Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

ASUU Strike: Updates - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Updates (33164 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by Marv650(m): 12:54am On Jul 04, 2013
Here in futa hostelers are about to be sent parking strike don hot.
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by guttentag(m): 12:55am On Jul 04, 2013
What is the meaning of all this SHIT, So person no fit graduate again... i don tire self, which kind life be this

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by CooldudeY2J: 3:51am On Jul 04, 2013
Academic activities has been grounded in Uniabuja although there is this rumour about it opting out of the strike & trust uniabuja students they are all moving to town to visit there uncles and aunties (sugar dadies n mummies)
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by okey777(m): 4:09am On Jul 04, 2013
MOUAU joined yesterday
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by lexiie(f): 6:19am On Jul 04, 2013
ASUU STRIKE : HOLIDAY OR TORTURE +QUESTIONS UNANSWERED
http://evatese./2013/07/04/ASUU-strike-holiday-or-torture-questions-unanswered/
The strike bug has hit Nigerian Public Universities again. This time around its an indefinite strike. The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) On Monday July 1st commenced an indefinite nationwide strike. The reason for this action was because ’The Federal Government reneged in the Memorandum of Understanding MoU signed with ASUU in 2009 to pay lecturers their earn allowance.’ as said by ASUU national president Dr Nasir Isa Fagge.

The Federal Government, in 2009, promised to pay lecturers N12,500 per month as earn allowance but never did. The Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics, ASUP, are also on strike for the past 2 months .

Striking is an action which is synonymous with the Nigerian Government as It seems that the only language of force that government in Nigeria understands is language of strike . If the unions don’t strike then they don’t respond. How sad . Just recently , the NUT, National Union of Teachers just called off their strike which lasted for 3 weeks in some states of the federation. Is this the beginning of a long holiday or beginning of sadness and torture ?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by yormite: 6:42am On Jul 04, 2013
It was declared here @ oou during there rubbish nec meeting somebody tell that bayelsa fisher man to answer them a bunch of makawukus
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by heartdesir(f): 7:04am On Jul 04, 2013
Strik or no strike, my sch (UNN) wnt b affected cos our final year students hav fnshed deir exams and other levels da stl hav exam will finish today so da we cn go 4long vac
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by guttentag(m): 7:51am On Jul 04, 2013
Good will forever punish the leaders of this nation
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 04, 2013
We nigeria student are the course of our predicament,imagine state uni going on strike,shey na FG dey pay there salary,most of dis lecturer are dumb ass.wish say na my VC be president.he no dey waste time sack any lecturer wey want cause strike,where enuf graduate dat re beta than u dey ground.ASUU ,itz a pity we dnt ve a gud NANS president,if nt dis nonsense shld stop.if ASUU get issue with FG,go and complain nt distract student reading.Anyway d ASUU president na hausa man wat do u expect.malu
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by Lilshaddy(m): 7:58am On Jul 04, 2013
I am really proud of my school,the better by far university UNILORIN,the best university in nigeria.we've been through with our second semester exam since last two weeks.We dont strike,just enjoying our hols dats all

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by omotayos01(m): 8:06am On Jul 04, 2013
lakesider: Who s forcing this people to lecture,if lecturing cannot pay your bill, please find other jobs that can .stop wasting peoples life
if dem no lecture again, na u go kon lecture abi mtcheeew
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by drealdoc89(m): 8:07am On Jul 04, 2013
OVER HERE IN DELSU,ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES STILL ON-GOING,BUT ON A SLOW RATE. COS SOME DEPTS STILL HAD LECTURES YESTERDAY. THIS STRIKE AINT GONNA BE FUNNY AT ALL!
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by omotayos01(m): 8:14am On Jul 04, 2013
philfearon:
Gbam!
Best comment of the year...
ode, kon teach us na abi u tink say employin profesor and doctor is easy to comeby even if dey are available. To whom brain is givin, sense is expected
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by Fanccy: 8:59am On Jul 04, 2013
Kesmakveli: Here @ unizik, we don't know strike and strike don't know us! Great GIant!!! Great!

for your information our exam yesterday dud not hold just because of the strike.
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 04, 2013
reporting live 4rm FUTO, academic activities had been brought 2 an abrupt stop following d announcement by d senate... D studentz ar jst confused!
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by blessed4ril(f): 9:25am On Jul 04, 2013
Please students of OAU, wats d strike situation in ur school now.
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by free2ryhme: 9:57am On Jul 04, 2013
bbulldog: senseless vibe from your mouth, human shit

