Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! (1010 Views)

Bayelsa Govt. Reveals Real Cause Of Alamieyeseigha’s Death / Cause Of Lagos Explosion Revealed / Buhari Presidency’s Response To The Trent: Our Position - The Trent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by tomakint: 8:54am On Jul 04, 2013
The remote cause of the Civil War can be traced to the corruption of the day that had engulfed the whole federation during the ill-fated First Republic, the politicians of those days saw themselves as masters to be served rather as servants to serve, they saw themselves as tin gods to be revered rather as fellow humans privileged in their respective posts to champion the cause of the masses, they saw themselves as the fortunate ones while the led as the unfortunate ones. There was widespread of corruption, lawlessness represented in every nooks and crannies of the country and to worsen the whole situation, there were spates of bloodshed ravaging the whole of the western region at that time and order must be restored at all cost – this gave way for the first military coup of January 15th, 1966!

The first military coup came up for a reason, to rid the federation of bad eggs, without any of the actors nursing any ambition to lord it over the whole federation in the capacity of leadership. They (the actors of that coup) where all hailed as heroes and seen as the saviours of the masses who have been under the Iron hands of the corrupt politicians. Unfortunately, while Nzeogwu kept to his side and did his own assignment well bereft of partiality, his comrades-in-arms in Lagos especially, bungled the exercise by being trigger happy against their fellow soldiers while leaving out the politicians (that are from their tribes) that have been initially penciled down for elimination hence giving the well planned revolutionary-coup a different and one-sided colour, mischievously tagged, “Igbo Coup” (Of course I have always believed it was not an Igbo Coup)! As usual the rest is history.
Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by andresia(m): 9:47am On Jul 04, 2013
And who is Tomakint?

8 Likes

Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by tomakint: 10:24am On Jul 04, 2013
andresia: And who is Tomakint?
Stick with the topic if you will and stop acting up! To your question, 'one of a kind' undecided
Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by patimore: 10:33am On Jul 04, 2013
An attention seeker

6 Likes

Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by eggheaders(m): 10:38am On Jul 04, 2013
another senseless contraption from our in-house Android. the first coup gat national interest but the spearheaders didn't deem it fit to kill their own tribesman. while other people heros were killed for charity.damn some people need quality time in aro asap.

5 Likes

Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by Ufeolorun(m): 10:50am On Jul 04, 2013
grin cheesy A flipping summary dismissal of the thread and its worn out topic moreover,You deserve a medal for community service because you might have just rescued sane members of this community from another fruitless ramblings

4 Likes

Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by sheyguy: 10:58am On Jul 04, 2013
So people still discuss the cause of Jan '66 coup. Nairaland needs to move ahead, but with topics like this i doubt Nl can move.
Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by tomakint: 11:15am On Jul 04, 2013
eggheaders: another senseless contraption from our in-house Android. the first coup gat national interest but the spearheaders didn't deem it fit to kill their own tribesman. while other people heros were killed for charity.damn some people need quality time in aro asap.
Stick with curses, incantations, lies, your type is not wanted here son! You may scram now boy undecided
Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 04, 2013

-One of Insincere9gerians other NL ID

-A paid PDP agent on NL

-One of the 40 Laptop crew

-A funny guy

-A cool guy all the same and I look forward to seeing his wuruwuru threads

1 Like

Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by tomakint: 11:49am On Jul 04, 2013
Kamanda:

-A paid PDP agent on NL

-A funny guy

You no well Kamanda, don't let me take on you oooo cheesy You know I am not an insincere Nigerian, you know I am not a paid PDP agent on NL, well I could be funny and cool but I am a confirmed REALIST! I don't pretend!
Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by Desola(f): 11:51am On Jul 04, 2013
talo bere ejo lenu aja?

5 Likes

Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by tomakint: 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
Desola: talo bere ejo lenu aja?

talo bere ejo lenu omo eran shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by eggheaders(m): 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
tomakint:
Stick with curses, incantations, lies, your type is not wanted here son! You may scram now boy undecided

eeyah he pain am he wan cry. come the adekunle thread let me thrash you.

2 Likes

Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by eggheaders(m): 12:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
tomakint:
Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by Desola(f): 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
eggheaders:

eeyah he pain am he wan cry. come the adekunle thread let me thrash you.

oro na dun, o fe ke! grin
Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by tomakint: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2013
Desola:

oro na dun, o fe ke! grin
Bobo yii, o tun ti de bi cheesy
Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
tomakint:
You no well Kamanda, don't let me take on you oooo cheesy You know I am not an insincere Nigerian, you know I am not a paid PDP agent on NL, well I could be funny and cool but I am a confirmed REALIST! I don't pretend!

grin
Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by andresia(m): 2:04pm On Jul 04, 2013
Kamanda:

-A paid PDP agent on NL

-A funny guy

That is contradictory, an insincere (dishonest) fellow who is a paid PDP laptop dog cannot be a cool guy na sad
Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by dayokanu(m): 4:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
Another senseless post

1 Like

Re: Tomakint's Position: The Remote Cause Of The Civil War! by tomakint: 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
dayokanu: Another senseless post
Ogbomosho G... let's leave the consonant between me and you undecided

(1) (Reply)

Sad News:~~boko Haram Kills 35 In Borno Village Attack / Describe Asari Dokubo In One Sentence / PDP Onitsha Rally: A House Divided Within Itself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.