Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law (61551 Views)

2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by olokfor: 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
John Kumuyi, one of the sons of the General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, and his now-wife, Love, were suspended by the leadership of the aforementioned church and banned from carrying out any activity in this church. The decision is grounded by the recent controversy over the couple’s wedding in Jamaica.

It would be recalled that John and Love wedded in Jamaica on 15 June, 2013, only toreceive thousands negative comments from members of the church. Many condemned the wedding gown worn by the wife-to be, also other aspects of the wedding that were at variance with the church’s standards.
Love’s attires turned out to differ from the conventional ones set for Deeper Life members. Lots of people noticed her hair wasn’t “natural” and that she applied lipstick as part of the make-up.

A limousine hired to deliver the couple
to their destination after the wedding, a huge cake that was served at the ceremony were contraryto the church’s tradition.
The church leaders decided to place the coupleon suspension to give them time to pray and seek forgiveness from God for theiraction, following countless comments on social media and by the members of Deeper Life.

John and Love’s suspension from church activities was announced last Saturday, at Deeper Life’s monthly Miracle and Revival Programme, held at the Deeper Life Conference Centre (DLCC), Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. The news was delivered by PastorPhilip Oluwi, a key leader in the church, who obviously was following the instructions from the General Superintendent of the church, Pastor WilliamKumuyi. Oluwi stressed that thestandard of Deeper Life regarding wedding and moderacy had not changed.
“The church, Deeper Life, remains committed to the biblical practice and standard of almost 40 years Christian dressing and still remains and does not compromise on biblical Christian dressing.

“Hence, deviation warrants the displeasure and frown of God and the leadership of the church. John and Love are now under discipline,” Oluwi announced to the entire congregation.

The couple has already apologised to the church for the inappropriate way the wedding was conducted. The letter was readby Oluwi and re-read several times to churchmembers by the Church’s Secretary, Pastor Jerry Asemota. The letter, addressed to the Church Secretary and titled ‘Letter of Apology,’ expressed the deepest regret of the couple for bringing the church into disrepute.

Moreover, further investigation has revealed that John and Love’s wedding was not conducted in a Deeper Life Bible Church. It wasalso not conducted by pastors from the church, as Deeper Life Bible Church in Jamaica has not been licensed by the country’s government to join couples in wedlock, according to the laws of Jamaica.

The wedding was taken to another church where the ministers in the unnamed church conducted the wedding and joined them in holy matrimony.
Deeper Life leaders that came from Nigeria were said to have disapproved of the earlier gown Love was to wear for the wedding, while another was hurriedly sewed the night before the wedding.

Church leaders were said not to have seen the new dress until the couple was marchinginto the church and by then, it was too late to take any action as the wedding was not conducted in a deeper life church

SOURCE- www.metronaija.com/deeper-life-suspends-kumuyis-son-daughter-in-law/

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by mutiply: 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
Medicine after death, but I love the leaders of the church, they acted immediately and took a vital decision on it.

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by nedu2000(m): 7:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nice move my the church!!kudos...keeping to their doctrines without sentiments or compromise

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by slimyem: 8:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mtcheeeeeew. Rubbish!!
Pray and seek forgiveness for doing what?
Na John and Love get time sha. undecided

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
EYE SERVICE is all i see to appease angry church members.

37 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by armyofone(m): 8:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
I wonder!
The Lord is looking at a man's heart not how sad, sober or solemn you look/looked on your wedding day.

slimyem: Mtcheeeeeew. Rubbish!!

Being a lawyer should also be considered worldly right?

Look at how the Oyinbo who brought Christianity to Africa dress to churh, jeans, short and slipper hammering Hillsong like Christ is coming today.
John and his wife get time true true.

