Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others (24780 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / PWC Audit:Kola Aluko And Jide Omokore Given $7bn Assets By Diezanni Madueke / FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by olivertwist: 10:35am On Jul 01, 2013
phreakabit: Yeah! I bet there's some hidden catch to this. . . If ther is it's definitely gonna have something to do with his pro-f@g movement. Faggo presido angry

My brother, I salute you for your wisdom. I read through most comments and can only cry cry cry for my country. It's funny and hard to take that, in this time and age, a country like US can still be deceiving us with some promise of carrots and mangoes and my people will be jumping from trees to trees like monkeys. When are we going to stop this BULLSH*T undecided Can't you open your eyes and see what this rubbish is all about. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by Penboy: 10:45am On Jul 01, 2013
Richfella: "When you're about to take, you should give" --- Han Fei-tzu, Chinese philosopher.

America wey owu dey catch wella wan give $7B just like that?

The question is what do they want.
hmm. Just for homosexuality to be legalized. #smh
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by Oshodia: 10:57am On Jul 01, 2013
My Nigeria people which way forward ? A country without electricity go no where. Please et unite and fight for our leaders to fix out electricity . This our leaders of care for their children he citizen of nation . They don't have hope for the youths unborn Nigerian not only that our generation is going. I said I before let's leave this ibo, Hausa and Yoruba thins and go ahead bcs ths who called our leaders capitalizes on his looting our money keeping I for the children an used ethnic cover thyself and new name is national cake very bad. If Hausa man loot money if Igbo say about do probe then it will become an ethnic tribe all so Yoruba or Igbo. If check very well his united will be a weapon for our politician to loot us then et look another solution. Ibb abacha, okotiebo, abusalahim, OBJ during military regime and present and all the horn vendors in federation. Be aware the keep all the looting money for there children not for you or me and we re here talking about Yoruba dislike Igbo , Igbo dislike Hansard and Hausa dislike Yoruba. Youth wake of Nigeria if we discover no progress in uniting the nation then lets go table talk and divide this country in peace as our military has fail us and politicians. Yes am Igbo may be some people will say leave him is an Igbo guy that is how the talk.NO my Niger youth his is out of hand our generation Ii going. We lean from our colony master Britain, when British discover they can not make it together as one nation hey went to table talk and decided that called Ireland,Iceland,Scotland,England an others. This not mater of oil, when there was no oil we do well with cocoa, palm oil and nut . Thanks u my follow Nigeria God bests our citizen
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by udatso: 11:07am On Jul 01, 2013
toyfat: Obama no be so nao..the problem isn't lack of fund...a failed presidential cabinete would never permit the incumbents achieve what they failed to achieve...u pple (US) should come down to get it done..I'm sure most nigerians would appreciate that
For one, I won't Appreciate it and am sure many people share my idea...we shouldn't be talking about whether the issue is fund or lack of fund....the issue is why is USA doing this...I pray they never achieve this aim cause we have seen that america always have a hidden agenda that would benefit them more than it would benefit us....believe me, the price Nigeria would pay won't be worth it....America!!!leave us alone...

2 Likes

Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by Oshodia: 11:16am On Jul 01, 2013
My Nigeria people which way forward ? A country without electricity go no where. Please let unite and fight our leaders to fix out electricity . This our politicians care for their children not the citizen of the nation . They don't have hope for the youths and unborn Nigerian, not only that our generation is going. I said It before let's leave this igbo, Hausa and Yoruba things and go ahead bcs who called our politicians capitalizes on his looting our money keeping It for their children and using ethnic issue cover thyself and new name is national cake very bad. If Hausa man loot money and Igbo mentioned about it for probe then it will become an ethnic tribe all so Yoruba or Igbo. If we check very well united is weapon for our politician to loot our money let look another solution. Ibb abacha, okotiebo, abusalahim, OBJ during military regime and present and all the state governor in federation. Bear in mind the keep all the looting money for there own children not for you and me and we re here talking about Yoruba dislike Igbo , Igbo dislike Hansard and Hausa dislike Yoruba. Youth wake of Nigeria if we discover no progress in uniting the nation then lets go table talk and divide this country in peace as our military has fail us and politicians. Yes am Igbo may be some people will say leave him is an Igbo guy that is how the talk.NO my Niger youth this is out of hand our generation Is going. We should lean from our colony master Britain, when British discover they can not make it together as one nation hey went to table talk and decided.that call today Ireland,Iceland,Scotland,England an others. This not mater of oil, when there was no oil we do well with cocoa, palm oil and nut . Thanks u my follow Nigeria God bests our citizen
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by gebest: 11:24am On Jul 01, 2013
good news
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 01, 2013
udatso:
For one, I won't Appreciate it and am sure many people share my idea...we shouldn't be talking about whether the issue is fund or lack of fund....the issue is why is USA doing this...I pray they never achieve this aim cause we have seen that america always have a hidden agenda that would benefit them more than it would benefit us....believe me, the price Nigeria would pay won't be worth it....America!!!leave us alone...
cheesy grin lipsrsealed . I can deduce from this your comment to be a primitive man idea, the type who refuses to progress. Sorry, it is clear your country cannot find solution to the blackout all these years.
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by citizenisb: 11:39am On Jul 01, 2013
There isn't good news coming out of China as the Communist part is deliberately slowing down growth hence the liquidity squeeze and the flash HSBC PMI coming at below 50.

