Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader (33615 Views)

Buhari, Nigeria's President-Elect's Convoy (Photo) / MUHAMMADU BUHARI, Nigeria’s Strictest Leader... Photos And Video / Buhari, Nigeria’s Strictest Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 03, 2013
Obiagelli:
I take very strong exception to the use of the word revisionism, i only stated my views on the man, do not paint a picture of Marxism here. Please be informed

The kind of historical revisionism I have in mind has absolutely nothing to do with Marxism, trust me.
Do you think it is for nothing that certain prominent commentators on NL have stayed clear of this discussion thread?

Let me spell it out; the simple and yet inconvenient truth is, while they recognise Buhari's inalienable right to seek electoral office, they also know all too well that publicly declaring support for him amounts to an abnegation of principles. Such is the perennial dilemma. grin

As I admitted earlier, I recognise that Buhari does have certain strengths which appeal to a section of the population.
What I quibble, however, is your nauseating deification of his 'inordinate abilities' that clearly belies some of his known antecedents.

Let's tell ourselves the truth a young and naive guy can't turn around this nation just yet
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
Obiagelli:
If you are talking about right judgement then buhari has it, inflation rate was lowered by more than 18 points, from 23.2% in
1983 to 5.5% in 1985!

Just listen to urself ; Infact u lots that support ''Progressives'' are not helping matters because it seems U believed in Individual than Nigeria's (National ) Orientation !!!

So,the fact that Buhari reduced Inflation about 30years ago should be the ultimate for his mandate as Presidential Candidate !!!

And how did you conclude ur analysis on young Dudes like Ribadu;Elrufai;fashola;Oshiomole;Rochas Okorocha;Ezekwesili;Akunyili; among many others Would never be able to turn Nigeria around for the Best BUT only GenBuhari !!!

What has Buhari achieved that Ribadu/Elrufai has not surpassed even as mere cabinet member !!!

I don't really care about Buhari's achievement/woes of the 80s BUT one thing is certain If ''progressives'' really care about Salvaging the remnant of Nigeria from this parasitic Do/Die element of a Party ,They better not (FIELD) Recycle an Old Goon of the 80s who will be hell bent on retaliatory mission of correcting 80s Errors in 80s style during this new Era of democracy ''Fourth Republic''

Also,Recycling GenBuhari would not give Nigerians,appropriate National Orientation needed to move to the next level of Nation Building which should be the priority of really concerned new Party!!!

This is about Nigeria; we need Young,Fresh,Energetic,ambitious men who are free from the dirty politics of 80s !!!
Tshd be a New-Nigeria; New Era ; New Men !!!

Recycled Khaki men should sit down,watch and provide [/b]invaluable Logistics[b] when Necessary !!!

God Bless Nigeria,This is the Only Country we Have !!!

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
donroxy: Just listen to urself ; Infact u lots that support ''Progressives'' are not helping matters because it seems U believed in Individual[b] than Nigeria's Orientation !!!

So,the fact that Buhari reduced Inflation about 30years ago should be the ultimate for his mandate as Presidential Candidate !!!

And how did you conclude ur analysis on youngDudes like [b]Ribadu;Elrufai;fashola;Oshiomole;Rochas Okorocha;Ezekwesili;''Akunyili''; among many others
Would never be able to turn Nigeria around for the Best BUT only GenBuhari !!!

What has Buhari achieved that Ribadu/Elrufai has not surpassed even as mere cabinet member !!!

I don't really care about Buhari's achievement/woes of the 80s BUT one thing is certain If ''progressives'' really care about Salvaging the remnant of Nigeria from this parasitic Do/Die element of a Party They better not (FIELD) Recycle an Old Goon of the 80s who will be hell bent on retaliatory mission of correcting 80s Errors in 80s style during this new Era of democracy ''Fourth Republic''

Also,Recycling GenBuhari would not give Nigerians, from progressives,appropriate National Orientation needed to move to the nextlevel !!!

This is about Nigeria; we need Young,Fresh,Energetic,ambitious men who are free from the dirty politics of 80s !!!

Recycled Khaki men should sit down,watch and provide [/b]invaluable Logistics[b] when Necessary !!!

God Bless Nigeria !!!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -- George Santayana
We have traveled down this road before with Obasanjo.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2013
eGuerrilla:

The kind of historical revisionism I have in mind has absolutely nothing to do with Marxism, trust me.
Do you think it is for nothing that certain prominent commentators on NL have stayed clear of this discussion thread?

