Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Blood*john Kumiyi* They Say It Thicker Than WATER*DLCM ELDERS* John's Suspension - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Blood*john Kumiyi* They Say It Thicker Than WATER*DLCM ELDERS* John's Suspension (4031 Views)

I Saw An Aircraft Filled With Blood – Pastor Chris Okafor / 2015 Dlcm DAILY MANNA (updated) / Does The Bible Say It Is WRONG To Give Or Take BRIBE? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blood*john Kumiyi* They Say It Thicker Than WATER*DLCM ELDERS* John's Suspension by phapi(m): 1:43am On Jul 03, 2013
I write to question the rationale behind the suspension of MR\MRS JOhN KUMIYI

With much grieve of hrt I write to condemn the measure of in-human treatment melted out against MR\MRS KUMIYI JOHN in proportion to d flying hypocritical marriage rumor going around d entire world

I was born and christen in DLCM,am proud to say that DLCM is one of the church where have seen the bible taught well and practise well since my birth into it and nothing can take me away from DCLM coz the truth abt enternity is preached their
But to some extent there are DON'TS and DO'S of religious organisation and DLCM is not exempted
I came to know that it was and has never been preached in any of the church sermon that wearing of certain fabric is a SIN and having TV is sinful, likewise has it not been taught throughout my stay in dLCM the kind of dress to wear to occassions NEVERTHELESS wedding ceremonies of diz caliber in question

It baffules mi to the marrow on how d above couple solimazation has generated a lot ot heated discussion across the lenght and breath of the world, a wedding attended by the G.S himself and top leaders of DLCM,a caliber kind of wedding involving two young christian couple of DLCM pastors which am very sure to have been carried out by a trusted minister of DLCM on d approval of the G.S and for sure the dress code of DLCM ladies during their wedding is not a thing of compulsion to determine their faith

The couples in question according to media reports has been said to have stayed over 2 decades of their christian lives outside Nigeria,I want to say @ this juncture that humans tends to adapt with present happening they see in their present society,maybe that was the kind of marriage they both could had fantasies during their courtship,maybe a wedding of their type could had taken place in their abode of worship by some few white members of the church and never raised any eyebrow of sentiment as it is in their case now

As young and vibrant they are,they could had chosen to toll their fantasies as human I see no fault in this IS IT coz they ARE AFrICANS or *dLcM leaders wards*? I totally disagree with ther leadership of the church on suspending this couple

The suspension I guess should had come before the apology of MR and MRS JOHN KUMIYI(and I see sentiment in it real practise here) not the apology before the suspension,this couple saw the disapproval of their wedding and came out to apologies to the church and the G.S in particularly I see the worldly pressure to have made the leadership of DLCM to have done what they ought not to have done*suspension*they stoop so low in ahldering to d cry of hypocrisy of the world over this solemn and mild issues concerning the couple dressing,comfort,church venue and authenticity of the couple spiritual stand

Finally I have this to say PASTOR KUMIYI should know he founded DLCM without the present church leadership RATHER the church was founded by him alone*JOHN and his brother inherent* through the vision of God and he should see his SON as human and not a super being who don't make mistake,he should had @ least shown that fatherly compassion on him so as to save the young marriage of leading to waterloo as it heading now

I wish JOHN and LOVE KUMiYI a HML once again God knows the heart of thoes whu worship him in truth and in light
Re: Blood*john Kumiyi* They Say It Thicker Than WATER*DLCM ELDERS* John's Suspension by Pygru: 6:04am On Jul 03, 2013
Wetin be this one again ^^
Better go find better work ooh

