Niger-Delta to ease the pains and agonies youths of the region face in their attempt to get admission into thee academies.

“The North has taken undue advantage of these institutions to the disadvantage of the people of the South with its high military presence. Many of the fairly educated youths in the Niger Delta became militants out of frustration in their efforts to get recruited or admitted into NDA and Police Academy in the country.“Failure to timely address this demand may collapse ties between the Federal Government and the region because the North appears to have benefited more in terms of recruitment of military officers through NDA and Nigeria Police Academy admissions.“Ninety per cent of recruitment of soldiers, NDA and Police Academy admissions go to the North, and it makes the North so powerful against their southern counterparts in the country.

It is frustrating and shocking that nobody from the South could gain admission successfully into the sister schools or be recruited without seeking for help from a northern military senior officer.“Both academies are seen as northern schools as it failed to address the military needs of the entire country because by its mode of operation, Nigeria Defence Academy and Police Academy are sectionalised and tribalised.”

Source: http://radiobiafra.co/news/people-of-ijaw-has-command-fg-to-establish-military-academies-in-niger-delta
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by alex101(m): 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
It is frustrating and shocking that nobody from the South could gain admission successfully into the sister schools or be recruited without seeking for help from a northern military senior officer.“Both academies are seen as northern schools as it failed to address the military needs of the entire country because by its mode of operation, Nigeria Defence Academy and Police Academy are sectionalised and tribalised.”
One the reasons I detest the dungeon called nigeria is the mere fact that majority of nigerians are predominantly blind and can never reason like humans. People, especially certain folks in southern nigeria hardly see the domination of the army by the north as a major threat to all in the south. Little wonder why most of the military rulers we've had were/are northerners. To this day, most of the comptrollers of customs (if not all) are northers; majority of the police IGs are northers,,,et.al.

All these are vital security outfits and are manned predominantly, by northerners. This is the reason why you have fulani cattle pushers fighting their hosts in various communities in nigeria, because they have their people in the armed forces to back them up.

One of the main ways to tackle this problem of northern domination of the armed forces is to push for a geopilitical/state police force,,,that will allow each zone/state to arm her/its police force to the brim, with some of the best equipment, with which they can even defeat an army. This is why the wicked northerners are kicking against state/regional/zonal police angry.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by kunlekunle: 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
Two wrongs does not make a right
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by alex101(m): 4:59pm On Jun 28, 2013
kunlekunle: Two wrongs does not make a right
Can you explain further, if you can?
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by CROWE: 5:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
alex101: One the reasons I detest the dungeon called nigeria is the mere fact that majority of nigerians are predominantly blind and can never reason like humans. People, especially certain folks in southern nigeria hardly see the domination of the army by the north as a major threat to all in the south. Little wonder why most of the military rulers we've had were/are northerners. To this day, most of the comptrollers of customs (if not all) are northers; majority of the police IGs are northers,,,et.al.

All these are vital security outfits and are manned predominantly, by northerners. This is the reason why you have fulani cattle pushers fighting their hosts in various communities in nigeria, because they have their people in the armed forces to back them up.

One of the main ways to tackle this problem of northern domination of the armed forces is to push for a geopilitical/state police force,,,that will allow each zone/state to arm her/its police force to the brim, with some of the best equipment, with which they can even defeat an army. This is why the wicked northerners are kicking against state/regional/zonal police angry.

First of all I saw it very recently, the Nigerian army officers are predominantly Igbo people so that notion goes out the window.

Secondly your solution to the problem is absolutely horrible, Nigeria is full of regions always arguing and accusing one another and your suggestion is "let us give each one of them the means to destroy the other"?, are you trying to start a second civil war?

We should have state police but they should have no more than a standard glock 45. Your reasoning is just as bad as MOST Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by PointB: 5:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
The Ijaw people have made a legitimate request to the commander in chief.

I hope he uses his good office to redress this inequity. The institutions in question are heavily tilted in favour of the North. Some may argue that the desert terrain, and large expanse of land make it more suited for military academy, however this runs counter to current thread.

The Nigeria Army, indeed Armed Forces worldwide often find themselves engrossed in urban welfare - where the enemy in embed within the civilian populace, effectively using such as human shield. The Southern terrain provide natural setting for trainings on such maneuvers include Amphibian training, and training on marine warfare.

For those who panders to geo-political argument, I believe a lot of case can also be made in the regards. Every geopolitical zone in Nigeria should host a sort of military training facility - each according to the terrain. Nigeria Army is our baby, we want them closer home! Nuff said!
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by PointB: 5:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
CROWÉ:

First of all I saw it very recently, the Nigerian army officers are predominantly Igbo people so that notion goes out the window.

