Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,928 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? (4037 Views)

Street Fighter 5 Nigeria Community On PS4 / Mortal Kombat X Release / What Is Your Mortal Kombat Best Player. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by Iykesmooth: 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
Just choose which game series u think is the most awesome,
tekken vs mortal kombat vs street fighter vs dead or alive vs soul calibur
which is the best versus game?
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by Kaycee7(m): 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
The best has already chosen itself.
The King of Iron Fist.
TEKKEN.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by Iykesmooth: 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
Tekken rili?
I thought mortal kombat and street fighter had more fans
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
its mortal kombat o
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by Kaycee7(m): 9:49pm On Jul 03, 2013
Tekken has almost every real-life fighting discipline. Homages to four known Martial Artists and Actors. Its also one of the few game series with a consistent and canon storyline. Give me a fighting game that can beat that.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by 2chains1(m): 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
Kaycee7: Tekken has almost every real-life fighting discipline. Homages to four known Martial Artists and Actors. Its also one of the few game series with a consistent and canon storyline. Give me a fighting game that can beat that.

Mortal kombat, one of the fathers of fighting games. One of the most impressive fighter roosters with movie, cartoons and series franchise. Gory and creative game play.

Next street fighter, fastest and most technical fighting game of the bunch. Movie, animated movies and anime series.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by Kaycee7(m): 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2013
2-chains:

Mortal kombat, one of the fathers of fighting games. One of the most impressive fighter roosters with movie, cartoons and series franchise. Gory and creative game play.

Next street fighter, fastest and most technical fighting game of the bunch. Movie, animated movies and anime series.
We are talking about best versus game not best franchise. And I say The King of Iron Fist rules the versus game genre.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by kimco(m): 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
mortal kombat is crap now though. so i'll go with teken even though i absolutely hate them all. wish the days of mk 3, ultimate mk and mk trilogy were back, those were the days of good fighting games.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by Kaycee7(m): 5:47pm On Jul 08, 2013
kimco: mortal kombat is crap now though. so i'll go with teken even though i absolutely hate them all. wish the days of mk 3, ultimate mk and mk trilogy were back, those were the days of good fighting games.
Have you played Mortal Kombat 2011? And how can you hate Tekken?
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by kimco(m): 4:33am On Jul 09, 2013
Kaycee7: Have you played Mortal Kombat 2011? And how can you hate Tekken?
Yeah I have played mk 2011. I'm not a fan of the fighting system tbh. I hate tekken cos I like some feedback when i hit my opponent in my fighting games (refer to mk 3, ultimate mk and trilogy). Tekken might do well presenting all those fighting styles but that's about it, I just ain't feeling it overall. The new mks have the feedback quite well but i'm just not feeling the game. Maybe it's cos I miss the run button, the best thing to happen to mk.

