Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Join The Project Now - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Join The Project Now (4607 Views)

JOIN THE Spot The Difference Fun / How Can I Join The Sss Or National Intelligence Agency / Join The New Look Graphics Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 11:14am On Aug 01, 2013
jbanj4: Nice Characters combination but the major problem here is the colours.......good thing I know a thing r two about coloursgrin. There something wrong with the colours and the combination, all the colours are looking raw(if you know what I mean). The foreground is so greenish, you'd consider adding some tints or shade to some areas.....

Yeah still testing different combination but W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ post A̶̲̅ pic so you canhelp me mark †ђε colors. I W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ appreciate all †ђε help I can get
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 1:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
Am happy to be getting response here.am posting this picture of †ђε scent so you can work out which colors W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ work out best

Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 3:23pm On Aug 01, 2013
Those colors are like place holder. I W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ use textures to replace most of †ђε colors

1 Like

Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 3:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
Just need enviroment to create †ђε bakground of shot for †ђε scene. Level of detail here is low. W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ use texture but W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ model detail texture of specific props in †ђε story board later

Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 5:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
OKX: @nzemkolo
hang in there, its a tuff journey.

ur still breaking some basic rules, but i guess everyone follows their own learning curve.
decide on an art style and stick with it.
ur environment post, for instance, combines 3 different structural art-styles...is there a particular reason for dat?

the golden rule also is, never model wot u can texture instead.
employ that, n u'll speed up ur process significantly n reduce d challenge(s) u face.
eg. only model doors and windows if there's going to be interaction with them, or if its a close-up shot, otherwise use a texture. dats more application-friendly, and looks better.

normally u wouldn't go modeling an entire environment without guides. u would only build parts that r seen in ur particular camera shot as determined by the storyboard, dat way u'll also know the level of detail required for each element.

also work on ur proportions.
make rules considering ur proportions n b consistent across ur scenes.
for eg. there's a general ratio relating door-to-window size, house-to-tree size, person-to-house size etc.
i know its a make-believe world but ur sizes have to at least have some foundation in believable physics.

goodluck, im keeping a friendly eye on ur progress.

cheers

Thanks bros. I hope to air this show on tele and want it to last and make an impact in †ђε animation industry in nigeria. I try not to look at †ђε technicalities involved in †ђε whole process in order to to loose focus on †ђε artform we are trying to use to tell A̶̲̅ compelling story
Re: Join The Project Now by jbanj4(m): 11:54am On Aug 02, 2013
nzemkolo:

Yeah still testing different combination but W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ post A̶̲̅ pic so you canhelp me mark †ђε colors. I W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ appreciate all †ђε help I can get

Using teXtures will be the best option, but a bit challenging, because you are gonna be creating an animated movie, you wouldn't want realistic grass with cartoon characters.
Re: Join The Project Now by Amhatu(m): 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
nzemkolo: Those colors are like place holder. I W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ use textures to replace most of †ђε colors

Nice Stills (Posing & Staging), I wish you success on the project.
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 8:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
jbanj4:

Using teXtures will be the best option, but a bit challenging, because you are gonna be creating an animated movie, you wouldn't want realistic grass with cartoon characters.

Correct. I used a grass texture as you can see here. i hope it looks ok. That all for the low res background for now. I have space in front now to build a set for the detailed scene from in the storyboard. I realised i just continued modelling and adding stuff so i had to stop.

Re: Join The Project Now by cgniyi(m): 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2013
Honestly,quality is not quite there yet, but i respect that ur working hard on this project and u would have learnt and improved a great deal by the time u r done.

1 Like

Re: Join The Project Now by reidkrugger(m): 9:39pm On Aug 05, 2013
cgniyi: Honestly,quality is not quite there yet, but i respect that ur working hard on this project and u would have learnt and improved a great deal by the time u r done.

what is missing in the scene? i‘ve seen something like this aired on cable & Tvc. one adventurous cartoon consisting of 3 male six legged insects “not quite sure now“ and one female of same kind. the animation to it is even nairaland standard or worse. what about naruto? This guy dont own a standard studio or pulls d kinda weight they pull and if u ask me, @op abeg U try. ask okx wetin him computer carry, na yam?
I‘m just sayin, @least giv him a pat on d back n encourage him. A lot of peeps will come here and say plenty not considering d time frame, scope of work, polygon limits etc. its sad.
However, if thr‘s anything he‘s not doin right, let him know. who no go, no know o.
Re: Join The Project Now by cgniyi(m): 10:59am On Aug 06, 2013
reidkrugger:

