Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

How To Turn On The Touchpad Of A Laptop! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Turn On The Touchpad Of A Laptop! (846 Views)

Laptop touchpad and usb mouse malfunction when charging. / My Acer Aspire 4720z Will Not Turn On! / Faulty Hp 530 Touchpad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Turn On The Touchpad Of A Laptop! by HERO111: 11:37am On May 16, 2008
Hi,
pls how do i fix my toshiba laptop touchpad. its not responding at all. or is it dat the setting must have been turned off without my knowledge? if that is the case, then how do i turn the touchpad ON again from the setting? pls help its urgent
thnx
Re: How To Turn On The Touchpad Of A Laptop! by Maleeq(m): 1:36pm On May 16, 2008
Have you tried using an external USB or PS/2 mouse to see if the pointer actually moves?

Well, to confirm the state, and enabling, of your touchpad:

- Navigate to Control Panel -> Mouse
- On the dialog that pops up, select the "Device Settings" tab
- Press the "Enable" button if it is active. If it is not, then press the "Reset Devices".

Hope this helps

Cheers!
Re: How To Turn On The Touchpad Of A Laptop! by emeka88(m): 2:10pm On May 19, 2008
If the touchpad of your laptop is not responding at all. then it could be that the touchpad driver is not installed. if it was installed, then it may have been unistalled unknowingly. I suggest you go toshipa support website and type the exact model of your laptop. follow the prompts, download the touchpad driver and install it. I think that will solve your problem.

(1) (Reply)

Apple Powermac G5 Doesn't Boot Up. / s / Best Computer Blog Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.