Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies (21967 Views)

Nigerian Govt. Orders Forensic Audit Of NNPC, 80 Other Agencies / Buhari May Sideline EFCC, ICPC In Loot Recovery / Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by ekandy(f): 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
Senate should be scrapped also as two assembly is expensive to maintain.

House of reps can do the Nass function alone. 25percent of national budget go to dem alone.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by 28Bukola: 12:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hey heh heh.......... This is serious oh. What about the staff of all the scrapped agencies? Are they scrapped as well? Abeg, does anyone know about PHCN and NERC (Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission). I learnt NERC is recruiting massively. There comes this scrapping of a thing. Seriously what is happening btw PHCN and NERC?
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by extraflyfineboy(m): 12:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
Walexz02: Really?
It will be good for the FG if impleted well. Some of this ministries are not knwn by many Nigerians talkless of knowing what they do.

It is better late than never!!

But make part of the money reach the masses via production of Jobs

Similar to what hapened here http://umehoma..com. UMEH OMA'S BLOG
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 02, 2013
Whats the usefulness of NDDC?Am waiting 4 that president dat wil scrap NDDC completely,wat of NYSC,like seriously,of wat use is dis NYSC.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by ozodigboo(m): 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2013
Emmadani: Whats the usefulness of NDDC?Am waiting 4 that president dat wil scrap NDDC completely,wat of NYSC,like seriously,of wat use is dis NYSC.
Hmm. . .Emmadani. You shouldnt be here. I ve been waiting for ur BBA updates.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by EmperorOlu: 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
[size=15pt]The OIL money is dwindling thanks to Fracking,serves the Fg right.They have not seen anything yet.No more mega mansions and ferraris. In a matter of 2 decades Nigeria's OIL revenue will be less than a $1 billion a year.I wonder what the asari dokubos and the ND thugs will do then.Maybe they drink the OIl or use it to cook food.[/size]
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2013
ozodigboo:
Hmm. . .Emmadani. You shouldnt be here. I ve been waiting for ur BBA updates.
hahahahahahaha.Am hr o because dis particular topic concern me weh weh.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by nijanigga: 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2013
emmysenior: [size=16pt] What about the GEJ's 2billion naira food and outrageous news paper budget.

They should be scrapped too.[/size]

Good sign, that Nigerian govt is broke.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by sayusuf(m): 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2013
They should also merge PDP with INEC pls.

1 Like

Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by nijanigga: 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
EmperorOlu: [size=15pt]The OIL money is dwindling thanks to Fracking,serves the Fg right.They have not seen anything yet.No more mega mansions and ferraris. In a matter of 2 decades Nigeria's OIL revenue will be less than a $1 billion a year.I wonder what the asari dokubos and the ND thugs will do then.Maybe they drink the OIl or use it to cook food.[/size]
Most of these Nigerian blackberries youths, don't understand this,they are still busy with 4 to 5 handsets.
It's coming, actually 2 decades is too far, from 2017 the US will overtake Saudi Arabia in oil export.Already US is dumping 40% of Nigeria's oil and India our next biggest market have also discovered oil.
Look at the almajiris and baby factories plus millions of jobless youths,I hope they will be able to contain the millions of boko harams Nigeria will be producing.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
Imagine,so nigeria govt av almost 500 agencies and commision,yet i dnt even know morethan 30 of them...!Just read on "thisday" that d FG wants to scrap 220 of them out of 541 agencies...!541 agencies?Also read dat sum research institutions and agencies wil b aligned wit universities..!When our govt suppose to build industries and companies,they are busy settin up agencies dat is 541 in numbers?Choi.Na now una eyes kum open abi.NIGERIA OGA O.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by ifyalways(f): 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
Will the affected civil servants get a "pay off" ? Something to ease this shock?
When will the NASS,GEJ and indeed governors domestic and ghost staff experience this same wind of "change" ?

1 Like

Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Olucheye(m): 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
Ozonna: If you a young civil servant, I suggest you start looking for a business to start or you grab start now to grab prof courses and certs and prepare for life in Ϯh℮ private sector because if GEJ comes back in 2015-2019 many civil servants will lose their jobs. In fact it will be a miracle if 70% of this current workforce are retained btw 2015-2019 (excluding those due for retirement).

