Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,532 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Reasons Why You Must Own Your House - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Reasons Why You Must Own Your House (23266 Views)

What Will You Do If This Was Your House?(photo) / Building Your House: The Alternative Technology Route / Give your House A Quality Pop Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by Policewoman(f): 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2013
I'm so inspired by this post. Maybe it's about time we began developing our plot of land. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2013
anulaxad: YOUR'E RETAREDED ,DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE.

WE OWN THINGS TILL WE DIE,YOU'RE ACTING LIKE THERE'S PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO LIVE FOREVER.

NONSENSE.
YES THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO LIVE FOREVER BUT I THINK THIS IS BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION SO I WOULD STOP HERE UNTIL YOU PROBE FURTHER wink
THOSE WHO LIVE FOREVER ARE NOT LOOKING TO BUILD HOUSES THAT RUST OR CANKER AND NEITHER DOES IT GET DAMAGED BY MOTH grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2013
masterpiecer:

Now thats a poor man way of thinking undecided

They b like;

If every1 drives a car, who will b d truck pusher...if every1 builds a house, who will b d tenant...if every1 get rich, who will b d gate man...blah blah blah.

Life is a matter of choices, if every1 choose to be rich and work towards it, truth is, we all will still b fine

unfortunately, you are wrong. it is what it is. even Jesus said the poor you have with you ALWAYS.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by farmer99: 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2013
chidiebere2020: May God help us build our own house
amin re po.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by DMainMan: 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2013
Lagusta: very nice.....

for those saying "our land is borrowed, etc" think of your children, where will they stay, their father's house or another father's property

I pray to be a home owner by age 30, Allah help me!!!

Amin
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by farmer99: 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2013
its only God dat build aose 4 sm1, may He build our own house 4 us

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by devour129: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2013
and please don't use someones house for biz eg.school,hotel,lounge etc.when they see your biz is progressing they will frustrate you till you move and they will use the same house for the same biz.they don't care about any upgrade you made to the house cry
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by nopecin(m): 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
Nice talk.... but not everyone will be a landlord....just think about that
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by burningspear(m): 1:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
Thank you op @ HomesOfLife for sharing. It's an an important call.

@Larger_20, thanks for sharing your own perspective. Good points raised.

But I agree with @ HomesOfLife. Every Nigerian child should be encouraged to own a house. It's not a luxury. It's a necessity and wise too. At old age, surely it'll be more appreciated!
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by chidiebere2020(m): 1:58pm On Jun 29, 2013
Hahaha, some landlord will not be happy with these b/cause some have b/come lazy that were feed by tenant,
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by MMJ(m): 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2013
And come to think of it, its not that costly to build one compared to number of years you have been paying rent.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by Ratiolak(m): 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
@Lord Babs: Nice one!
Keep it up!
Miss U.....
Ratio.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by kcjazz(m): 2:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
Just wanted to correct an impression here, a house is not a legacy. For all I know, you could have a coke head son who sells it for peanuts when you die.

Yes it is good for old age after retirement. Also here in Nigeria for a business loan. But it has its downsides, I could build a house Lagos and in my old age the Lagos noise gets too much and I choose Calabar Instead and choose to rent plus if you have a huge family your house becomes default relocation spot for many coming to your town adding to costs and maybe trouble

The summary is in all things housing choose to make it a home whether renting or owning.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by waleadex(m): 2:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
All the op narrated here were exactly what I had in mind some 4yrs ago @ approximately age 30.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by Babalegba(m): 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2013
The OP' s mentality is the reason why Nigeria is such a shithole and unfit for human habitation. While it is a good thing to own your own home, the fact is that a good citizen renting is better than a corrupt home owning citizen. The country dont have an efficient mortgage system due to trust issues so the average citizen resorts to thievery to build a house therefore killing the country slowly but surely.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by godman01(m): 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2013
You don't need to tell the reasons, anyone will like to have his/her own home.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by amiskurie(m): 2:37pm On Jun 29, 2013
this thread comes in as I just delivered rentage letters of upward reviews,and the tenants were like haaaaaa hooooo yeeeeee!!
.....its from 350k to 400k for a room and prlour self-contain.(: (: this is fckkkeeen ajah mehnnnn! grin
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by Gifted4all(m): 2:37pm On Jun 29, 2013
To build house na garri abi na beans.op give me good work and i go give u gud house
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by Emusan(m): 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2013
For a competent Buider who have had experienced in many aspect of building i.e electrical, buildability & maintenability, mechanical e.t.c for your building project contact:

Emusan on: 08126378223/ 08050810558 or

e-mail: emus4lifeisreal@hotmail.com
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by azpekuliar: 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
How times have changed. Since when did real estate replace quality education as the best legacy you could leave for your children? undecided

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by felipemadero(m): 3:06pm On Jun 29, 2013
people who don't see any sense in building houses,should carry on.as 4 me if i touch cool cas of .5m a bungalow is standing in my father's compound.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by azpekuliar: 3:10pm On Jun 29, 2013
amiskurie: this thread comes in as I just delivered rentage letters of upward reviews,and the tenants were like haaaaaa hooooo yeeeeee!!
.....its from 350k to 400k for a room and prlour self-contain.(: (: this is fckkkeeen ajah mehnnnn! grin

