Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader (33613 Views)

Buhari, Nigeria's President-Elect's Convoy (Photo) / MUHAMMADU BUHARI, Nigeria’s Strictest Leader... Photos And Video / Buhari, Nigeria’s Strictest Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Billionaires: 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2013
Yes, Buhari was a STRICT LEADER: The Title "Leader" reminds me of Gaddafi, it also reminds me of Yassar Arafat, it reminds me of Assad, It reminds me of Saddam Hussein, it reminds me of Mubarak, it reminds me of Abacha and it also reminds me of General Buhari who took over power from A DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT OF SHAGARI.

The Generation of LEADER(ship) is FAR GONE and BURIED. Buhari's credentials as a semi-educated, Boko Haram supporting, Hausa accented, and endemically Islamic personae CAN NOT and WILL NOT move Nigeria AN INCH towards 21 CENTURY IDEALISM.

Only the kids of 1990s who have zero knowledge of the Military Era but with shallow knowledge read from internet will welcome this man called Buhari.

I remember this man, sending his soldiers into the market and forcing traders to sell their Garri and rice below the cost price while he lives in Dodan Barracks palatial mansions with a widening tooth-gap smiling like a palmwine tapper who just caught a bee in his calabash.

Join the FRESH AIR CREW for a FRESHER NIGERIA, WHERE THE YOUTH CAN BECOME LEADERS, NOT A COUNTRY WHERE THE AGED WILL NOT GIVE CHANCE TO THE FRESH GENERATION.

3 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
Oby , Seun has answered ur prayer ooo !!!

Now on FP !!!

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by IleIfe2(m): 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
General Buhari is either cognitively on the slow side or outrightly arrogant (him, his aides and close associates). either way efff him. how can someone campaign in Yola and expect to win election in Ilesha or Enugu. Who the hell does he think he is?
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by ChainBlinger: 1:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
berem: BUHARI, THE GENERALS' GENERAL! cool

DUFF MY HAT FOR YOU SIR!! wink

SAI BUHARI 2015! cheesy
My President 2015 to 2019... The Generals' General indeed!

Haters, you know what to do.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by AbuMikey(m): 1:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
Buhari might be strict but he isn't the only leader in Nigeria with that quality but he certainly is the most undemocratic.

He imprisoned Fela Kuti for condemning his government using false premise.

I can't help but imagine what will happen if we are unreasonable enough to make him a civilian president. I mean imagine the number of times GEJ has been out rightly condemned and insulted; if that was Buhari, I pity a whole lot of us.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
Buhari's reasoning is warped and uncharitable. He does not even pretend to love Nigeria. With all due respect, Buhari is a divisive character. Something must be wrong with anybody who justifies the murder of innocent people- the old, young, children and even infants and billions of naira worth of properties. If Buhari loved Nigeria, he would not seek to ethnicise or justify the activities of Bko Haram(something the west, whole world condemns). Yet, this man desperately, very desperately, wants to be our president. Shame on Buhari's supporters. May God split Nigeria if he becomes a civilian president while he is alive.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by howfarwhatagwan: 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
For all those calling him a terrorist can you provide the evidence? If it is so evident that he supports terrorist let our present competent president and his colleagues bring him to justice now. Naija we are kings at hurling accusations at people and most of the time without any facts whatsoever.

I heard however that during his regime he was really strict and Nigerians were disciplined. For me sha he is too old so he should go and rest and forget about ruling this country they enjoyed this country but are now watching it decay. As for GEJ I'm sorry I am yet to see or benefit from any meaningful achievement so please both men will receive absolutely no support from me in 2015. If they want to rig they can go ahead but I will not be swayed by tribal and religious sentiments. I will only support any man I identify has the passion to move Nigeria forward whether he is from south, west, north or east, Christian or muslim and I have my checklist of what I tag as moving Nigeria forward so will be watching.

My father will tell you that Nigeria changed drastically from Good to Worse starting in 1986 (you know who was in power now) he says he cannot believe where we are now.

