Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number (10767 Views)

New Plate Number And Driver's License / New Frsc Driver's License / Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by soulfood(m): 9:09am On Jun 29, 2013
The Nigerian Police Men in Lagos are at it again. They have started a new method of getting money off ignorant driver's who acquired their license in Lagos.

If your driver's license number starts with LA(Lagos) but the serial number at the back of the plastic tag starts with another states e.g CR(Cross Rivers), they are quick to say you have a fake license and threaten arrest.

My confirmation at F.R.S.C proves otherwise. F.R.S.C is a federal body with arms in various states so states that have large demand(Lagos)sometimes request for empty plastic tags from those that don't have such demand whenever they are short in supply. The request is usually made from states that do not have much demand and have excess empty tags. This is allowed within the law of the F.R.S.C. So what happens is that Mr A goes to get his license at F.R.S.C Ojodu, Lagos but his capture and data are put on a tag that was originally produced for Cross Rivers. Hence the license is Lagos issued based on data input at the F.R.S.C capture point but the empty plastic tag on which it is printed still carries the state that the tag was manufactured for.

The police have this information according to F.R.S.C, yet they prow on innocent citizens threatening them with arrest and delay just to get some money off them. I had to go to F.R.S.C office at Ojodu after falling victim to this ploy by men meant to uphold the law but twist it to suit their pocket at every chance.

9 Likes

Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by guy1234: 9:46am On Jun 29, 2013
Hmm nice info bro. Altho I don't have d new licence yet,we'll be on the lookout for these theives.

1 Like

Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by greall1: 10:02am On Jun 29, 2013
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by melorious4(m): 10:05am On Jun 29, 2013
its only in lagos that they are are doing that rubbish, in kaduna here where am staying, pple drive withouth drivers license and majority of car owner dont even know so many thing as nobody is disturbing them.
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:06am On Jun 29, 2013
Na wa ooooo...
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 29, 2013
greall1: .

Busted!

1 Like

Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by CrimzP(m): 10:08am On Jun 29, 2013
Nigerian Police and their numerous ways on wanting to generate funds.....SMH
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by Reyspin(m): 10:08am On Jun 29, 2013
Thatz deir area of specialization.... I go call Ombatse for dem naw!!!

3 Likes

Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by SIRPRESH(m): 10:09am On Jun 29, 2013
gud info....getting up gradually
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by meracool(m): 10:10am On Jun 29, 2013
That Is Where they Source Revenue for theselve... Haba
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by meracool(m): 10:11am On Jun 29, 2013
Crimz-P:
Nigerian Police and their numerous ways on wanting to generate funds.....SMH
That Is It..
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by prometheus(m): 10:11am On Jun 29, 2013
The eyesore called Nigerian Police.
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by horpe132(m): 10:11am On Jun 29, 2013
Na uncle jona joor............na him ..na him...na him.....na him.. grin ...na him...... . "Police woman where are you O". Kom enlighten your fellow brothers O"..............Na jonathan cause am grin
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by fellory: 10:11am On Jun 29, 2013
Police don job me oooooo.I don die.They actually fleeced me of N1ok these bloody bastards along idimu road.Na sickness dem go use dat money treat.I know I obtained mine from FRSC ofc in Nasarawa but the code behind was JG.Chai information good o.Thanks Op
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 29, 2013
Shhh!!!!!!! Don't you know the police is your friend? Lmfao!!
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by imeller: 10:12am On Jun 29, 2013
Thanks OP
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by Emyogalanya: 10:15am On Jun 29, 2013
Nawa that place no be nig na another law dey for north
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by ichommy(m): 10:18am On Jun 29, 2013
Emyogalanya: Nawa that place no be nig na another law dey for north
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by j4sure(m): 10:18am On Jun 29, 2013
Thanks for the Info.

But do anyone has d idea of where to get d New Driver license in Ogun State?tnks
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by konami001: 10:21am On Jun 29, 2013
Thanks OP... When my turn come, i go follow them go that station make them tell me the law wey catch me
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by AbuMikey(m): 10:26am On Jun 29, 2013
Ok,,,, now lemme read the post!!
NPF I hail thee!!!!
Their Tactics of collecting money nor dey ever finish!!! Kai! gringrin
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 29, 2013
Is that the new tactic? Na wo o. Dem so begin to ask for drivers license licence. Jobless fools
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by jpphilips(m): 10:37am On Jun 29, 2013
The problem is that there are so many illetrates in the federal service, they dont know how to sensitize the masses and themselves on new policies.
as i type, i am in the office of the rivers state commissioner of police with my attorney filling papers for my vehicle to be released.
the mad patrol i ran into yesternite impounded my vehicle because i engraved my old number on the windshield of the vehicle.
Now that i have changed to the new number, my vehicle is termed "stolen".

could you believe that the officer in charge at mini okoro police station when we got there does not know the difference between the old number plate and the new number. i was shocked.

i was bundled behind the counter before my lawyer showed up. from the look of things here, that vehicle is not comming home till monday.
something is wrong with this country and its leadership, and aftter now, nobody will be querried, life just goes on.

