Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? (2401 Views)

Man Recounts How He Fled His Marriage After Many Years Of Unhappiness / Are You Always Unhappy And Bitter B/c You Blame Others For Your Unhappiness? / Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by MyVicky: 2:55am On Jul 03, 2013
I really need to know how you can handle your unhappiness personally without hurting your partner.
There is this very big opportunity I have been hoping for like my life depended on it and I suddenly realized I missed it and unhappiness, sadness and gloominess took over. My partner is someone who wants me to be happy always and someone who becomes sad whenever I am unhappy. I do not want my sadness to be a source of unhapiness for my partner but I don't know how to handle it.

Please, what can I do?

Thank you.
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by Nobody: 5:22am On Jul 03, 2013
This is part of growing up, you will learn that you can't have everything you want no matter how much you "claim" it.
Churches have taught people wrongly that God is there to be our personal messages, the ignore "ALL Things work togather for good" or twist it.
All things meaning; sad times, sickness, death, failures and whatever we face are meant to work for good, good may not be physical manifestation good may be the growing lessons you pick: How could this have been better, what lessons did I pick, or in future that experience may be used to help someone else, eg, most of us who have tasted hurt, extreme pain and disappointment easily understand what people are saying when they face similar situations hence God will use us to help that person pass through his/ her own phase.
What you do now is realise that you can't always have everything, and this is a phase that will pass and pick the lessons you can from it.
Also realise that continous sulking and whinning will push your partner away hence you will have double loss.
When I am faced with hard times as I am currently I reflect and thank God for finding me worthy to be tested, I thank God for all the previous things I have faced and how He helped me overcome them. I also ask God to help me learn what he needs me to learn, then I ask for Grace to go through the current phase.
Nothing lasts forever including good times.
When you learn that lesson you have conquered half of the problem
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by obowunmi(m): 6:26am On Jul 03, 2013
If you're suffering from depression try to seek medical help.
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by MyVicky: 6:58am On Jul 04, 2013
debrief08: This is part of growing up, you will learn that you can't have everything you want no matter how much you "claim" it.
Churches have taught people wrongly that God is there to be our personal messages, the ignore "ALL Things work togather for good" or twist it.
All things meaning; sad times, sickness, death, failures and whatever we face are meant to work for good, good may not be physical manifestation good may be the growing lessons you pick: How could this have been better, what lessons did I pick, or in future that experience may be used to help someone else, eg, most of us who have tasted hurt, extreme pain and disappointment easily understand what people are saying when they face similar situations hence God will use us to help that person pass through his/ her own phase.
What you do now is realise that you can't always have everything, and this is a phase that will pass and pick the lessons you can from it.
Also realise that continous sulking and whinning will push your partner away hence you will have double loss.
When I am faced with hard times as I am currently I reflect and thank God for finding me worthy to be tested, I thank God for all the previous things I have faced and how He helped me overcome them. I also ask God to help me learn what he needs me to learn, then I ask for Grace to go through the current phase.
Thanks a lot for the message. It is well appreciated.
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by MyVicky: 6:58am On Jul 04, 2013
My Vicky:
Thanks a lot for the message. It is well appreciated.
I'm still trying to get over it but it's not been easy
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by MyVicky: 5:17am On Jul 05, 2013
obowunmi: If you're suffering from depression try to seek medical help.
Thanks.
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by MyVicky: 1:51am On Jul 07, 2013
My Vicky: I really need to know how you can handle your unhappiness personally without hurting your partner.
There is this very big opportunity I have been hoping for like my life depended on it and I suddenly realized I missed it and unhappiness, sadness and gloominess took over. My partner is someone who wants me to be happy always and someone who becomes sad whenever I am unhappy. I do not want my sadness to be a source of unhapiness for my partner but I don't know how to handle it.

Please, what can I do?

Thank you.
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by MyVicky: 6:00am On Jul 08, 2013
debrief08: This is part of growing up, you will learn that you can't have everything you want no matter how much you "claim" it.
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by mgbeketoto: 11:03am On Jul 09, 2013
You are here worrying about making your 'husband unhappy'. . . .While he is getting on with his life. . . happy or not! grin

What else can cause people to be unhappy if not DEPRESSION? undecided DID YOU CREATE YOURSELF?

There are many things that can make one UNHAPPY in life, not just marriage! kiss
I can NEVER be an unhappy person. . . in marriage or not.
It is up to you. . . .to find out what maketh thee unhappy.
If it is your 'insecurities'. . . . THEN YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE! kiss

In this short life? shocked
I don't kia what it is o. . . . MAN OR NO MAN. . .YOU ALONE CAN MAKE YOURSELF HAPPY! kiss
No one can do it for you. . .not even GOD OR JESUS!