what is missing in the scene? i‘ve seen something like this aired on cable & Tvc. one adventurous cartoon consisting of 3 male six legged insects “not quite sure now“ and one female of same kind. the animation to it is even nairaland standard or worse.
i know the cartoon u talking about and yes it doesn't look fantastic, but nairaland standard....haba!
Like i said i really admire the effort,this is something i've tried in the past and i'm fully aware of the challenges.
One advice i would give so as 2 reduce poly count - i feel the belly of the animals should be a texture instead of using an extrusion and then smoothing/subdividing.But then again maybe u want it that way
Again keep up the good work, whatever the outcome u would have learnt a lot from this and future projects would even be much better
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 6:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
Well am rendering these pics from poylgon proxy mode but †ђε final render W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ be 1920 by 1080 When you talk of high quality I would like to know ​Wђã† else I can do to push it to dat level. I W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ spend more time in making †ђε actual animation beliveble. I know †ђε xters have passed M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ skinning test and M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ rigs have fk ik switches on both legs and arms. They are ready to act but I need A̶̲̅ line producer else I W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ do it myself too.
I appreciate †ђε comments but I need people dat can actually do stuff . So far Ω̴̩̩̩̥o‎​ one has joined this project and am about to start animating †ђε shots haba nairalandrrs.
Re: Join The Project Now by OKX(m): 6:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
@nzemkolo
ppl will join a well planned project wit a good structure and clearly defined benefits.
in ur case, it starts wit a good story and great characters.

high quality in this case doesn't refer to resolution, its d quality of ur characters and props.
ur audience is assessing u based on that, cos its all they have to go on.
take this as a personal learning project to get more experience, and discover the real-life challenges involved.

so far, ur production pipeline hasn't come across as efficient to me...dat and a lack of clearly defined benefits has kept me on d sidelines. if I was involved, id begin with completely overhauling ur xters ( that's nt practical now given how far uve gone)
I still keep an eye on ur progress tho.

keep ur spirits up bro!
cheers
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 12:26am On Aug 07, 2013
OKX: @nzemkolo
ppl will join a well planned project wit a good structure and clearly defined benefits.
in ur case, it starts wit a good story and great characters.

high quality in this case doesn't refer to resolution, its d quality of ur characters and props.
ur audience is assessing u based on that, cos its all they have to go on.
take this as a personal learning project to get more experience, and discover the real-life challenges involved.

so far, ur production pipeline hasn't come across as efficient to me...dat and a lack of clearly defined benefits has kept me on d sidelines. if I was involved, id begin with completely overhauling ur xters ( that's nt practical now given how far uve gone)
I still keep an eye on ur progress tho.

keep ur spirits up bro!
cheers

Thanks bros am happy to have your support. Its uphill considering the setbacks i thing i have not done badly. I get to refine my characters and props on the fly and you might be suprised how they will turn out the end.

I use a lot of place holders in my project and people dont understand the concept. For example i need to produce the lines from my script as wave aduio files which i need to start blocking my poses for the animation. I cant get that now but if i use a text to speech software to create the lines and as a place holder i begin to get comments about quality ans stuff. so far i still using my old 1 gig ram hp pavillion to do all this stuff.
The best is yet to come.

If its about the benefit am sure it will outlive me so am not worried about that now. My pipeline is as in efficient as our country has made life to be for us so am not complaining about that too.
I need a line producer for my script pleease!!!!

Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 8:03pm On Aug 08, 2013
Gradually refining the xters

Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 6:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
Well I did sone more work on †ђε xters but †ђε challange now us that †ђε scene is too big now. System is geggining to slow down.I need mre ram and vga memory

Re: Join The Project Now by OKX(m): 9:10pm On Aug 18, 2013
@nzem
dis is wot I was trying to point out in our earlier posts.
u don't need all d elements that u r modeling to b in d same scene at d same time.
u model d individual items and save them as assets in individual, seperate files.
u only import them into d scene as needed- based on wot is within ur camera shot, as read from the storyboard.

also instead of duplicating, use instances....they use less memory.
also delete ur construction history frequently, and optimize ur scene size.
work with low polygon models until u r set to render, using polygon proxy mode u can switch between hi and lo res models wheneva.

many models r repeated in ur scene, if it was my work, I would render the sides of,say, d house model...I would then use d image as a texture on polygon boxes for the other houses to reduce my scenes polycount.
also use layers to organise ur scene, dat way u can turn off d visibility of items to improve scene interaction.

more memory isn't always d answer, learn to optimize ur workflow for efficient memory management.
Let me know if it helps.

cheers...feel free to ask questions.

