Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? (10949 Views)

A Chinese Emperor's Poem About Prophet Muhammad (SAW) / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). / Is Mohammad Really The Last Prophet From The Biblical God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? by Saintparis1: 11:03pm On Nov 25, 2012
Muhammad
Where in the Quran does it say that Muhammad was the last Prophet and Messenger of GOD?

Let us look at the following Noble Verse in the Noble Quran:

"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Apostle of God, and the Seal of the Prophets : and God has full knowledge of all things. (The Noble Quran, 33:40) "

Comments from the foot notes of the translation of Sheikh (Minister) Abdullah Yusuf Ali; may Allah Almighty rest his soul and make Heaven his final destiny: "When a document is sealed, it is complete, and there can be no further addition. The Holy Prophet Muhammad closed the long line of Messengers. Allah's teaching is and will always be continuous, but there has been and will be no Prophet after Muhammad. The later ages will want thinkers and reformers, not Prophets. This is not an arbitrary matter. It is a decree full of knowledge and wisdom, 'for Allah has full knowledge of all things.'"

In the above Noble Verse we see Allah Almighty clearly Saying that Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him is the last Prophet (Messenger) sent by Allah Almighty to Mankind. In Arabic, the words "Prophet (Nabi)",and "Messenger (Rasul)" could and would mean the same thing. This means that Allah Almighty in the above Noble Verse said that Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him is the last Messenger and Prophet of GOD Almighty. The following Saying from our beloved Prophet peace be upon him will further prove it for us:

"In My Ummah (Islamic Nation), there shall be born Thirty Grand Liars (Dajjals), each of whomwill claim to be a prophet, But I am the Last Prophet; there is No Prophet after Me. (Abu Dawood Vol 2 p. 228; Tirmidhi Vol 2 p.45) " [ 1 ]

"Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, ' The Israelis used to be ruled and guided by prophets : Whenever a prophet died, another would take over his place. There will be no prophet after me, but there will be Caliphs whowill increase in number .' The people asked, 'O Allah's Apostle! What do you order us (to do)?' He said, 'Obey the one who will be given the pledge of allegiance first. Fulfil their (i.e. the Caliphs) rights, for Allah will ask them about (any shortcoming) in ruling those Allah has put under their guardianship.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 661) "

"Narrated Sad: Allah's Apostle set out for Tabuk. appointing 'Ali as his deputy (in Medina).'Ali said, 'Do you want to leave me with the children and women?' The Prophet said, 'Will you not be pleased that you will be to me like Aaron to Moses? But there will be no prophet after me .' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 59, Military Expeditions led by the Prophet (peace be upon him) (Al-Maghaazi), Volume 5, Number 700) "
http://www.answering-christianity.com/last_prophet.htm
Re: Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? by Saintparis1: 11:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
Jesus

the Quran and ahadith contradict the above claim since these sources say that Jesus is returning to the earth in the end of days:

But God raised him ['Iesa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And God is EverAll-Powerful, All-Wise. And there is none of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), but must believe in him ['Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), as only a Messenger of God and a human being], before his ['Iesa (Jesus) or a Jew's or a Christian's] death (at the time of the appearance of the angel of death). And on the Day of Resurrection, he ['Iesa (Jesus)] will be a witness against them. S.4:157-159

The foregoing has been traditionally interpreted to mean that Jesus was taken physically, bodily into heaven from where he will return to the earth. Once he returns, all theJews and Christians will believe in him as God’sMessenger and Prophet. Here is what the commentary of Ibn Abbas says regarding Sura 4:159:

(There is not one of the People of the Scripture)the Jews and Christians (but will believe in him)in Jesus, that he was not a sorcerer, Allah, His son or His partner (before his death) after the soul of Jesus expires, that is after he comes down again and then dies after every singleJew in their time, (and on the Day of Resurrection he) Jesus (will be a witness against them) through delivery of the message.( Tanwîr al-Miqbâs min Tafsîr Ibn ‘Abbâs)

The hadith literature also confirm the point thatChrist will return:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah’s Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, son of Mary (Jesus) will shortly descend amongst you people (Muslims) as a just ruler and will break the Cross and kill the pig and abolish the Jizya (a tax taken from the non-Muslims, who are in theprotection, of the Muslim government). Then there will be abundance of money and no-bodywill accept charitable gifts." ( Sahih al-Bukhari , Volume 3, Book 34, Number 425 )

Thus, it is Jesus who is the last prophet and messenger, not Muhammad.
Aware of the dilemma that these narrations cause for Muhammad’s claim of being the seal or last prophet, Muslims have composed some convenient explanations. For example, some claim that Muhammad meant that no new prophet would come after him, which is not what the Quran or hadiths say. The Islamic literature expressly states that Muhammad is the last prophet and that no prophet will come after him, period. It makes no qualification thatno new prophet will come after Muhammad.

