Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! (12343 Views)

How To Increase Your Internet Speed With TP Link Router / Your Mtn Browsing Experience / Have Unlimited Browsing Experience On The Zain Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! by konari(m): 4:45pm On May 14, 2008
Hello nairalanders please i need your help. I use multilinks dial up and the connection can be annoying slow (mildly put) however if i use a download manager the download speed is quite fast when compared to the browsing speed or download speed with regular download managers integrated into browsers eg Internet explorer,mozilla. Please i need something to boost my internet connection. Tahnks guys in advance.
Re: How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! by tobidaflava(m): 6:06pm On May 14, 2008
Imaging 0.9kbps
Re: How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! by dragnet: 7:13am On May 15, 2008
Google . Turbo Internet Accelerator
Re: How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! by hacker1848(m): 10:06pm On May 21, 2008
i tried downloading google accelerator and it ain't working/someone call 911, pls help me out here, my multilinks is damn too slow
Re: How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! by kidgenious(m): 11:47pm On May 21, 2008
try this:
If your network desn't give the speed you want then follow these great tips to improve network settings

The speed of your network connection doesn't just depend on the speed of your hardware. Windows is an operating system that is designed to work on a variety of different hardware and network setups. Because of the abstract nature of the operating system, it cannot be optimized for user-specific hardware setups.

Depending on the type of network connection you have, you might be able to tweak your connection so that the speed of your Internet, as well as your local area network, will be faster. By hacking the System Registry and editing the TCP/IP parameters, you can fine-tune the values to take advantage of more reliable, faster Internet connections, such as DSL and cable.

These next sections will guide you through the steps of increasing both the speed of your local area network and your Internet connection.

Does your computer slow down when you browse your local area network and connect to other computers that are sharing data? One of the most common causes of this slowdown is a feature of Windows Explorer that looks for scheduled tasks on remote computers. This effort can take some time on some computers and can really slow down your browsing. The window with which you are browsing the network may appear to freeze momentarily, as the system is waiting for a response from the remote computer.

Although this problem is a complex one, the solution is very simple. Instead of having to wait for the remote scheduled tasks, which is useless information to anyone who is not a system administrator remotely configuring scheduled tasks, you can disable this feature.

In order to do this, you will have to hack the System Registry and delete a reference to a key so that this feature will not be loaded. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open up the Registry Editor by clicking the Start Menu and selecting Run. Then type regedit in the text box and click the OK button.
2. Once the Registry Editor has loaded, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key.
3. Next, expand Software and then Microsoft.
4. Locate Windows and expand that as well.
5. You will want to be editing the main system files, so expand CurrentVersion.
6. Because this feature is a feature of the Windows component known as Explorer, expand the Explorer key.
7. Next, you will want to modify the remote computer settings, so expand the RemoteComputer key and then expand the NameSpace key to show all of the features that are enabled when you browse to a remote computer.
8. In the NameSpace folder you will find two entries. One is "{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}" which tells Explorer to show printers shared on the remote machine. The other, "{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}," tells Explorer to show remote scheduled tasks. This is the one that you should delete. This can be done by right-clicking the name of the key and selecting Delete.

Tip:
If you have no use for viewing remote shared printers and are really only interested in shared files, consider deleting the printers key, "{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}", as well. This will also boost your browsing speed.
Re: How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! by hayprof(m): 11:56pm On May 21, 2008
You can only get what you subscribed for . tongue
Re: How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! by dejiman1: 12:50am On May 22, 2008
on your perspective you have really tried. Have all nairalanders done that which he said?
Re: How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! by hayprof(m): 5:32am On May 22, 2008
dejiman1:

on your perspective you have really tried. Have all nairalanders done that which he said?

. . .which ?
Re: How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! by timbabng(m): 10:10pm On May 22, 2008
with multilinks dial up you cant get more than what you already have undecided. Max download at around 7kbps
Re: How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! by hacker1848(m): 6:13pm On May 24, 2008
hello, guys thanks for all the tips but its just that i don't know just how to expand the regedit stuff, it seems all complex and i discovered if i edited something wrongly it could affect my system, guy i no get money to pay engineer, oooooo smiley
Re: How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! by Vuitton(m): 5:08am On May 25, 2008
U give yourself brain.
Re: How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! by folahann(m): 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2008
I think Broadband is saying something to you

you r PC might be a S***y one too
Re: How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! by Koolwilly(m): 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2008
Most people when they begin to experience a slow computer and it begins to freeze up on them; they turn to the internet and begin looking for free downloads to speed up computer. They do not want to pay a penny to clean up their computer; while it is true that you can possibly find some free software online that will enable you clean your computer. Check them out on, http://softsupportonline..com/2008/07/free-downloads-to-speed-up-your.html.
Re: How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! by uthamaputi: 4:21pm On Nov 17, 2011
Instead of using the software,You can better use the Manual tips to Increase the Internet speed,