I see GEJ implementing Ϯh℮ Orosanya report to Ϯh℮ letter, Ϯh℮ only thing stopping him is his 2015 re-election bid
If only he'll do same for Ribadu's report!
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2013
Now that NAPEP has been scrapped, what happens to Keke NAPEP
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by ozodigboo(m): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2013
okpara ugo: Now that NAPEP has been scrapped, what happens to Keke NAPEP
Of course , Keke NAPEP has been banned with effect from Dec 31 2013 - or are u a learner ?

Thats why the railway system is being refurbished.
Back to the stone age, peeps.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by gebest: 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by omenka(m): 1:46pm On Jul 02, 2013
Ola17:
Truth be told, GEJ's
administration is the most
purposeful and visionary
administration we've had.
Cutting down on unnecessary
government expenditure is a very
good move; more resources will
be available to execute
infrastructural projects.
This guy seems to still keep his
head cool even with the plethora
of negative criticism flying
here and there.
Hmmmm, seems he's no longer the
Retardeen, Jonathan, Otuoke
drunken fisherman etc as some
people will have me believe

Much as this action deserves some comendation, it is merely glossing over the real problem. If he wants to scrap unecessary offices he should start by scrapping the offices of all the ministers of state. It is a needless duplication having the office of the minister of state when we have a perm sec in all the ministries.

Also, he should slash his utterly useless retinue of advisers, special advisers, senior special advisers, special assisstants, senior special assistants, etc.

They keep dancing around the problem and avoid any move that implies a direct remedial aproach. God help us.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by gsalvatore: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2013
Emmadani: i can't ansa sum1 like u,i wil b wasting my tym.
Coolgb is right...Police problem is not Cash, even if you pump in the whole Nigerian Budgetary Allocation into the NPF it will amount to Nofin or worse still. Civil Defence is far better than Police,infact they should Scrap NPF, re-orientate and Fund NsCDs and make them the New Police.

Last two months I had a problem and went to the police, believe you me I know the conditions and procedures they work with, A friend adviced me to shun the police and go and report to Civil defence, I will tell you that Nscdc got more Cordination by Far than the Naija Police.

So no be Money matter, na attitude toward work.

Naija Police is a Lost cause and Pumping More Money will simply make it our Own Dreamliner/Vietnam.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by merengue: 2:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
Commendable move by the F.G but it shouldn't stop there, this country needs deep and lasting cuts in recurrent expenditure if we are to get out of the s**thole we have been digging for ourselves for the past 52 years. It will amount to nothing if poor workers are thrown into the labour market while the savings from their salaries and allowances are still being frittered away in catering for a lot of useless political appointees as well as the NASS.

I will like to see the following:

1. Reduction in the number of Ministries (currently standing at 27) and their agencies, departments and parastatels. Scrap useless ministries like Women Affairs, Special Duties, Niger Delta Affairs, Police, etc.
2. Merging of MDAs; we are not the U.S.A or China, we can't afford such lavish spending of over 60% of our budget on recurrent expenditure.
3. Stoppage of government involvement in subsidizing useless things like pilgrimages and gradual reduction and eventual stoppage of fuel subsidies.
4. Massive Reduction in the number of SSAs, SAs, PAs and political appointees starting from GEJ himself who has 20 special advisers and go back to the system under OBJ where each minister was allowed a maximum of two SAs or PAs (according to El-Rufai and Okonjo-Iweala)
5. Repetition of all previous steps at state and local government level.

1 Like

Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 02, 2013
~Bluetooth:

I recommend the return to a unicameral parliamentary system and merging of the numerous ministries.

I agree with the bolded. Some ministries such as 'Ministry of Women Affairs' grin grin, have to be scraped. The ministry of Aviation can be merged with that of Transport.
Furthermore, there should be a constitutional amendment capping the number of ministers to be appointed. A maximum of 24 minsters should be in the cabinet, with 4 representing each geo-political zone. Also, the number of aides that a minister or presidential adviser could have should be limited to the barest minimum.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2013
omenka:

Much as this action deserves some comendation, it is merely glossing over the real problem. If he wants to scrap unecessary offices he should start by scrapping the offices of all the ministers of state. It is a needless duplication having the office of the minister of state when we have a perm sec in all the ministries.