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said "How will you be when the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you and he will judge people by the Law of the Quran and not by the Law of Gospel?" (Fateh-ulBari page 304 and 305 Vol 7). ( Sahih al-Bukhari , Volume 4, Book 55, Number 658 )

Fight against those who (1) believe not in God, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that whichhas been forbidden by God and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religionof truth (i.e. Islâm) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. S. 9:29 Hilali-Khan

Therefore, just as Muhammad changed certain practices of the true prophets before him while claiming to be following their example and their religion, Jesus will also abrogate and change certain aspects of the Quran even though he is supposed to be a follower of Muhammad’s law.

More importantly, Jesus will actually do what Muhammad was supposed to do, namely abolish unbelief. Muhammad is reported to have called himself al-Mahi, the one by whom Allah would eradicate unbelief:

Narrated Jubair bin Mutim:
I heard Allah's Apostle saying, 'I have several names: I am Muhammad and I am Ahmad, and I am Al-Mahi with whom Allah obliterates Kufr (disbelief), and I am Al-Hashir (gatherer) at whose feet (i.e. behind whom) thepeople will be gathered (on the Day of Resurrection), and I am Al-Aqib (i.e. who succeeds the other prophets in bringing about good)." ( Sahih al-Bukhari , Volume 6, Book 60, Number 419 )

Yet the abolishment of the jizya implies that, atChrist’s return, there will no longer be any unbelievers. After all, jizya is taken from those individuals from the people of the Book (i.e. Jews and Christians) who refuse Islam, but when Jesus returns they will all believe or be killed which explains why jizya will no longer beimposed.

This is even expressly stated in the following report:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There is no prophet between me and him, that is, Jesus (peace_be_upon_him). He will descent (to the earth). When you see him, recognise him: a man of medium height, reddish fair, wearing two light yellow garments, looking as ifdrops were falling down from his head though it will not be wet. He will fight the people for the cause of Islam. He will break the cross, kill swine, and abolish jizyah. Allah will perishall religions except Islam He will destroy the Antichrist and will live on the earth for fortyyears and then he will die. The Muslims will pray over him. ( Sunan Abu Dawud , Book 37, Number 4310 )

source
Re: Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? by MuhammadQasim: 12:00am On Aug 02, 2013
First OF All you mind your language... Do not ever ever say anything to Muhammad (s.a.w.w)
and second of all you are not a muslim .. In Quran it is said That Hazrat Isa(jesus) will come as an
ummati of HAzrat Muhammad (s.a.w.w) And listen Hazrat Muhammad(s.a.w.w) is the noor(light) of Allah ..
Then IF Allah is God of all universe then automatically His Noor Hazrat Muhammad (s.a.w.w) Is Messenger OF all Universe..
IN Quran It is written That To believe in Allah you should BElieve Hazrat Muhammad S.a.W.W .. now is this is not your answer you should go to hell ... and the Book In which christian believe is Bible was an islamic book revieled on Prophets of Allah .. And after them it was changed by the persons..
Re: Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? by maclatunji: 5:23am On Aug 02, 2013
@OP, I have my eyes on this thread. It is not welcome for you to post content from antiIslamic websites here. If you have genuine questions that is a different matter.
Re: Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? by showietee: 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
@ op your case is worrysome. You know some hadith and quran verses but you belief not. Be careful of what you say for whatever you say ll be used against you later.....

You shall be held accountable for your deeds and we shall be accountable for our deeds.

Information is the curative for bad knowledge, but in your case you're misinformed.
Inquisitions and crusade, are they also the doctrine of jesus?
Re: Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? by ParisLove1: 6:40am On Aug 03, 2013
Muhammad Qasim: First OF All you mind your language... Do not ever ever say anything to Muhammad (s.a.w.w)
and second of all you are not a muslim .. In Quran it is said That Hazrat Isa(jesus) will come as an
ummati of HAzrat Muhammad (s.a.w.w) And listen Hazrat Muhammad(s.a.w.w) is the noor(light) of Allah ..
Then IF Allah is God of all universe then automatically His Noor Hazrat Muhammad (s.a.w.w) Is Messenger OF all Universe..
IN Quran It is written That To believe in Allah you should BElieve Hazrat Muhammad S.a.W.W .. now is this is not your answer you should go to hell ... and the Book In which christian believe is Bible was an islamic book revieled on Prophets of Allah .. And after them it was changed by the persons..
First of all my language is civil enough and i can say anything i want about muhamad. Secondly not being a muslim makes no difference. Thirdly, i dont understand what you re trying to say. What is all these noor, hazrat, ummatin, s.a.w, s.e.e. Can you explain yourself in a language in i can understand? Or "go to hell" the only thing you can come up with?