2 Likes

Re: Join The Project Now by OKX(m): 9:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
also, if u prefer experimenting as opposed to planning, u can use basic primitives as placeholders and animate ur scene camera.
by studying d playback of d rendered scene, u will get a better idea of d actual elements u need to focus on, and the required resolutions based on distance from the camera.

goodluck
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 10:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
Thanks but you still have not givem me ur Ω̴̩̩̩̥o‎​.I optimised M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ scene and lost a transform node that controls M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ blend shapes so am back four steps. If am confident about †ђε xter set. I W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ move on. At A̶̲̅ fast pace but was haveing second thought about reducing †ђε size of †ђε ears but that W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ meand redoing all M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ blendshapes and control panel.
Re: Join The Project Now by OKX(m): 11:53pm On Aug 18, 2013
I was referring to tips dat will reduce or eliminate ur scene dragging.
always check d options if u r using the 'optimize scene size' command, to know specifically wot u r optimizing.

how can u b considering changing ur xters appearance at dis stage?
anyway, if u wanted to reduce d ears u don't need to redo everything...just create blendshapes with smaller ears for the affected characters and activate it fully all d time.

could u post a shot of ur characters in wireframe mode?
I wasn't aware that u asked for my number.
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 7:37am On Aug 19, 2013
OKX: I was referring to tips dat will reduce or eliminate ur scene dragging.
always check d options if u r using the 'optimize scene size' command, to know specifically wot u r optimizing.

anyway, if u wanted to reduce d ears u don't need to redo everything...just create blendshapes with smaller ears for the affected characters and activate it fully all d time.

Ok W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ do that today M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ bros.
Re: Join The Project Now by jbanj4(m): 8:52am On Aug 19, 2013
At this point, I dnt have so much to say...... I suggest you should back-up the file, I mean Cloud bckup, so that you ont loose it.....and oh! The idea about using images as bckground, and cloud and stuff is actually a gud one, cos I've seen it done like dat in some online tuts.......
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2013
OKX: I was referring to tips dat will reduce or eliminate ur scene dragging.

Ok W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ do that today M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ bros.

That's †ђε wireframe. Am wondering why u want it. †ђε mesh is low poly not more than 10000 polygons when I rigged it

Re: Join The Project Now by OKX(m): 2:57pm On Aug 19, 2013
i was just curious abt y ur scene was dragging.
its probably the houses.
wot version of maya r u using?
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
Am using 2011 version I have 2012 but 2011 is very stable to for M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ system. I have strted †ђε animation for †ђε theme song and it involves all †ђε xters so that's why am having issues but I followed ur advice and it getting better but am thing of using geometry cashe too. - W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ keep †ђε seqence simple at this stage to have an overall feel of †ђε composition them I can fintune on M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ desktop at home. W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ be using trax editor A̶̲̅ lot and am also go to map M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ xters so that I can reuse animation clips. W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ save me some work
Re: Join The Project Now by OKX(m): 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
great to hear.
well done, will love to see a wip and hear the theme song.
do u use Motionbuilder?

cheers
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
Yeam am getting some kids to do †ђε rehersal but I have an instumental and †ђε lyrics I can send to u. Am doing everything myself for now or up till now so u can imagine

Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
Raycast shadows were. Giving me A̶̲̅ source of concern as in I get shadows cast on some surfaces I want to be well lit. Am trying to to do light linking and stuff. maya help is M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ resource so I worked it out. W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ domotion builder when I start motion capture. I plan to use mocap for M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ animation later whan an more disposed. I don't use motion builder now.
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 8:34pm On Aug 19, 2013
Xters are still evolving and am wondering when I W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ stop tweeking d xters
Re: Join The Project Now by OKX(m): 10:56pm On Aug 19, 2013
bro, u shouldnt be worrying about ur renders just yet. (ur settings will vary scene to scene)
y do u need raytraced shadows anyway?

i've given up suggesting a work pipeline for u, but this way ur going is the toughest way to be efficient.
still keeping an eye on u tho

goodluck
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2013
OKX: bro, u shouldnt be worrying about ur renders just yet. (ur settings will vary scene to scene)
y do u need raytraced shadows anyway?

i've given up suggesting a work pipeline for u, but this way ur going is the toughest way to be efficient.
still keeping an eye on u tho

goodluck

Yeah it takes dicipline to stay on track. A$ seeing all †ђε loopholes now. If I can do tyhis alone then its gonna be easy to put A̶̲̅ team tigether to continue it I guess.
Re: Join The Project Now by nzemkolo(m): 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ocx you sure have A̶̲̅ genuine intrest here and am happy about it. Just be patient with me though. Am still learning though but I know we can do really G̲̣̣̣̥ọ̥ọ̥ƌ̲̣̣̣ stuff. I worked in A̶̲̅ media firm before as an animator and really had A̶̲̅ bad experience there where creatives are hording info and always trying to proof to †ђε boss dat they only are †ђε best. I would have pulled this project while I was there but everyone there was †ђε lion of †ђε tribe of his dept so creative work was not done.

I believe with consistent G̲̣̣̣̥ọ̥ọ̥ƌ̲̣̣̣ advice and support we can pull this off. There is A̶̲̅ gold mine her especielly in cartoon animation for kids.
I W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ spend †ђε rest of M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ life doing this. And W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ persist till I it starts paying M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ bills. - need A̶̲̅ G̲̣̣̣̥ọ̥ọ̥ƌ̲̣̣̣ life and I want to to be able to enjoy life doing something that means so much to me.
Thanks lot bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Card Design On Corel Draw / OPAY App / 3D Animation Contest For Indeginous 3D Artists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.