Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,251 members, 7,953,938 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:23 AM

Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies (22062 Views)

Nigerian Govt. Orders Forensic Audit Of NNPC, 80 Other Agencies / Buhari May Sideline EFCC, ICPC In Loot Recovery / Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by ayee123: 10:28am On Jul 02, 2013
What happens to the staff?

1 Like

Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by RedLight1: 10:30am On Jul 02, 2013
that's a plus for jonathan

he should also remove that idiotic larmode ... he is the most useless efcc boss ever
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by ayee123: 10:30am On Jul 02, 2013
What happens to the staffs?
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by chiabuz: 10:31am On Jul 02, 2013
this two efcc and icpc yes it is long overdue but merging dem together will give room for more corrupt pratices
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Gold2NairaCom(m): 10:31am On Jul 02, 2013
Good move, i like it.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by AkinDavid2: 10:33am On Jul 02, 2013
I'm waiting to read from other sources..Premium time news always short on facts.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by sandysprax(m): 10:35am On Jul 02, 2013
This is long overdue. There are still way too many of them to follow. All they do all day at their offices is eat groundnut and criticize Federal Government's style of leadership.

Quick question tho; What is the difference in job specification between the Nigerian police and Civil defense?
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 02, 2013
Dis what as always kum to my mind,sum agencies are really not relevant in nigeria,sum are surplus,sum are just there just to b on payroll,wasting tym and money,thr ar stil many of dem to b scrap or merged.Thr are sum para-military agencies dat is supposed to b scraped out completely,n then finance and expand the nigerian police...!Sum of agencies in dis country are just waste.2many agencies.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by ChefMike(m): 10:38am On Jul 02, 2013
I know we shall get to promise land soonest.Let's be hopeful.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 02, 2013
Gbawe: Good move in theory. Merging the EFCC and ICPC, on paper, should improve efficiency and reduce bureaucracy. Scrapping superfluous and moribund agencies obviously reduces government expenditure. On the face of it, this appears a good and commendable move by the Government.

Photo opp? Well placed too. Old man with some useful old trick. Haha!
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 02, 2013
Baba_O: why not FRSC ?
FRSC is a waste of funds, money spent on FRSC should have been used to increase the strength of Nigeria Police Force if we are not subscribing to state police
exactly my tot.Even dat rubbish dey call "nscdc",instead expand,finance n provide d police wit quality equipments...!If na me i will just concentrate on the nigerian police and state security service..!I wil scrap dat nscdc and expand the fire service.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by silica(m): 10:52am On Jul 02, 2013
ezedolar: Doing the right thing at the wrong Time

Really
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by 5much(m): 10:53am On Jul 02, 2013
A welcome development
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by matil1011: 10:53am On Jul 02, 2013
Ola17:
Truth be told, GEJ's
administration is the most
purposeful and visionary
administration we've had.
Cutting down on unnecessary
government expenditure is a very
good move; more resources will
be available to execute
infrastructural projects.
This guy seems to still keep his
head cool even with the plethora
of negative criticism flying
here and there.:
Hmmmm, seems he's no longer the
Retardeen, Jonathan, Otuoke
drunken fisherman etc as some
people will have me believe

Cutting down the expenses and to increase the existing one's, the best thing am waiting for is just capital punishment for corrupt leaders.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 02, 2013
Just like "nigeria broadcasting commision" and "broadcasting organisation of nigeria",either one is scraped completely or they merge the two.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by talksankey: 11:03am On Jul 02, 2013
jona on point,scrap dem,kill dem,merge dem
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by coolgb(m): 11:06am On Jul 02, 2013
I guess you policemen are only interested in their plate numbers and driver's licence.
FRSC is a waste of funds, money spent on FRSC should have been used to increase the strength of Nigeria Police Force if we are not subscribing to state police
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 02, 2013
I recommend the return to a unicamera parliamentary system and merging of the numerous ministries.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by talksankey: 11:09am On Jul 02, 2013
ayee123: What happens to the staff?
go back up and read again
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by yuncka: 11:10am On Jul 02, 2013
Wow! Dats a gud move.