Oya read wetin dem talk below

John Kumuyi, one of the sons of the General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, and his now-wife, Love, were suspended by the leadership of the aforementioned church and banned from carrying out any activity in this church. The decision is grounded by the recent controversy over the couple’s wedding in Jamaica.
It would be recalled that John and Love wedded in Jamaica on 15 June, 2013, only toreceive thousands negative comments from members of the church. Many condemned the wedding gown worn by the wife-to be, also other aspects of the wedding that were at variance with the church’s standards.
Love’s attires turned out to differ from the conventional ones set for Deeper Life members. Lots of people noticed her hair wasn’t “natural” and that she applied lipstick as part of the make-up.
A limousine hired to deliver the couple
to their destination after the wedding, a huge cake that was served at the ceremony were contraryto the church’s tradition.
The church leaders decided to place the coupleon suspension to give them time topray and seek forgiveness from God for theiraction, following countless comments on social media and by the members of Deeper Life.
John and Love’s suspension from church activities was announced last Saturday, at Deeper Life’s monthly Miracle and Revival Programme, held at the Deeper Life Conference Centre (DLCC), Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. The news was delivered by PastorPhilip Oluwi, a key leader in the church, who obviously was following the instructions from the General Superintendent of the church, Pastor WilliamKumuyi. Oluwi stressed that thestandard of Deeper Life regarding wedding and moderacy had not changed.
“The church, Deeper Life, remains committed to the biblical practice and standard of almost 40 years Christian dressing and still remains and does not compromise on biblical Christian dressing.
“Hence, deviation warrants the displeasure and frown of God and the leadership of the church. John and Love are now under discipline,” Oluwi announced to the entire congregation.
The couple has already apologised to the church for the inappropriate way the wedding was conducted. The letter was readby Oluwi and re-read several times tochurchmembers by the Church’s Secretary, Pastor Jerry Asemota. The letter,addressed to the Church Secretary and titled ‘Letter of Apology,’ expressed the deepest regret of the couple for bringing the church into disrepute.
Moreover, further investigation has revealed that John and Love’s wedding was not conducted in a Deeper Life Bible Church. It wasalso not conducted by pastors from the church, as Deeper Life Bible Church in Jamaica has not been licensed by the country’s government to join couples in wedlock, according to the laws of Jamaica.
The wedding was taken to another church where the ministers in the unnamed church conducted the weddingand joined them in holy matrimony.
Deeper Life leaders that came from Nigeria were said to have disapproved of the earlier gown Love was to wear for the wedding, while another was hurriedlysewed the night before the wedding.
Church leaders were said not to have seen the new dress until the couple was marching into the church and by then, it was too late to take any action as the wedding was not conducted in a deeper life church
Re: Blood*john Kumiyi* They Say It Thicker Than WATER*DLCM ELDERS* John's Suspension by Image123(m): 4:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
@phapi
While your OP was more of funny and amusing to me, i'd like for you still to have a proper or better perspective.
Firstly, you should not be writing to question the rationale of an activity in your church and with grief of heart (that one serious) on a social media or forum. You could better still ask the right people, like your church leaders. Also, it should never baffle you to the marrow how such issue has generated heated discussion "across the length and breadth"(whatever that means). It is when people spread their 'underwear' in Gath and other public places like you are doing, that is when mountains are made out of molehill and heated discussion made from ordinary decisions.
Now anyone should be able to get a suspension. Suspension is not the end of the world. It happens in football all the time, even to the best. It does not stop you from truly reaching your ultimate goal if you truly know what you are doing, and are willing to profit from your punishment. The best staff can be queried.
Hebrews 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
What you do with your query is what matters. Ignorant and impatient christians throw tantrums over discipline. Some are ready to pull down an assembly, or leave a denomination, or even backslide because of punishment. That is dull, that is not well thought, its childish, its selfish, its what satan wants. Working in church is not your ultimate goal, though its very good. And that you are suspended does not mean its for eternity. What if one is suspended by death, or by sickness, or by schooling, or by nysc, or type of secular work or anything, you won't be a Christian again? Are you suspended from fellowship with God and the brethren, which is more important than whatever they might be doing in church like preaching, singing or usher. Are you suspended from giving? Are you suspended from prayers and interceding for others? Are you suspended from evangelising for God or publicising what God is doing? There is a lot to be done in God's house than having a broken heart or a backsliding because your church elders told someone not to officiate for sometime. Please think on that, there is no leave or even retirement in church work, they should take good advantage of this before they are called back, and keep on abounding in God's work.
Re: Blood*john Kumiyi* They Say It Thicker Than WATER*DLCM ELDERS* John's Suspension by phapi(m): 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
Image123: @phapi
While your OP was more of funny and amusing to me, i'd like for you still to have a proper or better perspective.
Firstly, you should not be writing to question the rationale of an activity in your church and with grief of heart (that one serious) on a social media or forum. You could better still ask the right people, like your church leaders. Also, it should never baffle you to the marrow how such issue has generated heated discussion "across the length and breadth"(whatever that means). It is when people spread their 'underwear' in Gath and other public places like you are doing, that is when mountains are made out of molehill and heated discussion made from ordinary decisions.
Now anyone should be able to get a suspension. Suspension is not the end of the world. It happens in football all the time, even to the best. It does not stop you from truly reaching your ultimate goal if you truly know what you are doing, and are willing to profit from your punishment. The best staff can be queried.
Hebrews 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
What you do with your query is what matters. Ignorant and impatient christians throw tantrums over discipline. Some are ready to pull down an assembly, or leave a denomination, or even backslide because of punishment. That is dull, that is not well thought, its childish, its selfish, its what satan wants. Working in church is not your ultimate goal, though its very good. And that you are suspended does not mean its for eternity. What if one is suspended by death, or by sickness, or by schooling, or by nysc, or type of secular work or anything, you won't be a Christian again? Are you suspended from fellowship with God and the brethren, which is more important than whatever they might be doing in church like preaching, singing or usher. Are you suspended from giving? Are you suspended from prayers and interceding for others? Are you suspended from evangelising for God or publicising what God is doing? There is a lot to be done in God's house than having a broken heart or a backsliding because your church elders told someone not to officiate for sometime. Please think on that, there is no leave or even retirement in church work, they should take good advantage of this before they are called back, and keep on abounding in God's work.