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by Kaycee7(m): 9:48am On Jul 09, 2013
kimco:
I'm not a fan of the fighting system tbh.
That explains it. To each his own, my broda.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by kimco(m): 10:34pm On Jul 11, 2013
Kaycee7: That explains it. To each his own, my broda.
Yeah let's agree to disagree. Buh let's both agree that mk3, umk3 and trilogy fight systems are waaay better than these new ''abominations''
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by Iykesmooth: 8:24am On Jul 12, 2013
Mortal kombat 2011 is better than any tekken or street fighter game.......but the best fighting game presently is
(injustice Gods among us) go watch some youtube videos if u dnt knw abt the game........it deals with superheroes like superman batman and co.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by kimco(m): 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
Iykesmooth: Mortal kombat 2011 is better than any tekken or street fighter game.......but the best fighting game presently is
(injustice Gods among us) go watch some youtube videos if u dnt knw abt the game........it deals with superheroes like superman batman and co.
Fighting system looks same, it'll get boring fast
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by Kaycee7(m): 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
kimco:
Yeah let's agree to disagree. Buh let's both agree that mk3, umk3 and trilogy fight systems are waaay better than these new ''abominations''
Supported. MK 2011 is a great game but you can tire of it after some time. Ultimate MK3 was the bomb. We could play till forever and still feel lyk we're just getting started.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by kimco(m): 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2013
Kaycee7: Supported. MK 2011 is a great game but you can tire of it after some time. Ultimate MK3 was the bomb. We could play till forever and still feel lyk we're just getting started.
Gbam
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by Iykesmooth: 10:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
kimco:
Fighting system looks same, it'll get boring fast
dude have u actually played the game? Am not talking abt jst watching d videos..... Injustice gods have things no video fighting game has ever seen.....have u ever seen someone being punched from earth 2 space I think not.....just slight similarity but in no way dsame.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by kimco(m): 9:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
Iykesmooth:
dude have u actually played the game? Am not talking abt jst watching d videos..... Injustice gods have things no video fighting game has ever seen.....have u ever seen someone being punched from earth 2 space I think not.....just slight similarity but in no way dsame.
Dat is not the fighting system dawg. Know ther difference. it doesn't matter the fighing features, mk 9 had that x ray vision thingy, no other fighting game had it, buh what happened? It got boring fast. The system is same. To think midway....erm....netherrealm studios will create a new engine for injustice is gross ignorance on your part.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by YoshiMaster: 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
Common people, it's Tekken all the way.

Tekken is just too technical men, keeps your opponents guessing.

Still a fan of MK and the rest, but those games just provide you basic moves, where as with Tekken, you really feel the fight come to life because of the many, many moves at your disposal.

BTW, you can get your games from:

www.justconsolesnigeria.com
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by Iykesmooth: 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2013
kimco:
Dat is not the fighting system dawg. Know ther difference. it doesn't matter the fighing features, mk 9 had that x ray vision thingy, no other fighting game had it, buh what happened? It got boring fast. The system is same. To think midway....erm....netherrealm studios will create a new engine for injustice is gross ignorance on your part.
too bad u are too backward 2 accept the changes of new fighting game evolution, it dosent matter what u think, presently injustice is the best fighting game in the world, if u wanna go back to the days of mk3 or 4 then i think u should but that dosent change the fact thant injustice trumps all presently.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by kimco(m): 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
Iykesmooth:
too bad u are too backward 2 accept the changes of new fighting game evolution, it dosent matter what u think, presently injustice is the best fighting game in the world, if u wanna go back to the days of mk3 or 4 then i think u should but that dosent change the fact thant injustice trumps all presently.
New doesn't equate good. It might ''trump'' all cos it's new. Believe me, it'll get boring as fast as the 3d mortal kombat games. The features are great no doubt, buh those things don't hardly make a fighting game last, the fighting mechanics do.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by kimco(m): 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
Common people, it's Tekken all the way.

Tekken is just too technical men, keeps your opponents guessing.

Still a fan of MK and the rest, but those games just provide you basic moves, where as with Tekken, you really feel the fight come to life because of the many, many moves at your disposal.

BTW, you can get your games from:

www.justconsolesnigeria.com
Agreed. The fighting system in tekken is soooo deep, deeper than any other. too bad it is more of a turn based fighting game. Plus the feedback on hits and combo isn't as satisfying as mortal kombat. That's my only gripe with it
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by Iykesmooth: 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
kimco:
New doesn't equate good. It might ''trump'' all cos it's new. Believe me, it'll get boring as fast as the 3d mortal kombat games. The features are great no doubt, buh those things don't hardly make a fighting game last, the fighting mechanics do.
go search online, alot of pple believe the 2011 mortal kombat is one of the best fighting game ever nt just the mortal kombat series, it even won polls against the best street fighter game and that alone speaks volume and presently injustice is been hailed as the better version of mk9 which isnt a bad thing, if u got bored from playing mk9 well dats just u, dat dsnt apply to everyone else ,infact all games can bore u when u play them time and time again.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by Kaycee7(m): 8:53am On Jul 19, 2013
kimco:
Agreed. The fighting system in tekken is soooo deep, deeper than any other. too bad it is more of a turn based fighting game. Plus the feedback on hits and combo isn't as satisfying as mortal kombat. That's my only gripe with it
Are you sure you know what turn-based means?
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by kimco(m): 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2013
Kaycee7: Are you sure you know what turn-based means?
yep, what u didn't understand was my diction. Compared to mk and most fighting games, it can be termed as a turn based, it spend too much tym on planning and observing. Of cos it's not really a turn base game, it's an exaggeration.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by kimco(m): 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2013
Iykesmooth:
go search online, alot of pple believe the 2011 mortal kombat is one of the best fighting game ever nt just the mortal kombat series, it even won polls against the best street fighter game and that alone speaks volume and presently injustice is been hailed as the better version of mk9 which isnt a bad thing, if u got bored from playing mk9 well dats just u, dat dsnt apply to everyone else ,infact all games can bore u when u play them time and time again.
You Go search online for mortal kombat tournaments. You'll see that most of them use mk2 or mk3/umk3. I belonged to an mk forum once and i know what i'm talking of. the new genration of mk gamers are swayed too much by flash. But even they get bored of it after a while.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by YoshiMaster: 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
Check out the fluidity in the tekken mechanics. I mean you can side step, evade, escape grabs, roll, roll to the side, roll forward, roll back, run forward, somersault back, parry blows...

I mean this game is just beyond insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvZ_-gz3EKE

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by Kaycee7(m): 5:49am On Jul 21, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
Check out the fluidity in the tekken mechanics. I mean you can side step, evade, escape grabs, roll, roll to the side, roll forward, roll back, run forward, somersault back, parry blows...

I mean this game is just beyond insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvZ_-gz3EKE
Just why I love it. The only other game to compete with it in terms of mechanics is Virtua Fighter.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by kimco(m): 8:41am On Jul 21, 2013
Kaycee7: Just why I love it. The only other game to compete with it in terms of mechanics is Virtua Fighter.
God i wish i enjoyed it as much as you guys. But i just can't bring myself to...i have tried.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by Kaycee7(m): 12:01pm On Jul 21, 2013
kimco:
God i wish i enjoyed it as much as you guys. But i just can't bring myself to...i have tried.
Its ok. Everyone can't be the same.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by YoshiMaster: 4:18pm On Jul 21, 2013
Kaycee7: Just why I love it. The only other game to compete with it in terms of mechanics is Virtua Fighter.

Yeah it definitely is badda.ss, I always tell my friends, in a real fight (lol, as if I'm gonna be fighting anybody like that) you have numerous options, your body can't be limited to one hadoken, one shoryuken, one spinning leg move, and basic punches and kicks.

In a real fight you gotta employ a lot of techniques, and to me that's what tekken provides.

Take Yoshimitsu for instance, he has a meditation move where he heals himself, you gotta love that. So what that means is a smart Yoshimitsu player can not only switch between the offensive and defensive, but he can look for an opportunity to go into meditation mode, probably after going on a very heavy offensive to buy himself some time while his opponent has been floored.
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Vstekken Vs Dead Or Alive Vs Soul Calibur? by YoshiMaster: 4:23pm On Jul 21, 2013
kimco:

Really doesn't matter, I too am a super fan of MK and street fighter, but that is more due to that fact that I like there "special" moves.

I grew up hearing the sounds of the "Hadoken", and every time I perform one in game till date, I get this nostalgic feeling. Same thing with sub-zeros freeze, and of course scorpions popular "Get Over Here" spear move.

Tekken is just a bit less limited, but of course to each their own.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Modern Combat 4 Multiplayer / Where Can I Download Pes2012 For A Nokia X2-01 / List Of Already Released Ps4 Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.