Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench (13311 Views)

Help!!! My Neighbour Is A Screamer / Man Dies In Fight With Neighbour Over Wife / Shocking: Father Of 10 Kidnaps, Kills Neighbour’s Son! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by Ping411: 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2013
A 28-year-old woman Stella Gilbert is in police custody for allegedly stabbing her neighbour to death over a bench.

The incident happened in the suspect’s room at Ajegunle area of Lagos State on June 22.

The altercation over who should sit on the bench degenerated into a fight with Stella allegedly stabbing the deceased – identified as Stella Godwin, 27, a mother of three, in the chest. This led to the latter’s death in the suspect’s room.

It was gathered that Gilbert had initially poured hot water on the deceased before grabbing a kitchen knife and stabbing her to death.

The husband of the deceased, Mr. Godwin said his wife and the suspect were friends but that over time, the friendship became sour due to envy.

“Stella is our neighbor and she used to be a good friend to my wife as they bear the same name. However, for some time my family has been having issues with Stella due to envy and jealousy. The animosity degenerated into a fight on Saturday, June 22nd over a bench. A friend came to visit me and I went to get a bench outside the house to give him to sit.

“This bench belonged to our former neighbour but when he was relocating, he left it behind. Stella started abusing me to leave the bench. I warned Stella to stop insulting me; my wife came out and she too warned Stella to stop insulting me. They started quarrelling and fighting. I ran to the Ajegunle Police Station to get police because Stella poured hot water on my wife. Sadly, when I came back, I saw my wife’s lifeless body in Stella’s room. Stella had stabbed my wife in the chest with a kitchen knife; she also stabbed her all over her body . I was shocked and started weeping.”

The suspect however said she did not intend to kill anybody.

“This is the work of the devil. I did not intend to kill her. Yes, it is true we have been quarrelling but I am shocked that she died from my hands. Mr. Godwin, his wife and his visitor overwhelmed me. Three of them came into my room and they beat me mercilessly. I had to defend myself as the beating was severe and in the process, I took a kitchen knife and waved it to scare her; they were in my room fighting me. I stabbed her in the chest and she fell and died. I did not know how she got the other wound but I did not want to kill her. You can see my body; I have bruises all over because they invaded my room and beat me. I was only defending myself. I am sad that she is dead.”

A police source said the case was transferred to the Homicide Section, State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) in Panti, Yaba on June 27 for thorough investigation.

“We recovered three kitchen knives in the suspect’s room. The deceased had multiple stab wounds on her body. The corpse was in the suspect’s room because that was where the fight took place and she was killed there. We have deposited the corpse in the mortuary for autopsy,” the source said.
http://telegraphng.com/2013/07/woman-kills-neighbour-over-bench/

1 Like

Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by ciphoenix: 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2013
Why are they all quick to blame the devil undecided

2 Likes

Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by Nobody: 2:09am On Jul 02, 2013
This is the work of the devil. I did
not intend to kill her. Yes, it is true we have been quarrelling but I am shocked that she died from my hands.
undecided
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by andyanders: 7:47am On Jul 02, 2013
Why fight someone inside her room? That shows that it was under self defense and can only be under manslaughter.
Why should the deceased and the husband invade her room no matter what the problem was? She got killed in the accused room. So be it.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by slimyem: 10:13am On Jul 02, 2013
Before I opened this thread,I knew the place of the incident had to be Mushin or Ajegunle..face me ,I face you palaver.
Poverty is a curse!
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by ifyalways(f): 2:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
The sins of poverty, general frustration in the land and adults lacking self control.
E don happen be say e don happen,the rest na voice mail. The woman go claim self defense, shikena.

1 Like

Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by devour129: 3:36pm On Jul 02, 2013
am the man ran and left his wife behind shocked
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by sheedy407(m): 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
Woman don agree say she stab her,y the autopsy again?
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by realitychick: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
Pray against POVERTY,not just because its an Affliction or condition,
But because it is a TEMPTATION.This one is something she will leave with all her all Life.
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by Stalemate(m): 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
This ajegunle people self. Why una life kon rough like cloth wey dey inside basket.. RIP to the woman.!
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by Burger01(m): 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2013
slimyem: Before I opened this thread,I knew the place of the incident had to be Mushin or Ajegunle..face me ,I face you palaver.
Poverty is a curse!

