Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Nairalanders Advise Needed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nairalanders Advise Needed (1495 Views)

Pls Advise Needed / Career Advise Needed / Advise Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Advise Needed by infobiz9ja(m): 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2013
I'm thinking of starting my very own job recruiting agency because from personal experience a lot of existing ones are fake & scams. I have some friends in high places esp H.R departments & they usually furnish me with job vacancies but I don't want to run a charity organization because if i start it for free then no one would want to pay. So kindly advise me on what to do so that in my own little way I can help bring down the unemployment rate in the country. Thanks & God bless.
Re: Nairalanders Advise Needed by infobiz9ja(m): 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Nairalanders Advise Needed by chudidonas(m): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2013
Its an awesome idea. But I'l suggest u tailor your job agency to serve graduates mostly because they are they one that are desperately in need and vulnerable, and being that you're reliable, your fast growing fan base will patronize you. In addition to that: please do u hv any vacancy open to safety officers(HSE) graduate entry level? Ask your HR padi them pls. Thank you
Re: Nairalanders Advise Needed by infobiz9ja(m): 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
chudidonas: Its an awesome idea. But I'l suggest u tailor your job agency to serve graduates mostly because they are they one that are desperately in need and vulnerable, and being that you're reliable, your fast growing fan base will patronize you. In addition to that: please do u hv any vacancy open to safety officers(HSE) graduate entry level? Ask your HR padi them pls. Thank you

Thanks & I'll check
Re: Nairalanders Advise Needed by chudidonas(m): 6:21pm On Jul 02, 2013
God bless you nyafu nyafu.
Re: Nairalanders Advise Needed by infobiz9ja(m): 1:13am On Jul 03, 2013
chudidonas: God bless you nyafu nyafu.

Amen & same 2 u. This month is your month in Jesus name...
Re: Nairalanders Advise Needed by psalmytito(m): 11:35am On Jul 03, 2013
i will like us to have good discussion.u can get me tru sameytito@gmail.com
Re: Nairalanders Advise Needed by infobiz9ja(m): 2:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
psalmytito: i will like us to have good discussion.u can get me tru sameytito@gmail.com

Mail sent
Re: Nairalanders Advise Needed by chudidonas(m): 10:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
Amen bro. I believe. Pls send me a mail too let's talk. Thnks chudidonas@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Nairalanders Advise Needed by Nobody: 2:36am On Jul 05, 2013
_-_
Re: Nairalanders Advise Needed by infobiz9ja(m): 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2013
chudidonas: Amen bro. I believe. Pls send me a mail too let's talk. Thnks chudidonas@yahoo.co.uk

Mail sent
Re: Nairalanders Advise Needed by infobiz9ja(m): 9:00pm On Jul 06, 2013
koboheights: Exciting news. Keep it up its nigerians like you that will lead nigeria to the promise land
Here is a simple step to take in beginning an agency
The Basics of Starting an Employment Agency

Think of your finances. If you are going to need startup capital, you should check with the Small Business Administration. While they do not loan money for business startups, they can steer you toward those organizations that can help you.

Discuss pricing structures (for staffing searches) with acquaintances in your area. You might also check with other businesses that have used an employment agency to see what fees they paid.

Contact your county clerk's office as a start. You need to ask questions about legalities that need to be put into place before you start a business. As an example, will you need a license?

Decide where the office for the employment agency will be located. The location needs to be convenient for applicants to come to you. Of course, you will bear the cost before the business turns a profit-so try to think inexpensive. Check zoning laws if the employment agency will be worked from your home. A variance can be given, but it must be brought before the city council.

Call your local telephone company. You will need a dedicated phone line for the business. Do you want the phone to roll to your home number after hours, or will you hire an answering service to take care of these after-hours calls? Perhaps voice mail or an answering machine will be all of the help you will need.

The Marketing Side

Check the state and local listings in your yellow pages for any organization that helps small businesses to get started. An example is SCORE (Service Core of Retired Executives). These groups are located all over the country and can prove invaluable in many ways the first year of your business-particularly in start up advice.

Join the local Chamber of Commerce. This will help to get the word out that you are opening an employment agency. Visit with local businesses. Explain the benefit of using your pre-screened applicants as opposed to a cold ad in the "help-wanted" section of the newspaper.

Advertise in the classifieds of the newspaper as well as online. This will draw in people who are looking for work. Administer technical tests to them and be ready to send them out when something opens up. Suggest to employees that you need referrals, and you will be a reference for them.

Accept job assignment requests from your newly found clients. It will take a concerted effort to find the jobs for your people. Plan on spending a lot of time marketing. Make a concentrated effort to find the employee who will be a good fit for the job. Start matching job applicants with employers and open positions.
I hope this was helpful don't forget to join the koboheights forum coming soon we discuss business,employment,entertainment,fashion,love MONEY.

Thanks I appreciate your input. I would put it into practice asap.
Re: Nairalanders Advise Needed by chigodo(m): 9:37am On Jul 12, 2013
That'll be a gr8 idea,believe you me a lot of us now have the confidence that your info is unquestionable and as such you have more fans on here than you can imagine.......go on,we are solidly behind you!!
Re: Nairalanders Advise Needed by infobiz9ja(m): 11:01am On Jul 21, 2013
chigodo: That'll be a gr8 idea,believe you me a lot of us now have the confidence that your info is unquestionable and as such you have more fans on here than you can imagine.......go on,we are solidly behind you!!

Gbam!!! Thanks bro.

(1) (Reply)

SOL Recriuts 400 Direct Sales Executives / Vacancy!vacancy!!vacancy!!! / Vacancies At Mobile Payment Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.