Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,697 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi (23745 Views)

Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad / Igirigi Made-In-Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carriers (Pictures) / As Apc Bears Its Fangs By Samesa Igirigi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by Handsomeemmy(m): 10:37am On Jul 03, 2013
Refurbished Shilka gun

Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 03, 2013
Yomieluv: poverty has really engulfed your thinking faculty.

@ the bold 'you are not very sure'
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by herquleez(m): 10:43am On Jul 03, 2013
There is no tank in the pictures, they are APCs(Armoured Personnel Carriers) and AFVs(Armoured Fighting Vehicles).

A battle tank is much more menacing than these ones, the role of these ones are to support the battle tanks in the battle field.

@op, categorise them well.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by Horus(m): 11:03am On Jul 03, 2013

Made in Nigeria APC Igirigi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by fujirice: 11:08am On Jul 03, 2013
991: Oh boy!! see attack... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
anyway, 'love is stronger than fear!'
once again i say "the money spent on ammunition could be used to ameliorate the standard of living of citizens"
Take correction when you are given one (in your case, many) and stop displaying your ignorance to the whole world! Or are you saying you are a fool?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by Joshcoli(m): 11:10am On Jul 03, 2013
herquleez: There is no tank in the pictures, they are APCs(Armoured Personnel Carriers) and AFVs(Armoured Fighting Vehicles).

A battle tank is much more menacing than these ones, the role of these ones are to support the battle tanks in the battle field.

@op, categorise them well.

My thoughts exactly, Abeg no fall our hands with this toys
Foreigners dey inside this place
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by Capnd143(m): 11:14am On Jul 03, 2013
i think we really need to do more in hardware acquisition as well as developing local content in the military hardware industry! We need every weapon we can get in the war against terror and to assert our territorial integrity as well as deter potential african aggressors
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by Soukiss(m): 11:24am On Jul 03, 2013
oh ya

Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by Rossikk(m): 11:26am On Jul 03, 2013
We have to credit OBJ with the increased professionalism of the military. In all ramifications they have improved, from battlefield capabilities to equipment, to discipline (including political discipline), to R&D, manufacturing etc.
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by homosapien(m): 11:27am On Jul 03, 2013
991: The money spent on amunitions could be used to ameliorate the standard of living of citizens.
The best laws and ordinace will be despise and trample under feet if not supported by by strong arm. A country witout good arm is like a magnificient palace with beautiful jewel and which furniture, which will soon molder into ruins since it has nothin but it treasure to protect it from the ravaging of the weather.
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by Horus(m): 11:34am On Jul 03, 2013

Refurbished APC

Refurbished Panhard AML 60
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 03, 2013
these are needless machines in Nigeria...because we are too peace loving than challenging..how many times have these been used in this country..na only to drive them pass people backyard them sabi...I believe with 30 of theses BOKO boys go run far...by the way i heard Nigeria now have so many strikers like ASUU, ASUP and NUPENG....yet super eagles dey find strikers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by yuzedo: 11:49am On Jul 03, 2013
Ekeeyhandsome: Plis wat are those tanks for...? cox me,am planning on geting a new tank 4 my mum 4 storing water and i dnt knw if it wil be advisable to get her one of these...
grin
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by Horus(m): 11:53am On Jul 03, 2013

Refurbished ERC 90 Sagaie

Refurbished Mowag
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by Anyi3(m): 11:57am On Jul 03, 2013
991: The money spent on amunitions could be used to ameliorate the standard of living of citizens.
big grammar doesn't always mean big sense..example above...
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
Can I get one of these for my Baby Mama?
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by 1MCN: 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
One thing got my interest in this (permit me to digress a little pls). If that Igirigi of a machine was built by an Igbo military engineer that engineer should be jailed for wrong brand naming of the equipment and premeditated deceit.
Igirigi in Igbo means DEW and that's the direct opposite of the kind of things that precipitate from the muzzle of that machine! It's never cool like igirigi! It negates the name!
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by scholes23(m): 12:20pm On Jul 03, 2013
Anyi.:

big grammar doesn't always mean big sense..example above...

YEH!!!
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by dabrake(m): 12:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
fujirice:
Take correction when you are given one (in your case, many) and stop displaying your ignorance to the whole world! Or are you saying you are a fool?
don't you get it? dude need the attention more than oxygen
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by AbuMikey(m): 1:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
Nice
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by Itoroetti(m): 1:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
GEJ is revamping all sector including the security.little by little,we'll hit it like the chinese did.
Nigeria's population is too small for unemployment to strike.
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by hardbody: 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2013
991: Oh boy!! see attack... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
anyway, 'love is stronger than fear!'
once again i say "the money spent on ammunition could be used to ameliorate the standard of living of citizens"

Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by tit(f): 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2013
Is the scout car Igirigi built on a 4X4 platform?
It seems like a 2WD.
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by andrewza: 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
Handsomeemmy: These are some of the refurbished tank by Nigerian Army Engineers. It was rumoured that the APC Igirigi was built by Nigeria Army engineers from the scratch.

