Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel (20931 Views)

Civilian-JTF Claims Shekau Was Arrested / Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) / Photo Shows Civilian-JTF Going To War With Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by Marotzke(m): 12:55pm On Jul 04, 2013
HAH: I was in maiduguri last week and I saw the so called civilian jtf, to be frank they are just bunch of gangstars and thief whose operation were hindered by boko haram terrorism as well, you see them taking weed openly brandishing dangerous weapons like the interhamwes of Rwanda.

If this boys are not regulated and well monitored I think we are creating another monster, weapons should be left with security agents, the boys should only provide intelligence to army and police.
I am sure if not for the activities of civilian Jtf , you would not have set your feet near Maiduguri.. For God's sake Boko haram kill indiscriminately attracting punitive reprisals from the army. these civilian Jtf inconveniences you with thorough searches which is even for your good. why don't you wait for them to get rid of boko haram first before agitating for what will become of them later. I have no problem with their searches and thuggish behavior. it is better than being slaughtered like a ram.

2 Likes

Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by Pdizzle(m): 1:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
if there is one thing civilians shouldnt mess with..its weapons
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by collynzo2(m): 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
Marotzke: I am sure if not for the activities of civilian Jtf , you would not have set your feet near Maiduguri.. For God's sake Boko haram kill indiscriminately attracting punitive reprisals from the army. these civilian Jtf inconveniences you with thorough searches which is even for your good. why don't you wait for them to get rid of boko haram first before agitating for what will become of them later. I have no problem with their searches and thuggish behavior. it is better than being slaughtered like a ram.
True! I prefer any indian hemp smoking thug to boko haram anyday!
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by splashbaby(m): 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
This development will lead to a better problem in future!

1 Like

Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by dreelminati: 1:09pm On Jul 04, 2013
what ever means they want to use to stop the menace of boko haram is welcome
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by MichaelKurtz: 1:11pm On Jul 04, 2013
HELLO FOLKS,.. For those which their MTN MAGIC SIM CARDS HAS STOPPED WORKING... here's a chance to continue surfing for free

NEW MTN MAGIC SIM SETTINGS now available...
Note= I don't sell the sim, it's do it yourself (diy) procedure.

And yes, I don't give out the settings for free,price is (1500)interested guys should call me on (08¹695²5o¹⁴)

To god be the glory cool
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by vicope: 1:11pm On Jul 04, 2013
Marotzke: I am sure if not for the activities of civilian Jtf , you would not have set your feet near Maiduguri.. For God's sake Boko haram kill indiscriminately attracting punitive reprisals from the army. these civilian Jtf inconveniences you with thorough searches which is even for your good. why don't you wait for them to get rid of boko haram first before agitating for what will become of them later. I have no problem with their searches and thuggish behavior. it is better than being slaughtered like a ram.

Pls help me tell him oh! I was harrased severally in Maiduguri by the so-called military JTF because I didn't have a student ID card (I graduated in 2010), they rfused to recognize my driver's license and extorted money from me on several occassions. But when I encountered the civilian JTF, I was scared initially cos of their appearances and the matchetes with them, but they only asked to search my bag and I obeyed. After which they allowed me to go freely without asking for a dime. On wednesday last week, while I was about leaving Maiduguri, I saw those civilian JTF caught a Boko Haram member and cut off his ear before handing him to the military. It is worthy to note that those civilian JTF don't kill their captives but hand them over to the military. Even the driver who took me to Borno Express park acknowledged that if it wasn't for those civilian JTF, they wouldn't be relative peace in Maiduguri.
I have videos on my phone which I captured secretly on my return trip from Maiduguri. It shows how ur so-called military men extort money from drivers and passengers plying the maiduguri-yobe-bauchi route. Too bad I can't post it online for my own safety!

2 Likes

Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by IGBOSON1: 1:15pm On Jul 04, 2013
Afro connect: The civillian jtf should be boosted,the bravest among them should be organised and mobilised with patrol trucks with a mandate to kill when their life or the life of innocent Nigerians is being threatened by terrorists.
They should be issued adequate training and recognised as a paramilitary/vigilante force under the Army command.

