Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,832 members, 7,831,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? (12552 Views)

Buhari To Employ 100,000 Police Officers, Put CCTV In Major Towns & Cities / Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) / Uduaghan Shuts Down Major Roads In Warri For Daughters Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by ojimbo(m): 11:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
Yes, they were banned from major roads, all this things are just arrising because of the wickedness of men
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by docjuli(m): 11:20pm On Jun 28, 2013
achi4u: after keke what next??

Leggedis benz or wandering.
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by danjalingo: 11:29pm On Jun 28, 2013
okoli chibuzor: poor people are surfferin in enugu. There is no job opportuies in enugu yet dey ban okada also keke...... Dat means enugu govt should get ready to improve robbery,killings and kiddnaping....... Enugu governor no dey use his brains @ all
u no c wia pesn rite na na sey im jus enta keke 4 enugu n sey d tin fuL b/s. mek una d rid weL b4 una rite.
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by collynzo2(m): 11:32pm On Jun 28, 2013
Enugu: such a beautiful and organised city! If only the whole of Nigeria can be like Enugu. I don't know about the rest of the state but Enugu city is an example for other cities to follow.

4 Likes

Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by etochi11(m): 11:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
domcarez: @OP, where did u get the news coz i just boarded keke napep to my house this evening and besides there r plenty of KEKE at the popular "mayor bus stop". Check ur stories mister
which syd stay in mayor? Am in idaw river
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
from okada to keke, after dat dey go ban pple wy dey waka with foot. grin grin grin
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by collynzo2(m): 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
etochi11: which syd stay in mayor? Am in idaw river
You be water spirit?

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by sabsidney(m): 12:24am On Jun 29, 2013
Not true. Banned from operating in major high ways. Their menace is getting out off hand.
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by sabsidney(m): 12:28am On Jun 29, 2013
Not true. Banned from operating in major high ways. Their menace is getting out off hand. (sabsidney)
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by chaloner(m): 12:44am On Jun 29, 2013
collynzo2: Enugu: such a beautiful and organised city! If only the whole of Nigeria can be like Enugu. I don't know about the rest of the state but Enugu city is an example for other cities to follow.
did you know dat u didnt say anytin at all?
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by Blackteeth(m): 12:46am On Jun 29, 2013
When that Nigerian guy was building his helicopter you guys were criticizing him. Now you guys in Enugu will soon start wishing for that helicopter to fly in.
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:49am On Jun 29, 2013
Keke Napep is living on borrowed time Nationwide..

Most governors who jumped on the Keke Napep initiative didn't properly think it through. The riders of these contraptions are just as bad as the Okada riders. Until we learn to properly train, monitor and regulate commercial transporters, they will continue to be a menace to other private road users. That's the real problem.

Keke will later have to go... Especially as most states move to more efficient means of transportation like intra city trains and dedicated bus routes for commercial busses.

2 Likes

Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by achi4u(m): 1:01am On Jun 29, 2013
sambroose: Chei all does Keke napeps go flood abakaliki o
my guy war dey o!!!! u
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by Abagworo(m): 1:18am On Jun 29, 2013
Keke shouldn't ply major roads in the first place. It gives Nigerian cities a very unpleasant look. They don't ply major roads in Port Harcourt but in Owerri and Uyo, they constitute nuisance on highways.

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by Nobody: 1:31am On Jun 29, 2013
pekelepekele:

I think other states governors are now doing a copy cat of what Fashola is doing in Lasgidi cheesy
so if a governor does something towards developing his state, he is tagged a 'copy-cat' just because fashola first did it? They may not necessarily be copying fashola cos they probably have rules of democracy they are keeping. Anyway, even if it was to be true and he is copying from fashola, fashola is still copying from another governor outside Nigeria, perhaps a US state governor. So the cycle continues, they are all copy cats. You see?
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by Eleponblue(m): 1:32am On Jun 29, 2013
domcarez: @OP, where did u get the news coz i just boarded keke napep to my house this evening and besides there r plenty of KEKE at the popular "mayor bus stop". Check ur stories mister
No mind am :-Xwireless FM
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by Nobody: 1:33am On Jun 29, 2013
Abagworo: Keke shouldn't ply major roads in the first place. It gives Nigerian cities a very unpleasant look. They don't ply major roads in Port Harcourt but in Owerri and Uyo, they constitute nuisance on highways.

true
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by Nobody: 1:34am On Jun 29, 2013
Blackteeth: When that Nigerian guy was building his helicopter you guys were criticizing him. Now you guys in Enugu will soon start wishing for that helicopter to fly in.
your moniker speaks more for you. Smh
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by Bobandgreat: 2:09am On Jun 29, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
duke4ever: modify what?

