Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Career Advise Needed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Career Advise Needed (976 Views)

Pls Advise Needed / Career Advise / Nairalanders Advise Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career Advise Needed by 24spicy: 4:49pm On Jan 10, 2008
Hi guys, pls i need a honest advise from nairalanders. here is my problem: i'm a graduate of chemical engineering with CCNA working with a telecommunication company that is fast dying, the pay is very poor. currently i'm running my masters in chemical engineering with one more semester to go. i got a job offer wit a bank with a very good package. Right now, i'm confused cos i dont know wot 2 do, whether i should accept d offer and fashi my masters or i should finish up d masters program. pls i need ur advise on the way out asap. thanks
Re: Career Advise Needed by abbyode(m): 6:58pm On Jan 10, 2008
In this scenario, I think you are the best adviser for yourself.
You really need to define what you want in life.
You need to clarify what interests you, this will aid you in making the best career decision.
U need to sit down and visualise where u will like to be in next five or ten years.

Itz just an unortunate situation in this country, where because of unemployment, graduates keep looking for jobs not career. That explains why a Chemical Engineer could be looking for jobs in Banks.

Back to your request, your working as a CCNA guy in a Telecoms company already suggests to me that you are trying to make a career change that is quite different from what you studied in School for about 5 years. You are gradually turning to an IT Professional if i may conclude from afar.
My guy, you need to make up your mind about this career change.

Indeed, it wont be a bad idea if you are offerred an IT position in the bank, meaning you have changed your career path completely. But why not if that is what interests you. The most important thing is that u need to love what u do on a daily basis. Thatz one of the secrets if you need to grow speedily in your career.

As regards your masters program, I wont advise you not to take this job all because of Masters. Afterall, whatz the need in having an MSC and still going back to job market. The truth is u can do a whole lots of masters once u are financially bouyant through some overseas correspondence. And by the way since you have just one more semester, I think there should be a walk-around to this if you explore your options well. Nevertheless, dont ever throw away jobs all becuase of masters program, plsssss.

Pls sit back and make a choice.

Rgds,

(1) (Reply)

10k God! I Just Got A Job / 28k Internet Connection 24 Hours 7 Days For 365 Days / Nnpc Recruits - Hot Gist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.