Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice (12039 Views)

Oil Marketers, Nupeng, Pengassan Call Off Strike / PENGASSAN, NUPENG Begin Strike / PENGASSAN To Embark On A Three-day Warning Strike Over Non-passage Of PIB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by homesteady(m): 3:21am On Jul 01, 2013
The National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) said it will begin a three-day warning strike on Monday.

This is contained in a statement signed by NUPENG's General-Secretary, Isaac Aberare, on Sunday in Lagos.

The statement said that the workers were going on strike over alleged unfair labour practices by some major oil companies in the country.

"The strike is also to protest the refusal of NARTO to implement the signed collective bargaining agreement with the petroleum tanker drivers.

"We are also unhappy over the bad state of roads across the nation," the statement said.

The statement said that all efforts by the Federal Ministry of Labour to intervene in the issue three weeks ago had failed.

It said that the oil multinationals had failed to implement the agreement reached in a truce brokered by the Minister of Labour, Chief Emeka Wogu.

The statement alleged that the union's call for a stakeholders meeting in the oil and gas sector to address the situation had also been ignored.

It directed all members of NUPENG at the various depots to stop loading petroleum products for the next three days.
Members in all the branches in the country must also follow suit,’’ the statement said.

It said that if after the three-day strike, nothing was done to address the situation; NUPENG would be forced to embark on an indefinite nationwide strike.

Source - www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/nupeng-issues-three-day-warning-strike-notice
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by dulphines: 9:37am On Jul 01, 2013
Singing #Holiday is coming, holiday is coming....#

2 Likes

Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 9:39am On Jul 01, 2013
Haha oga o.....so datz a threat or wot.....?I beg hold una sef o*stopin a cab....*
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by SwTonia(f): 9:41am On Jul 01, 2013
Striking tinx
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 01, 2013
dulphines:

What is this one a talks about!

You need brighter grammar 101... Did your English Teacher die early dear?

2 Likes

Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by Gegz(m): 9:53am On Jul 01, 2013
Nigerians be ready for mass hike in bus fares for d next 3days. *sobbing*
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by Frankbaro(m): 9:53am On Jul 01, 2013
So what do they want us to do now? Wish they are serious and won't compromise as usual.

1 Like

Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by SlyIg(f): 9:56am On Jul 01, 2013
Gegz: Nigerians be ready for mass hike in bus fares for d next 3days. *sobbing*
my own strike started last week sha so i'm not scared.
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by Hade4larin: 9:58am On Jul 01, 2013
Wth is going on in this country?
Asup on strike
ASUU on strike
Now its Nupeng issuing 3days warning strike....
E go beta
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by Candybob(m): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2013
Another strike that will affect only the people on the street.. Nupeng just want to show that they still have what it takes to shake up the industry, let them reveal the content of the agreement they are striking over to us all!

3 Likes

Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by hollandis(f): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2013
was it not this same nupeng thAt forked up the last strike? iam surprised that no comment has beem said about the betrayal of nupeng.are nigerians that dull or forget ful?
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by Candybob(m): 10:03am On Jul 01, 2013
Hade4larin: Wth is going on in this country?
Asup on strike
ASUU on strike
E go beta

for where na everyboby hold your side level we dey now.. Men dey fight for their pocket, u see say they add bad state of road as an afterthought?

2 Likes

Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by Kirinwa: 10:04am On Jul 01, 2013
Most filling stations are manipulating their pumps.Imagine I bought 400 naira fuel @the rate of 97 naira/litre yet it couldn't fill a 4-litre container.Would have taken atleast extra 70 naira to fill it.
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by 3ace(m): 10:06am On Jul 01, 2013
Chie! Not again! Make I quick go buy kerosene before dem begin hoard am.
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by Josh316(m): 10:17am On Jul 01, 2013
Trust the Petrol stations to act before the strike even takes place. Queues have 'suddenly' surfaced in Abuja. These NUPENGites are terrorists and should be taken out by JTF! How can any idiot declare strike simply because they know they can cause chaos and suffering? Isn't that another form of terrorism

