Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) (33861 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by nrdgeek: 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2013
omasogood: John Kumuyi should quit with the lies about being abroad for twenty years,unless I'm losing my sanity,we were in the same class in high school in lagos between 1996 & 2001 so I don't know how he arrived at 20years outside Nigeria.back then in school he was very arrogant & cocky because his father was a popular Pastor so I'm not surprised at all this damage control & hypocrisy many years later

Lolz! From what I gather, between the two of them (John and Love Kumuyi), its been twenty years since they both left Naija.
[20years altogether between the two of them]
Political use of English to make it sound ... you know, appreciable. cheesy cheesy
It's the truth but just a convenient one. Lolz! grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 02, 2013
antartica: Hypocrisy of the highest order. They are what Jesus meant when he used the term "trying to cover light with bushels".

Spot on
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
hardleyC: Alryt, we've heard. But can you pls strive to make eternity with Christ rather than being preoccupied with pleasing mortals and in good standind with them.

1000 likes.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
9jafreak: [size=16pt] Are you kidding me? Such Slavery
good God, this is so 13th century Dark Agey!
[/size]

5th century you mean.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2013
Julieccentric:

Exactly!!! Where is Frosbel?

I was working grin

Now in relaxed mode with a large bowl of noodles and fresh water, reviewing and making comments.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
solomon111: I am indeed moved by the sincereity and humility of this man.
Many so-called pastors would have been consumed by pride that they wouldn't even acknowledge the error of their ways in secret let alone before the world.
The beauty of genuine christianity and repentance in action.

You only repent of SIN , they did not SIN.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
ooua: I want to ask, does God's standard vary from country to country. I have always read that he is the same yesterday, today and forever. Man made rules will not take you to heaven. Read the bible and let it be your standard. The couple only wanted to please their dad/father-in-law not God as the apology letter was to him and the chruch leaders. They know they have not offended God from the tone of their letter. I pray that God will open the spiritual eye of the church leadership to all these outward appearance of rightousness.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Bondd: 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2013
Its about time things changed. These doctrines are no longer sustainable. It is high time someone broke it which was just what they did. In all honesty, the couple did absolutely nothing. But the bias and malicious mind of the people and observers will see everything wrong in it even if they had done it in accordance with the doctrine. The couple should have just ignored the whole hullabaloo. I wish them the very best in life. I hope the malicious hypocrites and critics read and watch the text and video over and over again to satisfy their egos

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Tobiustobius: 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
oxygen25: Nonsense and rubbish. Are the members mugus? They mentioned cultural differences, but they never did mention it that they know and are aware of the principles, they said they are sorry, but they forgot that they have caused a lotta damage, have they forgotten that they should be role models to others esp. the members. Now they are tendering a letter of apology, medicine after death. To be candid, it is unacceptable cos u guys achieved your aim. Good for you, but one thing that I know is this: it is called hypocrisy, and God hates it, if you know the principles have changed, tell the members, instead of breaking the rule and apologising later.

Since oga at the top pikin could do this, then others should follow suit. Meanwhile, if john could do this when his father is still alive, what will happen, when he(Kumuyi) is gone?

One last thing is this, God is watching us all in 3D.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by REVOLUTNIS: 8:01pm On Jul 02, 2013
alfa john: For the love of God why are people making a Mountain out of a mole hill, in the first place the marriage did not hold in deeper life, the GS was not there, so why all the hula ba loo about nothing. Are we even sure the boy na member of deeper life, the apology might just be in deference to his father who he caused some headache. the father declined to attend the wedding that speaks volumes. Pls let sleeping dog lie

Oga, take a look of this picture and tell us who is standing here with his wife.
the general superintendent of Deeper life church, in the person of Pastor WF Kumuyi attended the wedding of his son with his wife, Mrs. Esther Kumuyi. the picture will tell the rest of the story. STOP DEFENDING LIES!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by REVOLUTNIS: 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
ooua: I want to ask, does God's standard vary from country to country. I have always read that he is the same yesterday, today and forever. Man made rules will not take you to heaven. Read the bible and let it be your standard. The couple only wanted to please their dad/father-in-law not God as the apology letter was to him and the chruch leaders. They know they have not offended God from the tone of their letter. I pray that God will open the spiritual eye of the church leadership to all these outward appearance of rightousness.