Not lets establish points of the thread.

1) muhammad claimed to be the last prophet after him no other would return. He was the seal according to him.
"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Apostle of God, and the Seal of the Prophets : and God has full knowledge of all things. (The Noble Quran, 33:40) "

2) Jesus who is also a prophet will ruturn for the second to abolish disbelief. Something muhammad was supposed to do but failed. Now wouldnt that make Jesus the last prophet and the seal of prophets?
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said "How will you be when the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you and he will judge people by the Law of the Quran and not by the Law of Gospel?" (Fateh-ulBari page304 and 305 Vol 7). ( Sahih al-Bukhari , Volume 4, Book 55, Number 658 )
3) Finally Here Allah is promising that he will senda beast to bring his message to mankind.
And when the word is fulfilled concerning them,We shall bring forth a beast of the earth to speak unto thembecause mankind had not faith in Our revelations. (27:82)
Doesn’t this belie everything he has said in all those above-mentioned verses? Do beasts of the earth speak Arabic better than angels? What kind of beast will be this messenger of Allah?
Then again didn’t Muhammad claim to be the last prophet? (33:40)If he was the last one to bring us a message from God, then what is this beast going to be? If this beast is going to bring us a message, he is a messenger and the title of Khatama alnnabiyyeen(the last of prophets) that Muhammad claimed for himself should go to this animal. If 33:40is right then the verse 27:82 must be wrong.

I hope you come with a resonable response other than "go to hell"
Re: Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? by maclatunji: 1:13pm On Aug 03, 2013
Paris_Love:
First of all my language is civil enough and i can say anything i want about Muhamad. Secondly not being a muslim makes no difference. Thirdly, i dont understand what you re trying to say. What is all these noor, hazrat, ummatin, s.a.w, s.e.e. Can you explain yourself in a language in i can understand? Or "go to hell" the only thing you can come up with?

Not lets establish points of the thread.

1) muhammad claimed to be the last prophet after him no other would return. He was the seal according to him.

2) Jesus who is also a prophet will ruturn for the second to abolish disbelief. Something muhammad was supposed to do but failed. Now wouldnt that make Jesus the last prophet and the seal of prophets?
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said "How will you be when the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you and he will judge people by the Law of the Quran and not by the Law of Gospel?" (Fateh-ulBari page304 and 305 Vol 7). ( Sahih al-Bukhari , Volume 4, Book 55, Number 658 )
3) Finally Here Allah is promising that he will senda beast to bring his message to mankind.
And when the word is fulfilled concerning them,We shall bring forth a beast of the earth to speak unto thembecause mankind had not faith in Our revelations. (27:82)
Doesn’t this belie everything he has said in all those above-mentioned verses? Do beasts of the earth speak Arabic better than angels? What kind of beast will be this messenger of Allah?
Then again didn’t Muhammad claim to be the last prophet? (33:40)If he was the last one to bring us a message from God, then what is this beast going to be? If this beast is going to bring us a message, he is a messenger and the title of Khatama alnnabiyyeen(the last of prophets) that Muhammad claimed for himself should go to this animal. If 33:40is right then the verse 27:82 must be wrong.

I hope you come with a resonable response other than "go to hell"

Your ignorance is on a grand scale. Compare and contrast the terms 'Messenger' and 'Prophet'. This simple assignment will erase your false assertions.

And no, you are not allowed to say "whatever you want". Observe the rules.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? by ParisLove1: 3:02pm On Aug 03, 2013
maclatunji:

Your ignorance is on a grand scale. Compare and contrast the terms 'Messenger' and 'Prophet'. This simple assignment will erase your false assertions.

And no, you are not allowed to say "whatever you want". Observe the rules.

Please enlighten me, that's what the thread's for. Which one is Muhammad? A prophet or a messenger?
Re: Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? by ParisLove1: 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2013
Whatever your answer will be, the confusion is still there.
According to Islam Jesus is a prophet. And when he returns for the second time, he would be the last prophet on earth. Fact.
And this beast that will bring a message according to quran would be the last messenger since it came after Muhammad.

