Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? (21373 Views)

Iyabo Obasanjo Walking With Daugther Of Fmr American President,jimmy Carter.pics / Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju / Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by gonzaga: 3:16am On Jun 30, 2013
Those who seek to make the world believe that they are the only ones that possess democratic credentials should remember to always live by example.

Only recently, the iyaloja of Lagos, who is also the mother of the ACN leader; Bola Tinubu died and his daughter was immediately installed as the next iyaloja.

From my little understanding, I know that an iyaloja is most times a career trader who in most cases is illiterate, but commands respect and authority within the circles of traders and market women generally. The question that arises here is; does this Tinubu's daughter fit into this description? Is the succession of an iyaloja a family heritage?

If indeed she is a trader, which market and in what commodity does she trade? Does the iyaloja normally have a deputy? If yes, who was the deputy to the late iyaloja and why was she disqualified from taking over?

Was Tinubu's daughter a member of the last executive to warrant her elevation despite her age, to that position? These questions and more need to be answered so that when people irresponsibly brandish the title of democrats, we can with evidence, proof the contrary.

I can only imagine the venom Mr LIAR MOHAMMED would have been spitting out if a PDP leader was the one guilty of this. We are watching these clowns that call themselves a credible alternative.

I never knew Lagosians with their self acclaimed smartness and exposure, could be so docile and intimidated in the face of blatant abuse of power.

60 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Nobody: 5:35am On Jun 30, 2013
Its a sheer show of ignorance and overt vulgarity on the psychological integrity of Lagosians as Tinubu dynasty held all to hostage. A progressive indeed at the expense of the collective well and aspirations of the people. Even the the so-called Oba of Lagos have become a puppet struggling to survive for relevance.

25 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Kcxee(m): 6:18am On Jun 30, 2013
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Maxymilliano(m): 6:29am On Jun 30, 2013
Tinubu's daughter ascension to the position of the Iyaloja is just another chapter taken from the best seller: 'Keeping It in the Family,' by Jagaban B. Asiwaju.

13 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by overdrive(m): 7:07am On Jun 30, 2013
What else are d requirements if not having tinubu as ur last name and asiwaju as ur oldman?

1 Like

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Goddex: 7:45am On Jun 30, 2013
Even the trick here is to make Iyaloja a family thing so that when this her daughter dies, Lagosians will still be expected to look among the Tinubu family for replacement. The greedy con-man is playing on our sensibilities.

8 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by licensed2k(m): 7:52am On Jun 30, 2013
What da heck nah,
She is Tinubu's daughter for pete's sake,
What beta qualifications does she need.
Incase u neva know,
This is still Nigeria.
Enof said.

1 Like

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Chuddychukwu: 11:20am On Jun 30, 2013
if i hear? she go chop money finish!
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by iwanchop(m): 11:24am On Jun 30, 2013
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by SHAAWA: 11:25am On Jun 30, 2013
Who
was the first Iyaloja of Lagos? how was she installed? was she installed
by the traders themselves or by the Oba? if d installation was done by the oba it
means it's going to run in the family.

1 Like

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by wordcat(m): 11:26am On Jun 30, 2013
Hehehehehe
Do not be deceived for there's no DEMOCRAT in Nigeria, not even one!

2 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by BAMMGROUP: 11:27am On Jun 30, 2013
This is total oppression, abuse and misuse of power angry

2 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Techwriter: 11:29am On Jun 30, 2013
Tinubu frolics with Northern Islamic fanatics-those who believe they are born to rule and can do anything(including making Nigeria ungovernable for the elected president) to retain power

2 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Codedrock(m): 11:30am On Jun 30, 2013
THEIR PROBLEM.. NOT MINE!

1 Like

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by obainojazz(m): 11:38am On Jun 30, 2013
i actually think she is qualified to be the daugter of one of the greatest crook ever created

2 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by DAMIGHT(m): 11:43am On Jun 30, 2013
wait till tinubu finish lagos state and entire lagosian in the name of progressive (personal and family's progressive interest)...she is not qualify

3 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:43am On Jun 30, 2013
We should not add PDP & ACN issue into this.
The title of 'Iyaloja' that Tinubu's mother held, I learnt it was the 'Iyaloja of Nigeria'. The one which Tinubu's daughter has, is it the 'Iyaloja of Lagos or the Iyaloja of Nigeria'?
Moreso, the history to the title of the Iyaloja that Tinubu's mother held before her death need to be told. Is it an hereditary title or not.
All these questions needs a correct answer.
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by deols(f): 11:47am On Jun 30, 2013
The owners of Nigeria Lagos, taking their rightful positions.