In other news, three commitees hav bn set up 2 monitor d bondin of EFCC and ICPC.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by coolgb(m): 11:12am On Jul 02, 2013
And who told you the Police Force is short of funds and how do you know the police is more effective than the civil defence, you must be a learner.
Emmadani: exactly my tot.Even dat rubbish dey call "nscdc",instead expand,finance n provide d police wit quality equipments...!If na me i will just concentrate on the nigerian police and state security service..!I wil scrap dat nscdc and expand the fire service.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 02, 2013
coolgb: And who told you the Police Force is short of funds and how do you know the police is more effective than the civil defence, you must be a learner.
i can't ansa sum1 like u,i wil b wasting my tym.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by coolgb(m): 11:25am On Jul 02, 2013
1000 likes
Emmadani: i can't ansa sum1 like u,i wil b wasting my tym.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Melancholy(m): 11:26am On Jul 02, 2013
Don't mind our govt cos scrapping of these agencies is long overdue.Those that benefitted or heads of these agencies might have chopped our money soteeeeeee...only god knows!
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 02, 2013
2day Civil defence wil complain dat d police are intefering in its job,2moro task force wil kum out n say custom pple are intefering in its work.Jonathan pls scrap as many agencies as posible.., just wastin resources nd bringing confusion.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by bot101(m): 11:28am On Jul 02, 2013
Better for everyone
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Eltonluigi(m): 11:33am On Jul 02, 2013
Sometimes I wonder what's the job of the FRSC in our roads, all I see is them duplicating the work of the Police; lurking around on street corners like predators and handling fines to traffic offenders instead of making our roads passable and "safe" maybe by providing road signs and filling those damn pot holes.
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Eltonluigi(m): 11:42am On Jul 02, 2013
sandysprax:

Quick question tho; What is the difference in job specification between the Nigerian police and Civil defense?
The color of their uniforms?
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Anyi3(m): 11:49am On Jul 02, 2013
I didn't even know some of these agencies existed
UCC, NEIC PCC....People actually work here
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Eneze1(f): 11:52am On Jul 02, 2013
take dat: Its a good move provided the recommendations are faithfully implemented as they are designed to cut waste and block leakages in the system as well as reduce bureaucracy. We know that most of these agencies perform overlapping functions as many were mere duplication. The problem now is, how government will address the attendant negative consequence which is job loss. There is no way government will streamline these agencies without downsizing!

Why not also do a pay cut for our fat cow, unproductive political class and not just push more civil servants to join the colony of unemployed Nigerians. Of what good is reducing the cost of governance only for the thieving political elite to fritter away the money saved?

this is well said, if they could do this, Nigerians will applaud them
Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by Ozonna(m): 11:55am On Jul 02, 2013
If you a young civil servant, I suggest you start looking for a business to start or you grab start now to grab prof courses and certs and prepare for life in Ϯh℮ private sector because if GEJ comes back in 2015-2019 many civil servants will lose their jobs. In fact it will be a miracle if 70% of this current workforce are retained btw 2015-2019 (excluding those due for retirement).

I see GEJ implementing Ϯh℮ Orosanya report to Ϯh℮ letter, Ϯh℮ only thing stopping him is his 2015 re-election bid

1 Like

Re: Govt Merges EFCC, ICPC; Scraps BPE, NAPEP, Six Other Agencies by extraflyfineboy(m): 11:56am On Jul 02, 2013
Walexz02: Really?
It will be good for the FG if impleted well. Some of this ministries are not knwn by many Nigerians talkless of knowing what they do.

It is better late than never!!

But make part of the money reach the masses via production of Jobs

Similar to what hapened here http://umehoma..com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus / Video Of Rev Mbaka Asking Nigerians To Vote For Buhari (part1) / Bad State Of The Benin-Lokoja Road At Ekpoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.