Gba be! kiss

In the arms of my loving mother. . .I really can't be bothered with ANY man right now. . . .Time to gist with my mom. Just got back from vacation. . . I OVER PHOCKED. . .the children are fine! cool I am soooooooooooooooo happy right now.

Why do WOMEN think a man IS THE BEGINNING AND END OF THIS WORLD? undecided
Not my portion o! Iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Time to do some more shopping with my darling mom! cool

My mama name na ANWUL(JOLLIFICATION). . . My Igbo name na KANWULIA(MAKE WE DEY JOLLY). . . . .Depression and unhappiness is not in my genes o!
Man ko. . . children ni! Friends ko. . . Relations ni! Family ko. . . .finances ni!
Shiooooooooooooooooooor!!!! cool

OP. . . there is a reason why OYINBO peeps prescribe anti-psychotics for the mentally DOWN. . . You might need some help! kiss
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by MyVicky: 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
mgbeketoto: You are here worrying about making your 'husband unhappy'. . . .While he is getting on with his life. . . happy or not! grin

What else can cause people to be unhappy if not DEPRESSION? undecided DID YOU CREATE YOURSELF?

There are many things that can make one UNHAPPY in life, not just marriage! kiss

I don't kia what it is o. . . . MAN OR NO MAN. . .YOU ALONE CAN MAKE YOURSELF HAPPY! kiss

Gba be! kiss

In the arms of my loving mother. . .I really can't be bothered with ANY man right now. . . .Time to gist with my mom. Just got back from vacation. . . I OVER PHOCKED. . .the children are fine! cool I am soooooooooooooooo happy right now.

My mama name na ANWUL(JOLLIFICATION). . . My Igbo name na KANWULIA(MAKE WE DEY JOLLY). . . . .Depression and unhappiness is not in my genes o!
Man ko. . . children ni! Friends ko. . . Relations ni! Family ko. . . .finances ni!

OP. . . there is a reason why OYINBO peeps prescribe anti-psychotics for the mentally DOWN. . . You might need some help! kiss

Sounded kinda funny to me
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by MyVicky: 7:04am On Jul 12, 2013
mgbeketoto: You are here worrying about making your 'husband unhappy'. . . .While he is getting on with his life. . . happy or not! grin

Tk.

Gba be! kiss

Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 13, 2013
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by MyVicky: 4:47am On Jul 15, 2013
chaircover: That is one of the reasons why we go into relationships . . COMPANIONSHIP!!!

You go through good and bad times together. You laugh together and you cry together. That is why he/she is your other half

He should not only be there when there are good times. If you feel sad/down/disappointed/unhappy, then let him know. He should be able to lift you up and you too will do the same for him when he too needs your support.

This is one of the beauties of having someone to call your own. Use it!!!
Thank you madam.
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by MyVicky: 2:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
My Vicky:
Thank you madam.
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by sammyademola: 2:26am On Aug 10, 2013
My Vicky: I really need to know how you can handle your unhappiness personally without hurting your partner.

Please, what can I do?

Thank you.

Not a problem
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by thorpido(m): 10:11am On Aug 11, 2013
@Mgbeketoto...abeg wetin be d 'stuff' wey u dey take hold body?

@op..what makes u unhappy?Can u get to the root of it so u can deal more decisively with the issues?In this life there will always be challenges and how u handle them is more important than what really the issues are.
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by MyVicky: 9:03pm On Aug 27, 2013
sammy_ademola:

Not a problem
Why not?
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by baby124: 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
Dude, with you it is one issue or the other. I dont think anyone of us here is qualified to help you. Please seek professional help.
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by MyVicky: 10:03pm On Aug 27, 2013
baby_123: Dude, with you it is one issue or the other. I dont think anyone of us here is qualified to help you. Please seek professional help.
Lolz.
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by baby124: 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2013
My Vicky:
Lolz.

Its not an insult. It is a genuine advice. So dont feel insulted or ashamed. I just dont think any of us here can help you like you may need it. kiss
Re: How To Handle Sadness And Unhappiness In A Relationship? by MyVicky: 3:50am On Aug 28, 2013
baby_123:

Its not an insult. It is a genuine advice. So dont feel insulted or ashamed. I just dont think any of us here can help you like you may need it. kiss

Taking it too personal.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Most Married Couples Dont Kiss In Public / My Girl Sleeps With Her Cousin **update / Let Your Wife Miss You Always

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.