Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,258 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan (12540 Views)

Lamido-Amaechi’s Campaign Posters Flood Abuja / Lamido/Amaechi's 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Kaduna. / Jonathan’s 2015 Campaign Posters Flood Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 14, 2013
Giant campaign posters announcing the candidature of the Jigawa State Governor, Sule Lamido and his Rivers State counterpart, Rotimi Amaechi, for the 2015 presidential election have been pasted in strategic locations in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State.

The captivating posters strategically pasted in the high- brow areas of the ancient city mentioned the Youth Coalition for Better Nigeria as sponsor of the project.

The posters were seen in Mokola Roundabout, Eleyele, Ring Road, Old-Ife, Alakia, Yidi, Iwo-Road Roundabout, among others in the metropolis.

Though the posters did not indicate the platform on which the duo will be contesting, many assume it will be on the platform of another party as the crisis in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) deepens.

A source said the posters are intended to send a strong signal to the Presidency that the duo is eyeing the seat come 2015.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/lamido-amaechi-posters-flood-ibadan/
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 14, 2013
I'm not a bigot but the question that readily comes to mind when one reads this type of report is WHY NOT Amaechi-Lamido ticket? Must the south always serve under the north?

Who failed to build new power plants, transmission facilities or expand the distribution networks in the last 3 decades? Who failed to add new networks of roads in the last 2 decades? Who presided over the dilapidation of existing road networks? Who presided over the deterioration of the basic and tertiary education system? Who presided over the decayed rail transport system? Who created the enabling environment for corruption to grow astronomically? Who forcefully seized the missionary schools? Who converted Nigeria to a nation solely dependent on oil? Who presided over the astronomical rise in unemployment rate?

Can the people from the same ethnic group that is mostly responsible for these problems be trusted to solve them?

13 Likes

Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by tomakint: 10:20am On Apr 14, 2013
Lamido who is yet to fix Jigawa satisfactorily is being backed by the 'Ebora of Owu', Olusegun Obasanjo to come and rule Nigeria at all cost! Truly, Nigeria is SICK! I still maintained, 'Woe betide any Southerner (be it from southwest, southeast and south-south)' clamouring for these disgruntled elements up North to come and preside over the affairs of this Nation again, despite what they (core North) have done to the rest of us over the years through the support from Buckingham Palace undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by OAM4J: 10:38am On Apr 14, 2013
tomakint: Lamido who is yet to fix Jigawa satisfactorily is being backed by the 'Ebora of Owu', Olusegun Obasanjo to come and rule Nigeria at all cost! Truly, Nigeria is SICK! I still maintained, 'Woe betide any Southerner (be it from southwest, southeast and south-south)' clamouring for these disgruntled elements up North to come and preside over the affairs of this Nation again, despite what they (core North) have done to the rest of us over the years through the support from Buckingham Palace undecided

Am not a fan of PDP, but from the reports, Jigawa is one of the few states PDP government performed well.

2 Likes

Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by OsunOriginal: 10:49am On Apr 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I'm not a bigot but the question that readily comes to mind when one reads this type of report is WHY NOT Amaechi-Lamido ticket? Must the south always serve under the north?

Who failed to build new power plants, transmission facilities or expand the distribution networks in the last 3 decades? Who failed to add new networks of roads in the last 2 decades? Who presided over the dilapidation of existing road networks? Who presided over the deterioration of the basic and tertiary education system? Who presided over the decayed rail transport system? Who created the enabling environment for corruption to grow astronomically? Who forcefully seized the missionary schools? Who converted Nigeria to a nation solely dependent on oil? Who presided over the astronomical rise in unemployment rate?

Can the people from the same ethnic group that is mostly responsible for these problems be trusted to solve them?

You are not going to get answer on NL except Amaechi is a NLander himself. My advice to you, take the next bus to PH and find your way to government house for a meeting with Amaechi. May be you can convince him to request for presidential slot instead of VP - ask him to insist on it.

You question is right but the other people can ask the same question - afterall the current setup is southerner president (GEJ) and northerner VP (Sambo). Why can't it be Northerner president and Southerner VP?