Let me spell it out; the simple and yet inconvenient truth is, while they recognise Buhari's inalienable right to seek electoral office, they also know all too well that publicly declaring support for him amounts to an abnegation of principles. Such is the perennial dilemma. grin

As I admitted earlier, I recognise that Buhari does have certain strengths which appeal to a section of the population.
What I quibble, however, is your nauseating deification of his 'inordinate abilities' that clearly belies some of his known antecedents.

Noted

But still you can't deny the cabal holding this nation to ransom, the very powerful Crooks are very much alive n active. I tell you gej or any young gun dare not challenge this lot.

Take for instance Jerry Rawlins and how he was able to turn around the fortunes Ghana (I am not referring to the massacre) but he was able to look anyone in the face and tell him what's wrong.

You might hate the dude but you can't dispute resolution and achievements.

Mind you I was very much around during his reign, the dude ain't perfect but in my opinion, he's what nigeria needs.

Someone has to clear the rubbish before we talk of foundation and building. Ask yourself why corruption is at its peak today? Why lawlessness is the order of the day.

Go ask people with privy information and they tell you how aso rock has lost it.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
donroxy:

Just listen to urself ; Infact u lots that support ''Progressives'' are not helping matters because it seems U believed in Individual than Nigeria's (National ) Orientation !!!

And how did you conclude ur analysis on young Dudes like Ribadu;Elrufai;fashola;Oshiomole;Rochas Okorocha;Ezekwesili;Akunyili; among many others Would never be able to turn Nigeria around for the Best BUT only GenBuhari !!!

I don't really care about Buhari's achievement/woes of the 80s BUT one thing is certain If ''progressives'' really care about Salvaging the remnant of Nigeria from this parasitic Do/Die element of a Party ,They better not (FIELD) Recycle an Old Goon of the 80s who will be hell bent on retaliatory mission of correcting 80s Errors in 80s style during this new Era of democracy ''Fourth Republic''

Also,Recycling GenBuhari would not give Nigerians,appropriate National Orientation needed to move to the next level of Nation Building which should be the priority of really concerned new Party!!!

Gej is young and energetic but how has he been able to turn nigeria around for almost 5yrs in office. Go and read history of damaged nations like ours, how Ghana, India, Brazil, Malaysia, China turned their country around and tell me how much experience and patriotism they required
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2013
donroxy:

Gej is young and energetic but how has he been able to turn nigeria around for almost 5yrs in office. Go and read history of damaged nations like ours, how Ghana, India, Brazil, Malaysia, China turned their country around and tell me how much experience and patriotism they required

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by jjcbuthot: 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
Abiyamọ: (Wait. Before you start, can I have your attention for a minute, please? This is a time when the Nigerian nation is deeply polarized between Buhari and GEJ camps and their fans are ready to insult or call anyone unprintable names. I am not for either, so do not get it twisted thinking this piece is pro- or anti- whoever. This piece is mainly a story of the life of General Buhari as one of .com's series on Nigeria's leaders. This clarification has to be made because there are some readers who may be harbouring some funny thoughts. I write it as it is. Don't waste your time labelling me as pro-Lagbaja or anti-Lakasegbe, I don't have time for that. I am not impressed by any of our so-called politicians. So please, read this with an open mind and your contributions will be warmly appreciated. Thank you. ™ )

It is a waste of time asking an Igbo man to read with an open mind... How is that possible? You want to transfuse a different gene into their blood stream?

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2013
Obiagelli:
Noted

But still you can't deny the cabal holding this nation to ransom, the very powerful Crooks are very much alive n active. I tell you gej or any young gun dare not challenge this lot.

Take for instance Jerry Rawlins and how he was able to turn around the fortunes Ghana (I am not referring to the massacre) but he was able to look anyone in the face and tell him what's wrong.

You might hate the dude but you can't dispute resolution and achievements.

Mind you I was very much around during his reign, the dude ain't perfect but in my opinion, he's what nigeria needs.

Someone has to clear the rubbish before we talk of foundation and building. Ask yourself why corruption is at its peak today? Why lawlessness is the order of the day.

Go ask people with privy information and they tell you how aso rock has lost it.

I am only fulfilling my civic duties here, I don't hate Buhari.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
eGuerrilla:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -- George Santayana

What was obasanjo's stance and antecedence on corruption,

Who were those that installed obasanjo, is it not the same corruption cabal, did obasanja not do their bidding?

And if age is your criteria rather than antecedence, how is gej fairing?

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
Obiagelli:
What was obasanjo's stance and antecedence on corruption,

Who were those that installed obasanjo, is it not the same corruption cabal, did obasanja not do their bidding?

And if age is your criteria rather than antecedence, how is gej fairing?