A nice contribution indeed... U said I shouldn't had baffle @ d manner which DLCM suspended the youg couple yes to some extent u correct, it neither d G.S nor DLCM leadership whu ordered the suspension would eventually face some serious and uncensored question which will definitely cum from the public to DLCM members*which am one* with this un checked rush action plnties of question will b asked and people will take it 2 d extreme as it has already been taken here on NLD and Twitter,hw do d church leadership expects we member to answer all this question without iota of biasness?

With grieve of hrt I still maintain on diz issue coz I never thought as much to d extent where and hw this suspension will lead diz young marriage

I thank u 4 d lill correction u have made @ d above post
Re: Blood*john Kumiyi* They Say It Thicker Than WATER*DLCM ELDERS* John's Suspension by tpia5: 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2013
^Pastor Kumuyi is aware of the suspension, and if he has no objections to it, then i think the matter should rest there.

the son said his dad had earlier decided not to attend the wedding, but he eventually did so.

its an internal affair and it will be sorted out, shouldnt be made into a big deal.

deeper life does not support avoidable extravagance, hence the loud outcry from unbelievers and fornicators over the church refusal to endorse flamboyant wedding parties.

deeper life doctrine is similar to quakers- who were also very strict.

Quaker marriage today

When a couple decides to get married they declare their intentions to marry to the meeting (either in writing or in person). The meeting then appoints a clearness committee to talk with the couple and make sure that they have properly prepared themselves for marriage. If the committee is clear that this couple is ready, they recommend that the monthly meeting should take this wedding “under their care” and appoint a committee to ensure the couple makes all the needed arrangements for the wedding ceremony. These duties vary but may include helping schedule the date, finding premarital counseling, making the Quaker marriage certificate, making sure the couple knows how to acquire and file any legal documents.

wiki
Re: Blood*john Kumiyi* They Say It Thicker Than WATER*DLCM ELDERS* John's Suspension by tpia5: 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
Little more info on Quakers:

-Barclays Bank was founded by Quaker partners

John Freame (1669 - 1745) founded Barclays Bank in 1690.
John Freame was born in Cirencester the son of Robert Freame. In 1683 he was apprenticed to Job Bolton, a quaker goldsmith based in Lombard Street. Upon completion of his apprenticeship he went into partnership with Thomas Gould, a fellow quaker. Located in a part of the city where 25% of the population were quakers they were able to build up their reputation - and their business particularly amongst their co-religionists. The partners soon became more connected as John married Priscilla, Thomas' sister, while Thomas married Hannah, John's sister.

In 1713 he published Scripture Instruction: Digested into Several Sections by Way of Questions & Answers in Order to Promote Piety & Virtue, and Discourage Vice & Immorality, with a Preface Relating to Education

-Cadburys [makers of Bournvita], was founded by a Quaker

- The state of Pennsylvania was founded by a Quaker [William Penn]

-Quakers pioneered the use of industrial techniques in chocolate processing

circa 1759 — Joseph Fry, a Quaker, starts making chocolate
1761 — Joseph Fry and John Vaughan purchase the chocolate business of Walter Churchman. Company named Fry, Vaughan & Co.
1777 — Chocolate works move from Newgate Street to Union Street, Bristol
1787 — Joseph Fry dies. Firm is renamed Anna Fry & Son
1795 — Joseph Storrs Fry assumes control. He patents a method of grinding cocoa beans using a Watt steam engine. As a result factory techniques are introduced into the cocoa business.

wiki

(1) (Reply)

Traditional Marriage And Church Wedding Which Is The Most Important? / Pastor In Adultery Mess On The Run, Impregnates Church Secretary’s Wife / WE ARE IN THE END TIMES, Let us beg for the God’s mercy before His Judgment Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.