Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,935 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682760 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 10:18pm On Feb 22, 2019
Supernatural198:
Good evening family, pls can someone enlighten me on the biometric ,how is it done and where is it done.thank u
After submitting your application, in about a day or 2, sign back into your profile and print your biometric letter and head to the VSF office with your international passport for your biometrics. If you are in Lagos, you may wish to book appointment on VSF website to avoid unnecessary queue and delay when you get there, if you are in Abuja, just walk in from 8-3pm and take your biometrics in few minutes. That's it.

However, if it's paper application, you do your biometrics immediately while submitting your application. Note that biometrics lasts for 10years now.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rowon(m): 10:31pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hi people. I have been silent reader of this thread and I must commend everyone for their contributions most especially the gurus here.
Pls I am a bit confused, I want to go the paper route but I don't know if I have to create a GCKEY or not and also if I will be needing paper passport for paper application.
Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Supernatural198: 1:04am On Feb 23, 2019
Okay ma,thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 11:02pm On Feb 23, 2019
rowon:
Hi people. I have been silent reader of this thread and I must commend everyone for their contributions most especially the gurus here.
Pls I am a bit confused, I want to go the paper route but I don't know if I have to create a GCKEY or not and also if I will be needing paper passport for paper application.
Thanks
You will submit your current international passport with your application. However, you have to make coloured copies of your passport data page and take to the embassy. You can link your paper application online so you can track. Go to the website, you will see link on how to link it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by pointednose: 1:10pm On Feb 24, 2019
Did you have to attach you and your husband's statement of accounts even though your husband was the main applicant?
gingalady:

Hello,
1) well I moved it to one account and printed that statement.
2)my husband was the main applicant, so he was the sponsor and I was listed as dependent and he is not travelling with me
3) I had a lump deposit too so I wrote a cover letter explaining the source of the funds
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by pointednose: 1:14pm On Feb 24, 2019
From what you wrote, I am assuming your daughter was born in the US which makes her a US citizen. Why did you have to apply for Visa for her to visit Canada? Thanks
gingalady:

I had 3.1M in my account but it was for all 3 of us so anything below is also Fine for just one person
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jaykinde: 6:09pm On Feb 24, 2019
Please I have some questions, and need your help. In 2016 I actually wanted to give birth to my first child in Canada but somehow they denied me visa.My friend studying at that time gave me an invite they had their list of reasons which I can't remember and no access to the page cos it is now closed. My application was March 2016 without US visa. I finally got US that same March so I had my LO June 2016 in US. I also have a valid visa cos I did dropbox April 2018 renewed with out any issue. But I want to reapply with out any invite for Tourism and Childbirth I intend to declare. I am due in May. Please any tips/hints and information will be appreciated. @justwise @hotstepper please guide me[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jaykinde: 7:15pm On Feb 24, 2019
Good Evening please share your hospital and Dr's details you used in applying with me.

I have been a silent reader of this page, applied for US visa but was denied based on the last bill I received after I had my princess in 2015. I reluctantly applied for �� TRV, submitted on the 26th, biometric message received on the 27th , biometrics done on the 29th. Visa approved today, 14th February. I am heading to Edmonton by first week for in March.[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Supernatural198: 5:28pm On Feb 26, 2019
Good evening mommas,pls i just need to verify tuitions,finally submitted my application,however i scanned my first bank statement page which carries the balance nd the last page which shows all the credit,debits for the last 8months...hope thats fine as i was thinking all the pages were too much..about 36 pages.so i only upload the first and last
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Shilohzmum: 4:20am On Feb 27, 2019
Hello house.....Got in weeks ago to Toronto with my 2yrs old
POE was SMOOTH!!!
Officer:visiting?
Reply:yes
Officer:2months?
Me:yeah
Offiicer:does your husband know you re here?
Me:sure(smiles)
Officer:oh so u live together?
Me:Absolutely
Officer:has he contacted u since u landed?
Me:yes..wassap call,thankfully I used airport wifi
Officer:can I see ?
Me:i sharply showed him watsap cal log o
Officer:did he say he loves u?
Me:NO ooo..he rather said Thank God
Officer:why?
Me:cos he knows I hate long flights
Officer:u hv ur return ticket?
Me:yh...u wanna see?he said dnt bother
Officer:is she your 1st??
Me:yh....
Officer:is your husband coming?
Me:would hv been great like last summer if he came bt his busy with work this time
Officer:wat does he do?
Me:He imports house finishings like tiles,roofing sheets etc and sells wholesale to retailers/end users.
Officer:oh wow...hv a good stay.
Spent max 4mins ...he literally took d lead.
I hv settled with Dr Ted and Humber.They say the anesthesiologist will be paid on delivery day(rate will be stated by him/Her dat day)
Truth is,I prefer the medical system in the US nomata wat bt as they are on a denial spree...1 has little or no choice.