2 Likes

Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by chemvic: 10:38am On Jun 29, 2013
I am a victim of this wicked act....i was stopped by SARS here in ilorin only to be told dat my license issued in ogun state but has KN(kano) code behind it, is fake! They wasted my time and threatened to take me to their station. They also eventually collected 1,000 naira from me after taking me all around town. Thanks OP for this information, now i know my rights.....
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by andyanders: 10:41am On Jun 29, 2013
Lagos Police men are just another branch of trained robbers with official licence.

1 Like

Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by rman: 10:55am On Jun 29, 2013
Nice info.
A friend was harassed and made to part with 5k in Ilorin because of this code issue. He swore he got it at FRSC office.

I didn't really have this info so he had to cooperate. I checked mine and the code matched.
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by gbadexy(m): 11:09am On Jun 29, 2013
Are they even supposed to ask for vehicle documents?
I watched a t.v program where their PRO said they are only permitted to stop and search a cordoned area if a crime was just committed in the area and the car is searched and the license is matched against the description of the suspect.
That's strictly the duty of VIO.

1 Like

Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by halfcurrent(m): 11:16am On Jun 29, 2013
It looks like the Police is fully back on the road now, doing what they know best to do...extortion....shame to the IG, who initially came out with tough stance, just to make Nigerians believe he is no nonsense man, Now it appears he has quickly compromised and gone back to the old ways.
To be sincere, when I lost confidence in the IG was when he came out with this shit about tinted glass.... NPF can very annoying... shame! shame!! shame!! to NPF
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by Shebo: 11:39am On Jun 29, 2013
The problem is that we dont take time to exercise our rights. We are always in a hurry and ever eager to pay for a pass. Why cant anyone then with litle knowledge extort us?
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by Meristem: 11:54am On Jun 29, 2013
Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by realwale: 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
I am tired of talking about this licensed and official criminals called Police. They go about harassing innocent Lagosians over flimsy and cooked up charges just to get money. Yet their superiors are forming "ignorance". Ngozi "stupid" Braide will either tell you she is not aware or it is not true or worst still, she will tell you come and report to me with evidence. What evidence,maybe we start asking for receipts. The corruption is a top-down approach and only the govt and judiciary can help us out. I don't even know what the job of the average policeman is? Maybe to chase okadas,collect money from danfo,check for drivers license,ask people for non existing I'd cards or are they not supposed to be fighting real criminals. No wonder the criminals are having a full control of nigeria because d men in black are busy lining deir pockets with money. I sold my haulage truck because of police,lastma,frsc and trace(ogun state) extortions. A young man driving a car around in Lagos is automatically a yahoo boy to an average lagos police. Do they even have d right to check through my personal phone because I resisted an attempt by one inspector once in fagba,agege.

1 Like

Re: Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number by ProfessorPeter(m): 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
soulfood: The Nigerian Police Men in Lagos are at it again. They have started a new method of getting money off ignorant driver's who acquired their license in Lagos.

If your driver's license number starts with LA(Lagos) but the serial number at the back of the plastic tag starts with another states e.g CR(Cross Rivers), they are quick to say you have a fake license and threaten arrest.

My confirmation at F.R.S.C proves otherwise. F.R.S.C is a federal body with arms in various states so states that have large demand(Lagos)sometimes request for empty plastic tags from those that don't have such demand whenever they are short in supply. The request is usually made from states that do not have much demand and have excess empty tags. This is allowed within the law of the F.R.S.C. So what happens is that Mr A goes to get his license at F.R.S.C Ojodu, Lagos but his capture and data are put on a tag that was originally produced for Cross Rivers. Hence the license is Lagos issued based on data input at the F.R.S.C capture point but the empty plastic tag on which it is printed still carries the state that the tag was manufactured for.

The police have this information according to F.R.S.C, yet they prow on innocent citizens threatening them with arrest and delay just to get some money off them. I had to go to F.R.S.C office at Ojodu after falling victim to this ploy by men meant to uphold the law but twist it to suit their pocket at every chance.
Bros, i will not believe you that you are carrying a geniue driving license until FRSC comes out publicly to inform us about this development. But for now you are driving with a fake driving license

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: How To Drive A Manual Car 15 Steps / Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. / NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.