Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, (1896 Views)

Thread created by mistake / Beats By Dr. Dre Monster Headphones For Music Professionals And Music Lovers / Country Music Lovers Corner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by druid06(m): 10:35pm On Jul 01, 2013
Hello friends, I am a music lover just like you and I don't mind listening to new/good songs out there so far it has good instrumentals and the lyrics is to die for. Hip-hop was my life till some new generation rappers made me think otherwise and I went out there in search of something better to fill the void hip-hop left in my heart and soul.

Now, I am open minded and I accept any genre of music so far it has nice melody and the harmony is intact. Now I listen to Slow/Soft rock, metallic, alternative, classic/oldies, blues and I can't seem to get enough.

I would like for music enthusiast out there to please name their favorite artiste/band of these afforementioned genre of music/songs I listed above.

As the creator of this thread, I would go first. In order of my preference, they are;

Florence and the Machines.
Staind.
Maroon 5.
The Script.
The Beetles
The Fray.
Creed.
MatchBox 20.
Hinder.
All American Rejects.
Coldplay.
Greenday.
Chemical Brothers.
Enya.
Freshly Ground.

1 Like

Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by AbuMikey(m): 11:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
BrB
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Fourcade(m): 11:57pm On Jul 01, 2013
Here we go again! cheesy grin

sTAinD
Lifehouse
The Fray
Rise Against
Snow Patrol
Breaking Benjamin
TRAPT
S££Th€R
Skillet
The All-American Rejects
Anberlin
Casting Crowns
3 Doors Down
Kings of Leon
*Pauses* ...*takes a breath*...make i continue! cheesy

Daughtry
30 Seconds To Mars
12 Stones
Fireflight
Keane
Florence + The Machines
Coldplay
Alter Bridge
My Chemical Romance
The Script
Three Days Grace

Well these and some other bands with just one or two hit songs.The bands/songs have their time.Some are for specific moods! grin

@Druid...Cool some of your bands made my list.Me likey cheesy
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by druid06(m): 12:28am On Jul 02, 2013
@Fourcade, Nice!!

More on my list are;

The Killers
Adam Lambert
Avenged Sevenfold
Colbie Caillat
Disturbed
Ellie Goulding
Goo Goo Dolls
Jason Walker
John Mayer
Kings of Leon
Lana Del Rey
One Republic
Owl City
Paramore
The perishers
Yanni ( Great Instrumentalist )

More to come....
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 02, 2013
druid06: @Fourcade, Nice!!

More on my list are;

The Killers
Adam Lambert
Avenged Sevenfold
Colbie Caillat
Disturbed
Ellie Goulding
Goo Goo Dolls
Jason Walker
John Mayer
Kings of Leon
Lana Del Rey
One Republic
Owl City
Paramore
The perishers
Yanni ( Great Instrumentalist )

More to come.

adam lambert? shocked shocked
tufiakwa
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by druid06(m): 12:32am On Jul 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

tufiakwa

Dude, I know he's gay but I can't deny that he got beautiful voice.
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Fourcade(m): 8:38am On Jul 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

tufiakwa

Lol grin
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 02, 2013
Fourcade:

Lol grin

i saw the vinyles of that nigga on T.V and i almost puked . his picture and hairstyle were lipsrsealed
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 02, 2013
druid06:

Dude, I know he's gay but I can't deny that he got beautiful voice.
don't know how he sings. hope u ain't gay tho
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by druid06(m): 8:55am On Jul 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: don't know how he sings. hope u ain't gay tho

I aint homesexual. I am 100% sure... cheesy
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Fourcade(m): 8:56am On Jul 02, 2013
@ Druid06
I have two songs from Avenged Sevenfold.Afterlife and Nightmare.I could play Afterlife all day; the dude's voice,lyrics and the beat.I miss Jimmy the Rev (the drummer).I have like 5 different videos of the song[ official and Live videos].Downloaded them just to see the dude playing the drums.

Well Disturbed too,two songs Stricken and Ten thousand fists cheesy. I haven't gone beyond that!