Thank u

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Bondd: 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2013
chizel: Apology my foot,medicine after death.wether they live in the moon or not should not be excuse enough for them to hv gone against the doctrines of the church,this goes to tell us that even there in Jamaica or where ever they were staying,that they are not in any way adhering to the doctrines of the church,as for their suspension,I will advice that it should also be extended to their fathers too for attending the wedding even when they know that their children's action runs contrary to the tenets ad doctrines of the church,and untill that is done,I will stop taking the deeper life and their members serious.
its obvious you're pained. The guy was very smart. Guess what? He has gotten away with everything you are here hating. I guess you have become God for you to start setting the standard for what is wrong and right. Its time you removed the log of wood covering your eyes if not life sef. You're no longer in the midieval era. Come to terms with reality.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Bondd: 8:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
Too many pained church members spiting this innocent couple just because they had guts to do what they could never have done. I guess many of them are looking at their own wedding pictures now with great disdain.loool. Shit happens. Stop hating on them. They applied a great deal of wisdom, something many of you obviously lacked. Next time take your own wedding to Bahamas. The "culture" there is very entertaining of course. N.B: they don't sell white china material in Jamaican markets, else the bride would have spotted one wink

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by touchmeder: 9:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
Can this couple be left alone please. By the way are they deeper life members? Just because he is Kumuyi's son does not mean he (John) should be a deeper life member.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by dustydee: 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
Not necessary IMO

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by adetunjienocht(m): 10:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
You're killing urselves you critics by being making negative comments about them...they've tendered their apology to d church and have also been put on discipline, so its left for u all to go and search your own life and settle it with God if u haven't, because on dat final day u cld see both of dem in heaven and u nt making it...WATCH IT!!![b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by kefmawin: 11:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
I smell foul in this whole discussion.
Even though I do not encourage people to exalt a denomination, I must say that this looks like a calculated attempt to rubbish a church that sincerely follows the word of God to the best of their understanding irrespective of who is hurt. Though we may all have our different views.

This thread was earlier discussed on this link :
https://www.nairaland.com/1341869/pastor-kumuyis-son-apologises-deeper-life/18

Here many comments were made which should have ended this matter. I sense mischief and it seems Nairaland specializes in posing affronts to the ministers of God and the church of the Living God.

Remember you may answer for everything you say or do.
The so-called christians who take delight in all these and bring up threads that encourage others who no nothing about the christian faith to blaspheme should beware as this is not healthy for their spiritual and physical well being.

What is the purpose of bringing up this discussion again after it has been trashed out on the below link? :
https://www.nairaland.com/1341869/pastor-kumuyis-son-apologises-deeper-life/18

Could this be joblessness or calculated attempt to defame a church known for their emphasis on The totality of the word and Holiness without which no man shall see God?

Enough of this absurdity.
The most important thing is for everyone of us to evaluate our personal stand with God. Should you get to the end of your life here on earth where will you spend your eternity?

The one who go to church and still practices sin is doomed (Revelation 21:8,27; Ephesians 5:3-7 ).
The one who is wise will examine himself and where in doubt quickly repent and accept His grace and mercy by putting faith in Christ for real salvation and life transformation.

Be wise friends so that you do not begin to cry for mercy when it is too late. This is the day of salvation. Let the scorners and scoffers continue but time shall tell.

Love you all

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
^^^^^

"For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open." - Luke 8:17
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by dammygoody(m): 11:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
tomakint: Wao, like Pastor Tunde Bakare will always say, "let man be man and God be God" His standard remains the Bible and the counterfeit is the 'Doctrines of Men'! A Pastor, Bishop, Imam, or any highly placed Clergy no matter his or her Spiritual Inclinations must always remember they were human first!
but u shld remember that we were creatd in GOD'S image and dat wen we give our lives to CHRIST,we ar no longer human(flesh)bt spiritual jst lyk JESUS CHRIST showd us.alrite??[b][/b]meawhile UR SALVATION IS D MOST IMPORTANT
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by tpia5: 11:41pm On Jul 02, 2013
he should have put babyosisi's name there, she's one of the most bitter attackers of the bride.

maybe he looks like her yoruba ex-boyfriend?

"the one who got away"
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 02, 2013
tpia@:
he should have put babyosisi's name there, she's one of the most bitter attackers of the bride.

maybe he looks like her yoruba ex-boyfriend?

