Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles (1112 Views)

NFF Pays $2000 Each To Super Eagles Players For Chan Qualification / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by collynzo2(m): 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi has debunked reports quoting him as saying veteran strikers Osaze Odemwingie and Obafemi Martins will be recalled to the national team. Keshi told newsmen in Abuja on Monday that the duo, along with China-based striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni, have already been tried and found unsuitable for the new side he is in the process of building. "I did not say I will bring back Osaze, Martins, Yak and others as reported. I have tried them and we've seen Osaze, Martins, Yakubu and others here, what else do we want to see and what can they give? We just have to move on," Keshi asserted. "I only said I will try to talk to Victor Anichebe again into rescinding his decision to stay away from national team duties. At no time did I say I will bring
back any one of those mentioned," Complete
Sports quotes the former Super Eagles captain as saying. Keshi however revealed that he was willing to travel to Liverpool to see Anichebe, who turned down his invitation for the June World Cup qualifiers and Confederations Cup, if that is what it will take to get his wish. The stories about the recall of the experienced
hitmen were fueled by the anger of fans at the
toothless performances of Nigeria's hitmen: Brown Ideye, Anthony Ujah and Joseph Akpala at the recent Confed Cup. But Keshi had nothing but praise for his players, saying they did well under the tough circumstances that led to tournament. "We criss-crossed continents and arrived late to the competition. I think we did very well under the condition we went there." Keshi observed. |
Very good! He shouldn't make the same mistake with SiaSia.
http://www.africaplays.com/news/entry;12353.html

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by joseph1013: 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nice! All Osaze's godfathers must fail. He is no longer needed in the Eagles.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by hollandis(f): 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
keshi needs to be sacked for this unguarded statement
Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by collynzo2(m): 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
hollandis: keshi needs to be sacked for this unguarded statement
Back to the kitchen miss. It's safer down there.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2013

I still can't find the dislike button. angry

1 Like

Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
joseph1013: Nice! All Osaze's godfathers must fail. He is no longer needed in the Eagles.

As much as I like Osaze and really feel he is a prolific striker. If the coach feels Osaze's pattern won't suit him, why is Keshi's opinion not respected.

Many of us tiki taka fans expected a false 9 formation with Silva and Fabregas in the confed finals. Hence Del Bosque lost disastrously, I guess the Spanish FA should start choosing his squad.

As for Anichebe, if I could reach you, I'll advice you to answer the coach's call. Training sessions with him might help you more than what Moyes did or Martinez your new coach will do
Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by omiobo: 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
I support keshi. He should forget the old cargoes. I don't know why nigerians should be crying like a cow with one testicle. We need new blood.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by Rossikk(m): 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
As for Anichebe, if I could reach you, I'll advice you to answer the coach's call. Training sessions with him might help you more than what Myes did or Martinez your new coach will do..
Don't mind him.. Does he have brain?

1 Like

Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by FBICIA(m): 4:31pm On Jul 02, 2013

Why du ppl just talk like a toddler

1 Like

Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by collynzo2(m): 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2013
I don't even fancy that Anichebe guy too much. If goal scoring is our problem Anichebe isn't much of a soulution if we go by his records for club and country. 1 goal in 11 Appearances for Nigeria, 18 goals in 130 appearances for Everton. Our best goal scorer was IK uche but it seems like he lost his hunger somewhere, I don't really know what his problem is. While Keshi is calling Anichebe he should also call Ezekiel Imoh please. As the saying goes, if you are good enough, you are old enough. Messi was already world's best at Ezekiel's age so his age shouldn't be a problem. We sould be looking forward as Keshi said.
Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by joseph1013: 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
Rossikk: Don't mind him.. Does he have brain?

Anichebe is an i.d.iot. He is trash at club level. The only way he will be sought-after is if he shines in the Eagles and the d.umb guy is ignoring Keshi.

Moyes who stood by him when he was playing nonsense is gone. Martinez will not be that patient. If he continues to score single digit goals, Martinez will not have mercy on him. He will dump him or sell him to England's National League 1.

