Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Toyota Hilux Manual/automatic Which One Is Better? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Hilux Manual/automatic Which One Is Better? (11084 Views)

FRSC Hilux Without Brake Lights, Who Will Make The Arrest? (Picture) / Manual & Automatic Gear Compatibility! / Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Hilux Manual/automatic Which One Is Better? by Ogojohn(m): 9:02pm On Jul 01, 2013
A friend of mine want to buy this ride at a Toyota dealership at Asaba.Delta state capital and he is torn between his choice the automatic and the choices of people around him since they have been confusing him telling him that this particular vehicle is problematic when it comes to its auto trains. All his fleet are automatic and he wouldn't want to change now.
He therefore asked for my opinion and this is why i brought this to the experts in the house to do justice to this. The vehicle i am talking about is a brand new Toyota hilux automatic .
Re: Toyota Hilux Manual/automatic Which One Is Better? by psych1: 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
Op. It is a matter of choice or likeness. You will enjoy either once you maintain it very well.
You can google more on this issue.
btw,you can visit

Pros/Cons, Advantages/Disadvantages, Likes/Dislikes of Manual vs. Auto - Hilux Surf Forum http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6516

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=147237
Re: Toyota Hilux Manual/automatic Which One Is Better? by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:31pm On Jul 01, 2013
Ogojohn: A friend of mine want to buy this ride at a Toyota dealership at Asaba.Delta state capital and he is torn between his choice the automatic and the choices of people around him since they have been confusing him telling him that this particular vehicle is problematic when it comes to its auto trains. All his fleet are automatic and he wouldn't want to change now.
He therefore asked for my opinion and this is why i brought this to the experts in the house to do justice to this. The vehicle i am talking about is a brand new Toyota hilux automatic .

personally i prefer a 4x4 on a manual transmission
Re: Toyota Hilux Manual/automatic Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 09, 2015
An old thread Ogojohn, but what did your friend end up with in the end?
Re: Toyota Hilux Manual/automatic Which One Is Better? by AutosBay(m): 12:24pm On Feb 10, 2015
Manual is far better than automatic when it comes to Toyota Hilux, most of their manual gear even has separate auxiliary gear for better power thereby making suitable for any form of roads even in muddy areas, please go for the manual spec.
Re: Toyota Hilux Manual/automatic Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 10, 2015
AutosBay:
Manual is far better than automatic when it comes to Toyota Hilux, most of their manual gear even has separate auxiliary gear for better power thereby making suitable for any form of roads even in muddy areas, please go for the manual spec.

Dude, both the manual and automatic versions of the Toyota Hilux have manual transfer boxes, with switchable 2WD / 4WD (H4, N, L4, H2). What is referred to in Nigeria as auxiliary.

And it doesn't give more power, it's a traction aid. If you know anything about off-roading, you'll realise an automatic is way better in the mud, it has better traction, is much more controllable. A manual Hilux will break traction earlier in mud than an automatic, and traction is what you need off road.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Hilux Manual/automatic Which One Is Better? by Ogojohn(m): 8:24pm On Feb 10, 2015
Siena:

Dude, both the manual and automatic versions of the Toyota Hilux have manual transfer boxes, with switchable 2WD / 4WD (H4, N, L4, H2). What is referred to in Nigeria as auxiliary.

And it doesn't give more power, it's a traction aid. If you know anything about off-roading, you'll realise an automatic is way better in the mud, it has better traction, is much more controllable. A manual Hilux will break traction earlier in mud than an automatic, and traction is what you need off road.
You are absolutely right. When i see people that drives 4 by 4 here. I wonder if they actually know what is at their disposal and if they actually get to derive the full potential of the machine at their hand. I have had an experience of driving on a land rover on a very rough terrain from nigeria border in TARABA state to a town in cameroon known as Nkambe. Also on a HILUX manual. I have also travelled on a HILUX from BAMENDA in cameroon to IKOM in NIGERIA. All in wet weather and slippery terrain. Also had an experience with MITSUBISHI PAJERO 4 BY 4 on same terrain. After those experiences. I began to look with awe the achievement of man to conquer his environment. I observed that the HILUX which is manual had less grip on the muddy slippery road than the PAJERO automatic 4 by 4 which seems to have more grip and better traction on the road and less likely to slip. While the automatic was moving faster on the mud. The manual driver was more cautious because the likelihood of the vehicle sliping on a higher speed is higher. But in all. The traction system in 4 by 4 and its ruggedness was fully tested in that environment. It is a marvel to behold.

(1) (Reply)

Vilner Tramontana Unveiled With Gold Accents With 888 HP (photos) / What Are The Steps To Take When Buying Car Online (new Or Used) / Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing ABS Speed Sensor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.