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Iamajoyfulmothe: 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2019
Hello

Thanks to all who have been useful towards the growth of this thread.

I applied for my visa towards end of November. Visiting visa, proof of very large funds from my business, applied alone, included documents showing property ownership, marriage certificate and letter of invitation from my friend who is a PR

Visa was approved mid January.

Entered into Toronto 2 weeks ago with my mum . Declared at POE that i intended to have a baby in Canada. Didn't indicate this in my application as i was planning to give birth in the U.S. when i applied for the Canadian visa

God was on my side, POE officer was nice and professional. Asked how much i had for the birth, communication with doctor, husband's occupation, length of stay, place of stay. He printed out a document stating my responses and that i had declared childbirth on entry. Asked me to hold on to it for future reference and applications (i think).

Mum and I were stamped in for about 90 days

5 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2019
Congratulations! Thank God for journey mercies.Glad u have settled in .
How is the US medical system?

quote author=Shilohzmum post=76168549]Hello house.....Got in weeks ago to Toronto with my 2yrs old
POE was SMOOTH!!!
Me:would hv been great like last summer if he came bt his busy with work this time
Me:He imports house finishings like tiles,roofing sheets etc and sells wholesale to retailers/end users.
I hv settled with Dr Ted and Humber.They say the anesthesiologist will be paid on delivery day(rate will be stated by him/Her dat day)
Truth is,I prefer the medical system in the US nomata wat bt as they are on a denial spree...1 has little or no choice.

[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:46pm On Feb 27, 2019
Welcome and Thank God for journey mercies.

Hotstepper:
Congratulations! Thank God for journey mercies.Glad u have settled in .

quote author=Shilohzmum post=76168549]Hello house.....Got in weeks ago to Toronto with my 2yrs old
POE was SMOOTH!!!

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Og3chukwu: 1:50pm On Feb 27, 2019
bamcyburg:
@Hotstepper please urgent reply. My wife and I contact a Doctor in Ottawa (Obygn). The secretary said we have to made payment of 2100CAD first (doctor fee) then receipt and some other things will be sent to us. Is it advisable to make the payment before submitting our application?

Hello please can you share the contact of the OBGYN in Ottawa?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Beedee2016: 3:58am On Feb 28, 2019
Good day house. I need link to get my baby's birth certificate, passport and Visa on arrival.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Sandypat: 11:29am On Feb 28, 2019
Birth Certificate- serviceontario.ca/newborn
Passport: walk into the passport office in your location
VOA: https://immigration.gov.ng/visa-on-arrival/

Beedee2016:
Good day house. I need link to get my baby's birth certificate, passport and Visa on arrival.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rowon(m): 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2019
Hello my people ,is there any difference in SOP, LOE and cover letter.
#Is the above written like a formal letter and addressed to the consular
# I am having issues downloading acrobat reader . Which other application can be used or how do I fix the acrobat reader.
# can I used tbills to support my account with a balance of 300k
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Greatg0809: 1:44am On Mar 01, 2019
Please for online route once you get on the cicc website please what form am I supposed to download for vacation and child birth pls
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Beedee2016: 2:57am On Mar 01, 2019
Sandypat:
Birth Certificate- serviceontario.ca/newborn
Passport: walk into the passport office in your location
VOA: https://immigration.gov.ng/visa-on-arrival/

Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nonkala: 11:36am On Mar 01, 2019
Address it however is ok to u.
Better still just a heading LOE
If u re having issues like I did, go to a biz center and download for N500 like I did
Pls go and look for money and upgrade ur acc, u can liquidate d TB if u ve cool money there
rowon:
Hello my people ,is there any difference in SOP, LOE and cover letter.
#Is the above written like a formal letter and addressed to the consular
# I am having issues downloading acrobat reader . Which other application can be used or how do I fix the acrobat reader.
# can I used tbills to support my account with a balance of 300k
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nonkala: 11:45am On Mar 01, 2019
I have been rejected twice and want to try my last chance since it’s just N30k.

Must there be letter of explanation as my issue is purpose of visit. I intend to use an invitation letter now but d one am getting is from Winnipeg while am going to Ontario, does it matter.
My second application I was able to justify my travel history and ties in Canada and country home in wch I stated I ve my family back here and a good job dt I can’t sacrifice for anything to stay back in Canada so I don’t know y d 2nd rejection remains I won’t leave Canada cos of purpose of visit

My advice pls don’t state childbirth else u ve been a constant visitor in Canada and u ve all medical correspondence, guess dts my problem wt dem so I don’t intend to mention it again afterall it’s already in my application, I intend filling just Visiting and do I stl do a letter of explanation
What do u think??

Thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Cmagnum(m): 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2019
Nonkala:
Address it however is ok to u.
Better still just a heading LOE
If u re having issues like I did, go to a biz center and download for N500 like I did
Pls go and look for money and upgrade ur acc, u can liquidate d TB if u ve cool money there

@rowon, hope this helps you n it’s not coming in late.... I got a denial today, n the reason was “ family ties in Canada n home”.. like u, I had my money invested in Tbills (am a business man, can’t have my money sitting in my account for no reason) statements: 12m tbills cert n less than 400k in two other accounts (one where tbills was bought n the other family
Expense account), n also 1.3kusd in dorm account. Saw your message earlier but didn’t want to advice as I was yet to get a reply from my own application I used the tbills cert.

Now here are the things I would love to share with you, as to help shape up your own application if you are yet to submit n for any other who falls in this our category. I won’t say I don’t know why the denial came in as anyone might see us (myself n wife) as a young couple about to run away from Nigeria. My application was tourism I used hospital address, n I wrote a cover letter explaining our giving birth in Canada, the tbills maturity dates and the (3 out of 6) intend to use for this trip n d one for backup. Budget sheet for the trip (20kcad) and previous vacations flight n hotel receipts was also added. (I advice you go thru your own application over n over n also decide on weather to liquidate some of your tbillls to have raw cash like greatly advised here or use the cert as proof of fund availability...which ever pls take ur time to decide)

Now my options which I will prefer older/experienced minds to advice me on:

Should I let my wife apply n go alone while I stay back as a tie in nigeria(lol)?.....(It will hurt my wife if I present this option...)

Or should we give birth in Naija n can do that for second child when we are ready? (She won’t be happy with this, as there was a reason why we want to shape our kids life a little differently from ours.)

Pls advice.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mizGene(f): 5:49pm On Mar 01, 2019
Supernatural198:
Good evening mommas,pls i just need to verify tuitions,finally submitted my application,however i scanned my first bank statement page which carries the balance nd the last page which shows all the credit,debits for the last 8months...hope thats fine as i was thinking all the pages were too much..about 36 pages.so i only upload the first and last
How can the 1st and last page only show all the debits and credits ? What is now contained in the other 34 pages?.
I advise you find a way to send the complete document, otherwise how can they truely assess your financial status/ cash flow? (Regular income, no suspicious large cash lodgements etc)
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Supernatural198: 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2019
I was thinking the 34pages will be much to upload,that's why i upload just the first and last,i believe they have ways to access the account if they need to verify anything.also i believe after an application has been submitted no extra document would be collected.
I stand to be corrected if i am wrong though
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2019
Supernatural198:
I was thinking the 34pages will be much to upload,that's why i upload just the first and last,i believe they have ways to access the account if they need to verify anything.also i believe after an application has been submitted no extra document would be collected.
way to access the account? I will advice you get the soft copy which is always just a few kb. You can decide to attach the first and last pages As well, don't forget to explain your reasons for doing that in your LOE. All the best
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Shilohzmum: 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2019
In the US my doctor was much more keen...Like demanding to even see the prenatal drugs I was on.He asked I stopped that 1 from Naija and continue with the ones he gave free to his patients.
Each visit in d US,tests n urine samples whr collected weekly liin d doctors office ...
A Patient is called prior to doctors visit to be reminded atleast..lol...here d are more concerned about wen visits are missed,so you pay a fine additional to initial visit fee.
Maybe it's me thou bt I sure prefer my US doctors visits experience. I pray the hospital visit on d main day would mk up .fingers crossed.

Here uote author=Hotstepper post=76181529]Congratulations! Thank God for journey mercies.Glad u have settled in .

POE was SMOOTH!!!

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 7:49pm On Mar 01, 2019
Supernatural198:

IMO you haven’t submitted your bank statement yet....

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Iamajoyfulmothe: 7:59pm On Mar 01, 2019
This might be unique to your doctor though.

My doctor's office in Canada calls the day before every appointment.

My urine is tested at every appointment.

I was given a new brand of prenatal drugs at my first visit

Early days yet but I've had an OK experience so far. By God's grace, it will only get better

[quote author=Shilohzmum post=76258843]In the US my doctor was much more keen...Like demanding to even see the prenatal drugs I was on.He asked I stopped that 1 from Naija and continue with the ones he gave free to his patients.
Each visit in d US,tests n urine samples whr collected weekly liin d doctors office ...
A Patient is called prior to doctors visit to be reminded atleast..lol...here d are more concerned about wen visits are missed,so you pay a fine additional to initial visit fee.
Maybe it's me thou bt I sure prefer my US doctors visits experience. I pray the hospital visit on d main day would mk up .fingers crossed.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Supernatural198: 9:00pm On Mar 01, 2019
Wow, am surprised...so how do i submit it then Because i already submitted my application...are there ways to attach documents after submission?

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.