Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,219 members, 7,860,388 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

Islamic Education Reform - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Education Reform (915 Views)

The Reform Needed And Me / Is It Possible To Reform The Saudi State? / You Can't Reform Islam Without Reforming Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Education Reform by tbaba1234: 1:44am On Jun 30, 2013
This is one of the things that really bothers me, I hope to invest in an institution just for the purpose of producing muslim kids who actually understand the Quran, in sha Allah.

Quranic education should be basic education for every muslim kid and I am not talking of recitation. We perform walimats for those who read the Quran once but has no clue of what it says.

I was going to write down my ideas for a future institution but I would like to get suggestions of what needs to be done to really get improve the sorry state of Islamic knowledge in Nigeria (it is a global problem).

We really need to taste this book.
Re: Islamic Education Reform by tbaba1234: 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2013
Waiting for responses
Re: Islamic Education Reform by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 02, 2013
Asalam alaykum. I feel muslim children should be exposed to communicating in the arabic language from a very tender age. Between the age of 1 to 4,the institution should cater for their knowledge in arabic speaking and reading of the Qur'an. By the time they are five or six,they start combining this knowlegde with westerneducation in the same institution. Prior knowledge of the arabic language makes it easier to learn and understand the Qur'an and other arabic texts. Modification or improvement on this idea is welcome.
Re: Islamic Education Reform by ummsulaym(f): 5:34am On Oct 23, 2013
To achieve that I would like to borrow this ideology from Dr. Zakir Naik's rules and regulation for I.R.F... To actually get this kids ready to go deeper into Qur'an, you need a great deal of support from their parents... You have to make it known to parents that for their children to be successful in the institution, they have to be ready too... They have to be role models for their kids and they have to assist those kids in practicing what they have learnt in school by embracing the dos and keeping away from the donts...
Examples;
1. Music and un-educating movies should not only be discouraged by the parent but avoided in the homes
2. Create the habit of asking your ward to 'teach you' what he/she learnt in school. Make them believe u really want to learn what they were tought
3. Once a week or month, invite close family and/or friends to your house for your ward to read and interpret some verse he learnt before and etc...
From Zakir's I.R.F, there is so much that will help in this case... And ofcoure proper orientation of the teachers and conducive environment will help a long way...
Nice idea, don't let it die...
May Allah assist you
Re: Islamic Education Reform by golpen(m): 6:47am On Oct 23, 2013
For me, I think a boarding set up is the most appropriate.

- There, an intensive insight can be given to the kids from the tender age and a good result can be gotten from that.

- many parents are too occupied to take note of what their children do, watch or listen to. All they do at the longest mile is ask them to and not to. A school that will have nothing to except take care of this area is of advantage.

- there can be an easy combination of qur'anic/islamic education with the western, according to the school schedule and the pupils/students will perform very excellently in both.

- staying away from home sometimes ingest in a kid at early stage, a feel of responsibility, which aids their maturity and seriousness.

But then, a lot of scheduling and awareness programme must be put in place o. Schools like that are easily tagged baad names.

Wa salaamu-alaaykum.
Re: Islamic Education Reform by Sissie(f): 11:13am On Oct 23, 2013
You can have an institution that runs fully for adults and kids. There should be evening and weekend classes, whereby you teach the Qur'an, explain it's meanings, the tafsir, and its memorization e.t.c

Having good Islamic standard n western education standard in a school isn't easy, their's no enough time in the school hour except it's a boarding school.

(1) (Reply)

'Surrogate Motherhood' Which Of The Two Views Do You Support? / Sunnah Dressing In Male Is Beautiful / I Found On Mountains Shadow Close To Madinah City Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.