^^^Spot on.....fighting those murderous bastards, dem think say na beans!
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2013
vicope:

Pls help me tell him oh! I was harrased severally in Maiduguri by the so-called military JTF because I didn't have a student ID card (I graduated in 2010), they rfused to recognize my driver's license and extorted money from me on several occassions. But when I encountered the civilian JTF, I was scared initially cos of their appearances and the matchetes with them, but they only asked to search my bag and I obeyed. After which they allowed me to go freely without asking for a dime. On wednesday last week, while I was about leaving Maiduguri, I saw those civilian JTF caught a Boko Haram member and cut off his ear before handing him to the military. It is worthy to note that those civilian JTF don't kill their captives but hand them over to the military. Even the driver who took me to Borno Express park acknowledged that if it wasn't for those civilian JTF, they wouldn't be relative peace in Maiduguri.
I have videos on my phone which I captured secretly on my return trip from Maiduguri. It shows how ur so-called military men extort money from drivers and passengers plying the maiduguri-yobe-bauchi route. Too bad I can't post it online for my own safety!
thanks. Atleast it's good to have people feeding us realistic report. Kudos

2 Likes

Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by confusion247(m): 1:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
smajatt: i guess d military presence in those area is worth d problem cos atleast the boko haram guys have not been able to co ordinate attack on innocent people and churches, they are busy engage with the army.. thats very good.. please Nigerian army don't give them breathing space.and to the brave civilian jtf God bless you.
Yes.....many of us have seen the success of military deployment on those area or the success of the so called state of emergency, but some people are not happy with this progress, they still want federal government to grant murderers and terrorist(boko haram) amnesty.
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by hod898(m): 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
CrazyMan: I thought they were fighting with sticks, bottles cutlass...etc.

They now have guns?

So what happens after boko haram is defeated, would they (civilian JTF) hand over the guns to the JTF or will they keep it for themselves, divide into various sects for personal interests, and become the same terror they fought so hard to destroy...
what u wanted them to go and fight wit ppl who dnt tink dey hv a life to liv nd hv decidd t fight indiscriminately evn wit the last drp of blad; nd then they(civilian jtf), who tink dey hv a dream 4 demselves nd dier community, shld fight wit only crude weapons? The bh boys'll only position themslvs nd gun them down. Evn if the civilian jtf turn out t b a threat to d society, they cannt go t d extent these insurgents hv gone-- using rpg's, suicide bombing, attacking vulnerable villagers, etc. U knw what? When they're done d govt.'ll compensate dem nd offer them the opportunity of being actual soldiers... If they accpt, fine bt if nt they'll hv t mv on wit thier lives nd b heroes of Nigeria, period. If u show these bh boys dat u're afraid, u'll end up encouraging them.

1 Like

Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by vicope: 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
9jadelta: thanks. Atleast it's good to have people feeding us realistic report. Kudos
I appreciate you bro! It saddens me a lot that some people will decide to use this forum and the internet in general as an avenue to spread half-truth and wrong information to the rest of Nigerians thereby creating unnecessary panic and chaos!
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by stebell(m): 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2013
BlessedFellow: At this point, I don't think there is anything like *civilian* JTF. Anyone who engages his/her enemy with a deadly weapon (AK47, AK49, AR15 or whatever) is no longer a *civilian*.

My greatest worry is that the use of *civilian* JTF may boomerang and become a thorn in the flesh of Nigeria if this war against boko haram eventually ends!
My guy that is hw words are coined. No matter de kind of arms D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ carry, as long as D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ don't hv dat training, they are still civilians. Maybe yu shud call them "armed youths".