Go back and read my very first post on this discussion thread to see where I stand.
Right now, you are clutching at straws, by abscribing views that I have not expressed
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Don't mind them !!!

Tis not as if I detaste Buhari ; All I want is Him backing-Up one of these younger dudes who have proven in their various capacities they could do it !!!

No be by force make ihm be Bukhari na !!!
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Maidoki14(m): 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
Ar u ok with d clueless fisherman as d president?
donroxy: I like GenBuhari but I don't want him as PRESIDENT

I'm tired of old goon but freshmen !!!!

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
eGuerrilla:

I am only fulfilling my civic duties here, I don't hate Buhari.
Great, civic duties entails analysing and a naming the best man for the job,

My question for you, since we both agree on civic duties

Nigeria's major problems corruption, health care, power, security across the nation, foreign policy, education and food security. How is gej fairing? Would buhari do a better job (antecedence), please give us your own candidate if non of them can't

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Go back and read my very first post on this discussion thread to see where I stand.
Right now, you are clutching at straws, by abscribing views that I have not expressed
I see no straws here, you mention obasanjo to counter my comment on experience and gave you gej as a reason why such experience is needed
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 03, 2013
Obiagelli:
Great, civic duties entails analysing and a naming the best man for the job,

My question for you, since we both agree on civic duties

Nigeria's major problems corruption, health care, power, security across the nation, foreign policy, education and food security. How is gej fairing? Would buhari do a better job (antecedence), please give us your own candidate if non of them can't

It is possible to hold more than one view at a time, you know.
Let me be abundantly clear, GEJ's lackluster administration actually provides the opposition with the right conditions to engender groundswell change. Yes, I said it. As bad as it seems, this period affords Nigerians an opportunity to get better organised and seek edifying alternatives. Now as a student of history, ask yourself this - did militician Obasanjo allow the same conditions to fester despite adorning the robes of a democrat? Would Buhari who previous rule was characterised by the imposition of a command-structured society be tolerant of opposing views?

You are not addressing someone wet behind the ears here, so please try to marshal better arguments.

That I reject Buhari's candidature does not signal wholesale acceptance of GEJ. If you have not been able to discern that much, I would be wasting my time by responding to any more of your posts.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
Obiagelli:

That is some other problems with some Nigerians cuz we are quick at comparison GEJ/Buhari ; Nigeria/Ghana !!!

For the fact something worked for Ghana Economic/Political Scenario it doesn't mean tis gonna work for Us !!!

Ghana killed their leaders ,it resulted to Good Governance , we killed our leaders safe Zik it resulted to Balkanisation !!! Till today 1966 coup and 1967-1970 massacre has always been fresh !!!

We really need to start looking inwardly and evolve appropriate National Orientation in order to solve our woes !!!

What do u think is the problem of PDP ? Simple answer is ; It was a party of Old goons of 2nd Republic; The members are those who played second /third republic politics and I do not need to tell U what transpired of NIGERIA in second/third republic !!!

Therefore, New Party if they are serious about Project Nigeria should use New-Generation of Nigeria to compete with Old Goons of ''VDP'' (Infact I shd be paid for this expos sef grin but in d spirit of patriotism sha) and lets see what will happened !!

As for GEJ, ahahaha Oby U re funny and I believed U would never carry Buhari over ur shoulder like this if he is a member of PDP !!!

Political Party is greater than the Individual member of the party therefore GEJ is only executing PDP's agenda/manifestoes (which is normal) should Jonathan be in APC,it ''might'' not be this way !!!

So ,OBY ::::::::: Recycling Khaki men not gonna bring our desired development !!!

Young men should quickly be empowered in the new Parry,Trust me,Buhari is good to Observe and provide Logistics !!!

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
Maidoki14: Ar u ok with d clueless fisherman as d president?
NO, man !!!
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2013
eGuerrilla:

It is possible to hold more than one view at a time, you know.
Let me be abundantly clear, GEJ's lackluster administration actually provides the opposition with the right conditions to engender groundswell change. Yes, I said it. As bad as it seems, this period affords Nigerians an opportunity to get better organised and seek edifying alternatives. Now as a student of history, ask yourself this - did militician Obasanjo allow the same conditions to fester despite adorning the robes of a democrat? Would Buhari who previous rule was characterised by the imposition of a command-structured society be tolerant of opposing views?

You are not addressing someone wet behind the ears here, so please try to marshal better arguments.

That I reject Buhari's candidature does not signal wholesale acceptance of GEJ. If you have not been able to discern that much, I would be wasting my time by responding to any more of your posts.

I never called you a gej supporter in any of my post, I only mentioned gej to defeat your age argument.

