Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS (6701 Views)

Is It Hard For Foreigners To Get A Nigeria Visa / 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) / UK Ends Free NHS Care For Foreign Students & Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by DisGuy: 11:08pm On Jul 03, 2013
jedisco: Where are the people (especially forsbel and co) who always insult Nigerian doctors for not giving patients free treatment?

The funny thing is that they always use the NHS as an example.

I guess you guys can now see that there is no free lunch anywhere. Any service you use freely is paid for by someone.

Well in case of an emergency they will still get treated irrespective of their status as it has always been, better than the 'go get a police report first and deposit before we can stabilize you gunshot wound to the head model'

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by favorfavor: 12:15am On Jul 04, 2013
Who still dey go UK in 2013

Nija for life cheesy-LOL
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 04, 2013
justwise:

This is unfair to foreign students.
they can always go back home if they feel its unfair though
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by justwise(m): 8:19am On Jul 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: they can always go back home if they feel its unfair though

They are doing that already, fewer are choosing the UK as a preferred country to study in.

NHS is not free anyway, students working part time pays NI, they pay for prescription and now have to pay 200 a year.

Ridiculous, while those on benefit pays nothing. Universities will be silly not to fight this.
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by wayodude(m): 9:24am On Jul 04, 2013
All the 'i have red passport' gang havent turned up yet? wow!
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by donodion(m): 11:01am On Jul 04, 2013
dare2think: Its not bad. £200 pounds a year.

Got kidney problems?? heart problems?? liver problems??

Find a way to get a visa to the uk,

*faint on the street in a busy shopping center
* ambulance gets you
* doctors finds out you have other serious problems
* they ask for money for operations

Tell them to ask the British Embassy in Nigeria, you paid already!

chikena!! grin
Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho Ofone ho ho ho ho ho ho ho
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 04, 2013
justwise:

They are doing that already, fewer are choosing the UK as a preferred country to study in.

NHS is not free anyway, students working part time pays NI, they pay for prescription and now have to pay 200 a year.

Ridiculous, while those on benefit pays nothing. Universities will be silly not to fight this.
it's about £16,66 per month why are you acting as if they are being asked for £200 per month undecided
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by justwise(m): 11:17am On Jul 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: it's about £16,66 per month why are you acting as if they are being asked for £200 per month undecided

Even if its 9p a month its 9p too much, is not as if foreign students troop into NHS every month for treatment, like i said before they paid for this already through NI contributions and still pay for prescription.
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
justwise:

Even if its 9p a month its 9p too much, is not as if foreign students troop into NHS every month for treatment, like i said before they paid for this already through NI contributions and still pay for prescription.
the whole point is to cut down costs on their part, people always seem to forget that governments run on a budget because money doesn't fall from the sky or grow on trees. If people have a problem with England trying to manage their income wisely maybe people should just stop going to work and study in England. It really is that simply. It's funny how people always want the best of everything but they are not willing to pay for it
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by justwise(m): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: the whole point is to cut down costs on their part, people always seem to forget that governments run on a budget because money doesn't fall from the sky or grow on trees. If people have a problem with England trying to manage their income wisely maybe people should just stop going to work and study in England. It really is that simply. It's funny how people always want the best of everything but they are not willing to pay for it

We pay, we pay more than British citizens, so what are you going on about? What are we getting free?

When British citizens travel to other countries they pay per-use but British govt wants us to pay even before we use it.

Nobody is asking for free stuff, don't make me pay for something i don't use, if you want to talk about budget then tell the benefit scroungers to stop making babies like rabbit and get a job and pay for it.