1 Like

Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by chi4ik(m): 1:55pm On Jul 04, 2013
Its good τ̅ђa̶̲̥̅̊t civilian JTF has gun now, this will make them to be strong against boko haram cos U̶̲̥̅̊ can't fight boko haram with only stick $ cutlass. More grace Civillian jft

2 Likes

Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by PedroJP(m): 2:21pm On Jul 04, 2013

Tell am oooo. Don't know whether dem want make them carry Bible go de patrol. Dem de do gentle man for where life de at stake ?
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by lukeman8880: 2:33pm On Jul 04, 2013
Civilian Jtf knws BH hideout and terrain of d area, arming dem is d best 2 confront BH for their lyf safety, then govt should later recruit dem into various armed forces in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by kiyosaki1(m): 2:34pm On Jul 04, 2013
vicope: I don't believe this story a bit. Civilian JTFs are not armed, not even local guns! They only move about with clubs and machetes. I was in Maiduguri last week, I visited a lot of places in town, I studied their modus operandi and I can categorically say that Civilian JTFs don't hold guns except a new development has taken place after I left Maiduguri.

It is worthy to note that the civilian JTFs don't engage armed boko haram members in battle, instead they (civilian JTF) have a way of intelligently picking them one after the other when thy are not in groups!
So matchets and club are not arms!
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by kiyosaki1(m): 2:40pm On Jul 04, 2013
vicope: I don't believe this story a bit. Civilian JTFs are not armed, not even local guns! They only move about with clubs and machetes. I was in Maiduguri last week, I visited a lot of places in town, I studied their modus operandi and I can categorically say that Civilian JTFs don't hold guns except a new development has taken place after I left Maiduguri.

It is worthy to note that the civilian JTFs don't engage armed boko haram members in battle, instead they (civilian JTF) have a way of intelligently picking them one after the other when thy are not in groups!
So matchets and clubs are not arms!
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by kiyosaki1(m): 2:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
lukeman8880: Civilian Jtf knws BH hideout and terrain of d area, arming dem is d best 2 confront BH for their lyf safety, then govt should later recruit dem into various armed forces in Nigeria.
Why creating another problem in trying to solve one
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by Aedesmuskeeto: 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2013
vicope:
while I was about leaving Maiduguri, I saw those civilian JTF caught a Boko Haram member and cut off his ear before handing him to the military.
HOLY SHOIT., that serves'em right.

Let them share the pain..

1 Like

Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by kiyosaki1(m): 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2013
chi4ik: Its good τ̅ђa̶̲̥̅̊t civilian JTF has gun now, this will make them to be strong against boko haram cos U̶̲̥̅̊ can't fight boko haram with only stick $ cutlass. More grace Civillian jft
Are they properly train in the use of arms ? Did they do proper background check on them ? What method of screening was adopted in selecting them ? What's the work of military intelligent personnels languishing in our various barracks ? These are some of the questions begging for answer
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by kiyosaki1(m): 2:57pm On Jul 04, 2013
chi4ik: Its good τ̅ђa̶̲̥̅̊t civilian JTF has gun now, this will make them to be strong against boko haram cos U̶̲̥̅̊ can't fight boko haram with only stick $ cutlass. More grace Civillian jft
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by vicope: 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
kiyosaki1: So matchets and clubs are not arms!
Please pardon my mistake! What I meant was they are not armed with guns.....not even local guns. Sorry for the error. wink
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by splashbaby(m): 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
Many Boko Haram are in many form! Those that support them on Nairaland, Those that attack them with Boko Haramic words
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by successking: 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2013
No matter how messed up the situation is, Shekau's head must roll in the dust of the earth very soon.
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by jayhembolaji: 8:00am On Jul 05, 2013
Are u insane? Those civilian jtf, are they not muslims
Re: Civilian JTF, Boko-Haram In Gun Duel by naijatruth: 8:01am On Jul 05, 2013
[quote author=stebel

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/civilian-jtf-boko-haram-engage-in-gun-duel/152394/[/quote]
In a war there is no sentiment, no compromise, no gender inequality, no deference to either islamic nor Christianity tenets otherwise u pay wit ur life. JTF becareful, wht a man can do a WOMAN can do better. Absolute scrutiny 2 all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Pay Your Workers", Buhari Tells Governors / Rochas Okorocha Denies Calling Omojuwa "Stupid", Says It's 'Photoshopped' / PDP Crisis: Northern Group Rejects Atiku, Endorses Wike As Party Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.