Anyways nice write up by the way, I usually don't have the patience to read their biographies or history but you made it interesting.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Orikinla(m): 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ranka dede poster.
So, Oga Buhari saw nothing wrong in toasting a small 14 year old girl and must have romanced her before hammering her when she turned 18 year old chikito. grin
THAT MEANS SAY I STRICT PASS OGA BUHARI O, BECAUSE I AM NOT INTO CHILD ABUSE OF ANY GIRL-CHILD LIKE HIM WITH HIS BIG SOJA PRICK.

Aisha was permitted by her mallam papa to see me when she was only 14, but I drove her away.
And when one 18 year old chikito from Nairaland begged me to hammer her and I did it for four hours with her screaming my name, I later totally na-ked on my knees begged God to forgive me whilst she was smirking (naughty Akwa Ibom girl) and waiting for more rounds before I escaped from Calabar. grin

ORIKINLA IS STRICTER THAN NIGERIA'S STRICTEST LEADER SO FAR. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by frankyychiji(f): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
Abiyamọ: Haahahaha....lol! I never said he was a good man or a bad person na. I just wrote, reflecting both sides. The decision is left to the reader. Well, Professor Soyinka has actually been challenged especially over the execution of convicts. That aside jare, I thank you very much for your time and kind words smiley
you are really desperate to hear comments from ur pro-buharites. You just need to personally thank them for their comments. Hahahaha. If buhari is/was wanted by any, he would have been concluding his tenure by now.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
Buhari is totally undemocratic. Remember you can take away a man from the military but you can't take away the military from a military man. Even few months ago, he is still showing the whole world he sides with gun carriers, extremists, bombers, ruthless primates(they are totally not humans). Buhari should wait to become president when next Nigeria returns to military rule. Period! I rest my case. We need a man with democratic history and personal life, not a ruthless d!kctator. A humble man like Oshiomhole that will love and carry poor Nigerians along, not a military man(buhari) that will enforce stewpid laws on Nigeria, loot his own share of money and rule Nigeria for decades like Mugabe and co. Power drives buhari cray and i swear with the way he lusts for power, he will never agree to climb down when his tenure runs out.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Abiyamo: 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
SMH.
Orikinla: Ranka dede poster.
So, Oga Buhari saw nothing wrong in toasting a small 14 year old girl and must have romanced her before hammering her when she turned 18 year old chikito. grin
THAT MEANS SAY I STRICT PASS OGA BUHARI O, BECAUSE I AM NOT INTO CHILD ABUSE OF ANY GIRL-CHILD LIKE HIM WITH HIS BIG SOJA PRICK.

Aisha was permitted by her mallam papa to see me when she was only 14, but I drove her away.
And when one 18 year old chikito from Nairaland begged me to hammer her and I did it for four hours with her screaming my name, I later totally na-ked on my knees begged God to forgive me whilst she was smirking (naughty Akwa Ibom girl) and waiting for more rounds before I escaped from Calabar. grin

ORIKINLA IS STRICTER THAN NIGERIA'S STRICTEST LEADER SO FAR. cheesy
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Ferdinandu(m): 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
Even as i respect Buhari for his stance on corruption.71yrs old being so desperate to rule Nigeria instead of thinking of happy retirement then i begin to wonder.out over 160 milliion other Nigerians,he doesn't have anybody he will support to be Nigeria's Leader except himself.He is just a desperado

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Abiyamo: 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
frankyychiji: you are really desperate to hear comments from ur pro-buharites. You just need to personally thank them for their comments. Hahahaha. If buhari is/was wanted by any, he would have been concluding his tenure by now.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by InvertedHammer: 1:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
/
People are giving more credit to Buhari than he rightly deserves.

Buhari was a very weak president. Most people attributed the doggedness in fighting corruption during his regime to
Tunde Idiagbon (his Deputy) who was a no nonsense fellow. Idiagbon was the name that sent shivers down the spine of looters, embezzlers and criminals. Buhari was a mere ceremonial Head of State.

Even before his death, Tunde Idiagbon maintained that discipline he enshrined. He was noted to line up with other citizens to buy fuel in the gas station.

By virtue of his position as the Head of State, Buhari can take all the credit. But people in the know are aware that he is weak at heart. Period!

