Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Worldwide Recession And Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Worldwide Recession And Nigeria (878 Views)

Nigeria Is Sliding Into Economic Recession Under Buhari’s Watch – Olisa Agbakoba / Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red / Global Recession And Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Worldwide Recession And Nigeria by kiwibabe(f): 12:31pm On May 15, 2008
With the US & UK markets close to recession, how do you think the collapse of world markets will affect Nigeria?

Let’s discuss because I know what I am facing right now in the UK, what about you guy’s.
Re: Worldwide Recession And Nigeria by Ibime(m): 2:56pm On May 15, 2008
I don't know. How tied in is Nigeria's banking sector to the International markets? Do they have subprime exposure? Or exposure to risky bonds? China, India etc remain largely unaffected by the subprime crisis and any downturn they are experiencing is due to Government regulation. What is the situation with the Naija market? I tried to do market research on Naija stocks and found that apart from the banks, most of the companies do not even release their financial ratios. Not even on Bloomberg terminal can you find complete Naija stock ratios. Anyway, I still do not understand why Naija markets are reacting to the slowdown/downturn in global markets. Just goes to show that Naija stock market is heavily reliant on sentiment. Or am I wrong? Can anybody explain?
Re: Worldwide Recession And Nigeria by CharleyCharley: 8:10am On Oct 10, 2016
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Boils Over Relocation Of College To Oni’s Town / Fashola For President 2011 (brf 2011) / Nigeria Appeal Court Upholds Oyo State Governor Poll -officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.