13 Likes

Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by tomakint: 10:55am On Apr 14, 2013
OAM4J:

Am not a fan of PDP, but from the reports, Jigawa is one of the few states PDP government performed well.
......and you may have mistakenly misplaced 'Akwa Ibom' for 'Jigawa' undecided what and what structural developments has Lamido brought to Jigawa that can be compared to what Akpabio gave Akwa Ibom, I need answers has to why Boko Haram have Jigawa as one of their 'operational bases' and this is the man you are supporting? I bow to you ooo!

5 Likes

Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by OAM4J: 11:01am On Apr 14, 2013
tomakint:
......and you may have mistakenly misplaced 'Akwa Ibom' for 'Jigawa' undecided what and what structural developments has Lamido brought to Jigawa that can be compared to what Akpabio gave Akwa Ibom, I need answers has to why Boko Haram have Jigawa as one of their 'operational bases' and this is the man you are supporting? I bow to you ooo!

Support? Did you miss the part I said am not a PDP fan? Lemme make it clearer, I dont buy anything with PDP label on it.

That said, just google Jigawa and Lamido and read the reports.
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by Abagworo(m): 11:02am On Apr 14, 2013
tomakint: Lamido who is yet to fix Jigawa satisfactorily is being backed by the 'Ebora of Owu', Olusegun Obasanjo to come and rule Nigeria at all cost! Truly, Nigeria is SICK! I still maintained, 'Woe betide any Southerner (be it from southwest, southeast and south-south)' clamouring for these disgruntled elements up North to come and preside over the affairs of this Nation again, despite what they (core North) have done to the rest of us over the years through the support from Buckingham Palace undecided

Define the term "core North" and tell me how many years they've ruled Nigeria.

IBB-Gwari-8years

Abacha-Kanuri-5years

OBJ-Yoruba-11years

Gowon-Angas-9years

Shagari-Fulani-4years

Buhari-Fulani-2years

Abdulsalami-Nupe-1year

Ironsi-Igbo-1year

Jonathan-Ijaw-4years

Yar'Adua-Fulani-2years

Tafawa Balewa-Sefawa-6years.

9 Likes

Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by dridowu: 11:04am On Apr 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I'm not a bigot but the question that readily comes to mind when one reads this type of report is WHY NOT Amaechi-Lamido ticket? Must the south always serve under the north?

most of we southerner are not unite but northener so superb wen it cmes to unity
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 14, 2013
OsunOriginal:

You are not going to get answer on NL except Amaechi is a NLander himself. My advice to you, take the next bus to PH and find your way to government house for a meeting with Amaechi. May be you can convince him to request for presidential slot instead of VP - ask him to insist on it.

You question is right but the other people can ask the same question - afterall the current setup is southerner president (GEJ) and northerner VP (Sambo). Why can't it be Northerner president and Southerner VP?
We all know GEJ got to his position by PROVIDENCE. Though he finally got elected in 2011 but without the death of Yar Adua, GEJ stood NO CHANCE of either contesting or winning in 2011. As a matter of FACT, if Yar Adua had not died, no southerner stood any chance of contesting and winning against him in 2011.

3 Likes

Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by OsunOriginal: 11:11am On Apr 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
We all know GEJ got to his position by PROVIDENCE. Though he finally got elected in 2011 but without the death of Yar Adua, GEJ stood NO CHANCE of either contesting or winning in 2011. As a matter of FACT, if Yar Adua had not died, no southerner stood any chance of contesting and winning against him in 2011.

I hate responding to a scumbag's post but is GEJ the only Southerner to be president since 1999? So, OBJ is a notherner? Or tell me OBJ was not elected by Nigerians (southerners and northerners).

Man, dont ever respond to my post again in your miserable existence.

2 Likes

Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by tomakint: 11:14am On Apr 14, 2013
Abagworo:
Define the term "core North" and tell me how many years they've ruled Nigeria.
IBB-Gwari-8years
Abacha-Kanuri-5years
OBJ-Yoruba-11years
Gowon-Angas-9years
Shagari-Fulani-4years
Buhari-Fulani-2years
Abdulsalami-Nupe-1year
Ironsi-Igbo-1year
Jonathan-Ijaw-4years
Yar'Adua-Fulani-2years
Tafawa Balewa-Sefawa-5years.
Why are u twisting facts? Balewa, Yar'Adua and Ironsi spent 6yrs, 3yrs and 6 months respectively! U should know that politically, the North are 1
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 14, 2013
OsunOriginal:

I hate responding to a scumbag's post but is GEJ the only Southerner to be president since 1999? So, OBJ is a notherner? Or tell me OBJ was not elected by Nigerians (southerners and northerners).

