Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Golf 4 Manual Gear Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Golf 4 Manual Gear Issues (1812 Views)

What's Your Opinion On Jumping Gear 4( Manual Drivers Only) / Is Golf 4 (manual Gear) A Good Buy? / Help: Gear Issues With Honda Accord V6 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Golf 4 Manual Gear Issues by dkdigits(m): 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2013
I use a golf 4, 1999 model, 1.6litre engine, manual gear. I have been using it for about 7mths now with no issues what so ever. Just last week, as I was about driving out, I started the car, and tried engageing gear one, and it jus wouldn't enter. As a matter of fact it just wouldn't enter any gear @ all. I called my mechanic and before he got to my house my neigbour told me to put it in reverse while the car was off. This I was able to do. But when it entered reverse, it didn't disengage. Then all of a sudden it started behaving well, even when the mechanic came and drove it, it was quite normal. Only for the same problem to come up a week later. I took it to the lubricants people to check, and they said the gear oil is well gauged and good. The hydraulic is also well gauged, and the strange things is when the gear doesn't engage, the clutch pedal doesn't go flat, which seems to eliminate the problem of clutch. One of the main reasons I bought a manual gear was to avoid the problem that is associated wit auto gears, quite ironic that a manual gear is causing problems for me now. So car gurus if you have any idea what could be the problem please share, before these clueless mechanics cause more problems for me.
Re: Golf 4 Manual Gear Issues by dkdigits(m): 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
Still hoping for responses oh
Re: Golf 4 Manual Gear Issues by dkdigits(m): 2:57pm On Jul 02, 2013
Still no responses 4rm anybody? A mechanic jus told me I need to replace the clutch plate and disc, and that original would cost me about 24k for the original...Any ideas people

(1) (Reply)

Car Stalls When Hot; Solved / My Car Engine Won't Start After Ringing / Quiz: Which Is More Fuel Efficient On The Highway Open Windows Or Ac?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.