Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos (31212 Views)

Wizkid Arrested For Smoking Weed In Kenya / Wizkid Arrested And Handkuffed For POSSESSION Of MARIJUANA In Kenya / Wizkid Arrested In Kenya For Smoking Weed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by aburo7: 10:23pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nigerian pop star Wizkid has spoken out against his continuous impersonation by fraudsters. The hit maker, bugged by increasing complaints and reported incidents, says he's worried and beyond scandalised, that some bandits would go to any length to perpetrate evil acts and defraud innocent fans and customers.

The EME act spoke today in Lagos, while reacting to on-going investigations on recent discoveries and arrests. “It’s unfair that fraudsters will take advantage of unsuspecting victims. The culprit has been apprehended and all is being done to make sure such incidents don’t reoccur.”

Wizkid said an EME impostor is currently in police custody. He was handed over to the police by his latest victim- Muyiwa.Muyiwa also known as ‘Origin’ started transactions with the impostor, only to discover he was being duped and quickly handed him over to the police. Meanwhile, EME Chairman Banky W who has himself been a victim of impersonation, says the label is putting all structures in place, while working with relevant authorities to make sure the trend is put to a stop.Fake names, phone numbers and bank accounts have been set up to carry out such fraudulent activities.

Some of the fake accounts these impostors use include "Bankole Wellington Banky W" on Facebook,Bankyw82@yahoo.com, emeonline82@yahoo.com,godwintom1@gmail.com,starboyentertainment@rocketmail.com.
The only authorised contact for EME is bookings@empirematesentertainment.com“Impersonating artists and record labels is apparently the new 419. This is not a unique problem to EMEor it's acts, but a serious challenge to most major labels/artists as well as the fans and event organizers. We've done the best we can to streamline our processes so that anyone, anywhere can contact us atBookings@empirematesentertainment.com or at +234 818 000 0000 and know that they have right information.” Banky says.“It saddens us to know that crooks still try to take advantage of our fans and supporters but we are doing all we can to put the right info out and we hope that everyone takes note, so as not to fall into their traps.” He adds.

Source http://www.toniaodili.com/2013/07/banky-w-wizkids-impersonator-arrested.html?m=0

1 Share

Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by obiajurum25: 12:18pm On Jul 03, 2013
I blame the victim
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by mysticgal(f): 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
we hear,buh wait oh,just one comment and e knack front pageshocked
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by AnOlAd: 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
U go fear topic... Fake Wizkid... lmao

2 Likes

Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by iamswizz(m): 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
obiajurum25: I blame the victim
i blame PDP

5 Likes

Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by iamswizz(m): 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
AnOlAd: U

see this one wan book space.. mumu
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by Eneze1(f): 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
good for them
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by henryvirus(m): 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
i concur....d victim is to blame though not entirely. d guy wan become member of starboiz. c d extent people will go just to become popular musicians. only to b scammed.

1 Like

Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by ddeola: 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
Na wa o,ds boi don bcom star o so tey we don get fake whizzy. O ma se o but I no dey surprised sha because we get plenty fake jesus and fake god everywhere. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by zuma4k(m): 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2013
Lol clone...
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by horlajide: 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2013
Two Wizkid threads on FP! Is he the new tonto of NL now

1 Like

Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by moscobabs(m): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2013
iamswizz: i blame PDP
dats wat i expect from slowpoke like u
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by Lilimax(f): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2013
chaloner: Senators exchanging blow as tempers flare over State of Nation Address
LEGISREPORTS NG – A wild drama ensured today during plenary as Senators of the upper chamber of the National Assembly engaged each other in a festival of blows when tempers flared over attempts to each a decision on the State of the Nation Address Bill which was earlier passed by the apex legislative body.

During debate on the Bill which was refused assent by President Goodluck Jonathan due to certain clauses there-in, the lawmakers felt strongly on a need to veto same into law.

Tempers were flayed when moves were made by the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu to sway lawmakers into voting that the consideration on the Bill be suspended.

LEGISREPORTS gathered that opposition Senators who felt otherwise engaged their counterparts in the Majority in a trade of words that heightened the already tensed and charged atmosphere on the floor.

Just as the show of shameful engagement ensued, a fight broke out between Senator Kabiru Marafa (CPC, Zamfara) and Senator Paulinus Igwe (PDP, Ebonyi)
http://www.weyab.com/2013/07/senators-exchanging-blow-as-tempers.html
Report this news on the politics section cos you're derailing the thread sad. It is not a must to hit frontpage sad

1 Like

Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by jhydebaba(m): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2013
Na money for food he dey find joor! Make dem free am but after spending 5 years in custody eating specially made beans.
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
Also beware of nairaland impostors like Miss Yuzedo impesonating Billyonaire Sweetus Yuzedo of Banana island.

4 Likes

Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by wemmieslim(f): 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
Smh...4all d dunns affected.
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by willyo(m): 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
The guy will make a good marketer. Forget the odds and see the real talent in this guy....
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by splashbaby(m): 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
@Chaloner abi wetin be your name...you should open a new thread for that info now!

Back to the topic....EME and chocolate city better up their act before what happened to the CD market happens to them!
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by tareigns(m): 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
Iz alrite. Shebi he wan dupe person. Na God don punish am 2day. Sergent,bring am com my cell.
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by OmniSparrow: 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
okpara ugo: Also beware of nairaland impostors like Miss Yuzedo impesonating Billyonaire Sweetus Yuzedo of Banana island.
I feel sad for you
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by chucky234(m): 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
So Wizkid don get China cloned copies,hmmmm interesting

1 Like

Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by Gifted4all(m): 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
Lwkmd wetin we nor go hear for dis lagos sef?fake wizkid buhaha
soon e go be fake fashola arrested abegi make i go check weda i go see fuel buy base on d strike
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by kreamidiva(f): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
Very funny indeed
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by kolamilan(m): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
fake wizkid grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by coastalqueen: 3:08pm On Jul 03, 2013
lol choi!!! wetin person no go see for this country
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by lyfe(m): 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2013
I thought this was the picture of the fake wizkid and Banky. shocked

1 Like

Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2013
Even for Facebook. U go see diff fake celebrity accounts n pages.
Last Bullet:
and dz ll make me 2 talk on d latest 419 scam on facebook. Scammers clone people's account n send friend request 2 d friends of dat person whose account was cloned. D people dat receive dz new request ll think it was their friend dat resent a friend request not knowing it's d scammer. People, beware!
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by kokoye(m): 3:20pm On Jul 03, 2013
the guy in that picture looks fake sef grin
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by Rhema001: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
AnOlAd: U go fear topic... Fake Wizkid... lmao

you can say that againnn!!!
Re: Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos by SlyIg(f): 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
okpara ugo: Also beware of nairaland impostors like Miss Yuzedo impesonating Billyonaire Sweetus Yuzedo of Banana island.
so you no kw say na Yuzedo be 1. Yuzedo 2. Yuzedo11 3. Ravenwolf 4. MissYuzedo.

The billionaire himself has many accounts here on nairaland.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uriel Oputa Stuns In Traditional Attire / Wizkid Gets Honoured At Cyprus International University (photos) / Lola Omotayo Okoye Reveals How She Handles Negativity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.