Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Operation 'Moving Train' - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Operation 'Moving Train' (3249 Views)

Operation Moving Train According To Maclatunji / Boko-Haram Starts Operation-Wear-Himar (Hijab) Campaign / Sallah: Osun Offers Citizens Train Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Operation 'Moving Train' by maclatunji: 6:58am On Jul 01, 2013
Salam Alaykum,

My fellow Muslims and users of the Islam for Muslims section.

This section is primarily meant for Muslims to discuss issues relating to the teachings and practice of our religion- Islam but quite frankly, that is not happening as it should.

This is primarily because of the activities of non-Muslim trolls who frequently post off-topic to derail threads.

As a result of this negative state of affairs, I have decided to initiate what I call 'Operation Moving Train' which is meant to reduce thread derailment in this section to the barest minimum.

How does it work?

You create a thread or you are viewing one and somebody decides to create a diversionary post, what do you do? Use the 'report to moderators' link to report the derailment. Do not respond to it as your post is most likely going to be hidden.

Unrepentant derailers will get bans such that their ability to post in this section will be severely limited.

Non-Muslims can post in this section but not as derailers or creating threads to 'prove' they don't believe in Islam. Such threads are likely to be removed because we don't need non-Muslims proving to us that they don't believe in Islam. That is simply allowing redundancy to prevail.

Let us join hands to curb derailers.

Ma Salam

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by tunde1200(m): 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2013
Weldon bros, is a welcome development and I'm in full support of this motion.
At least we will be able to discuss core issues among us.
Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by tbaba1234: 2:28pm On Jul 01, 2013
Funny title but about time.

JazakAllahu khair.

2 Likes

Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by sino(m): 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2013
Fully supported and endorsed by me and my humble self cool

Operation Moving Train!
Reconnaissance: To be carried out by special elite forces.
Your responsibilities includes: Identifying positions and activities of the 'enemy'(trolls), send signals to HQ for aerial 'bombardment'(caution and warning) and total 'annihiliation'(Ban)
Do not engage, i repeat, Do not engage!
grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by lanrexlan(m): 3:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
sino: Fully supported and endorsed by me and my humble self cool

Operation Moving Train!
Reconnaissance: To be carried out by special elite forces.
Your responsibilities includes: Identifying positions and activities of the 'enemy'(trolls), send signals to HQ for aerial 'bombardment'(caution and warning) and total 'annihiliation'(Ban)
Do not engage, i repeat, Do not engage!
grin grin grin
fully support it,Lolz

1 Like

Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by maclatunji: 3:08pm On Jul 01, 2013
Please don't allow unrepentant derailers to derail this thread too.
Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by maclatunji: 5:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
Alhamdulillah, Operation 'Moving Train' has been a success thus far with unnecessary threads and arguments greatly reduced in the Islam for Muslims section. However, more needs to be done. Hence, I am initiating Operation 'Moving Train 2.0'.

What is Operation 'Moving Train 2.0' all about?

The fact is: topics, issues, threads and posts related to Islam don't just appear in the Islam for Muslims Section, they appear in other sections as well. So, what are we Muslims to do in the event of unwarranted attacks and vulgarity directed at us and our religion- Islam.

Thus far, what has been happening is that, we either:

1. React by exchanging insults with the offending parties.

2. Leave those insults as offensive as they are.

3. Report to moderators in those sections who may do as they please with such reports.

Operation 'Moving Train 2.0' is out to correct this negative state of affairs.

So how does it work?

A. You see an offensive comment against Islam/Muslims in another section and report to the moderators in that section with the report link.

B. If after an extended period of time no action is taken (I have estimated that 6 hours is long enough), that comment has not been modified/hidden, send me a complaint via this thread by quoting the comment and pasting the link for me to act on by taking it up with the appropriate authority on the matter.

I implore Muslim posters not to to be confrontational with people of other faiths/beliefs when interacting with them and to remain law-abiding Nairaland members.

Warning: This thread's purpose and objectives are clear. Any attempts to derail or cause problems on it will be heavily sanctioned.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by BetaThings: 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2013
maclatunji:

I implore Muslim posters not to to be confrontational with people of other faiths/beliefs when interacting with them and to remain law-abiding Nairaland members.

Salaam
Good work

And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah , lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. Thus We have made pleasing to every community their deeds. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them about what they used to do.
Qur'an 6:108

2 Likes

Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by Nobody: 2:36am On Aug 02, 2013
Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by maclatunji: 5:10am On Aug 02, 2013
ibit-abid-qudrt:
https://www.nairaland.com/1113815/really-last-prophet-muhammad-jesus

report.

I have seen it. The poster there made assertions that are clearly offensive to Muslims. I have modified the more offensive posts and will monitor the thread. Thank you for reporting.
Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by tbaba1234: 11:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by maclatunji: 5:30am On Aug 03, 2013
tbaba1234: Just reported this:

https://www.nairaland.com/1380683/dare-change-religion-denomination-least/20#17193340

Noted, I will follow it up to a logical conclusion Insha Allah.
Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by debosky(m): 1:12pm On Aug 09, 2013
Not surprising - even while clearly overreaching himself, Maclatunji refuses to engage in a conversation because of the illogical position he has taken up.

It was just a test, which you've passes in flying colours.
Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by maclatunji: 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
debosky: Not surprising - even while clearly overreaching himself, Maclatunji refuses to engage in a conversation because of the illogical position he has taken up.

It was just a test, which you've passes in flying colours.

Stop derailing, create a thread regarding the issues you have in General section or use the complaint thread in this section.

Don't respond to this post here too or you might be sanctioned.
Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by tbaba1234: 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
I want to thank Mac for the job, he is doing.

When you always get hate coming your way from muslim haters then you must be doing something right..

JazakAllahu Khairan.

4 Likes

Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by BetaThings: 12:56pm On Aug 11, 2013
tbaba1234: I want to thank Mac for the job, he is doing.

When you always get hate coming your way from muslim haters then you must be doing something right..

JazakAllahu Khairan.

Amin

I just stumbled on a thread where they are complaining about him
It is always the case that people don't want their activities moderated in anyway
May Allah bless MacLatunji a thousandfold

2 Likes

Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by lanrexlan(m): 1:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
BetaThings:

Amin

I just stumbled on a thread where they are complaining about him
It is always the case that people don't want their activities moderated in anyway
May Allah bless MacLatunji a thousandfold
Ameen,thumma ameen and always guide his ways.

1 Like

Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by AbdH: 5:53am On Aug 13, 2013
The politics section's complaint thread is inactive or else why should this be allowed?
https://www.nairaland.com/1394678/militants-kill-44-mosque-borno/2#17394278
Can yoj help? Jazakumullahu.
Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by BetaThings: 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2013
Is it not possible to ban an IP/MAC address so that that computer is rendered unusable on NL for the duration of the ban?

Chris+Kid should get it

https://www.nairaland.com/1404516/swedes-don-headscarves-support-muslim/1#17636933
Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by chakula: 7:17am On Sep 07, 2013
Mac and deols,

What lucifer post has to do with this thread? Haven't you people sight it? If it is possible can you take appropriate action?

I know something like that will happen and people intend to looks for others trouble and when respond is pasted names will be calling and so on.

May Allah lifted Islam and Muslims to the high degree and disgrace Shirk and Mushreekun. Ameen.
Re: Operation 'Moving Train' by deols(f): 12:51pm On Sep 08, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Is No Excuse Of Ignorance For Who Dies A Kafir / What Does Miserliness Mean In Islam? / Making A Muslim Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.