Secondly your solution to the problem is absolutely horrible, Nigeria is full of regions always arguing and accusing one another and your suggestion is "let us give each one of them the means to destroy the other"?, are you trying to start a second civil war?

We should have state police but they should have no more than a standard glock 45. Your reasoning is just as bad as MOST Nigerians.

In which way is the Nigeria Army predominantly Igbo? What evidence or records do you have to back that up? I hope you are not referring to the roundly discredit petition against promotion made by unknown faces recently?
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by CROWE: 5:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
PointB:

In which way is the Nigeria Army predominantly Igbo? What evidence or records do you have to back that up? I hope you are not referring to the roundly discredit petition against promotion made by unknown faces recently?

The thread is on Nairaland, it had multiple lists that showed army "officers" (believe it or not there is a difference when you say officers) to be largely from the south west.
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by 9jaIhail(m): 6:34pm On Jun 28, 2013
CROWÉ:

It is pathetic and act of cowardice the way some of you desperately,relentlessly defend northern Nig whenever anyone points out their sins or cheat of decades.... I am fully aware that most of you do so just to make everyone believe that Nigeria is balanced.Most of you are doing so because you don't want war or division of Nigeria forgetting that we all cannot be cowards who die in silent, I am ashamed of most of you who chose to live with this fraudulent foundation laid by Britain..... Some of you appeared satisfied to live with this status qua because you are afraid Northerners may took up arms if Southerners challenge their dominance..

How can you say Nigeria army officers are predominantly by igbo without facts to back up your claim? Now you are referring us to Nairaland thread. My advice to you is, Stop smoking some dangerous chemical as evidently, the chemical is fast drilling your sense of reasoning dry.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by kunlekunle: 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2013
alex101: Can you explain further, if you can?

You shout too much cos GEj is in ASo Rock SS, SS.
What happens when he's out 2019?
Have you guys enough bile to shout?
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
I support this request!
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by alex101(m): 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2013
CROWÉ:

Before we go further, can you, for the record(s), state your ethnic background. I'm Igbo, for the record.
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by alex101(m): 7:34pm On Jun 28, 2013
kunlekunle:

You shout too much cos GEj is in ASo Rock SS, SS.
What happens when he's out 2019?
Have you guys enough bile to shout?
You ain't making any damn sense, at all! This is not about GEJ, for the army is bigger than the president. This issue is about the danger of having a one-sided armed forces, tilted in favour of the north,,,and by extension, threat to the entire south.
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by asha80(m): 7:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
CROWÉ:

The thread is on Nairaland, it had multiple lists that showed army "officers" (believe it or not there is a difference when you say officers) to be largely from the south west.
i never igbos are from the southwest.
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by asha80(m): 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
CROWÉ:

i never knew igbos are from the southwest.
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by kkkp: 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
So dey want to breed more militants?
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by Lordave: 8:29pm On Jun 28, 2013
Well done my Ijaw brothers.

Keep the pressure up on FG. I trust our brother GEJ.
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by Awake9ja(m): 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
How come this core north goes to school when it is NDA or police training but became educationaly disadvantaged when it concerns secular education. LWKMD.

Pls GEJ hav to do something and balance it.
open another NDA in SE and another police academy in Bayelsa just watch and see how the core north will together shout ontop of their voices no matter the political party they belong.
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by CROWE: 12:08am On Jun 29, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

It is pathetic and act of cowardice the way some of you desperately,relentlessly defend northern Nig whenever anyone points out their sins or cheat of decades.... I am fully aware that most of you do so just to make everyone believe that Nigeria is balanced.Most of you are doing so because you don't want war or division of Nigeria forgetting that we all cannot be cowards who die in silent, I am ashamed of most of you who chose to live with this fraudulent foundation laid by Britain..... Some of you appeared satisfied to live with this status qua because you are afraid Northerners may took up arms if Southerners challenge their dominance..

How can you say Nigeria army officers are predominantly by igbo without facts to back up your claim? Now you are referring us to Nairaland thread. My advice to you is, Stop smoking some dangerous chemical as evidently, the chemical is fast drilling your sense of reasoning dry.

I believe that Nigeria is largely a farce, I don't defend the north but the solution to our situation is not to give the other guy his own gun, it is to create the situation where both sides are not afraid of one another. Fixing Nigeria is a very basic thing, I could tell you everything exactly as it needs to be done. this ethnic paranoia and hostilities coupled with absolute stewpidity is what it ruining Nigeria.

alex101: Before we go further, can you, for the record(s), state your ethnic background. I'm Igbo, for the record.

I am Tiv, from Benue state. Born and raised Catholic, just to put that out there. Though Benue state is largely considered part of the north we obviously have no connection to fulani/hausa. perhaps my removal from the situation is why I can be objective. No doubt you will find a way to use this against me

asha 80: i never knew igbos are from the southwest.

