Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

BBC again? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC again? (1352 Views)

Cameroon 'kills 100 Boko Haram Fighters And Frees 900 Hostages' -bbc Africa / Breaking News: BBC Admits Charlie Hebdo's Attack Was Faked / Bbc Again! In Pictures: Going To School By Canoe In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC again? by landis(m): 2:31pm On May 14, 2008
What's in the soup?

Pictures show Nigeria's undimmed relish for endangered bush meat

grin cheesy grin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/7398395.stm

Re: BBC again? by tpia: 2:38pm On May 14, 2008
I just read the story this morning, myself.

Didnt know there are iguanas in northern Nigeria- I thought iguanas were native to the south pacific or south america.

Anyway, the bush meat got my mouth watering, really.

e don tey since I last eat am.

hmmm- bush meat peppersoup.

I cant eat monkey though. But I have a friend who did.

this BBC sef. cool
Re: BBC again? by deor03(m): 8:34pm On May 15, 2008
Sarah has been cooking bush meat for so long she has the title 'Mama Nama' from her customers, meaning mother of meat. A plate of her pepper soup costs $2.50 (£1.30).
from bbc

I guess the propaganda is that an average Nigerian lives on less than 1US dollars per day
Re: BBC again? by 4Him1(m): 10:02pm On May 15, 2008
deor03:

from bbc

I guess the propaganda is that an average Nigerian lives on less than 1US dollars per day

They wont have any news to report if they tell the truth.
Re: BBC again? by Kobojunkie: 12:23am On May 16, 2008
So these are human beings who actually went through all those pictures on the site along with the pictures beneath and concluded in the end that this is BBC propaganda?? I dare any of you to show what in all that is posted on that site is a lie. How can people act like idiots and think they are doing themselves good?? How long will this people allow victim mentality plague them
Re: BBC again? by lucabrasi(m): 12:46am On May 16, 2008
one man's food is another man's poison, both the person eating iguanas and any so called endengered species and the person eating chicken are all committing the same crime of eating other animals,if i was poor and hungry what rights do they have to tell me not to eat wats available or cheap when they r sat on their asses in uk eating pizzaz and what not , anything an african does is always twisted to be a crime, whats their own these ppl didnt go to britain to carry the iguana so wats their stress,shell is there messn up the niger delta and they r turning a blind eye, rubbish
Re: BBC again? by bigfather(m): 5:15am On May 16, 2008
lucabrasi:

one man's food is another man's poison, both the person eating iguanas and any so called endengered species and the person eating chicken are all committing the same crime of eating other animals,if i was poor and hungry what rights do they have to tell me not to eat wats available or cheap when they r sat on their asses in uk eating pizzaz and what not , anything an african does is always twisted to be a crime, whats their own these people didnt go to britain to carry the iguana so wats their stress,shell is there messn up the niger delta and they r turning a blind eye, rubbish

Don't mind them, stupid people.They are always digging for bad things about naija,so na crime for person to eat bush meat now abi ? undecided
Re: BBC again? by savanaha: 5:21am On May 16, 2008
Americans kill deer and eat the meat. People in West Virgin eat squirrls but here the BBC is making a big deal about bushmeat. When ever the BBC provides Nigerias with loads of free chicken then they might be taken seriously, idiots.
Re: BBC again? by Jakumo(m): 6:42am On May 16, 2008
There is a WORLD of difference between the ABUNDANT over-populations of deer, water-fowl and squirrels hunted for food by Americans and Europeans who live in rural areas on one hand, and on the other hand the HIGHLY ENDANGERED primates being destroyed all over Africa by lazy ignorant phuck-heads who refuse to cultivate their own food, and who couldn't care less that they are eating creatures whose DNA structure is virtually identical to that of human beings.