Your brain.
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by okpukmbat: 3:44am On Jun 29, 2013
Kevsman: House, i just heard on the radio that the Enugu state Government has banned the use of keke napep in the state, after banning motorcycle (okada) last year,

please is this true?

Not again!!! na wa oooo now what do they want me to do. ?

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by Nobody: 3:45am On Jun 29, 2013
So that drunkard in Enugu has run mad too. First of all, he wasted the poor tax payers money to buy KIA RIO for dir*ty Naija policemen and now he doesn't want the poor people to go about their business. Who knows the lady that took this decision in a hotel room undecided Mek I shut up sha, e fit be my cousin grin

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by ogonogo: 4:57am On Jun 29, 2013
Okija_juju: Keke Napep is living on borrowed time Nationwide..

Most governors who jumped on the Keke Napep initiative didn't properly think it through. The riders of these contraptions are just as bad as the Okada riders. Until we learn to properly train, monitor and regulate commercial transporters, they will continue to be a menace to other private road users. That's the real problem.

Keke will later have to go... Especially as most states move to more efficient means of transportation like intra city trains and dedicated bus routes for commercial busses.

This is the best post in this thread. Its going to take proper training, monitoring and regulating of commercial transporters. Something that nobody in Nigeria seems to be interested in doing. If it doesnt make money, it doesnt make sense. Not understanding the importance of having structure and implementing an uptodate system is Nigerias biggest problem.
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by cycline404(m): 4:59am On Jun 29, 2013
I Learnt The Governor sign an MOU with one of the car company so they can establish there factory in the state to which Indigens can get a vehicle for N40k
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by olenyi: 5:49am On Jun 29, 2013
The whole ban idea emaneted from the taxi guys complaining that because of the keke guys demanding cheaper fares from passengers, they themselves are now finding it difficult to remit their agreed weekly/monthly hire purchase payment to the Government/bank.

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by chikasin4(m): 5:57am On Jun 29, 2013
It is tru my broder, dey hv been banned from riding a double lane roads here in Enugu with effect from monday 1st july and pay N25000 for fine if dey cach u. I also here that d taxi union went and bribe d trsnsport commissioner dat lead to dat ban. I dont know wheder keke people hv union, dey for do and sort them selfs out. Dey accoused keke people of reckless drivin. I advise keke to organise a peacfull protest and match to d govtment house instead of sittin diwn and watchin. Ka chineke mezie okwu. Udo diri unu.

3 Likes

Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by Frank3n2(m): 6:05am On Jun 29, 2013
cycline404: I Learnt The Governor sign an MOU with one of the car company so they can establish there factory in the state to which Indigens can get a vehicle for N40k

Which car company? When does it take off? And where is ur source??
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by fabrista(m): 6:26am On Jun 29, 2013
False....na enugu we dy
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 29, 2013
ban only on some major high ways
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by Franky9584(m): 7:10am On Jun 29, 2013
False, hw posible z dat? Dey should bann public transport 2
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by Gboliwe: 7:12am On Jun 29, 2013
collynzo2: You be water spirit?
cheesy grin
Re: Keke Napep Ban In major roads in Enugu State? by Gboliwe: 7:16am On Jun 29, 2013
Abagworo: Keke shouldn't ply major roads in the first place. It gives Nigerian cities a very unpleasant look. They don't ply major roads in Port Harcourt but in Owerri and Uyo, they constitute nuisance on highways.
keke is the only mode of commercial transport in Uyo the capital city. There should be a cab service but you can stand by the road for several hours without as much as sighting any.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire scare at CBN Headquarters / Audacity Of Fake News: Army Recruiting Boko Haram Members? - Fredrick Nwabufo / Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.