If you want us to stop coming to England to study and work then get ready to ask British citizens living and working in Nigeria to book the next available flight back home
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 04, 2013
justwise:
If you want us to stop coming to England to study and work then get ready to ask British citizens living and working in Nigeria to book the next available flight back home
if u don't want to pay the £200 simply pack your bags and go back to your motherland where u will do as you deem fit, if not, simply pay the damn charges to access NHS. Stop making noise for nothing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2355152/Professor-J-Meirion-Thomas-A-200-wont-stop-foreigners-abusing-NHS-But-I-know-.html

To me it's sounds like a good idea that will also lessen the burden of taxpayers
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: if u don't want to pay the £200 simply pack your bags and go back to your motherland where u will do as you deem fit, if not, simply pay the damn charges to access NHS. Stop making noise for nothing
What happens to people who don't make use of hospitals, for example, I've been here for almost 10 months and I haven't visited the hospital once even though I'm entitled to free medical care. If I am now forced to pay this money, wouldn't that be a bad investment for me. Also foreign students pay double of what home students pay, why should they pay extra.
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by justwise(m): 12:40pm On Jul 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: if u don't want to pay the £200 simply pack your bags and go back to your motherland where u will do as you deem fit, if not, simply pay the damn charges to access NHS. Stop making noise for nothing

Obviously i'm not paying 200 and not ready to pack my bag yet, my advice for people who want to use free NHS service is to come with 6months visiting visa, they don't need to pay 200, that's how silly the policy is.

Brainless politicians, asylum seekers gets it free, rent free, council tax paid for them and they are not allowed to work, but people who come in legitimately are forced to pay services they may not use.

I support the GPs as they plan to kick-out the useless policy.
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2013
honey86:
What happens to people who don't make use of hospitals, for example, I've been here for almost 10 months and I haven't visited the hospital once even though I'm entitled to free medical care. If I am now forced to pay this money, wouldn't that be a bad investment for me. Also foreign students pay double of what home students pay, why should they pay extra.

Exactly!! Thats my point!!
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
honey86:
I also happen to pay for health insurance for years even though I don't make frequent visits to the hospitals. If people feel its too much for them they always have a choice to go back home or to other countries where they won't have to pay double and continue with their studies there. It really is as simple as that smiley
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2013
justwise:
Brainless politicians , asylum seekers gets it free, rent free, council tax paid for them and they are not allowed to work, but people who come in legitimately are forced to pay services they may not use.
then you complain that some of you are hated for nothing undecided
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 04, 2013
justwise:

Obviously i'm not paying 200 and not ready to pack my bag yet , my advice for people who want to use free NHS service is to come with 6months visiting visa, they don't need to pay 200, that's how silly the policy is.
then quit b* tchin abt it undecided
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by justwise(m): 1:34pm On Jul 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: then you complain that some of you are hated for nothing undecided

Hatred by some closed minded British like you is nothing new, asylum seekers are not breaking the law by claiming what they are entitled to by your own law.

I feel sorry for EDL-minded people like you because you are in minority.

Keep living in your dark corner with BNP mindset, people like you are being isolated on daily bases and if you think foreigners will stop coming here because policies like this then think again, there are enough loopholes for they to exploit
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
Majority of immigrants are law abiding bunch. It is a shame that free loaders and spungers have the upper hand here. Hence this and other proposals.

I do not blame the uk for the raft of laws/proposals. If na my house person dey come do like landlord or form over familiarity me sef go vex.

If you can afford it and still want to visit the uk then pay up. If not, findd another joint.
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 04, 2013
justwise:

Hatred by some closed minded British like you is nothing new, asylum seekers are not breaking the law by claiming what they are entitled to by your own law.

I feel sorry for EDL-minded people like you because you are in minority.

