Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki (25060 Views)

ENUGU KILLINGS; Charity Begins At Home Not Only In Chibok. Reno Omokri. Picture. / First Cargo Ships Berth At Onitsha Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Acidosis(m): 5:47am On Jul 03, 2013
Lol, I can't stop laughing...

Sometimes we concentrate on "looks" of projects and forget about the possible revenue.

People like eko ile, are only interested in the "look", "beauty", little wonder they insult those they ought to be praising.

The joy of an airport does not lie in the amount spent on construction, the initiators, or the architect BUT the possible revenue and ROI over a short time frame.

Some of those we insult on daily basis are actually those we need to praise..

I don't know if Fashola will make use of that airport if he wants to visit badagry..

I don't know if eko ile will make use of the new airport if he needs to get his weed in Festac.

The men to be worshipped in my own opinion are the visitors, the "tourist centre" (human or not).

This is just a new path way for SCOAN (T.B JOSHUA) visitors. I heard the man attracts more visitors than Jerusalem!

www.nairaland.com/594839/tb-joshua-scoan-now-attracts#8861547

Mind you, he is an 'Ondo man'.

But seriously, eko ile and the likes of other anti-F.G & his fellow tribalists are bunch of digrace and centres of gross embarrasement to this great country!

eko ile is worse than boko haram!

10 Likes

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by rozayx5(m): 6:02am On Jul 03, 2013
hmmm why has tthis thing turned into a political argument undecided undecided

lAGOS governement in collabo with FG , whats all the noise about
oh i see ACN goons hijacked it to start propaganda
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by ektbear: 6:13am On Jul 03, 2013
Lasgidi...so much happening there.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by topazjosh(m): 6:16am On Jul 03, 2013
Eko Ile:

And what giant strides are the folks you mentioned making?

When was the last time they commissioned anything?

What major and visionary projects do they have going on?

Put your money where your mouth is....
mr eko ile,the above mentioned are trying,u need to accept that fact.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by seyron: 6:17am On Jul 03, 2013
gd 1 bh am sur it wil tak mor dn 4yrs..any way..pple who no snd me 4my area naw go l8ta dy cm visitin as ds wil hasten develpmnt arnd awoyaya...lakowe axis
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by naptu2: 6:37am On Jul 03, 2013
We are gradually making progress in decongesting Lagos Island and spreading development across the state. Once upon a time a trip to Marina used to be a trip to hell (traffic jams/congestion), but now some of the businesses at Marina have moved to Victoria Island and Lekki.

Eko Atlantic City is on the way. The Lekki Business District and Free Trade Zone is on the way. The Badagry Port and Energy City is on the way. God bless Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Stiv(m): 6:41am On Jul 03, 2013
CyberG:

Well, apparently the ONLY governors with sense, vision, administrative and leadership potentials are virtually ONLY in the South Western part of Nigeria!

There are 6 States in SW. Am I to believe that Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ogun, and Ondo State Governors have administrative and leadership potentials? (Btw, Edo is not SW)
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by chei: 6:43am On Jul 03, 2013
I have been hearing about this seaport and airport for the past four years. When they start work they should tell, we're tired of seeing blueprints and models.
Its a good project anyway. Projects like these go a long way in bringing the level of unemployment down.
We should also remember the social burdens that comes with projects like these.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Qc1(m): 6:49am On Jul 03, 2013
Nice one! This will make the 4th port in Lagos state ( don't forget Ikorodu sea port).
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 03, 2013
I swear niger delta militants una dey dull,na when FG don turn abuja and lagos to dubai finish b4 una eye go open abi?.And by dat tym oil no go get value again like b4.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by naptu2: 7:06am On Jul 03, 2013
Qc-1:

Nice one! This will make the 4th port in Lagos state ( don't forget Ikorodu sea port).

Port and major jetty facilities in Lagos.

1) Customs Quays (also known as Marina, it is the first port in Lagos).

2) Ijora Wharf (used to supply goods to the mainland in times past. It was also used to supply coal to the electricity plant at Ijora and is now used by Julius Berger to supply goods to their facilities at Ijora).

3) Apapa Port.

4) Tin Can Island Port.

5) Ikorodu Port.

6) Atlas Cove (for supplying petroleum products to Lagos and environs).

On the way

7) Lekki Seaport.

8 ) Badagry Port.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Qc1(m): 7:10am On Jul 03, 2013
CFCfan:

I tell you. That Lekki-Epe corridor will be a major centre for economic activities in the sub-region.

So will be my home-town, Ikorodu.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Qc1(m): 7:14am On Jul 03, 2013
naptu2:

Port and major jetty facilities in Lagos.

1) Customs Quays (also known as Marina, it is the first port in Lagos).

2) Ijora Wharf (used to supply goods to the mainland in times past. It was also used to supply coal to the electricity plant at Ijora and is now used by Julius Berger to supply goods to their facilities at Ijora).

3) Apapa Port.

4) Tin Can Island Port.

5) Ikorodu Port.

6) Atlas Cove (for supplying petroleum products to Lagos and environs).

On the way

7) Lekki Seaport.

8 ) Badagry Port.

Nice, thanks for schooling me....lol

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Qc1(m): 7:16am On Jul 03, 2013
Qc-1:

So will be my home-town, Ikorodu.

I can't believe I said this ^^^^^. I've always claim Quebec, Canada......lol.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by omonnakoda: 7:18am On Jul 03, 2013
This is not a project or investment "collaboration" of Lagos and the FG.

Neither the FG not the State government are contributing a penny.
Lagos is "contributing" the land where the port is being built as its share of equity.
The idea was Lagos State's idea,specifically Tinubu's .Obasanjo vetoed the plan because of personal animosity with Tinubu.

The FG was able to veto the project because the constitution vests authority and control over ports in the FG. No maritime state can built a port without NPA's involvement and or permission that is the law. The FG can simply refuse to send the Customs there and the Port cannot function.
Yet when the port is built ALL custom duties accrue to the FG and not the state.
In order to "give permission" Lagos had to concede EQUAL equity holding when Yar'adua took over.

The FG's contribution is to GIVE PERMISSSION for the project

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by ba7man(m): 7:19am On Jul 03, 2013
Emmadani: I swear niger delta militants una dey dull,na when FG don turn abuja and lagos to dubai finish b4 una eye open.And by dat tym oil no go get value again like b4.
Millitancy and threats of violence scare away investors, not attract them.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by kaze4blues(m): 7:21am On Jul 03, 2013
Kudos to LASG....

Kudos to fashola.....

Gradually, the SW is preparing herself for the inevitable breakup of nigeria.

Some zones in nigeria are only giants by mouth. Always claiming to be what they are not and getting angry @ other people's progress.

But in the sw, we follow our words with actions.

Long live lagos....

Long live the southwestern nigeria
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by omonnakoda: 7:26am On Jul 03, 2013
I can see at least 3 more sea ports built in Lagos in the next 20 years. Why the coast is perfect for container ships in contrast to the Creeks or mangrove of Ogun,Ondo,etc all the way to Cross River.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by ajanaku2(m): 7:36am On Jul 03, 2013
May Ogun bless the Waters of Lagos...

May Osun and Obatala sanctify the Atlantic ocean...

Eko...Ile ar'omisa legbe legbe...

Lagos...Land of aquatic splendour!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court Remands Sowore, Others In Kuje Prison / Explosions In Borno After Jonathan's Visit / Where Did A "Presiding Officer" Get The Money To Acquire 22 Properties From?-APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.