As regards Buhari's tolerance with opposition, we can only speculate but his stance on corruption and antecedence in economic and physical performance his enough to prepare a foundation for true democracy not the crap we have got now.

Btw you didn't answer my previous questions
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
Obiagelli:

I never called you a gej supporter in any of my post, I only mentioned gej to defeat your age argument.

As regards Buhari's tolerance with opposition, we can only speculate but his stance on corruption and antecedence in economic and physical performance his enough to prepare a foundation for true democracy not the crap we have got now.

Btw you didn't answer my previous questions

First off, I never advanced any age argument. Why would I, when I know university Professors in their late 70s.

Secondly, my answer to your question is implied in all my earlier posts - we need to find better alternatives.

In relation your last point, it will amount to a betrayal of my generation if I were to speculate about the character of a man with known antecedents.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 03, 2013
donroxy:

That is some other problems with some Nigerians cuz we are quick at comparison GEJ/Buhari ; Nigeria/Ghana !!!

For the fact something worked for Ghana Economic/Political Scenario it doesn't mean tis gonna work for Us !!!

Ghana killed their leaders ,it resulted to Good Governance , we killed our leaders safe Zik it resulted to Balkanisation !!! Till today 1966 coup and 1967-1970 massacre has always been fresh !!!

We really need to start looking inwardly and evolve appropriate National Orientation in order to solve our woes !!!

What do u think is the problem of PDP ? Simple answer is ; It was a party of Old goons of 2nd Republic; The members are those who played second /third republic politics and I do not need to tell U what transpired of NIGERIA in second/third republic !!!

Therefore, New Party if they are serious about Project Nigeria should use New-Generation of Nigeria to compete with Old Goons of ''VDP'' (Infact I shd be paid for this expos sef grin but in d spirit of patriotism sha) and lets see what will happened !!

As for GEJ, ahahaha Oby U re funny and I believed U would never carry Buhari over ur shoulder like this if he is a member of PDP !!!

Political Party is greater than the Individual member of the party therefore GEJ is only executing PDP's agenda/manifestoes (which is normal) should Jonathan be in APC,it ''might'' not be this way !!!

So ,OBY ::::::::: Recycling Khaki men not gonna bring our desired development !!!

Young men should quickly be empowered in the new Parry,Trust me,Buhari is good to Observe and provide Logistics !!!

You agree with me that Buhari's experience is needed, if he supports a younger guy that great so long as corruption is defeated without fear or favor.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 03, 2013
eGuerrilla:

First off, I never advanced any age argument. Why would I, when I know university Professors in their late 70s.

Secondly, my answer to your question is implied in all my earlier posts - we need to find better alternatives.
If you say better alternatives, i can't change your views but for me antecedence is very important, we ended up with gej in our quest for FreshAir and better alternatives
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
Obiagelli:
If you say better alternatives, i can't change your views but for me antecedence is very important, we ended up with gej in our quest for FreshAir and better alternatives

The problem here is that, much like every other Buharite on NL, dogmatism prevents you from engaging with a different set of arguments. At each and every turn, you throw up the limitations of GEJ, as if this alone is what qualifies him (Buhari) as a credible candidate. To me, this reeks of intellectual laziness and also paucity of thought.

TWO former heads of state and a military president yesterday rose in stout defence of their late colleague, Gen. Sani Abacha.

The former rulers are Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar, and Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, who served in the Abacha regime as chairman of the defunct Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) declared that there was no basis for accusing Abacha of corruption.

Buhari's successor, who styled himself as military president, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida and Abubakar also spoke in the same vein.

The Generals spoke yesterday in Kano barely a week after Abacha's widow, Mrs. Maryam, said there was no basis for accusing her husband of corruption.

According to Buhari: "All the allegations levelled against the personality of the late Gen. Sani Abacha will remain allegations. It is 10 years now, things should be over by now."

He added that rather than maligning Abacha, the late ruler deserved to be praised for initiating developmental ideas that moved the country forward.

Buhari, who was the presidential candidate of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) in the 2007 polls said: "When Gen. Sani Abacha came into power, he did four major things, which Nigerians will continue to remember him for." "He came up with the idea of incorporating state governors into the National Council of State, he set up a tribunal to check unethical practices by banks and he also set up the Petroleum Trust Fund, which every Nigerian benefitted from its activities."

Buhari said the PTF ensured hundreds of roads, medical and educational facilities were constructed across the country.

He spoke with reporters in Kano at the 10th anniversary prayer session for Abacha. According to him, Nigerians are still reaping the fruits of PTF till date.