You're in the business too? grin
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by Akpan107(m): 3:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
cumpaddre: I'm already building mine.
May God see you through...
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by ojubi(m): 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
You need to see the attacks I received some years ago when I wrote a thread on NL advising people to build houses instead of involving in unnecessary expenditure.
I realised many people have made up their minds to remain tenants irrespective of their incomes.
So I am not surprised at the nagative comments here.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by beatricewebb: 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
Being a tenant is vulnerable and slavery most especially in face me I face u,many people have lost their lives,virtue,glory,joy by being a tenant.
"I prefer liberty with danger than peace with slavery. - Jean Jaqueas Rousseau"
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by dridowu: 4:06pm On Jun 29, 2013
Lovely article
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by deSika(m): 4:13pm On Jun 29, 2013
obadiah777: YOU DONT GET TO OWN THE HOUSE YOU PAID FOR. YOU ARE ONLY BORROWING IT WHEN YOU ARE ALIVE. WHEN YOU ARE DEAD IT BELONGS TO SOMEONE ELSE. YOU DONT REALLY OWN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD. YOU ARE JUST BORROWING IT ALL WHILE ON EARTH. PONDER ON THAT wink
good point prophet of ?, but even at your explanations, you can still take the op to mean shortterm borrowing and longterm borrowing.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by swizzle(m): 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
[quote]Maybe in Nigeria.....I actually favor renting Vs buying a home and here is why

1. You Stay Flexible

Do you have every aspect of your life planned out for the next several years? Whether or not you do, things can change quickly. Renting gives you flexibility. You can pack up all your things and move with short notice, and maybe an early termination fee. Compare that to the process of selling a house, which can take months.
2. You Have More Options

With the housing market at a low, people are reluctant to sell their houses and condos. So they turn to renting instead. As a result, the market for renting is bigger and has better options than the buying one. Rentalads.com is a rental property website with thousands of rental choices. It allows you to search your options and select your choice with the click of a mouse.
3. Owning Can Be More Expensive

Some people balk at renting because they don’t want to spend money on something they’ll never gain ownership of. But homeowners also spend a lot of money on fees and taxes that never apply to their principle or equity.
4. Renters Insurance Is Affordable

Renters insurance is significantly more affordable than homeowners insurance. Even with the lower cost, you can still get substantial protection and coverage.
5. Rental Rates Are Steady

Right now the housing market is low, but it won’t always be. It’s always changing. Remember the roller coaster? In contrast, rental rates stay the same. There is some variation, but it’s not as frequent or as drastic as variations in housing costs.
6. Someone Else Does Repairs

When something breaks in your home, you are the one who has to fix it or fork over the cash to replace it. A new refrigerator alone can cost thousands of dollars. Some rental contracts require the landlord to take care of most repairs and replacements.
7. The Issue of Taxes

Renters don’t have to pay property tax. Sure, you might be required to bear some of the expense in your monthly rent. But the landlord will have to deal with the brunt of the cost and most of the tax paperwork. Another reason why renting a house is better is that homeowner tax deductions are overstated. In fact, half of homeowners don’t get a tax break.
8. Vacation Homes

We all envy the people who can afford to own vacation homes. Well, now you can be one of them for a fraction of the cost. Vacation homes are available for rent all over the US. The expense is reduced, but the novelty and fun are not.
9. Renters Have Less Liability

Lightning strikes without warning. Washer pipes break and flood your basement. Renters who are without fault don’t have to carry the liability when the unexpected occurs.
10. No Mortgage!

Anyone who’s had a mortgage knows how draining and time consuming it can be. The stifling legal requirements and procedures. The piles of paperwork that look like gibberish. The long process of modifying or refinancing. Not to mention the risk of getting overcharged by your lender; which has become a common problem recently. You can easily avoid all of this by renting.

Source: http://www.10reasons.org/renting-a-house/
[quote]

Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by andyanders: 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
That is the simple truth spoken here by OP.

In fact, it was my landlord's attitude that motivated me to get my own property and also become a landlord, collecting rent from other properties I put up.
The landlord from nowhere came and increased my rent and as a result, I had no choice than to make a very good move of getting a land and putting a 5 bedroom in-suite with 6 toilets and a BQ.I later found out that it is even cheaper and better to build up your own house if you a willing than getting imprisoned as a result of that beautiful building you rented.
That my landlords attitude has made me to have about 4 properties now.
When you have a stubborn landlord, only then you can start thinking of getting yours.
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by Shittuakeem(m): 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2013
life is full of misery and some times beautiful. every reasonable man and women pray to own a house most especially in LAGOS. where landlords send there tenant packing any how. I PRAY MAY ALMIGHTY GOD GRANT ME THE STRENGTH TO HAVE ONE FOR MY FAMILY
Re: Reasons Why You Must Own Your House by albacete(m): 7:47pm On Jun 29, 2013
following

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House / How To Get A Government Approval To Own A "STREET" / "10 Years After Leaving Home, I Bought A House" - Ghanaian Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.