Were you born a slowpoke or you just worked on it?
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by Euckybaby(f): 10:34am On Jul 04, 2013
Uniuyo stil pending.... Lols
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by piagetskinner(m): 10:42am On Jul 04, 2013
Unilorin.. remains out of ASUU..as always grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by endee91(m): 10:43am On Jul 04, 2013
Life here in FUTO is still a bit normal, though the amount of lecturers coming are dwindling down.
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by piagetskinner(m): 10:46am On Jul 04, 2013
Lilshaddy: I am really proud of my school,the better by far university UNILORIN,the best university in nigeria.we've been through with our second semester exam since last two weeks.We dont strike,just enjoying our hols dats all
Seconded oo...UNiLORIn my al mamata grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 04, 2013
Reporting live from ogun state..AREPO university is yet to join the strike..Probably,next week.
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by eprynce(m): 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2013
Arewa Warrior: ASUU wants 92B from FG in what they call allowances. The Min of Education's budget is around 426BN this year in which i stand to be corrected only about 50B or 60B is for capital expenditure, the rest is recurrent, and ASUU are the chief benefactors of the ministry's recurrent expenditure. The Govt cannot be totally exonerated BUT! ASUU demends are not only unreasonable but absurd!

My young man and others, I chose your comment because you seem to be one of the few who has somewhat of a grip on what is happening. However, I want to let you know that ASUU or any other union for that matter does not just wake up and make demands (N92B in this case). Often times, these demands or amounts are accumulated monies owed them by the FG. While at UNN, between 1999 and 2004 (extra years due to strike), I experienced about six strike actions! All due to the same issues as today. The FG is not clearing these arrears and so they keep piling up! Don't be surprised if you hear that part of those allowances are from even before my days on campus. As for ASUU, I think they need to figure out other ways to get what is due to them without necessarily interrupting academic work on campus. After all, after the student suffer and they get paid, they don't give you a dime.
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by ubong560(m): 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2013
Great malabites/malabresses, here we go again even after a backward academic calendar. God dey sha! Abeg who don reach sch. make em yarn us abeg o.
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by dexxolydian: 12:46pm On Jul 04, 2013
calmdude: As una many reach wen dey view this topic. Una no go comment?
shay na by force ni abi nau get my fone ni
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by lanrecelebrity: 2:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
Na 4 UNILAG they announce am self...Na d dey wey dem announce na him we join....pple don go house.
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by justplainpaul(m): 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
drealdoc89: OVER HERE IN DELSU,ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES STILL ON-GOING,BUT ON A SLOW RATE. COS SOME DEPTS STILL HAD LECTURES YESTERDAY. THIS STRIKE AINT GONNA BE FUNNY AT ALL!
pls can i get info on delsu from u?
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by Chimerase(m): 4:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
okey777: MOUAU joined yesterday
since. And I de do ma project for hand cry
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by habeeb246(m): 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2013
hmmm, OOU nothin lyke ASUU strike,'dats external* cus our sch strike don reach us!! Saburi
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by ayoyori(m): 5:27pm On Jul 04, 2013
blessed4ril: Please students of OAU, wats d strike situation in ur school now.
.xams in oau finishin 2man nd dn stryk startz immediately
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by touchplay(m): 5:33pm On Jul 04, 2013
king arizona: Reporting live from IMSU owerri - just came back from sch.... No lectures !!!

___________________________________________________________________________________

LAST BOMB- ASUU should call off their stupid STRIKE oo!!! Boys aint smiling!!!
Re: ASUU Strike: Updates by touchplay(m): 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
king arizona: Reporting live from IMSU owerri - just came back from sch.... No lectures !!!

___________________________________________________________________________________

LAST BOMB- ASUU should call off their stupid STRIKE oo!!! Boys aint smiling!!!
arizona reporting 4Rm akwakuma haнaɑº°˚=Dнaнaɑº°=DНaнaɑº°˚=Dнaнaɑº°=D=D oga do cm collect ya 5K,or else i Go chaw †ђξ tin oo,na ur pman i dEy look......-----n back 2 †ђξ matter,jst cAme back 4rm lag yes8DaY n †ђξ best imsu cud tel mi Der on strike.....Al †ђξ same,make dem cari one,God dey...thanks 2 †ђξ weda,.....na 2 begin score goal na im sure pass,imSu chics on point....****

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNILAG Speaks On MC Oluomo’s Invitation To Campus Event / National Open University Of Nigeria (abuja Study Centre) / We ARE In 300level But We Have Not Seen Any Of Our Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.