*do not disturb*

2 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:48am On Jun 30, 2013
They've done it already! Keep ranting on an on from today till vision 2060 Tinubu and his cohorts in Lagsidi will always find an escuse to install a "Tinubu" into the "Iyaloja" position anyday anytime! It's not a constitutional office for Christ's sake!
My only fear is that, IF NIGERIANS DECIDED TODAY that THEY WANTED A FRESH SCENT IN THE PRESIDENCY AND VOTE THIS GOONS INTO POWER, then THEY SHOULDN'T COMPLAIN IF THIS SHAKESPEAREAN ACT SHOULD REPEAT ITSELF! Shikenan!

1 Like

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by highlandre(m): 11:48am On Jun 30, 2013
Tinubu cannnot afford to cede the post of Iyaloja to anybody because it's key during electioneering period. The Iyaloja coordinates and influences the olojas (market men and women) to cast votes (usually in bloc) to a particular party or candidate.

Isn't it funny that morally, it is wrong for Tinubu to impose his daughter as the new Iyaloja, but politically, it's a good decision, as her being Iyaloja would ensure Tinubu's influence on the olojas, in particular, at such times of election

3 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Naijalastborn(m): 11:50am On Jun 30, 2013
Well what i can say about that she is qualified to be the Iyaloja of Lagos, in the sense that, the Late IYALOJA has prepared her for this, During her life time this Young Lady has being the Backbone of the Ex Iyaloja of Lagos.. But what i can say otherwise about the Young lady is that, She is far too Young for the title, to what i have Read and Heard, People holding this title are Older People, But why would an Educated Young Lady as TINUBU'S DAUGHTER hold that kind of Title, Dont you guys see it as a new dimension in Lagos Market Affairs

1 Like

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by StevenJay01(m): 11:53am On Jun 30, 2013
Lagos people re d 'most biggest' fools of all tym.dey claim to b enlightened and such a tin dat will be frowned @ in 'primitive' oyo state is being celebrated and ovalooked in eko-ile itsef.Wat dis tells us is dat sensibility does not reside in any locatn.

13 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by adwem2003(m): 11:59am On Jun 30, 2013
Why do you want to kill yoursef  this issue? The woman has been representing mamam b4 she died and knows how to tackle tinz even wen mamma was stricken by old age. She has bn acting  her behalf. Also, the association decieded that they needed some1 who is educated so as to erase the stigna and impression †̥ђά̲̣̣†̥ all market women are illiterate. As for ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ , tinubu daughter is qualified. Don't put evrytin into politics.

4 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by duality(m): 12:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
Its all a strategy to amass political capital needed for election. I beg this one no concern me.
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by success9(m): 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2013
Tinubu's daughter installation is not yet a problem as fas as I'm concerned... It will only become one when the market men and women start crying foul.

You nairalanders are not qualified yet to cry foul. If the man wey wear shoe say e no pinch am, no be u wey dey look d shoe for im leg go dey argue sey e dey pinch am.

Shikenah.

6 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Ajibel(m): 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2013
iHave nuffin to contribute here buh iWant to clarify sth. iHeard that the late ex-iyaloja isnt Tinubu's biological mum buh people refer to her as d Asiwaju's mum

1 Like

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by fkaz(m): 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2013
@op stop this hate or go to court

From my little understanding, I know that an iyaloja is most times a career trader who in most cases is illiterate, but commands respect and authority within the circles of traders and market women generally.

@bolded is funny, so market leader most be an illiterate. My friend the world is moving fast join them.
BTW their is no need for this question if you can't provide a stipulated constitution on how to elect their market leader or how the market is run.
And if may ask what makes asiwaju mother become the iyaloja in the first place? And if she decide to give her granddaughter all that made her to become the iyaloja i.e her market shops and any other thing. Why won't she be entitled to the throne?

2 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by marialucia(f): 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2013
See jamb question
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by obowunmi(m): 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
Waiting for the day Tinubu dies. The Southwest will be free from oppression.

3 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: We should not add PDP & ACN issue into this.
The title of 'Iyaloja' that Tinubu's mother held, I learnt it was the 'Iyaloja of Nigeria'. The one which Tinubu's daughter has, is it the 'Iyaloja of Lagos or the Iyaloja of Nigeria'?
Moreso, the history to the title of the Iyaloja that Tinubu's mother held before her death need to be told. Is it an hereditary title or not.
no last bullet?cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Forzap: 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: We should not add PDP & ACN issue into this.

guy no nid 4 dis questions tinunonsense is just like gaddafi(greedy) wich is quite sad,hw can d head of market women be hereditary?SMH,no credible opposition in Nigeria
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by rozayx5(m): 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
when i tell people that Lagos is a Business Center with Tinubu as Chairman and Fashola as CEO they say i dont know what am saying, its their State they can continue living as political slaves undecided

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie Blasts Patience Jonathan And Diezani Over 'Weird Demands' / Osun 2018: Politicians Device New Means Of Vote Buying, Woo Voters On Whatsapp / Obasanjo: Even As Christian, I Refused To Finance CAN Building With Govt Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.