Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,588 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa (13332 Views)

Husband Presents Wife’s Love Messages, Nude Pictures In Court / 10 Richest Families In Nigeria 2018 By ManucheTv / Woman Batters Husband During Sex Over Huge Manhood In South Africa (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by Collins9156(m): 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2015
By Mike Mbonye
Johannesburg, Dec. 22, 2015 (NAN) The Nigeria Union in South Africa on Tuesday presented money to 11 Nigerian families in the nine provinces of that country to celebrate the Christmas.

The President of the union, Mr Ikechukwu Anyene, said in Johannesburg, South Africa, that the fund was raised from public spirited Nigerians in that country.

`` The purpose is to extend Christmas wishes to less privileged Nigerian families in South Africa to enable them enjoy the Yuletide.

`` We pleaded with well to- do- Nigerians in South Africa to donate to the initiative and they responded positively.

`` The union felt that before people travel for the holidays, there was need to raise funds to help Nigerians who lacked money to buy groceries to prepare a decent Christmas meal,`` he said.

According to Anyene, each family received the sum of R,1000 (N22,000) to celebrate the Christmas.

`` The union will improve on the initiative next year and we will start early.

`` We also call on corporate bodies and wealthy Nigerians to support the humanitarian projects of the union,’’ he said.

Mrs Anastasia Amadi, the Coordinator of the project and leader of the Nigerian Women League in South Africa, said families in need in the nine provinces of South Africa were selected to benefit from the gesture.

`` We carefully selected some Nigerian families that needed support to enable them celebrate the Christmas.

`` This is an initiative of the Nigeria Union and it is a step in the right direction,`` she said.

Responding on behalf of the beneficiaries, Mrs Blessing Adenola, thanked the union for the gesture.

`` We thank the union for putting smiles on our faces.

`` Our families will have cause to celebrate the Christmas like others and we give God the glory for this wonderful assistance,`` she said.

A widow and mother of four, who did not want her name mentioned, said God had answered their prayers to have a fulfilled Christmas celebration.

`` We thank God for this gesture and we pray for the sustenance of the project. Our families are indeed happy this Christmas,`` she said. (NAN)
MEMO/OJO

http://nannewsnigeria.com/christmas-union-presents-cash-needy-nigerian-families-south-africa

Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 26, 2015

+ who is the beneficiary in these pictures. The lady with the "Killer armless white top" undecided

+ good initiative, what about the other provinces eg Bloem, Free, KZN, CPT etc

+ I think corporates can participate more eg MTN, Vodacom, Standard Bank, Pick n Pay etc

+ the movement should be seen and heard

+ are they staying legitimately in SA?

Where is lalasticlala sef undecided

Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by fhelihx(m): 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2015
That's the Spirit of xmas..#help the needy!!

Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by Collins9156(m): 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2015
Keneking:

+ who is the beneficiary in these pictures. The lady with the "Killer armless white top" undecided

+ I think corporates can participate more eg MTN, Vodacom, Standard Bank, Pick n Pay etc

The beneficiary is the one on brown jacket also from KZN .
All the Provinces were represented, they are all legitimate in South Africa.
The effort and the service of the Union for the interest of Nigerians in South Africa are well known.

Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by bornmekus: 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
Good one
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by agarawu23(m): 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
Mtcheew

Ppl now show any little favour they render online. Must pictures be taken ?

Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by xender(m): 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
immpresive undecided
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by Mrroy23: 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
9ice
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by jamex93(m): 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2015
that is wat d season is all about

Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by xender(m): 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2015
immpresive undecided
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by STAMPandSEAL: 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
wey my own?
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
make dey pack their load come back to naija oooo. no bi to dey seffer for another man land com dey post picture for facebook sey dem deh enjoy for SA
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by Pavore9: 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nice one.
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2015
so?
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by Carrottop(m): 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
Good initiative....i love my naija peeps
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by Cutesexy1(f): 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nice gesture

Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by saintol(m): 4:38pm On Dec 26, 2015
Kill them... abi na wetin I dey see... Are they on a "mission to kill"?
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by fredkof33: 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2015
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by Btoyob(m): 4:45pm On Dec 26, 2015
Na by force to live there? a beg i i i make them come back home and queue for 5k grand pa promise all the jobless naija grin grin

Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by Baroba(m): 4:56pm On Dec 26, 2015
sexybaby22:
make dey pack their load come back to naija oooo. no bi to dey seffer for another man land com dey post picture for facebook sey dem deh enjoy for SA

Like people no dey suffer for Naija..
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by kingarizona1(m): 4:56pm On Dec 26, 2015
Cool___ just hope its not flight money to come back 2 Nigeria
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by HarUrDeji(m): 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2015
Collins9156:

The beneficiary is the one on brown jacket also from KZN .
All the Provinces were represented, they are all legitimate in South Africa.
The effort and the service of the Union for the interest of Nigerians in South Africa are well known.
. .dem use rope tie dem for there?

Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2015
It a good initiative but the wealthy one should look for jobs for them

Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by santos247(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
R1,000 is not equal to N22, 000. One Thousand rand is about 14-16K naira depending on where you do your exchange.
If we must inform the punblic, we must be factual. Thanks
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by queenyetty09(f): 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2015
Good initiative!

But op, if I may ask, what criteria were used to choose the Union's beneficiaries?

Cos I know the lady in brown. True, she's hardworking but I can't described her as not been financially able to celebrate Christmas her own way. She's got her own little business in Dbn
My point is this, there r more families who needed these monetary help more than she did. Some are even homeless living in church quarters. Some sleep on d Street. Go to Point n u will pity n even advise them to go back home
I won't blame the Union though cos most weren't registered under the Union

Keep up d good work @ op

Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by donkross1(m): 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2015
R1000 - #22000 undecided. Who dash monkey banana.
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2015
i dont no y i should leave my country and suffer in anoda,Lord have mercy
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by stwazobia: 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2015
Keneking:

what do you mean by legitimately? just say what you want to say...
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by gbokukueba(m): 8:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
queenyetty09:
Good initiative!

But op, if I may ask, what criteria were used to choose the Union's beneficiaries?

Cos I know the lady in brown. True, she's hardworking but I can't described her as not been financially able to celebrate Christmas her own way. She's got her own little business in Dbn
My point is this, there r more families who needed these monetary help more than she did. Some are even homeless living in church quarters. Some sleep on d Street. Go to Point n u will pity n even advise them to go back home
I won't blame the Union though cos most weren't registered under the Union

Keep up d good work @ op

Rightly said but the initiative is to get them home... Those you described on point road are pathetic... I think I might know you or we know some mutual people
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by redsun(m): 9:23pm On Dec 26, 2015
What are they doing there if they can't make ends meet? Why can't they go back to Nigeria and take opportunity of the develiping agro bases businesses.

It is one thing to suffer in your country, but even more outrageous to suffer in another country whe
re you have supposedly gone for greener pastures.

However, a good gesture from those that cares.
Re: Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa by Miaraka: 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2015
Impoverished Nigerian FAMILIES in South Africa? Are you kidding? Please tell me more about these families. Is it really possible? How did that happen? individual young men and maybe some girls who were swindled by their fellow countrymen or are still busy finding their way or starting their business or searching for employment, yes. What are you talking about? How did they come here? How did they become impoverished? Which human brings his whole family to SA or any country before establishing themselves?

This Is A Tough One: Will You Forgive Your Kids If They Tried To Kill You? / Would You Rather Raise Twin Boys Or Twin Girls? / I Need Baby Girls' Names