Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad (3086 Views)

4 Travel Scams Nigerians Fall For Abroad / We Are Not Leaving Nigeria - Virgin Atlantic / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by demi2008(f): 2:33pm On May 29, 2008
no regrets at all luckily i am a british citizen so i've got no restrictions d only thing is i got do do my chores myself to get a domestic help here u would be earning well above average no housemaid, gateman, gardener cry cry and driver for me unlike naija cry
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by omasogood(m): 2:08am On Sep 10, 2008
i'm mixed race nigerian & was born & bred in lagos,nigeria.many ppl believe i should b more accepted in england cos of my light skin colour but this is so not d case.i was much happier living in nigeria & even though some picked on me i was still accepted more. on d surface d western world looked perfect but when i actually got into d system i found out that it was all an illusion,regardless of all the infrastructure & clean streets life is made difficult with everythin being taxed heavily,besides nothin beats chilling with your own ppl & being free 2 live life happily even when there are trials.i love naija(nigeria) so much & am very proud 2 b a citizen of that blessed country. i wish i had never come 2 england,everythin i was lookin 4 i now realise i would hav found in d motherland. i had d opportunity 2 move back in 2006 but i turned it down & tings av only gotten worse due to dat decision.ryt now i am jus trying to gain as much as i can with obtaining a university degree my main priority. 4 yrs left & i shall return 2 naija 2 help d country move 4ward & i urge all nigerians abroad 2 do d same cos dat is d only way d country will get to d level it deserves. nigeria 4 ever!!!!!
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by GoldCircle: 12:00pm On Sep 10, 2008
I feel you Omasogood! take am eazy! people like you end up hitting it big time when and if you indeed return to 9JA! because you must have gained alot by living on both sides and weighing your options well. this is indeed one of the "frankest" talk i have heard on Nairaland in a while! the choice is indeed yours, but with the opportunities popping up here & there in 9JA today, it's just a matter of time before a right thinking person breaks ground. this is especially true if you grew up here and understand the terrain well.

9JA is motherland and nobody can take away that fact!

(according to the popular comedian I go die, na person wey no get complete papers to come Nigeria dey scream say "there is so much insecurity in Nigeria"! How much the person get? E get money pass Dangote??)

Gud talk nkc!! We are 4geda!
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by gabelogan(m): 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2008
no regrets, just that as hard as you try here, u know u can never fit it. nothing beats being in the midst of your own people and i am yearning for that day ill go back home.

despite all the shortcommings nigeria seems to have, id rather be in nigeria cos there is absolutely no place like home.
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by omasogood(m): 3:08pm On Sep 10, 2008
@GoldCircle

thanx 4 d encouragement Goldcircle.God will guide & protect us all d way 2 sucess in Jesus name,Amen!
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by kobomoje(m): 4:48am On Sep 13, 2008
I give all the glory to God, my life don change. I was almost going insane in Nigeria, so far so good, i have no regrets whatsoever.
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by yungchap(m): 9:57am On Sep 13, 2008
@Kamsi,
Splendid reactions from you. i love that! It's so unfortunate that people are just in considerate and not been careful of what they say on air like this. shocked

"Nigerians are one of the most heartless sets of people in this whole wide world. Even to themselves".If Nigerians are heart less people will you have the privileged of expressing your opinions on this beautiful platform created and initiated by the same Nigeria like you(Seun)?

Xiomarra go and think!

Kudos to you Kamsi once again,

@nkc,
that's a very lovely expression. keep it up cool

I'm very sorry here that i might not be able to mention names.but to the Optimistic people keep up the good work and keep contributing towards the growth of our country(NIGERIA) just like Seun-the owner of Nairaland is doing at the moment and to you too(optimist) the way you are talking positively and changing lives on this platform.

As for me,I so much believe in Nigeria and nigeria is going places believe me or not! I promise i will keep contributing my own quota to the development of our great country--Nigeria!

ONE LOVE NIGERIA AND KEEP THE POST ROLLING IN cool

cheers, smiley
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by idupaul: 10:08am On Sep 13, 2008
just like Seun-the owner of Nairaland is doing at the moment and to you too(optimist) the way you are talking positively and changing lives on this platform.

this part spoilt ur nice message, seems like bootlicking to me. angry angry
Re: Any Regret Leaving Home For Abroad by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:12am On Sep 25, 2008
Nah, no regret leaving home to study. It's like a stepping stone of some sort, It's helped me in a lot of ways,  i have become more independent.

It's also made me matured. Back home i was a brat, My parents even comment on the tremendous change.

I have also learnt so much about different cultures and countries.

To sum up everything, i don't regret leaving Nigeria, Cus its been a whole lot of wonderful and sad experience.

my only regret is i miss my parents and family so much.  cry kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice On Traveling To Namibia. / Photos: Youngest Nigerian Female Pilot Is From Benue State And Is 23years / The UNTOLD Story Of SOBI MOUNTAIN In Ilorin, Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.