Yeah right. That's where you find peeps like Ileke, Idowu and that crazy thing called sex.somthing.

sad

1 Like

Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
devour129: am the man ran and left his wife behind shocked
Yes, there has to be a witness........ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by Segadem(m): 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
slimyem: Before I opened this thread,I knew the place of the incident had to be Mushin or Ajegunle..face me ,I face you palaver.
Poverty is a curse!
It Happens all over.
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by RedBororo(m): 3:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
Am a true born Ajegunle child and the only thing as have to say is POVERTY NA CAUSE ALL THIS THING, I SAY NA POVERTYAm a true born Ajegunle child and the only thing as have to say is POVERTY NA CAUSE ALL THIS THING, I SAY NA POVERTYAm a true born Ajegunle child and the only thing as have to say is POVERTY NA CAUSE ALL THIS THING, I SAY NA POVERTY
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by olumaxi(m): 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
D devil is somwia laffin
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
'FACE ME I FACE U' SYNDROME
SOME PPLE ON THIS FORUM R NO BETTER
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by AbuMikey(m): 3:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
This is the work of the devil. I did
not intend to kill her. Yes, it is true we have
been quarrelling but I am shocked that she
died from my hands.
Devil don suffer ooo!
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by devour129: 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
chimkaire: Yes, there has to be a witness........ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
cant he be the witness ?
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by AbuMikey(m): 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
Too bad!!! Consequence of "undue" anger!!
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by VivyGift(f): 3:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
See wetin face me and face you apartment dey cause. Gurls and jealousy ehn smh. RIP to the mother of three.
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by kliq(m): 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
"Suspect"
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
Red Bororo: Am a true born Ajegunle child and the only thing as have to say is POVERTY NA CAUSE ALL THIS THING, I SAY NA POVERTYAm a true born Ajegunle child and the only thing as have to say is POVERTY NA CAUSE ALL THIS THING, I SAY NA POVERTYAm a true born Ajegunle child and the only thing as have to say is POVERTY NA CAUSE ALL THIS THING, I SAY NA POVERTY
Ajegunle life has dislocated your brain. What are u saying

2 Likes

Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by igbsam(m): 4:07pm On Jul 02, 2013
Autopsy for what ? To know the kind of knife she used in killing her or how sharp the knife penetrated her ? Naija sef......na everything dem dey conduct autopsy for ? When you know how she was killed.
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by Jerryjat(m): 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
hahahaahahahaahahahaahahaha.... ok....
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by kingthreat(m): 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2013
Those names are fake names. Nonsense jounalism

1 Like

Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by Henrypraise: 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
I guess GEJ is d cause of this one too or no she said the devil is the cause, naija we must always cast blame.
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by Graciabay(f): 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
Just because of bench,hmm devil has seen something
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by alyarmouk(m): 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
@op. am sorry, buh your story is phony just as it lookd cooked. where in AJ did ds happen? and for ur info there is nothing ever like ''ajegunle police state'' and whch ajegunle are your refering to? is it the one @ ikorodu?or the po[pular daddy showkeys ajegunle apapa?
very phony story and names too.
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by Adufaye(m): 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
Shocked
Why dem dy blame evrytin 4 devil end ?
Devil no need any employee 4 hell again,e don 2 full
Btw,who I go bliv nw? Mr godwil say she dy always envy dem nd she don pour him wife hot wata nd he go carry police,leta d suspect say dem b 3 wey beat her mr nd mrs godwil nd visitors
Dem dy wine us o

RIP Stella
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by Gifted4all(m): 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2013
Just because of bench.haba devil get hand for dis fight
Re: Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2013
Jerry-jat:
hahahaahahahaahahahaahahaha.... ok....

What's funny? Someone died and you're laughing? Are you human at all? 0_o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wife Not Turning Me On Anymore. I Feel Bad. / Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa / NL Wife Material

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.