Poundy Brains like them! If the roads are bad, they should use trains! Afterall, their tankers don't go faster than our so-called trains. but disturbing our peace in order to cause chaos is simply evil angry

2 Likes

Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by tatosh: 10:19am On Jul 01, 2013
[/b]"We are also unhappy over the bad state of roads across the nation," the statement said.[b]

The above says it all. Then some people will still come and say GEJ is fixing roads, posting some silly pictures.
No to cluelessness in 2015
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by femi4: 10:20am On Jul 01, 2013
Make I go fill my tank and park well
***Trekking to work mode activated***
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by ayee123: 10:22am On Jul 01, 2013
OK NOW.
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by citizenisb: 10:25am On Jul 01, 2013
Hedge funds are pulling money from emerging markets. Buy DOLLARS to save your cash from an upcoming Naira devaluation
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by dulphines: 10:30am On Jul 01, 2013
exxell:

You need brighter grammar 101... Did your English Teacher die early dear?

I dont't blame you. You simply modified my post with this rubbish to make it look like i wrote it. It is criminal and i will make sure you are punished for it. Most of you think it is not possible for nairaland to run a trace on malicious comments, i'll surprise you. Why does it bother you that i commented before you. Oh, you wanted to write the usual rubbish "First to comment"
Carefully go through my over 500 comments on Nairaland and you'll note that i write well.
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by scaler345: 10:30am On Jul 01, 2013
They are only reminding us that they are still existing.
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by Bgino(m): 10:34am On Jul 01, 2013
that means more money tru fuel racketeering...are these excuses enough to warrant strike....they will always have something to strike for..and the common man will always have a way out of it all...let them proceed
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by donPhill(m): 10:45am On Jul 01, 2013
dulphines: Singing #Holiday is coming, holiday is coming....#

1 Like

Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by lacasa: 10:45am On Jul 01, 2013
Strike till 2014!

i'm with you.
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by idriis: 10:46am On Jul 01, 2013
Money haffi make.
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by crackhaus: 11:21am On Jul 01, 2013
Anytime these agencies want to have a show of arrogance, they threaten with strike action...as if we don't know if ever a strike was embarked upon, it never exceeds 2 or 3wks as at what time some undisclosed meetings must have been held to pacify the strike action by signing few checks and documents. #fuckingwhistleblowers
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by Ememinyang2(f): 11:25am On Jul 01, 2013
Hade4larin: Wth is going on in this country?
Asup on strike
ASUU on strike
E go beta
but Asup don culoff thier strike na
Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by Anniettieufia(m): 11:28am On Jul 01, 2013
tatosh: [/b]"We are also unhappy over the bad state of roads across the nation," the statement said.[b]

The above says it all. Then some people will still come and say GEJ is fixing roads, posting some silly pictures.
No to cluelessness in 2015
[color=#006600][/color]

i did want to comment but your comments triggers my comments

i have a few question to help:
1* is GEJ the contractor handling road construction?
2* is the PIB not meant to address the issue cause by oil company?
3* why is the National assembly & senate house not signing D bill ?

My point is;
it is not evry issue & case we react to that we have to refer to GEJ.

TELL ME ,
if you happened to hit your foot on a stone, will you strike your eyes for not showing you the stone in advanced ?

2 Likes

Re: NUPENG Issues Three-day Warning Strike Notice by citizenisb: 11:36am On Jul 01, 2013
There isn't good news coming out of China as the Communist part is deliberately slowing down growth hence the liquidity squeeze and the flash HSBC PMI coming at below 50.

In view of the Fed's imminent tapering of QE by 2014, most hedge funds are heading towards the exit door in emerging and frontier markets since rates should start to climb in their own economies. SLS informed us that we have at least 5 Billion Dollars in "HOT MONEY" from these guys.

The key to this period is: LIQUIDITY. BUY DOLLARS LIKE CRAZY!!! The only logical way is for SLS to devalue the Naira or else we will be in for a greater shock down the road.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Armsgate: Again, Metuh Refuses To Open Defence, Requests 6th Adjournment / Nwodo Reacts To His Suspension By Ohanaeze / Civil Servant Paid Himself ₦145 Million As PIB Media Fund In 2015 – Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.