Keep living in your dark corner with BNP mindset, people like you are being isolated on daily bases and if you think foreigners will stop coming here because policies like this then think again, there are enough loopholes for they to exploit

shallow minded is the person who goes to a foreign land and expects to be treated the same way as citizens. It's common sense by making foreigners apart from asylum seekers pay the NHS charges it lessens the burden of taxpayers. It reduces the number of people that will depend on free medical care and it will reduce the number of health tourists that come in for the purposes of getting free medical care services. The NHS has been abused hence they decided to introduce a new policy that will be in favour of their economy more than it is for outsiders. When u are discriminated against because u so believe in figuring out the best way to exploit their economy, u start making noise about how u are hated. It's sad u even have to boast abt it in the post I quoted undecided if u have problems with England doing what's best their budget more than it is in favour of outsiders like you, why don't u move elsewhere. It's as simple as that
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by justwise(m): 2:52pm On Jul 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks:
shallow minded is the person who goes to a foreign land and expects to be treated the same way as citizens. It's common sense by making foreigners apart from asylum seekers pay the NHS charges it lessens the burden of taxpayers. It reduces the number of people that will depend on free medical care and it will reduce the number of health tourists that come in for the purposes of getting free medical care services. The NHS has been abused hence they decided to introduce a new policy that will be in favour of their economy more than it is for outsiders. When u are discriminated against because u so believe in figuring out the best way to exploit their economy, u start making noise about how u are hated. It's sad u even have to boast abt it in the post I quoted undecided if u have problems with England doing what's best their budget more than it is in favour of outsiders like you, why don't u move elsewhere. It's as simple as that

This is funny, what a plonker you are, listen..this policy will not work and very soon they back off like every other headline intended policies they have come up with recently.

People on 6months tourist visa don't need to pay the 200 and they are free to use the NHS, EU nationals can come in and use it as much as they want and go without paying the 200.

So at the end this policy will not save jack for the govt because the targeted group is so negligent.

Nobody is asking for free stuff from your govt, don't charge people for what they did not use, let people pay per use.

Charge me if i want to use NHS, don't make me pay for service i don't use. I don't want to pay for job shy benefit career claimers, junkies and binge drinkers who got flattered all weekends and keep ambulance busy all day

Who want to be treated the same in foreign land? This is coming from somebody who her govt ruined countries around the world, British colonised more countries on earth than any other country ever.

Where did they apply for visa when they were busying invading and loathing countries around the world?
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by dare2think: 3:09pm On Jul 04, 2013
Moni Cheeks

I keep noticing from your post words like 'outsider', 'leave' and 'go back home'. The xenophobic nature compounded in your posts makes your point, though salient, feels like an ulterior motive is being on show

Rhetorics like these reminds one of the early days of Hitler in Power, words like yours were used everyday to persecute the jews.

Just saying!
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 04, 2013
dare2think: Moni Cheeks

I keep noticing from your post words like 'outsider', 'leave' and 'go back home'. The xenophobic nature compounded in your posts makes your point, though salient, feels like an ulterior motive is being on show

Rhetorics like these reminds one of the early days of Hitler in Power, words like yours were used everyday to persecute the jews.

Just saying!
how did I become xenophobic okay what's the best term to use for a foreigner then?
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by jedisco(m): 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2013
Dis Guy:

Well in case of an emergency they will still get treated irrespective of their status as it has always been, better than the 'go get a police report first and deposit before we can stabilize you gunshot wound to the head model'

Yes they would get treated not because the doctor pays for it, but because a system has been set to cater for that and retrieve the funds later.

Like I keep saying, no country in the world offers free services at the cost of the doctor.

I am not supporting the situation of things in Nigeria, but I am against those who think a doctor should bear the financial burden of the care he offers and go on to mention the NHS as an example. I always ask them, how many NHS doctors have treated people and still go on to bear the cost because as far as offering free treatment (by will or by force) is concerned, you would be hard pressed to see those doing that better than our Nigerian doctors.
Re: Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS by dare2think: 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: how did I become xenophobic okay what's the best term to use for a foreigner then?

I explained why your posts sounded xenophobic. I am not attacking your person and did not call you xenophobic.Perhaps, you are not aware of how your posts sound.

Just thought I should highlight my observations to you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

South Korea Visa rules eased / Express Entry Or PNP Which Is Easier For PR To Canada? / With 2 Million Naira Where Can I Comfortably Migrate To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.