In view of the Fed's imminent tapering of QE by 2014, most hedge funds are heading towards the exit door in emerging and frontier markets since rates should start to climb in their own economies. SLS informed us that we have at least 5 Billion Dollars in "HOT MONEY" from these guys.

The key to this period is: LIQUIDITY. BUY DOLLARS LIKE CRAZY!!! The only logical way is for SLS to devalue the Naira or else we will be in for a greater shock down the road.
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by loswhite(m): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2013
REALITY101: We have an idiootic president and his name is Obama
dumb
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by palugycolina(m): 12:46pm On Jul 01, 2013
trolling: cuz they are ruled by people in darkness

I have been longing for someone to use dis lines....
Tha is simply d issues with nigeris as a whole..they have been ruled by people in darkness....
U cnt give what u dnt ve..
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by udatso: 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2013
all4naija: cheesy grin lipsrsealed . I can deduce from this your comment to be a primitive man idea, the type who refuses to progress. Sorry, it is clear your country cannot find solution to the blackout all these years.
Call me whatever names you like, I would rather remain in darkness than have SAINT USA to come help me out..the modern world you speak of is just slavery
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
BabaAlabi: As at 2013,if a country like Nigeria with vast resources cannot provide uninterrupted power,it means there is a problem. The leaders are bad,Yes, but what about the followers? Who are those asking the important questions like
How much power do we have currently?How much do we need? How much is it going to cost to generate what we need? How can we prevent the funds from developing wings?
When we find answers to these questions that's when there will be progress...not side tracking by talking about NGF,APC or EFCC but by saying no more to darkness and holding the government responsible.

I hear you well.
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by Rex123(m): 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2013
trolling: broke country wey wan pledge lol

I can't still believe that people believe that shit that America s broke. That is a stupid propaganda, a country that can give out 7billion dollars isn't broke.
That country re playing their card well, concerning Obama speech that he isn't worried about China investment in Africa is all lies, they re trying to out buy China in Africa.
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by stanhezo: 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2013
lol....
u gat point mann
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by chinedum13(m): 1:32pm On Jul 01, 2013
[quote
author=ballabriggs]Obama will do well to start by asking OBJ and Jona
how much they have spent over the last 10 years and how much electricity
we have today. $17 billion by OBJ alone.

Perhaps one needs to tell him the problem is not all about availability
of funds.

On hearing the news, NEPA MD must have brought out his calculator to see
how much of the $7 billion will probably get into his pocket.

0.05% of $7 billion = $350,000 *faints*[/quote]
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2013
udatso:
Call me whatever names you like, I would rather remain in darkness than have SAINT USA to come help me out..the modern world you speak of is just slavery
You can get a paraffin lantern and go to your village if you so much wished to be in darkness. Nobody is preventing you from living your barbaric life in your village but don't bring it to haunt others who are willing to move forward as in progress.
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by bakynes(m): 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2013
I heard some folks here saying Countries like Egypt,Brazil and turkey are out on the street fighting for Good leadership.Yes, bt do not forget these countries use Riot police,Tear gas and police stick to kick against protesters, unlike our govt,where in an ordinary protest, these Evil leaders we have here send out soldiers to fire @ its own pple.Me personally think Nigerians have fear for their lives than the needed change we need.Thank you

1 Like

Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 01, 2013
Noted,am still cooking my banga soup sha.
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by ejiro2130(m): 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2013
mekaboy: THE SAME US GOVT THAT CALLS NIGERIAN GOVT CORRUPT WILL STILL GIVE OUT MONEY WHEN THEY KNOW IT WILL BE SHARED.

Mumu who said d abt to share money?
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by Akiika: 5:21pm On Jul 01, 2013
Abeg read and understand post first before commenting. Our biggest problem is illiteracy! that's why some of you readily assumed US Gov't will write you a check for the "21st century invention in Nigeria (ELECTRICITY)",....na yam?
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by udatso: 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
all4naija: You can get a paraffin lantern and go to your village if you so much wished to be in darkness. Nobody is preventing you from living your barbaric life in your village but don't bring it to haunt others who are willing to move forward as in progress.
Hahahahahah...I just can't stop lafin......no body wants to live in darkness sir..all am saying is that it should be through the ryt means.....let me ask you this....what do they have to gain by investing so much on us..if u are actually business oriented individual, you would knw that its nt all relationship that are mutualistic sir..seriously, there is a catch in this and we will be at the receiving end
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2013
mekaboy:

We don't need US giving us money for power, they should help us recover the money looted in the power sector. Let them help us get obasanjo to account for the billions of dollars spent on power with no result.