Yes sir, the "Bush Meat" trade typifies that ubiquitous grab-and-gobble African philosophy of  "What can I stuff my greedy ugly face with NOW, and to hell with saving the forests and their fauna, since all that exists for my personal plunder."
Re: BBC again? by savanaha: 6:47am On May 16, 2008
When did Iguanas start having the same DNA as humans?
Re: BBC again? by Jakumo(m): 7:10am On May 16, 2008
The top picture is that of a Chimpanzee's skull, sir, one DNA code removed from that of humans.
Re: BBC again? by lucabrasi(m): 10:25am On May 16, 2008
ignorant africans not cultivating their foods abi?how will they cultivate with corrupt leaders aided and encouraged by the same america and others,unfair subsidy given to european and american farmers,world bank loans designed to do more harm than good?
either iguanas or monkeys or chimpanzees have 100% human dna,as long as these people find it choppable and they v not gone to a zoo in america or britain to hunt then its none of their biz wax,

they can think about beautifying their zoos with so called endengered species now because they have enough food,their pet dogs and cats have enough food,in britain a study said more than 60% willrather give to a pet charity than to african children dieing of famine now they r coming to tell the same starving african people not to eat particular species of animals so that they can put it in their zoos,idiots, even if we now decide not to touch them again its still not their business because its ours and we can do what we like with it,its clear that these loons think more highly of exotic animals and pets than starving humans which is what all these is about, their cute blue eyed blond children prolly saw a tv programme where beautiful terry the iguana the family pet is being killed and got upset and they decided to package a programme about it, abeg lets keep chopping jare yeye ppl let them protect the "endengered species in niger-delta" by teling shell and the rest to sort the place out,and tell them not to buy weapons for the police
Re: BBC again? by landis(m): 1:58pm On May 16, 2008
they can think about beautifying their zoos with so called endengered species now because they have enough food,their pet dogs and cats have enough food,in britain a study said more than 60% willrather give to a pet charity than to african children dieing of famine now they r coming to tell the same starving african people not to eat particular species of animals so that they can put it in their zoos,

that's it.
Re: BBC again? by Blatant: 2:54pm On May 16, 2008
lucabrasi:

ignorant africans not cultivating their foods abi?how will they cultivate with corrupt leaders aided and encouraged by the same america and others,unfair subsidy given to european and american farmers,world bank loans designed to do more harm than good?
either iguanas or monkeys or chimpanzees have 100% human dna,as long as these people find it choppable and they v not gone to a zoo in america or britain to hunt then its none of their biz wax,

they can think about beautifying their zoos with so called endengered species now because they have enough food,their pet dogs and cats have enough food,in britain a study said more than 60% willrather give to a pet charity than to african children dieing of famine now they r coming to tell the same starving african people not to eat particular species of animals so that they can put it in their zoos,idiots, even if we now decide not to touch them again its still not their business because its ours and we can do what we like with it,its clear that these loons think more highly of exotic animals and pets than starving humans which is what all these is about, their cute blue eyed blond children prolly saw a tv programme where beautiful terry the iguana the family pet is being killed and got upset and they decided to package a programme about it, abeg lets keep chopping jare yeye people let them protect the "endengered species in niger-delta" by teling shell and the rest to sort the place out,and tell them not to buy weapons for the police
Re: BBC again? by texazzpete(m): 3:14pm On May 16, 2008
I'm sorry, i've gone to the link provided and i haven't seen anything criticizing us for eating Bush meat. What's all the furore about? It's a simple report about our consumption of bush meat.

lucabrasi:

,in britain a study said more than 60% willrather give to a pet charity than to african children dieing of famine

Y'know, 90% of statistics thrown around are made up.

And yes, i made up that 90% number too grin

lucabrasi:

abeg lets keep chopping jare yeye people let them protect the "endengered species in niger-delta" by teling shell and the rest to sort the place out,and tell them not to buy weapons for the police

All you semi-literate ND people know is 'shell'. Of all the killings in the Niger Delta for the past 2 years, how many are due to the police? The people being killed by the millitants, what are they? cannon fodder?

Can you provide evidence for any oil company buying arms for the police in the past 5 years?
I'm not surprised. You sound barely educated.
Re: BBC again? by landis(m): 4:05pm On May 16, 2008
Can you provide evidence for any oil company buying arms for the police in the past 5 years?

US Court okays Chevron's trial over killing, torture of Nigerians:
A UNITED States (U.S.) District Court yesterday rejected Chevron Corporation's final bid to avoid prosecution over alleged involvement in brutal attacks on Nigerian villagers.

Nine Nigerian plaintiffs are suing Chevron in a federal court in San Francisco for deaths,
Re: BBC again? by lucabrasi(m): 4:07pm On May 16, 2008
texazzpete:

Y'know, 90% of statistics thrown around are made up.