Man, dont ever respond to my post again in your miserable existence.
"I hate responding to a scumbag's post"

That is the problem with engaging in a conversation with notorious Tinubu's APC internet dogs. They can hardly put two sentences together without abuse or insult.

My previous post assumed I was having a conversation with a normal human being, but I guess I was wrong. As much as one tries, there's no point having any conversation with mentally incapacitated and confused fools. A fool will always act like one.

11 Likes

Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by mmmustapha(m): 11:21am On Apr 14, 2013

must u Always envy NORTH??

1 Like

Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by Drdaps(m): 11:26am On Apr 14, 2013
I reserve my comment till 2015
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by Emyogalanya: 11:26am On Apr 14, 2013
Make dem carry go now we dey look
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by MrUzo: 11:28am On Apr 14, 2013
But really- if he contests will you vote himin.
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by mmmustapha(m): 11:28am On Apr 14, 2013
I ddnt knw Y ppl hates NORTHERNERS
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by tomakint: 11:28am On Apr 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
"I hate responding to a scumbag's post"
That is the problem with engaging in a conversation with notorious Tinubu's APC internet dogs. They can hardly put two sentences together without abuse or insult. As much as one tries, there's no point having any conversation with mentally incapacitated and confused fools. A fool will always act like one.
...and if their 'messengers online' (ACN thugs) can b dis violent what are we to expect from their masters offline
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 14, 2013
Nice team......at least dey r better Dan d current drunkard n visionless GEJ led team

1 Like

Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by mclaaro(f): 11:29am On Apr 14, 2013
Dey wish
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by MORNDEW(m): 11:31am On Apr 14, 2013
I like amaechi he is nt even afraid of GEJ after everything dat is happening. Dats courageous. No matter the ticket all i wnt is 4 GEJ 2 leave wit his incompetence by 2015. And i dnt wnt PDP.
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by tomakint: 11:32am On Apr 14, 2013
OAM4J:

Support? Did you miss the part I said am not a PDP fan? Lemme make it clearer, I dont buy anything with PDP label on it.

That said, just google Jigawa and Lamido and read the reports.
I know u are not supporting PDP but my reaction is towards your response to me which shows your likeness for Lamido's administration in Jigawa!
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by slimfit1(m): 11:34am On Apr 14, 2013

I don't care what people say you are right inferiority complex is kicking in with the south.
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by tomakint: 11:37am On Apr 14, 2013
mmmustapha: I ddnt knw Y ppl hates NORTHERNERS
Because they are just "Power Hungry Funky Mallams" undecided who don't even know what to do with that Power cool
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I'm a bigot but
CRAP, CRAP, CRAP
fixed
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by ayswags2: 11:38am On Apr 14, 2013

u are an unrepentant bigot insincere nigerian
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by Biodup: 11:38am On Apr 14, 2013
[quote
author=OsunOriginal]

I hate responding to a scumbag's post but is GEJ the only Southerner to
be president since 1999? So, OBJ is a notherner? Or tell me OBJ was not
elected by Nigerians (southerners and northerners).

Man, dont ever respond to my post again in your miserable
existence.[/quote] obj is more love by northerners for handling over power to the northerner in 1979. also obj is not religious bigot like buhari and others
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by Iman2: 11:40am On Apr 14, 2013
its always hausa/fulani wen fighting southerners and common enemies. why core north?
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 14, 2013
dridowu: most of we southerner are not unite but northener so superb wen it cmes to unity
Gbagaun
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by knash1(m): 11:45am On Apr 14, 2013
mmmustapha: I ddnt knw Y ppl hates NORTHERNERS
because the a useless and think like ram. fucccccccccccccck dem.
Re: Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 14, 2013
dridowu: most of we southerner are not unite but northener so superb wen it cmes to unity
AND SO YOU SUPPORT THE CALL TO ISLAMISE NIGERIA?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Egyptian Ambassador, Salama, Travelled By Road From Maiduguri To Yobe - Buhari / President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka / Kaigama, Onaiyekan Frown At Increase In Petrol Price, Electricity Tariff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.