But some Nigerians dont want help from the U.S...they want China and Russia to help instead....how can Nigeria move forward like that?
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2013
dangiwa09:

It's NOT Obama's responsibility to ask OBJ and Jonathan, it's the responsibility of you Nigerians to question your leaders and take responsibility for your lives.

Besides, if you read the article very well and understood it, then you should know that the US will NOT be writing a check to the Nigerian government for power project. This was in the speech "The program includes $1.5 billion from the U.S. Overseas Private Investment Corporation and $5 billion from the Export-Import Bank, the White House said". Go figure out what that means.
dats d problem wit we Nigerian, instead of providing solutions to problems we go on and on like a ring analising d problems.

U dat already understood d statement, y not give us d meaning in time so dat evrbody can benefit frm it. Instead u quoted d same statement, bringing us back 2 d beginning.

Ur all dsame
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by Pattey(m): 6:56pm On Jul 01, 2013
Barack HUSSEIN Obama can like to sharrap and leave us alone in peace. . . My people, be ye not deceived! Beware of Trojan gifts . . .
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by lingal(f): 12:04am On Jul 02, 2013
[quote author=Mr knowitall.]
[b]
guy go pack one place wit dat ur racist body...if u no like how we like china products gently go hang urself cos we dnt care abt ur type!....
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by trolling(m): 1:29am On Jul 02, 2013
Rex123:

I can't still believe that people believe that shit that America s broke. That is a stupid propaganda, a country that can give out 7billion dollars isn't broke.
That country re playing their card well, concerning Obama speech that he isn't worried about China investment in Africa is all lies, they re trying to out buy China in Africa.
u just dont know, dont think i wanna educate you on this but this time next year,the dollar would have been phased out
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by Nobody: 2:44am On Jul 02, 2013
Pattey: Barack HUSSEIN Obama can like to sharrap and leave us alone in peace. . . My people, be ye not deceived! Beware of Trojan gifts . . .

The U.S's trojan gift is better than the gift that GEJ is giving you guys in your behind right now....trust me
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by CROWE: 3:00am On Jul 02, 2013
As a matter of human talent, population size and natural resources, Nigeria has the potential to be easily one of the five most anything in this world you can think of, that's a lot of potential and what it means is that if Nigeria turns herself around and fixes her problems, any nation would want Nigeria on their side and that is what Obama is buying. For all you fools and idiots out there.

You people keep talking about Americans poison money or whatever, who do you think rebuilt Western Europe after WW2? The Europeans certainly didn't, they were all broke, their women were raped and they were half dead. Today the Europeans aren't slaves to the Americans now are they? The English are relatively subject to the Americans though but Europe is run by Europeans, namely Germany and France. All America does is put money were they see potential so that when you blossom you will be friendly towards them so shut up, accept the money, fix your nation for yourself and your children and appreciate Obama's god damned charity.
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by musiwa28: 5:30am On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by mrofficial(m): 8:16am On Jul 02, 2013
ballabriggs: Obama will do well to start by asking OBJ and Jona how much they have spent over the last 10 years and how much electricity we have today. $17 billion by OBJ alone.

Perhaps one needs to tell him the problem is not all about availability of funds.

On hearing the news, NEPA MD must have brought out his calculator to see how much of the $7 billion will probably get into his pocket.

0.05% of $7 billion = $350,000 *faints*

cheesy
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by Olaone1: 9:25am On Jul 02, 2013
CROWÉ: As a matter of human talent, population size and natural resources, Nigeria has the potential to be easily one of the five most anything in this world you can think of, that's a lot of potential and what it means is that if Nigeria turns herself around and fixes her problems, any nation would want Nigeria on their side and that is what Obama is buying. For all you fools and idiots out there.

You people keep talking about Americans poison money or whatever, who do you think rebuilt Western Europe after WW2? The Europeans certainly didn't, they were all broke, their women were raped and they were half dead. Today the Europeans aren't slaves to the Americans now are they? The English are relatively subject to the Americans though but Europe is run by Europeans, namely Germany and France. All America does is put money were they see potential so that when you blossom you will be friendly towards them so shut up, accept the money, fix your nation for yourself and your children and appreciate Obama's god damned charity.
Are you sure? Europe was successfully rebuilt because America wanted it that way.

And, for your information, America runs Europe.
Re: Obama Pledges $7bn For Electricity In Nigeria, Others by CROWE: 10:01am On Jul 02, 2013
Ola one:
Are you sure? Europe was successfully rebuilt because America wanted it that way.

And, for your information, America runs Europe.

wtf kind of reasoning is that, America rebuilt Europe because they wanted friends in the war against communism. lemme ask you, wtf do you mean by they wanted it that way, why did they want it that way?

Please provide evidence to make your case that America runs Europe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jubilation In Osun As Aregbesola Is Declared Winner Today (Photos) / Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Has Loopholes – Al-mustapha / Amina Mohammed To Resign On March 2nd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.