God knows that I'm not his fan. But if Keshi says he wants to make him a star, he better run and grab the opportunity.

A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
joseph1013:

Anichebe is an i.d.iot. He is trash at club level. The only way he will be sought-after is if he shines in the Eagles and the d.umb guy is ignoring Keshi.

Moyes who stood by him when he was playing nonsense is gone. Martinez will not be that patient. If he continues to score single digit goals, Martinez will not have mercy on him. He will dump him or sell him to England's National League 1.

God knows that I'm not his fan. But if Keshi says he wants to make him a star, he better run and grab the opportunity.

You have served your country. . .
And one unlucky day you pick up a very severe injury while playing for your beloved country and things begin to turn for the worse. You never recover fully as the injury keeps recurring and your career is at the brink of collapse and everyone is forgetting you already. . .

Then guess what?

The same country you were playing for when you picked the injury turns its face away from you and forgets you completely.

If you understand this about Anichebe. . . You wouldn't call him an e-d-iot though.

Dude always remember the bad luck he got while playing for Nigeria. cheesy
Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by sambos994(m): 5:47pm On Jul 02, 2013

Oh, aren't you suppose to be with your Dutch boyfriend? What business do you have commenting here?

1 Like

Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
joseph1013:

is dat why u called him an i.dio.t
Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2013
Boneda: is dat why u called him an i.dio.t

Well he isn't making the smart decision here. Very soon Coach Keshi will groom the striker he is looking for and he won't need Anichebe.
Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by joseph1013: 10:38pm On Jul 02, 2013
breezy047:

You have served your country. . .
And one unlucky day you pick up a very severe injury while playing for your beloved country and things begin to turn for the worse. You never recover fully as the injury keeps recurring and your career is at the brink of collapse and everyone is forgetting you already. . .

Then guess what?

The same country you were playing for when you picked the injury turns its face away from you and forgets you completely.

If you understand this

Boneda: is dat why u called him an i.dio.t

Beats me the way you guys treat these guys as though they are doing the country a favour by playing.

Okay, maybe yes they are, but you need to realize that they are doing themselves a far greater honour. If they all have played in the Confederations' cup and won the trophy, who gets the glory as a history-maker.

Oduamadi who became the first African to score a hat-trick, did he do it for my family?

Sometimes we just need to cut the bull.s.hit and tell it like it is.

Kanu will have given all to get the Nations cup medal given to Nosa Igiebor. JUWON oshaniwa has made history for Nigeria despite playing just one game in South Africa.

Osaze will benefit more if he is recalled back to the Eagles and shines. Right now, West Brom is saying no club has bidded for him and that he will return to training if no club buys him. Dont you think we'd have gotten clubs to sign him if he went and shone at the Confederations cup? Dont we all see what happened btw Odu and Milan after his performance in Brazil?

We gotta look at it from all angles.

Trying to hold the country to ransom becaise of the way a set of people treated you is wrong, especially if you have more to gain playing for the country. The same people who you said treated you bad have apologized. What more doeshe want? Keshi was not involved at that time, so why allow Keshi suffer for the sins of another man?

I repeat it! If Anichebe does not heed Keshi's call, his career might pack up within the next 2 seasons. He is a horrible goalscorer. Stats say so!

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by collynzo2(m): 11:15pm On Jul 02, 2013
joseph1013:

Beats me the way you guys treat these guys as though they are doing the country a favour by playing.

Okay, maybe yes they are, but you need to realize that they are doing themselves a far greater honour. If they all have played in the Confederations' cup and won the trophy, who gets the glory as a history-maker.

Oduamadi who became the first African to score a hat-trick, did he do it for my family?

Kanu will have given all to get the Nations cup medal given to Nosa Igiebor. JUWON oshaniwa has made history for Nigeria despite playing just one game in South Africa.

Osaze will benefit more if he is recalled back to the Eagles and shines. Right now, West Brom is saying no club has bidded for him and that he will return to training if no club buys him. Dont you think we'd have gotten clubs to sign him if he went and shone at the Confederations cup? Dont we all see what happened btw Odu and Milan after his performance in Brazil?