5 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Pdizzle(m): 9:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
Na to make honeymoon sweet jor, no disturbance

7 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 02, 2013
slimyem: Mtcheeeeeew. Rubbish!!
honestly things like this suprises me.like my pastor will say start where the bible starts and stop where the bible stops.if you as a christian irrespective of denomination reads your bible well you will not be easily moved by hypocritical man made laws and doctrines.please where in the bible did God say you should not wear lipstick or make your hair look good or wear a particular kind of wedding gown.if there is anything to go by,the bible emphasized on modesty and placing more emphasis on internal beauty and grace.you can look good with a beautiful wedding gown,right make up in simplicity and class,right hair and still be modest and as for jwelries let them continue deceiving themselves.the private jet or commercial plane that their members enter,no be steel they take make am,some of the architectural design,no be steel,some bibles,no be steel.abi where in the bible did jesus state categorically that thou shall not wear earing and necklace.smh

25 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
Pdizzle: Na to make honeymoon sweet jor, no disturbance
lol i thought they will say honeymoon is ungodly and emanates from satan because na everything dey ungodly to them

5 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by AbuMikey(m): 9:57pm On Jul 02, 2013
As much as I am christian,but doing this to a couple because they did their marriage the way the want it so as to feel happy/satisfied is arrant
[size=32pt]Rubbish!!![/size]

5 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by baby124: 9:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
What about both parents of the couple that were present and not looking solemn at the wedding? Fo rthe parents to be there on that day snapping picture and smiling means they have to be suspended too. oops. Kumuyi started the church. undecided. WASH

14 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by omanifrank(m): 9:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
na wa oh
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by oboy3(m): 10:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
When a person is delusional,it is called Insanity
when people are delusional,it is called religion

47 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
What's the meaning of all this? Must they show themselvs this way? Does this make them perfectly holy in the sight of the lord? I mean liars, fornicators/adulterers, thieves and so many other sinful humans are among members of this congregation and yet they act holier than thou. Why dont they remove th scar from thier own eyes first?

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by apoti(m): 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2013
they are taking this thing too far jare.
I'm getting bored already

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
careytommy:
EYE SERVICE is all i see to appease angry church members.
true.because i wonder if it is church members that will dictate how you will dress on your own wedding day o.i didnt know they dictate the kind of gown a bride will wear with her own money.the level of hypocrisy is mind boggling.by the way i didnt see bridal train in the wedding.no liitle bride,no flower girl,no page boy,no grooms men and confetti ladies.anyway to each his own

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by AbuMikey(m): 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
Sometimes,the way pastors or churching council dey carry matter for head dey always taya me!!! MtcheWw
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by phemmy88(m): 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
lolz.......funny

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by 3kay945(m): 10:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
Just strolling by......
by the way, what is there to discuss about this matter? Is this as a result of idleness of the black race or what? While the white are busy inventing new stuffs everyday....we are thrashing thrash.

6 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Bryancrox(m): 10:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
Wat a deeper way of living life,no woner is called deeper life

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by dayokanu(m): 10:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
I no fit shout
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by cold(m): 10:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
Goodness gracious!See bondage abeg.Religion,religion,religion!

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Lordwize(m): 10:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hmmmmm
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by mu2sa2: 10:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
No one is compelled to stay in a church. But if u choose to belong to a church u should abide by the church`s rules.

25 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by DeeperdanNY: 10:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
How come Deeperlife palava don become your headache. If Deeperlife Church discipline Deeperlife children who call you to be a judge and officiating minister wey you come dey quote Bible. Look for your own congregation now and leave us out of your business abi na by force dem dey make friend.

5 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by purposeDiva: 10:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
D suspension is for Ђδω long? Cos if I'm their member, I'll also do mine Đa̶̲̥̅̊τ̲̅ way aπϑ face suspension later. Lol

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by SisiKill1: 10:11pm On Jul 02, 2013
Errr....Seek forgiveness for what?

Who did they kill? Who did they steal from? Who did they lay false claims against?

Again, seek forgiveness for what exactly?!!!!!

The church has just taken this to a whole other never thought it could ever be achieved level of STUPID!!

Eejits....the lot of them.

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by rodeo0070(m): 10:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
CAPITAL EYESERVICE. SCIENTIFIC HYPOCRITES...

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by zuma4k(m): 10:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
Wow..... Too bad

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Hourglass4real: 10:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
Members don't be fooled,I suggest u all start doing d same thing. Mak ur weddng beautiful,wear nice gown and light make-up as she did, apologize latr... D GO ws present@ dat weddng,he lined up,snapd pictures... Al dis ones they r saying now is story. Instead of them abolishing d useless rule aftr wht happend,they r busy making sure no one else follows his son's nd DL footsteps. Hypocrisy

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Man Donates His Family House To Christ Embassy, Family About To Be Thrown Out / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. / Godwin Ebuka Ebenezer: Best Graduating Student Of NPA Salutes God Of Chosen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.