Also at the event, Babangida described Mrs. Maryam Abacha as a courageous woman, adding that the allegations levelled against the former head of state were unfounded and baseless.

He said: "It is not true that he looted public treasury, I knew who Abacha was because I was close to him."

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by jjcbuthot: 5:35pm On Jul 03, 2013
eGuerrilla:

The problem here is that, much like every other Buharite on NL, dogmatism prevents you from engaging with a different set of arguments. At each and every turn, you throw up the limitations of GEJ, as if this alone is what qualifies him (Buhari) as a credible candidate. To me, this reeks of intellectual laziness and also paucity of thought.

Why not just give us alternatives and give analysis of why you think they can do better? However, dont talk about age of the contestants as age of previous leaders as not been the cause of our many problems. Start from where we are today, how we got there, what we need to do differently and the profile of people that fit the change we require.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2013
jjcbuthot:

Why not just give us alternatives and give analysis of why you think they can do better? However, dont talk about age of the contestants as age of previous leaders as not been the cause of our many problems. Start from where we are today, how we got there, what we need to do differently and the profile of people that fit the change we require.
Bless you, i was lost his last post, how do i Make comparison if not with the current president
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
Lagos - A former military ruler of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, has called for the introduction of 'total' Islamic law across the country, reports said on Monday.

Buhari, who ruled Nigeria from a coup in December 1983 to his ouster in 1985, told a seminar in Kaduna, northern Nigeria, at the weekend that the strict Islamic law code known as the Sharia should be introduced in full across Nigeria.

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said.

Northern Nigeria is mainly Muslim but southern Nigeria is mainly Christian and has led criticism of the introduction of Islamic law in a dozen northern states in the past 18 months.

Source
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by jjcbuthot: 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source

Cheap unintelligent propaganda...

Who would have stopped him while he was head of state if he was so desperate about making Nigeria an Islamic state? A man who headed a government that stopped the funding of pilgrimage - this policy affected Muslims than xtians.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2013
jjcbuthot:

It is only a simpleton that would allow himself to be boxed into a corner by those who refuse to elevate the level of discourse. As I have already given plenty of reasons why Buhari is not an ideal candidate, I would leave it up to well meaning Nigerians to "seize time".
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2013
jjcbuthot:

Cheap unintelligent propaganda...

Who would have stopped him while he was head of state he was so desperate about making Nigeria an Islamic state? A man who headed a government that stopped the funding of pilgrimage - this policy affected Muslims than xtians.

Were those Buhari's words or not? It is a simple question.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 03, 2013
eGuerrilla:

I do not seem to understand what point you are driving, if it's the man's personal opinion on abacha, everyone has an opinion, abacha as much as I hate him is well celebrated in ebonyi state for instance

And if it's PTF your are discussing I can tell you every region benefited from it, i rode in ptf school buses in the university, I received lectures in ptf built halls and i still drive on ptf roads.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
Obiagelli:

I do not seem to understand what point you are driving, if it's the man's personal opinion on abacha, everyone has an opinion, abacha as much as I hate him is well celebrated in ebonyi state for instance

And if it's PTF your are discussing I can tell you every region benefited from it, i rode in ptf school buses in the university, I received lectures in ptf built halls and i still drive on ptf roads.

In my school of thought, it is called a poor judgment.
It gives more than a bird's eye view into the character of the man.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Were does Buhari's words or not? It is a simple question.

If religious propaganda is what you are driving at then I must has wasted effort in trying to debate you.

A man that did not impose sharia while he had military powers, idiagbo a Christian was his deputy, tunde bakare a pastor was his running mate

Buhari stop state sponsored pilgrimage to Mecca.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 03, 2013
Obiagelli:
If religious propaganda is what you are driving at then I must has wasted effort in trying to debate you.

A man that did not impose sharia while he had military powers, idiagbo a Christian was his deputy, tunde bakare a pastor was his running mate

Buhari stop state sponsored pilgrimage to Mecca.

What religious propaganda? I give you recent antecedents and all you do is throw crockery all over the place?
Isn't this confirmation of the dogmatic approach you've adopted in this debate hitherto?

You may also recall that I say this much in my very first post:

I am convinced that if Buhari's regime had lasted any more than the 2 years it did, Nigerians would have experienced a tyranny far worse than that of Abacha's. It should come as no surprise that he does not even acknowledge the excesses nor the wanton corruption which characterised the later regime.

I meant every word.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

INEC Office In Kogi Burnt Down - Photo / President Buhari States Reason Why He Was Removed From Office In 1985 / Kemi Adeosun Appointed By UN Into UNJSPF Investments Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.