And yes, i made up that 90% number too grin

All you semi-literate ND people know is 'shell'. Of all the killings in the Niger Delta for the past 2 years, how many are due to the police? The people being killed by the millitants, what are they? cannon fodder?

well first  the statistics im on about was from a respected website which i used as a reference for one of my course works so i know for sure that its not made up and anyone living in the uk will tell you that generally they will give their pets first priority i dont have time to start searching for any evidence cause it seems you r mind is already biased.

im not semi-literate,i wouldnt return the compliments ill rather say i think you are ignorant for making assumptions based on what you have no idea of, first im not a niger deltan and i have no connections to them save from being a nigerian,and as for the millitants killing as well,well what can i say, violence begets violence,

like the popular saying ,dude  if you r angry or frustrated about something abeg dont take it out on me,go get laid,take a stroll to clear your head or do something more productive, or maybe you r tryna show off that you r the man oshisco nigeria ltd grin
Re: BBC again? by lucabrasi(m): 4:10pm On May 16, 2008
landis:

A UNITED States (US.) District Court yesterday rejected Chevron Corporation's final bid to avoid prosecution over alleged involvement in brutal attacks on Nigerian villagers.

Nine Nigerian plaintiffs are suing Chevron in a federal court in San Francisco for deaths,

why are you even dignifying his comments with your reply,dont let him de rail your thread im sure he s one of these ppl who have spent all their lives abroad and have not been to nigeria once, they base their comment on fox news,cnn e.t.c
Re: BBC again? by texazzpete(m): 4:32pm On May 16, 2008
landis:

A UNITED States (US.) District Court yesterday rejected Chevron Corporation's final bid to avoid prosecution over alleged involvement in brutal attacks on Nigerian villagers.

I asked for evidence to show that Oil companies have been buying arms for the police in the past 5 years and you send me this?

lucabrasi:

well first the statistics im on about was from a respected website which i used as a reference for one of my course works

Provide evidence, please. Until we see a link, there's no telling how respectable your website truly is. If it was for your coursework, it should be easy to pull out the reference from it.

lucabrasi:

im not semi-literate
So you say, but you have to admit your written english is atrocious.

lucabrasi:

as for the millitants killing as well,well what can i say, violence begets violence,

So you casually dismiss the deaths of innocent civillians as mere collateral damage, yet you want us to grieve over your dead, abi?
Every human being is born equal. It makes no sense to celebrate Saro-Wiwa yet casually gloss over fellow human beings that have been slaughtered by your so-called freedom fighters.

lucabrasi:

im sure he s one of these people who have spent all their lives abroad and have not been to nigeria once, they base their comment on fox news,cnn e.t.c
lucabrasi:

i think you are ignorant for making assumptions based on what you have no idea of
Compare the two quotes above. Now who's making assumptions?

lucabrasi:

don't let him de rail your thread

I could have sworn the thread was set up to comment on BBC's report, only for a jackass like yourself to turn it into another anti-western bashfest. So who's doing the 'derailing'?
Re: BBC again? by savanaha: 5:06pm On May 16, 2008
Taxabit or whatever the hell your screen name is get a life and stop kissing BBCs ass. You sir are a dumbass.
Re: BBC again? by lucabrasi(m): 5:14pm On May 16, 2008
mr texazz pest or whaever your name is,if you read my last comment i said that i dont even want to bother riffling through my course works just to prove what i wrote to you,get it??first because i wasnt talking to you and second because this thread isnt about shell and what not, also i get the feeling that you get off on this kinda sturvs so i dont really want to give you an audience,hope you get it now.

now as for my english,maybe its cause you dont know me,check all my past comments, im only here to kill boredom,have a laugh and even use pidgin english and yoruba if i have to, check my other posts and you ll see proper killing of englich and even murder of yoruba grin, so dont be suprised if i come on here posting comments in pidgin english,ill have said you should point out why my english is that bad but like i said i dont want to give you an audience,its obvious nairaland is your life and its kinda your domain where you hold forte so you have to lord it over anyone tryna invade your space,this isnt insult o but dont take it that serious o and if u cant get a life i think you should borrow a life english is atrocious ko,english is delicious ni grin

like i said before,i think your aim is to derail the man's post,when did i justify killings apart from saying that violence begets violence, you should know what that means now ha ha ,if me a baby or apprentice wole soyinka writes a word i think you as the professor should know what it means and the correct intepretation  nahlol