I dont see any tanks. I do see apcs and armored cars but no tanks. Just saying.

Any idea on what work was done or was it just paint and a clean
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 03, 2013
gunpoint: 13th time in a row I am makin fp dis morin! grin
Allah be praised cool
By the way, no1 givs a fvck abt 2ndhand tanks undecided
re u dumb or wats?
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
Mre like panzers 2 me
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by KraticKratus: 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
1MCN: One thing got my interest in this (permit me to digress a little pls). If that Igirigi of a machine was built by an Igbo military engineer that engineer should be jailed for wrong brand naming of the equipment and premeditated deceit.
Igirigi in Igbo means DEW and that's the direct opposite of the kind of things that precipitate from the muzzle of that machine! It's never cool like igirigi! It negates the name!

You are useless. Igirigi is not dew. Igirigi is the light rain that comes first before the storm. So the name is completely adequate. This is just the beginning. The real storm is coming.
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by smajatt(m): 4:41pm On Jul 03, 2013
WELL IT GOOD TO KNOW BUT NOT SOMETHING TO START JUMPING ABOUT FOR. HONESTLY NIGERIAN ARMY IS NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT IN THIS MODERN DAY WORLD OF WARFARE AND INSURGENCY. THE TOTAL MIGHT OF THE NIGERIAN FORCE INCLUDING POLICE AND PARA MILITARY IS JUST TOO SMALL AND ILL EQUIPPED. SECONDLY THE SO CALLED NIGERIAN ARMY IS FILLED WITH SO MUCH BUREAUCRACY THAT IT EVEN SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE TO JOIN THE ARMED FORCE WITHOUT 1 FORM OF CONNECTION. I CAN STILL RECALL MY EXPERIENCE WHEN I WANTED TO JOIN THE ARMY,HONESTLY EVER SINCE THEN I VOWED NOT TO EVEN GIVE THE NIGERIAN ARMY A SECOND THOUGHT, YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE AFTER ALL D SCREENING AND EVERYTHING..IN WHICH I WASN'T PICKED SOME KIDS WHERE JUST BROUGHT IN JEEPS AND NICE OVER SIZED JEEPS AND THEY JUST WENT AHEAD AS IF WE WHERE NOT EVEN THERE..WE WHERE IN THE SUN LOOKING LIKE MEN WHO HAVE SEEN THE UNSEEN.. TAKE A LOOK AT COUNTRIES LIKE BRITAIN.US,GERMANY AND MANY MORE EVEN ISRAEL,RIGHT AFTER YOUR HIGH SCHOOL YOU ARE GIVEN THE CHANCE TO JOIN YOUR COUNTRIES ARMED FORCE WITHOUT CONNECTION OR SOME SOUGHT OF KNOW HOW...THE ONLY THING YOU NEED IS YOUR PHYSICAL FITNESS AND MENTAL HEALTH.. WHAT I DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND IS WHY SOME LEADERS IN THIS GREAT NATION WOULD SIPHON SO MUCH MONEY WHEN WE HAVE SO MANY LOOP HOLES THAT NEEDS ATTENTION.IF WE HAS A NATION CAN INVEST HEAVILY IN SECURITY AND POWER 'ELECTRICITY' WE WOULD HAVE ENOUGH FOREIGN INVESTORS WHO ARE ACTUALLY READY TO INVEST IN US AND NOT STEALING OUR RESOURCES. IN CONCLUSION AM NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL COS WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT AND IF A REAL WAR ACTUALLY HAPPENS OR MAYBE SOME KIND OF REVOLUTION HONESTLY ITS THEN WE WILL KNOW WE ACTUALLY DO REALLY HAVE A LOT OF SLEEPING SOLDIERS IN THE CIVILIANS AND THEN IT WOULDN'T BE A MATTER OF GUNS OR BOMBS OR ARMORED TANKS AND STUFF BUT A MATTER OF SURVIVAL, COS THEN EVEN THE GUY WITH THE GUN WOULD BE SCARED OF HIS LIFE...........
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by iykak47: 5:26pm On Jul 03, 2013
KraticKratus:

You are useless. Igirigi is not dew. Igirigi is the light rain that comes first before the storm. So the name is completely adequate. This is just the beginning. The real storm is coming.
Stop unnecessary argument, Igirigi is dew.
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by KraticKratus: 7:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
iykak47: Stop unnecessary argument, Igirigi is dew.

No. It is not. Igirigi is light rain.
Re: Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi by mikolo80: 10:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
scipher: see daftness
KAI SEE WETIN 32YRS OF MILITARY DOMINATION CAUSE.SEE AS OUR PPL DE THINK LIKE ZOMBIE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jibrin, Dogara, Gbajabiamila, Others In Race For Speakership Position / Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) / Davido, Babymama And Other Story By Reuben Abati (must-read )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.