You can use the Following tips to increase the internet speed,
1)Install the latest browser like google Chrome and Firefox
2)You can download the latest virus software it will protect the PC from Internet malware,
3)You can always reset the Modem and then use
4)Use Torrent for Uploading and Downloading.
To check the speed of the internet ,You can please reach here Scanmyspeed.com it provides results in Mbps and MBps Measurement ,

2 Likes

Re: How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! by Saddam: 11:00am On Nov 20, 2011
Poor and Unstable Reception Can be a factor for your slow internet speed

Re: How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! by aodmm: 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2011
Traffic/Speed Optimization ,Internet Data Compression and Internet Bandwidth Usage Monitor & Report
=========================================================================
smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
I have two software solutions that can help you save internet data and hence MONEY!
These software programs are available as freeware on the internet.
So there's no need to pay cash into my account, yet!

[size=20pt]1[/size]
Traffic Compressor 2.0.423
(Traflabs LLC.)
http://www.TCompressor.com
=======================================================================================

Number one is TrafficCompressor 2.0.423, this freeware program is available for download
at http://www.TCompressor.com.
The only requirement for usage is a simple one-off registration by email. (you will
be prompted to register on first use- where you enter your e-mail and username; the page then send you log-in details to

enable Traffic Compressor 2.0.423).

SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
======================
Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7.
Internet connection.

USAGE
=======
TrafficCompressor compresses data received and sent over the Internet- including page text,codes,pictures on web pages,

e-mail text and attachments, Windows Messenger and chat messages and so on.
As a result your Internet traffic may be decreased by up to 40% - 60% and your Internet connection becomes faster.
TrafficCompressor can be especially valuable for the Internet users who pay for traffic helping you to save your money by

saving your Internet traffic.
TrafficCompressor is able to decrease internet data, programs, codes, scripts, as listed;
web pages, scripts (JavaScript/VBScript), CSS (cascading style sheets), and other text based files.
Compresses all e-mail messages received over POP3 or IMAP4 protocols with or without attachments. Compressed attachments

(like ZIP, MP3, EXE, JPEG, GIF files and so on) can be decreased by about 25% - 30%
Decreasing data usage on chat programs,instant messengers, AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, Jabber, Gadu-Gadu, Usenet(News) traffic and

IRC traffic (6667-6670 ports only).
Data usage is reduced on some online games (MMORPG's/MPOG's) like: World of Warcraft, Ragnarok Online, Lineage II and others

(standard ports only).

SETTING
========
The TrafficCompressor network protocols can be optimized to achieve better Internet access speed with some traffic volume

increase or better traffic reduction with some Internet access slowing down; we would recommend you to try all optimization

modes and choose the mode that better suits your needs for traffic reduction and Internet connection speed.

[size=20pt]2[/size]
Networx 5.1.9
(SoftPerfect Research)
http://www.softperfect.com
=======================================================================================

Number two is Networx 5.1.9, this freeware program is available for download at
http://www.softperfect.com.

SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
======================
Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7.
Internet connection.

USAGE
=======
NetWorx is a powerful tool that monitors and evaluate your bandwidth situation. You can use it to collect bandwidth usage

data and measure the speed of your Internet or any other network connection. NetWorx can help you identify possible sources

of network problems, ensure that you do not exceed the bandwidth limits specified by your ISP, or track down suspicious

network activity characteristic of Trojan horses and hacker attacks.

The program allows you to monitor all your network connections or a specific network connection (such as Ethernet or PPP)

only. The software also features a system of highly customizable visual and sound alerts. You can set it up to alert you when

the network connection is down or when some suspicious activity, such as unusually heavy data flow, occurs. It can also

automatically disconnect all dialup connections and shut down the system.

The incoming and outgoing traffic is represented on a line chart and logged to a file, so that you can always view statistics

about your daily, weekly and monthly bandwidth usage and dialup duration. The reports can be exported to a variety of

formats, such as HTML, MS Word and Excel, for further analysis.

ADVANTAGES
================
#  Find out and monitor how fast your Internet connection is.
# Find out and monitor how much Internet traffic you consume.
# Verify whether your ISP charges your Internet usage fairly.
# Detect a suspicious network activity on your computer.
# Perform simple network tests such as ping and trace route.
# Be notified about excessive Internet usage

(1) (Reply)

Indian Web Proxy Free Server / How Can I See My Girlfriend Whatsapp Chat Messages / #¥€£$ Build Your Website And Peer-to-peer Community Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.