Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,715 members, 7,813,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

St Gregory College[catholic Mission] Vs Covenant University-the Cost - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / St Gregory College[catholic Mission] Vs Covenant University-the Cost (5217 Views)

See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Madonna University: The Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

St Gregory College[catholic Mission] Vs Covenant University-the Cost by bankylan: 12:08am On Jun 29, 2013
I visited St Gregory college in Obalende and I was really happy with what I saw. The school is well maintained, classrooms that have been built over hundred years ago are still looking strong and new.
The environment is neat, and the students are well dressed in their white uniform. I was shown the labs, the computer room, the hostels, sporting facilities, and the library and I could not believe my eyes seeing the high standard of these facilities.
I entered the old students secretariat and I was told that old students come around almost on daily basis. They are proud te be called Gregorians.

I was sure this school could not belong to the government, so I asked who the owner is. I was told the Catholic mission owns the school and has been investing on the school since they took back ownership from the government 12 years ago.

Then I asked one of the teachers,' how much does it cost in a year to send a child to St Gregory, and he answered-'around 1 million naira'. And I was told the tuition has to be reviewed upward in the coming years so as keep the standard of the school. I stood still because I personally felt a missionary secondary school belonging to Catholic mission should not be that expensive. Then I looked around to see all the good facilities, and I asked myself 'where will the money to sustain this standard come from if the students are not made to pay it'?
Then I reasoned, if it costs a 12 year old boy 1m naira to attend a secondary school belonging to a Catholic church, it is greatly unfair to Condemn COVENANT or REDEEMERS universities and their owners over the tuition fees they charge. If you want the best, you have to pay for the best.
Kudos to Catholic mission..Kudos to St Gregory college...The campus is unbelievable!

(1) (Reply)

Primary School Female Teacher Twerks In The Classroom (Photos) / TETFUND: BIMS To Empower Education For Students, Lecturers And Staff / Oauife Admission List Finally Out On Eportal!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.