Also, he should slash his utterly useless retinue of advisers, special advisers, senior special advisers, special assisstants, senior special assistants, etc.

They keep dancing around the problem and avoid any move that implies a direct remedial aproach. God help us.

The 'Minister of State' contraption was partially introduced to ensure that all 36 states produced at least one minister. Like I said in my previous post, the 36-state ministerial requirement has to be repealed from the constitution.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by BlackBaron: 3:28pm On Jul 02, 2013
EFCC and ICPC still exists?

Last I heard, their main trade is now only small scale fraudsters, politicians excluded. undecided

1 Like

Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by ekea2001: 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
In Nigeria we make our money in politics nd public office while westerners make their money in tech.no wonder they flood our market with change over models from cars to mobile devices.sad
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by success9(m): 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
this mr president wants to call pink a red to nigerians. why did he not cut his own overblotted budget? We dey pay am salary yet im ddey charge us three billion naira for food plus other plenty billions for useless reasons.

Nigerian police force, efcc, icpc, national civil defence corp, frsc should all b under one umbrella.
National sports commission, national instiitute for sports, nigerian olympic committee, why??
Thirty six ministers, thirty six minister of sstates, why? Ministry of strategic planning, what for?
dem plenty like dat wey no get relevance.

The senate na no go area @ all. Dem no giv any damn about nigerians.

D only thing wey d president fit do for me wey i go praise am now na for am to initiate

''D TRUE FEDERALISM PROJECT''.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by internetpo(m): 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
Good to know. please let them search for more and what and what they can still scrap out.

Abeg!
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by bssnigeria(m): 5:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
All consumables now in stock at good prices. All Fargo printers, Hdp5000 ribbon N17,000, hdp5000 film N13,500, all cleaning kits @ N7,000, Dtc4500 ribbon N18,000 etc call 08024305046 or vist us at: 5a seriki aro street, off afariogun by awolowo way, ikeja.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Franky9584(m): 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nice step/idea, scraping and merging of dis govt parastatals wil reduce govt expenditure bt at d same time, it'll increase d unemploymt rate in con3.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
gsalvatore: Coolgb is right...Police problem is not Cash, even if you pump in the whole Nigerian Budgetary Allocation into the NPF it will amount to Nofin or worse still. Civil Defence is far better than Police,infact they should Scrap NPF, re-orientate and Fund NsCDs and make them the New Police.

Last two months I had a problem and went to the police, believe you me I know the conditions and procedures they work with, A friend adviced me to shun the police and go and report to Civil defence, I will tell you that Nscdc got more Cordination by Far than the Naija Police.

So no be Money matter, na attitude toward work.

Naija Police is a Lost cause and Pumping More Money will simply make it our Own Dreamliner/Vietnam.
i no dey talk about money matter hr,if na to scrap police n leave nscdc,fine-finatically.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
2 many agencies leads to high rate of corruption.Imagine nddc get him own budget plus d facility they build is not up to standard atall.You wil give nddc 1bn 4 a project,but they wil end up givin d contractors of d project 300-500m,at d end of d day d contractors wil give u below standard work...!Can't govt work directly with contractors?Thr wil b more accountability.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by emorse(m): 12:45am On Jul 03, 2013
From what I've been able to pull out, this whole scrapping aims at saving money for use on other developmental projects. But I have a question. What have they done with the SURE-P money? Its been years since the partial subsidy removal and the only thing I've noticed is the green and white paint on 3rd mainland bridge. Well, there could be other things that I'm not aware of. Please enlighten me if there are. If not, why the hell are they trying to save more money? Why are they not cutting their own excesses? In my opinion, these people are just a bunch of greedy individuals hell bent on enriching themselves at the expense of the majority.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by lordnammy(m): 1:16am On Jul 03, 2013
Madam okonje and gej well done, what and how do they intend to manager the staff of the affected agencies
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by docchuks(m): 1:35am On Nov 23, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Ugwuanyi Honours Amankwo Obuno Akpugo With 9 A1s In WAEC / Interior Ministry: The Situation At The Ikoyi Custodial Centre Is Under Control / ADP, LP Win Senate, Reps Rerun Elections In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.