They aren't from the North either so his point would be moot all the same.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/aftermath-of-gumi-s-warning-northern-senators-meet-over-igbo-domination-in-army

http://elombah.com/index.php/articles-mainmenu/14389-sheikh-ahmad-gumi-rants-on-igbo-domination-of-nigerian-army

P.S. I never said they should not open another academy, I think it is a good idea, not in the Niger-Delta though, those people just want an official militia training facility, I was objecting to the following.

alex101:

This dude basically said we should arm ethnic interests with the means to wage civil war, one army is fine for now.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by CyberG: 12:23am On Jun 29, 2013
alex101: Before we go further, can you, for the record(s), state your ethnic background. I'm Igbo, for the record.

Who cares? An argument without substance but hot hair is preceded only by such shameful statement as this one! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by dayokanu(m): 12:27am On Jun 29, 2013
I would think the so called Middle belt dominates the Armed forces more than any other region

And they have ruled more than any other group

We have had 3 rulers from the Middle belt who have spent a total of 18yrs

Military rule

North East - 0yrs
North West - Murtala + Buhari + Abacha = 8yrs
Middlebelt - Gowon + IBB + Abdulsalam = 18yrs
SouthWest - Obasanjo 2yrs
South east - ironsi 6months
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by Nobody: 3:37am On Jun 29, 2013
IBB and Abudulsalami middle belt indeed!!
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by dayokanu(m): 5:58am On Jun 29, 2013
chukwudi44: IBB and Abudulsalami middle belt indeed!!

Unless you dont know your Nigerian Geography

IBB is Nupe which is one of the minority tribe in the North Central
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by kunlekunle: 6:01am On Jun 29, 2013
alex101: You ain't making any damn sense, at all! This is not about GEJ, for the army is bigger than the president. This issue is about the danger of having a one-sided armed forces, tilted in favour of the north,,,and by extension, threat to the entire south.

its been an open secret for a long time.
Even GEJ was denied a naval base in SS. U remember that?
my question is would you have the gut to shout about after 2019?
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by 9jaIhail(m): 9:01am On Jun 29, 2013
CROWÉ:

I believe that Nigeria is largely a farce, I don't defend the north but the solution to our situation is not to give the other guy his own gun, it is to create the situation where both sides are not afraid of one another. Fixing Nigeria is a very basic thing, I could tell you everything exactly as it needs to be done. this ethnic paranoia and hostilities coupled with absolute stewpidity is what it ruining Nigeria.

I am Tiv, from Benue state. Born and raised Catholic, just to put that out there. Though Benue state is largely considered part of the north we obviously have no connection to fulani/hausa. perhaps my removal from the situation is why I can be objective. No doubt you will find a way to use this against me

They aren't from the North either so his point would be moot all the same.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/aftermath-of-gumi-s-warning-northern-senators-meet-over-igbo-domination-in-army

http://elombah.com/index.php/articles-mainmenu/14389-sheikh-ahmad-gumi-rants-on-igbo-domination-of-nigerian-army

P.S. I never said they should not open another academy, I think it is a good idea, not in the Niger-Delta though, those people just want an official militia training facility, I was objecting to the following.

This dude basically said we should arm ethnic interests with the means to wage civil war, one army is fine for now.

Now i got it. You are a Northerner hence the reason you want the status qua of one sided army to remain untouched.... But how long do you children of pharaoh think you can hold the rest of Nigerians to ransom?
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by KINGwax(m): 10:10am On Jun 29, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

u will jes die of hypertension!
Till u kpeme, and ur grt grt grandchildrem follow u, u won't see a broken Nigeria. The worst u will see is her regionaliztion.

U dnt av to agree, it is a fact that will alwys prevail whether u accept or not!

Yes: we dnt want war

But hey, for Nigeria to break , u think we dnt want it? I dey laugh u!

Ut most of us, being more intelligent by default, and think wit our brain and not our mouth like urs that is jes filled with arrogance, we knw by the treaty signed, u can't seced, u can only form a region!

This is what we want, and until u drop ur vague pride and ur leaders come to address it, u will die of hypertension!
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by IdomaLikita: 11:18am On Jun 29, 2013
I have no problem with the Request, my ish is with d choice of Word.."COMMAND"! Smh
Re: Ijaw Command FG To Establish Military Academies In The Niger Delta by CROWE: 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Now i got it. You are a Northerner hence the reason you want the status qua of one sided army to remain untouched.... But how long do you children of pharaoh think you can hold the rest of Nigerians to ransom?

Well, at least you didn't disappoint.

(1) (Reply)

Agagu's Son And Other Survivors Of The Ill-fated Plane Crash. / National Conference Will Create Disunity– Kwankwaso / Two Survivors From Agagu Crash 'abandoned' At Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.