//

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Abiyamo: 1:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
LOL! Interesting presumption.
Ferdinandu: Even as i respect Buhari for his stance on corruption.71yrs old being so desperate to rule Nigeria instead of thinking of happy retirement then i begin to wonder.out over 160 milliion other Nigerians,he doesn't have anybody he will support to be Nigeria's Leader except himself.He is just a desperado
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
Nigerian rejected you in 1999, 2003, 2007 and 2011..lmao i laugh...and even after 2011 you have not done any tangible thing to win their hearts, you are still begging the north esp katsina to keep multiplying so you will have more votes that will propel you to aso rock...afo anu...don't go and do useful things that will make Nigerians love you. Stay there and be crying over the death of boko haramers..aka buhari's boys. And also, keep relying on the way you decreased inflation rate in the 80s..you sure know 80s and 2015 no dey d same level. Old, useless, frustrated, over strict bigot.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2013
God bless Buhari

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by strangest(m): 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2013
Idiagbo is the true definition of "strict"... Buhari is just an old brain that needs to rest
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by visalo: 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2013
No amount of praize write up can make me change my mind for buhari.i can never have a terrorist suppoter as a leader. GEJ till 2019
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by iheneme(m): 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Nigerian rejected you in 1999, 2003, 2007 and 2011..lmao i laugh...and even after 2011 you have not done any tangible thing to win their hearts, you are still begging the north esp katsina to keep multiplying so you will have more votes that will propel you to aso rock...afo anu...don't go and do useful things that will make Nigerians love you. Stay there and be crying over the death of boko haramers..aka buhari's boys. And also, keep relying on the way you decreased inflation rate in the 80s..you sure know 80s and 2015 no dey d same level. Old, useless, frustrated, over strict bigot.
1,000,000 likes grin *disclaimer

3 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
mike404: BUHARI IS A BLOODY TERRORIST AND HE SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH angry
i sure would see mike404 at his best against GMB. For me am not impressed wit wat was written. Let him come clean on the allegations against him, only then will what you wrote up there make sense
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by frankyychiji(f): 1:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
Obiagelli:
Bless you, i was lost his last post, how do i Make comparison if not with the current president
for somebody that has been around since Jerry Rawlings Ghana, you have a lot of refrence point.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by veraponpo(m): 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
samstradam:

I have a serious problem with the highlighted line, mainly because you provided no evidence to support this.

For anyone who has taken time to understand or appreciate military matters, plotting a coup and being involved in a coup are two entirely different things. In fact they can be mutualy exclusive in both ways. Take for example a simple foot soldier who is ordered by his superior officer to guard a location (which could be a politician's residence) and not let anyone in or out (which funnily was exactly how my admired hero Major CK Nzeogwu got Northern soldiers to kill and arrest popular Northern personalities). If you know anything about the military that soldier will not question his superior officer and do as he is told. Whether he likes it or not he has been involved in a coup which he did not plan nor plot.

Same can factually be said for so many leaders in our history, Ironsi did not plot his coup but was ultimately involved in it. Overwhelming evidence shows the same Great Zik of Africa was involved in the plotting of that same coup but was not involved in the execution. If I am right few historians have found any evidence to prove Buhari plotted his coup but I have heard some rumblings that he might have been one of those who plotted Murtala's coup.