I have One Replubic and Owl City too...they are just there jor!
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Fourcade(m): 9:02am On Jul 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

i saw the vinyles of that nigga on T.V and i almost puked . his picture and hairstyle were lipsrsealed

He's crazy and doesn't give a damn grin
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 02, 2013
^^^ kaiiii .this thread is not for me, i completely lost lmao
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Fourcade(m): 9:22am On Jul 03, 2013
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 03, 2013
The script, Chris Daughtry, One direction, All American rejects, Boys like Girls, The wanted, The fray, Coldplay, Linking park, James Morrison, Hillsong united, Casting crowns, Stellar Kart...
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2013
Most of the names already mentioned along with Evanescence (Fallen), can't stop playing that album
Linkin Park is my favorite
Blue October (She is my ride home). A classic.
Breaking Benjamin
Apocalyptica
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by texanomaly(f): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2013
The Script Lifehouse
Creed Rage Against the Machine
Hinder Seether
Metalica Linkin
Awolnation My Chemical Romance
POD Stone Soar
Bad Company Buck Cherry
Boston Three Days Grace
Cheap Trick Three Doors Down
Rise Against Avenged Seven Fold
Five Finger Death Punch Paramore
Drowning Pool God Smack
Tool Disturbed
Saliva Savage Garden
Evanescence Daughtry
Foreigner Radiohead
Imagine-Dragons Saving Abel
Korn Sixx AM
Maroon 5 Swedish House Mofia
Muse The Verve
Blue Oyster Cult Breaking Benjamin
Apocalyptica Lynyrd Skynrd
Hailstorm War
Plain white T’s The Who
The Guess Who America
CCR Beware of Darkness
Limp Bizkit

BlackSabath(w/Ausie)

That’s all for now
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
Old Linkin Park(Pre-2005)
Old Limp Bizkit(actually only the Chocolate Starfish album)
Old Evanescence(With Ben Moody)
Slayer/Metallica/Anthrax/Megadeth
Pink Floyd
Oasis

These days, I just listen to Old-skool hiphop(Afrika Bambatta, Rakim, some Pac and Loads of Biggie)
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by texanomaly(f): 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
jackbauersballs: Old Linkin Park(Pre-2005)
Old Limp Bizkit(actually only the Chocolate Starfish album)
Old Evanescence(With Ben Moody)
Slayer/Metallica/Anthrax/Megadeth
Pink Floyd
Oasis

These days, I just listen to Old-skool hiphop(Afrika Bambatta, Rakim, some Pac and Loads of Biggie)
got all, luv 'em
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2013
3 doors down - Here Without You

Sting - English man in Newyork,

Savage Garden

Linkin Park

Evanescence

Goo Goo Dolls - Iris (Reminds me of my late popsie)

Yanni - Nightingale (Addicted to this song)

Kenny G

Enya
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by druid06(m): 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
val_dee: 3 doors down - Here Without You

Savage Garden

Linkin Park

Evanescence

Kenny G

Enya

I forgot to add Sting- Englishman in Newyork to my list and goo goo dolls.

I thinks it's time the mods shift this topic to the frontpage.
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
Here is cool, front page comes with a lot of baggage
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by texanomaly(f): 2:43am On Jul 04, 2013
Can we go Old School here?
I already mentioned a few:

Aerosmith
ACDC
Jimi Hendrix
Queen
Pink Floyd
Guns N Roses
Journey
ZZ Top
Eagles
Bob Seger
Ted Nugent
Kiss
Crosby, Stills & Nash
The Cars
Dire Straits
Fleetwood Mac
Heart
Eric Clapton
Alice Cooper
Thin Lizzy
Rush
Yes
Peter Frampton
The Police
Def Leppard
Steve Miller Band
Fog Hat-Slow Ride
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Genesis
Talking Heads
Janis Joplin
Jefferson Airplane/Starship
The Animals
ELO
.38 Special
Styx
Kansas

1 Like

Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by UyiIredia(m): 7:06am On Jul 04, 2013
val_dee: 3 doors down - Here Without You

Savage Garden

Linkin Park

Evanescence

Kenny G

Enya

Love Enya and 3 Doors Down. I've listened to their albums.
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by UyiIredia(m): 7:08am On Jul 04, 2013
texanomaly: Can we go Old School here?
I already mentioned a few:

Aerosmith
ACDC
Jimi Hendrix
Queen
Pink Floyd
Guns N Roses
Journey
ZZ Top
Eagles
Bob Seger
Ted Nugent
Kiss
Crosby, Stills & Nash
The Cars
Dire Straits
Fleetwood Mac
Heart
Eric Clapton
Alice Cooper
Thin Lizzy
Rush
Yes
Peter Frampton
The Police
Def Leppard
Steve Miller Band
Fog Hat-Slow Ride
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Genesis
Talking Heads
Janis Joplin
Jefferson Airplane/Starship
The Animals
ELO
.38 Special
Styx
Kansas

The only name that rings a bell in this list is Queen (who I came accross on Wikipedia) and Eric Clapton whose songs I've heard. I should be getting some of 'em in the list. Now why wasn't Prince in that list.
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by UyiIredia(m): 7:19am On Jul 04, 2013
@ OP: Good to know you want to diversify. Of recent I started getting somewhat old Fela tracks like J'eun Koku, also got jazz tracks, also got me some folk songs from Habib Koite and Youssou N'Dour. I got politically conscious tracks from Jean Grae, Mos Def, Public Enemy and Immortal Technique (this rapper seems mostly, if not strictly, on thought-provoking issues. Listen to 'Dance With The Devil' for instance and don't let the title decieve you). Now I'm looking to getting me some classical music. I should start with Some Mozart's and Beethoven classics which I never heard but read about on multiple instances.
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by texanomaly(f): 10:00am On Jul 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

The only name that rings a bell in this list is Queen (who I came accross on Wikipedia) and Eric Clapton whose songs I've heard. I should be getting some of 'em in the list. Now why wasn't Prince in that list.
Because, while I do like him.(Purple Rain) He is a "Pop" artist, not Classic Rock.
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by texanomaly(f): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ OP: Good to know you want to diversify. Of recent I started getting somewhat old Fela tracks like J'eun Koku, also got jazz tracks, also got me some folk songs from Habib Koite and Youssou N'Dour. I got politically conscious tracks from Jean Grae, Mos Def, Public Enemy and Immortal Technique (this rapper seems mostly, if not strictly, on thought-provoking issues. Listen to 'Dance With The Devil' for instance and don't let the title decieve you). Now I'm looking to getting me some classical music. I should start with Some Mozart's and Beethoven classics which I never heard but read about on multiple instances.
Try those and any of these to get started:

Tchaikovsky,
Handel
Wagner
Schubert
Stavinsky
Mendelssohn
Vivaldi
Dvorak
Mahler
Schumann
Hayden

Since you mentioned Kierkegaard to me before, you might enjoy this link. Listen to the music of his time or any other:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_classical_music_composers_by_era
btw: I guess u were only kidding about the experiment. smh
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by kunlefox(m): 11:51am On Jul 04, 2013
Ok...Since most of us on this thread actually like same bands...I'm just gonna rant about how I don't like 30seconds latest album "love lust faith and Dreams"..though some songs stand out individually but the album as a whole wasn't all that, atleast not up to beautiful lie and This is war kind of awesomeness!

Why didn't anyone add Imagine dragrons and Tame impala,Mumford and sons (I know they are folk but it's okay to be on this thread too right)..

And thanks for the thread guys!
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Love Enya and 3 Doors Down. I've listened to their albums.

Enya is great bro, some of her songs brings tears to my eyes
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2013
texanomaly:
Try those and any of these to get started:

Tchaikovsky,
Handel
Wagner
Schubert
Stavinsky
Mendelssohn
Vivaldi
Dvorak
Mahler
Schumann
Hayden

Thanks for the list, been looking for this too
Re: Thread Created For Contemporary Music Lovers, Slow Rock, Metal, Alternative, by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
Iron Maiden's 'The Trooper'

Absolute Classic

"You take my life, but I'll take yours too...You fire a musket but I'll run you through"

Classic cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Full Album: Jay Z – 4:44 / DJ Ecool Ft. Davido – Ada Download (luvmp) / Download [free Beat] Naira Marley Ft. Zlatan – Am I A Yahoo Boy Instrumental

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.