"the one who got away"

make sense please !!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by tpia5: 12:10am On Jul 03, 2013
^and your name perhaps, since you also like hogging the spotlight.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Ayatullah(m): 12:53am On Jul 03, 2013
So they wed in sweet Jamaica..........they definitely know what they want, I wonder why they are apologizing, can they deny they do not know the church tradition from A to Z? No they cannot. But I want to believe its the lady that want to put the young man in trouble........the worst crime I can say she has committed from her picture is her eye brow positioning, she has repositioned it from where the almighty God has placed it.........such a lady is worldly and very dangerous.......I pity the young man, but Bob Marley has Said it all: NO WOMAN NO CRY. Now that they are apologizing are we going to witness another marriage ceremony all over again? If not, then the whole apology will have no meaning as the pictures and video recordings will forever remain.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by airzzee(m): 3:41am On Jul 03, 2013

and also appealing that any action that should be taken be directed at John and Love, as we take this time to prayerfully reflect on our actions.

We take full responsibility for what happened, and this action should in no way be blamed on the GS, or the leaders of the church in Nigeria, United States, Jamaica or United Kingdom and beyond.

IS THIS A LETTER OF APOLOGY OR A LETTER OF INDEMNITY, ABSOLVING AND EXONERATING DEEPER LIFE FROM BLAME?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by tpia5: 4:26am On Jul 03, 2013
Ayatullah: her eye brow positioning, she has repositioned it from where the almighty God has placed it

Funny post
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by bigpastor(m): 6:47am On Jul 03, 2013
PeeDaVinci: imo, john and love both know what they were doing when they did it. the know right from time that their church's stance on make-ups, clothes etc is no longer tenable in todays world and their wedding granted them the opportunity to make the statement. i d think they are aware that they are going to be punished for what they were doing but decided to be scape goats all the same in order to pave the way and give other pple who share their opinion but are fearful a voice and a reason to be bold. i think they pretty much achieved that.
and btw, i dont think his apology is from his heart, but he was indirectly pressurized to do that because of the love, respect he has for his father
When David sinned against God(Adultery or for counting Israel) there was opportunity to repent. Why criticizing John for repenting.
Don't be a pharisee who won't go into the kingdom and yet prevent those who want to go in.
The suspension is well deserved to prove there's no sacred cow.
I respect the church's leadership style which is in accordance with God's word which forbids respect of persons/discrimination.
The true believer is unchanging in a changing dynamic world. Romans 12:1-3
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by coretechng(m): 6:53am On Jul 03, 2013
chizel: Apology my foot,medicine after death.wether they live in the moon or not should not be excuse enough for them to hv gone against the doctrines of the church,this goes to tell us that even there in Jamaica or where ever they were staying,that they are not in any way adhering to the doctrines of the church,as for their suspension,I will advice that it should also be extended to [b]their fathers too for attending the wedding [/b]even when they know that their children's action runs contrary to the tenets ad doctrines of the church,and untill that is done,I will stop taking the deeper life and their members serious.
If you read the letter of apology,the father did not attend the wedding.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by coastalqueen: 11:08am On Jul 03, 2013
HARDEYLEKE: the both of them are under suspension!! Nice one..my father in d Lord... Pst Kumuyi
smh for you, you sound like a dogmatic man-follower. shame on you
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by coastalqueen: 11:09am On Jul 03, 2013
big pastor:
When David sinned against God(Adultery or for counting Israel) there was opportunity to repent. Why criticizing John for repenting.
Don't be a pharisee who won't go into the kingdom and yet prevent those who want to go in.
The suspension is well deserved to prove there's no sacred cow.
I respect the church's leadership style which is in accordance with God's word which forbids respect of persons/discrimination.
The true believer is unchanging in a changing dynamic world. Romans 12:1-3
And how did john sin please
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by coastalqueen: 11:31am On Jul 03, 2013
Ayatullah: So they wed in sweet Jamaica..........they definitely know what they want, I wonder why they are apologizing, can they deny they do not know the church tradition from A to Z? No they cannot. But I want to believe its the lady that want to put the young man in trouble........the worst crime I can say she has committed from her picture is her eye brow positioning, she has repositioned it from where the almighty God has placed it.........such a lady is worldly and very dangerous.......I pity the young man, but Bob Marley has Said it all: NO WOMAN NO CRY. Now that they are apologizing are we going to witness another marriage ceremony all over again? If not, then the whole apology will have no meaning as the pictures and video recordings will forever remain.
You sound like an uneducated slowpoke. See you blaming the poor lady, have you met her? see your silly comment "repositioning her eyebrow' choi!!!!!!!!!!!! you must be very unrefined, why don't you leave your hair the way it was created and let it grow like that of a wilderness dueller or your nails, why do you cut them? you should leave them that way the way they were created. Woe unto you!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 03, 2013
cry
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text) by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 03, 2013
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bishop Tom Samson Wears Military Outfit To Church (Photos) / Free Hymn For Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG) / TB Joshua Supports Nigerian Returnees From South Africa With N12M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.