Anyway I look forward to your rebuttal. Another great thread smiley

Sorry, what is the origin of "Great Zik of Africa"? Who gave him that title? I am sure our Igbo brothers did. Azikwe did not win any election from 1959 to 1983. He lost almost all elections he contested and had no followers like Ahmadu Bello and Awolowo. He is not in the class of Mandela, Nyerere of Tanzania, Jomo Kenyatta of Kenya, etc. Pls watch what you say, dont just dash out titles any how.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by AnanseK(m): 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
1MCN: @Ms(or Mrs) , please I'd want you to hastily make the clarification in the comment the other man made which you've acknowledged cos it's both contrary and contradictory as well critical.
@Topic, I've listened to great debates about the person and persona of GMB. I think those who support him are being rather too fanatical about the man, and those who loathe him are being mischieviously scandalous knowing that their allegations are only but desperation to conquer their fear.
But however, the man's two greatest discredits are his part and patrimony in the Shagari coup, and his recent ill-informed and ill-timed, unsensible and insensitive stance on the Boko Haram issue. For me as a person, what turns me off most is that in 2007 when he lost an election against his kinsman, Yar'adua in an election the whole world even the beneficiary said it was corrupt, he (GMB) took to court. I watched the live ruling on that case. The evidence presented were stupifying and mortifying but he accepted it in good faith (no pyrotechnique/banger knockouts sounded). But just when he lost against another man from the 'enemies' region' in another election that was adjudged fair and free (to a large extent) his supporters took to destruction of lives and property shouting 'Sai Buhari'--that which we still suffer uptill now as a nation.He might not have ordered that but his statements made him complicit. He definitely has a lot of image redeeming to do here. He might be a good man, but he needs to make the man in him good.
You obviously have a special interest in GEJ and so you have delusions about Buhari's behaviour (or the behaviour of his fans). You are even ready to present GEJ as the victim , when we all know that from the beginning to the end GEJ's election was won by the the use of the nations treasury and outright banditary and rigging. I wish you would explain what you mean by GMB's "insensitive stance on Boko Haram".
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by frankyychiji(f): 1:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
jjcbuthot:

Look at him running from pillar to post looking for something to use against people's general. You exposed yourself as a crude unintelligent bigot - what has fulani got to do with the discussion at hand?

I pity your life... I wont allow you to waste my time along with your own.
look at you! Already ran out of ideas and resorting subtly to name calling. That's typical. You are free to leave the forum immediately.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by jjcbuthot: 1:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
veraponpo:

Sorry, what is the origin of "Great Zik of Africa"? Who gave him that title? I am sure our Igbo brothers did. Azikwe did not win any election from 1959 to 1983. He lost almost all elections he contested and had no followers like Ahmadu Bello and Awolowo. He is not in the class of Mandela, Nyerere of Tanzania, Jomo Kenyatta of Kenya, etc. Pls watch what you say, dont just dash out titles any how.

Anything "Igbo" can't and won't win any election in Nigeria.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Erifenz: 1:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
What is the different betweenNigerian civilain rule and millitry?
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by moscobabs(m): 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
if u like tell us he killed ur papa and mama,all na story...if u get d kind power wey d man get u go do more than him as president,na bad belle dey wory una.GMB is still the right person in 2015!!!!!na bad belle go kill Igbos,na abosi go kill yoruba,na stubbornness go kill Hausa,u are free to quote me negatively or positively bt before u say dat negative tin against me .......'back to sender'!!!! tanks jare pls i want knw more about that bastard(bad but nice) wey den dey call IBB jare!

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by AnanseK(m): 1:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
visalo: No amount of praize write up can make me change my mind for buhari.i can never have a terrorist suppoter as a leader. GEJ till 2019

What makes him a terrorist? Be objective and truthful - i hope you can be.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 10, 2013
InvertedHammer: /
People are giving more credit to Buhari than he rightly deserves.

Buhari was a very weak president. Most people attributed the doggedness in fighting corruption during his regime to
Tunde Idiagbon (his Deputy) who was a no nonsense fellow. Idiagbon was the name that sent shivers down the spine of looters, embezzlers and criminals. Buhari was a mere ceremonial Head of State.

Even before his death, Tunde Idiagbon maintained that discipline he enshrined. He was noted to line up with other citizens to buy fuel in the gas station.

By virtue of his position as the Head of State, Buhari can take all the credit. But people in the know are aware that he is weak at heart. Period!

//
Thank You...its only convenient to hype buhari and relegate Tunde Idiagbon the man who spearheaded 'War against indiscipline'...Buhari will never be president again..take that 2 the bank. What ever happened to being an elder stateman?
Re: Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's Strictest Leader by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
[size=18pt]As a yoruba guy, I have always been voting for him and will always vote for him whenever he contests. I have no problem with him. He is not a terrorist... He just played politics that backfired by sitting on the fence concerning Boko.[/size]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

INEC Office In Kogi Burnt Down - Photo / PDP Women Lying By The Roadside In Uyo After Their Rally (Photos) / APC Presidential Rally Plateau State Live!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.