you are the one making assumptions,
first you said "all you nd people know is shell"and then went on to  rant and rave about shell issue that wasnt even what the post is about, seeing as you r an english language major,im sure reading my comment that started this mindless reggea dancehall mcing from you,it should be clear that i just used it as an aside and continued with my comments,dont blame me for assuming that you get your news from fox and cnn now,because if you get the first hand news from an unbiased report and learnt first hand either being in naija or nd itself or someone from their then you wont  be rationalising(wow i wan bite my tongue o.lol)their actions

first its atrocious english,all you nd know is shell,semi-literate now its a jackass, meen you have serious issues o, how can any normal person who has a life take all this nairaland serious, for posting a comment see the way you destroyed me and even derailed the guy's post?u can post all this your cogent(my tongue, lol)explanations on a thread related to shell or ndelta, or if you want  the source of my stats,pls put up your own post and then we will gladly make comments on it then i will post my sources, like bob marley said abeg "lighten up yourself o my guy"lol, dont take this world soo serious,nairaland is a hangout place,where u r free to murder,castrate,stab and strangle english, dont worry about me professor lucie armitt's 70% says my english is on point  grin
pls back to the topic,u can call me a semi literate iguana chopper or somethn but i dont wana hear anything about shell again!! grin
Re: BBC again? by lucabrasi(m): 5:16pm On May 16, 2008
savanaha:

Taxabit or whatever the hell your screen name is get a life and stop kissing BBCs ass. You sir are a dumbass.
dont mind him now,he s just trying to make his presence felt on here, mr tezzaz pest we have seen and heard you pls back to the topic.
Re: BBC again? by Blatant: 1:53pm On May 19, 2008
behaviour is like smoke/gas. If you try to cover it with something, it just might escape.

A man's name and behaviour will always preceed him.
Re: BBC again? by texazzpete(m): 4:05pm On May 19, 2008
Blatant, you never fail to amuse me.
Insulting me in yoruba has lost its lustre, has it? I never though much of your infantile attempts to rile me in the past, and your latest pseudo-intellectual bullcrap isn't any better. Get a (decent) life.

@lucabrasi
You do realise that i mentioned the word 'shell' only once, while you've mentioned that word 6 times in your latest reply?

Thsi is a discussion forum, and discussions are meant to be all-encompassing. If you can't keep up, then GTFO.

If you really must insult me, may i suggest you do it in style? It's extremely childish to modify my username in an attempt to insult me.
If you need any help there, here are some more amusing versions
texas pit, Texxapeete, Texasmumu

I've been called all these by people with one thing in common: idiocy.

Now, here's a task for you. Re-read my last reply to you and see if it merited this insulting reply. All i did was point out obvious facts.
Re: BBC again? by lucabrasi(m): 4:43pm On May 19, 2008
well thanks for the indepht analysis of how many times shell was mentioned,but that is not erasing the fact that if you want to talk about the shell merits and de merits,start your own thread about it and even though im busy with my exams,ill dig my books up and get the relevant reference,u dont expect me to start checking through past works just because of some comment on nairaland do you?i dont take it that serious.

well seeing as you r prolly a lifetime platinum carrying member of nairaland,you ll know better than me cause i v only been a while,but from the little i know the moderator or whatever they r called always stress making your comments directly relevant to the topic which is what i did when i mentioned the shell u picked up on,as for gtfo im sure thats what you really want so that your supporters will know you have done it again abi oshisco grin,im not suprised because there are a lot like you who will always try to turn attention to themselves and i must admit you did,and if you want the biggest idiot of them all,you my good man are the biggest idiot,and like i said to you before go get or borrow a life and stop using nairaland as your internet home page,

a task for who?who has time for that,im onli here to have a laugh drop a few comments and move on with my real life,you r the one who has a full time or part time job here as for the other variations of your name,ill suggest you compile it in a book,and then launch it for all your peeps, im sure they ll find it good reading
Re: BBC again? by Blatant: 4:26pm On May 20, 2008
lucabrasi:

don't mind him now,he s just trying to make his presence felt on here, mr tezzaz pest we have seen and heard you please back to the topic.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Thugs Arrested In South Africa / Ekiti State Governorship's Re-run Election: The Action And Inaction Of Pdp / Senate To Get List Of Returning Ex-ministers Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.