Unless you're going to tell me that Muhammad is neither a prophet nor a messenger of God.
Re: Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? by maclatunji: 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2013
Paris_Love: Whatever your answer will be, the confusion is still there.
According to Islam Jesus is a prophet. And when he returns for the second time, he would be the last prophet on earth. Fact.
And this beast that will bring a message according to quran would be the last messenger since it came after Muhammad.

Unless you're going to tell me that Muhammad is neither a prophet nor a messenger of God.

The confusion would only persist with you because you refuse to get out of it. The same Islamic sources you seek to misquote are not confused.

You have shown your disbelief, anything else you want to display?
Re: Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? by ParisLove1: 8:36am On Aug 04, 2013
maclatunji:

The confusion would only persist with you because you refuse to get out of it. The same Islamic sources you seek to misquote are not confused.

You have shown your disbelief, anything else you want to display?

You obviously have nothing to offer. Accused me of being ignorant, I asked for clarification and you're still blabbing like a broken record. Anything reasonable you've got to say?

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? by ParisLove1: 8:57am On Aug 05, 2013
showietee: Jesus return is sure, everybody knows that but pls ANSWER THIS- WILL JESUS COME WIT A NEW MESSAGE OR MISSION?

I already said it uphere, that his coming back is to clarify the allegations levied on him... Man be careful how you talk outside, and alway be calm in discussions... Its computer age, even little kids can see the writings on the wall... You might be embarrassed if you continue in such way...

Jesus first message explains how people corrupt the truth today, is that a lie?

Messenger/prophet are sent to earth wit message, what ll jesus mission/message be in his second coming?

I already said the reason for his second coming, do you have any point contrary to that, if not, then your thesis is baseless..

Information is the curative for bad knowledge.

I think you should be the one to answer your question. Did quran/allah/muhamad say:
1) No prophet would come after Muhammad?
2) No NEW PROPHET would come after Muhammad? Or
3) No old prophet will come with a NEW MESSAGE?
Re: Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? by deSika(m): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
Paris_Love:

You obviously have nothing to offer. Accused me of being ignorant, I asked for clarification and you're still blabbing like a broken record. Anything reasonable you've got to say?
dats Maclatunji for u. Expect No explanations 4m him.
Re: Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? by deSika(m): 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2013
Paris_Love:

I think you should be the one to answer your question. Did quran/allah/muhamad say:
1) No prophet would come after Muhammad?
2) No NEW PROPHET would come after Muhammad? Or
3) No old prophet will come with a NEW MESSAGE?

good questions. U can also find similar questiöns here

https://www.nairaland.com/1261672/mohamed-really-last-prophet
Re: Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 07, 2013
Muhammad [sa] is both the last prophet and messenger.

Messenger [as] is a higher officer than prophet [as]
every Messenger [as] is automatically a prophet as well at the same time.
he the messenger [as] has a message to deliver. and as a prophet [as] he preaches the message and teaches all current application towards absolute guidance of his time.

every prophet [as] is not automatically a messenger [as]. the prophet preaches as current carrier of the message of the last messenger [as] before his time.

example of a prophet who is not a messenger, alone at his time preaching the message of the last messenger before he the prophet arrive, is Jonah [as]. Jonah upholds the message of Moses.

a prophet that appears along a messenger, an example of that is Aaron [as] who appeared along with Messenger/prophet Moses [as].

a prophet who appeared just before another messenger/prophet took office and began preaching is John son of Zachariah [as]. so was Zachariah [as] too. John [as] was murdered or was incarcerated ending up being slaughtered, just before Jesus son of Mary, a messenger/prophet [as] started his ministry.

Again, since Muhammad is said to be the last messenger and the seal [wax that cover opening so that nothing can be exchange as in added or removed] of prophet [sa], there is no one that will come unless such an one is under the messenger-ship and prophetic office of Muhammad [sa].

for example, every muslim is expected to propagate the message of islam in the tradition of The Noble soul, sayidina Muhammad [sa]. therefore every muslim is a 'messenger' of the Messenger [sa], delivering the message given to him for mankind.

so when Jesus [as] come back, he will have no independent message of prophetic inclination, except what is already within the pages of Quran and how hadith explains it. Jesus son of Mary [as] will not descend from anywhere else except where the noble soul [sa] says he will descent in syria. he will not anything else except how the Quran and Hadith say he will live and die. his burial place is already marked and a grave has been dug to huse his body [as].

we have no beast in Islam. you can mix christianity with islam and serve it up as a purist material for Islamic puritans. we are not from chrislam.

stay within the confine of islam if you want muslim to respond to you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must A Muslim Get Married? / Sunni Rebels Desecrate Grave And Exhume Body Of Noble Companion In Syria / Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.