Trying to hold the country to ransom becaise of the way a set of people treated you is wrong, especially if you have more to gain playing for the country. The same people who you said treated you bad have apologized. What more doeshe want? Keshi was not involved at that time, so why allow Keshi suffer for the sins of another man?

I repeat it! If Anichebe does not heed Keshi's call, his career might pack up within the next 2 seasons. He is a horrible goalscorer. Stats say so!
very horrible! With all our strikers fit, he'll be 3rd choice at best.
Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 03, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Well he isn't making the smart decision here. Very soon Coach Keshi will groom the striker he is looking for and he won't need Anichebe.
of course he will groom a striker, but u knw d next tym the team will be meeting is on d last week of august 4 d sept. Qualifier which is crucial, and to be frank with u, non of those strikers dat played in d confed. Can be trusted
Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 03, 2013
joseph1013:

ideye and akpala too are horrible goalscorers for nigeria too, and i dont trust keshi with d kind of strikers he calls up. Even eneramo was bull.s.hit against madagascar
Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 03, 2013
My point is dat keshi needs to have a plan b in place for everything he is doing, emenike and moses are quality players and their return will be a big boost, but what if....they are still match rusty or d injury still reoccures. He didnt have dat in mind dat was why he could not get a replacement for onazi at confed. Same with egwuekwe at afcon who both went d tournament injured.
Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by collynzo2(m): 7:24am On Jul 03, 2013
Boneda: My point is dat keshi needs to have a plan b in place for everything he is doing, emenike and moses are quality players and their return will be a big boost, but what if....they are still match rusty or d injury still reoccures. He didnt have dat in mind dat was why he could not get a replacement for onazi at confed. Same with egwuekwe at afcon who both went d tournament injured.
Yes the issue of Keshi taking injured players to tournaments has to stop, we should have our FULLY fit 23 man squad next time. As for the strikers, who do you think should be in plan B? Please don't mention anyone who has been tried and failed.
Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 03, 2013
collynzo2: Yes the issue of Keshi taking injured players to tournaments has to stop, we should have our FULLY fit 23 man squad next time. As for the strikers, who do you think should be in plan B? Please don't mention anyone who has been tried and failed.
i think imoh ezekiel should be called up (as he cant play 4 belgium until 2016) and he's been scoring goals for standard liege, i think Gambo should also be given another chance as his record with kano pillars is good, likewise Aluko. Also there should quality back up for echiejile and ambrose (maybe adejo in italy or balogun in germany)
Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by collynzo2(m): 10:52am On Jul 03, 2013
Boneda: i think imoh ezekiel should be called up (as he cant play 4 belgium until 2016) and he's been scoring goals for standard liege, i think Gambo should also be given another chance as his record with kano pillars is good, likewise Aluko. Also there should quality back up for echiejile and ambrose (maybe adejo in italy or balogun in germany)
I also think Ezekiel should be called up, Aluko has been injured for the whole year and even when he recovers he'll need some time to get back to full fitness. As for Gambo, I am not judging him based on that performance against Spain as it was a wrong time to get his debut but, he looks too old already, not one for the future.
Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
collynzo2: I also think Ezekiel should be called up, Aluko has been injured for the whole year and even when he recovers he'll need some time to get back to full fitness. As for Gambo, I am not judging him based on that performance against Spain as it was a wrong time to get his debut but, he looks too old already, not one for the future.
Yes, Aluko has been injured for some time now. But for d Youngsters, i cant really say much about them because you might not be able to tell if they will still be active in say 5 years time considering d fact that some of dem dat won d u17 in 2007 and got to d finals in 2009 are no where to be found. So i suggest we use d ones we can at each point in time. The only decent players(both young and old) that i'm aware of right now that might quality to the super eagles have dual nationalities and most fans wont like dem because of d trick sam played on us
Re: Keshi Slams Reports Of Odemwingie's Return To Super Eagles by ersonleads(m): 8:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
shut up nd stp say gabage!!

(1) (Reply)

/ The Real Reason Messi Scored That Free Kick Goal Vs Nigeria!!! / Top 10 Best Goalkeeper In Brazil 2014 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.