Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,392 members, 7,819,403 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Wrong Reasons Why People Marry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wrong Reasons Why People Marry (18101 Views)

Is It True That People Marry Their Type As Husband Or Wife? / Nigerian Princess Featured On 'the Simpsons" For The Wrong Reasons / Do People Marry Someone They Really Don't Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by remecy(f): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2013
Marriage is school for two person where you never graduate from. Admission into the great institue should not include any of the list below PLEASE.

1. Good food. – Sorry, you don’t need a wife to eat good food. House-help or fast food can help.

2. sex – This is part of reason for marriage but should not be the only reason.

3. Solution partner – It is true that you need someone you can pour your heart to at all time. But you need to know that the other person also needs your care. If all you want is only yourself to be heard without considering the other person, then what you need is a counsellor, not a husband or wife.

4. Beauty – Never marry because someone is beautiful or handsome! Beauty fades. Simplicity is the key, however you must be attracted to the person.

5. Money – You may have financial need but marrying someone just because he/she is rich won’t sustain the marriage

6. Pressure -
“I am getting old”, “My friends are all married”, “My family are complaining” – These and many more are the excuses some people marry!. But remember that you are the one that will live with that spouse and not your parents or friends.

7. Spirituality – “He speaks in tongues”, “He attend church regularly!”, we know them by their fruits and not by their being religious.

8. Conversion – I will change him/her after marriage. 99% chances are that he/she will not change after marriage if they didn’t change before marriage.

9. Fantasy – Some just get married because others are married and they don’t want to be left out.

10. Low Self Esteem – Some people feel they would not get someone to marry them, else they quickly rush in with anyone that comes their way, not knowing them to an extent.

17 Likes

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Burger01(m): 3:34pm On Jul 02, 2013
sad

Ok. So, what are not the 'wrong reasons'?

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by kokoye(m): 3:34pm On Jul 02, 2013
Sorry ...but some of these are good reasons as well.

Think about it...and be realistic

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by bioidris: 3:34pm On Jul 02, 2013
GOOD WRITE-UP
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Shadydamsel(f): 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
remecy: Marriage is school for two person where you never graduate from. Admmission into the great institue should not include any of the list below PLEASE.

1. Good food. – Sorry, you don’t need a wife to eat good food. House-help or fast food can help.

3. Solution partner – It is true that you need someone you can pour your heart to at all time. But you need to know that the other person also needs your care. If all you want is only yourself to be heard without considering the other person, then what you need is a counsellor, not a husband or wife.

4. Beauty – Never marry because someone is beautiful or handsome! Beauty fades. Simplicity is the key, however you must be attracted to the person.

5. Money – You may have financial need but marrying someone just because he/she is rich won’t sustain the marriage

6. Pressure -
“I am getting old”, “My friends are all married”, “My family are complaining” – These and many more are the excuses some people marry!. But remember that you are the one that will live with that spouse and not your parents or friends.

7. Spirituality – “He speaks in tongues”, “He attend church regularly!”, we know them by their fruits and not by their being religious.

8. Conversion – I will change him/her after marriage. 99% chances are that he/she will not change after marriage if they didn’t change before marriage.

9. Fantasy – Some just get married because others are married and they don’t want to be left out.

10. Low Self Esteem – Some people feel they would not get someone to marry them, else they quickly rush in with anyone that comes their way, not knowing them to an extent.
we don hear
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Kjking(m): 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nice write up.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
GOD BLESS WHOEVER PUT THIS UP
THERE IS MORE MISERY IN THAN OUTSIDE MARRIAGE
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
I see at least three good reasons
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by VivyGift(f): 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
Na so,,,,
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
May I ask instead, the right reason to marry?
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by eforce: 3:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Neaman(m): 3:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
To have a BOXING BAG...hw abt dat.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by jigawatts(m): 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2013
Funny writeup.... Until I see the 'Right Reasons'.... I COMMENT my RESERVE tongue

1 Like

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by MrsChima(f): 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2013
kokoye: Sorry ...but some of these are good reasons as well.

Think about it...and be realistic

Smh.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by cjokes: 3:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
.........just ur personal opinion not the fact.
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by atine777(m): 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nice post but still needs more. Some ladies are quiet b4 marriage but tiger after they are in. It is better to remain single than to marry someone that will destroy ur love life
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2013
I don't care what y'all think, but I'm getting married for 2, 5, 6 and 9 undecided. If I don't take care of myself, who will?
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by rill: 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by 50calibre(m): 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
This is a long and erroneous list. The true reason why men marry is Food, S*ex and offsprings, the only importance of women.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by kliq(m): 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
*Pressure....hmmm
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
50calibre: This is a long and erroneous list. The true reason why men marry is Food, S*ex and offsprings, the only importance of women.

The only importance of women to cave men like you? Right?
No educated and sensible man will openly reason like this. You ought to be ashamed for displaying this kinda mentality in 2013? Mtchew

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by remecy(f): 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
bioidris: GOOD WRITE-UP
thanks
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by NNAMNSOUDOIDUN(f): 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
Wonderful posts
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by oluwaseunade: 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
all u ve said are good reasons but these are d bad reasons.......to see d unclothedness of your wife, to prevent u from being closed with ladies.. To bath with ur wife ..To kiss her irrespective of her behaviour.. To marry her bcuz she is attractive smart and sociable,
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by remecy(f): 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
K.j king:
Nice write up.
thank you
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by delors(m): 4:07pm On Jul 02, 2013
remecy: Marriage is school for two person where you never graduate from. Admission into the great institue should not include any of the list below PLEASE.

6. Pressure -

Apart from all the aforementioned, what are the wrong reasons people get married?
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Donawoite(m): 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
if i don't marry coz of Solution partner, good food and sex, why will i marry.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by TableLeg(m): 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2013
undecided
Re: Wrong Reasons Why People Marry by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
Good topic!
One should marry when you're absolutely sure you've found someone you love who equally loves you back, and shares, understands, supports your dreams, goals, life style, attributes etc. Someone who totally gets your kinda person and has similar future prospects, wants and all of that.
Funny thing is, as long as you have common sense, you'd certainly sense when you've met 'the one'. smiley
The connection is usually just natural, like there's no faking of feelings and emotions. You laugh at each other's jokes, understand/appreciate each other's sarcasm, wit or humour. Have similar hobbies, etc.
And yes I'm saying this based on experience smiley
You're all welcome smiley

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Change My Name / On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's / He Is Been Accused Wrongly For Stealing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.