Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,579 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (684566 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Thankful11011: 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
Good day hotstepper and other mamas and papas in the house, please I need help, I already have a B2 visa to the USA as that was my initial plan to go give birth there, but with the dollar situation and looking to also get a Canadian visa incase the dollar rate don't come down, am 6months pregnant already, and I will be 34 weeks October 7th and I plan to travel at least 34 weeks, please how long those it take to process the Canadian visa because I read somewhere that it takes 54 working days which is 3months and by then I would be gone past travelling, please I need your advise,
Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 4:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
Thankful11011:
Good day hotstepper and other mamas and papas in the house, please I need help, I already have a B2 visa to the USA as that was my initial plan to go give birth there, but with the dollar situation and looking to also get a Canadian visa incase the dollar rate don't come down, am 6months pregnant already, and I will be 34 weeks October 7th and I plan to travel at least 34 weeks, please how long those it take to process the Canadian visa because I read somewhere that it takes 54 working days which is 3months and by then I would be gone past travelling, please I need your advise,
Thanks
WORKING DAYS? I thought those were regular calendar days! All the same, those are estimated average days it took to process applications lately. Not really hard and fast as it were.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:40am On Jul 31, 2016
Use paper application. If u use online, forget canada

Thankful11011:
Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:44am On Jul 31, 2016
Lucky u if not u for go bk to where u were coming from. Another thing that would have worked na letterbox consent from ur hubby

hermosa:
@Omodu yes you need a Canadian guarantor when applying for your baby's passport.
Ive noticed a couple of folks trying to contact me via email please just ask any questions here and ill try and answer the ones I can remember.
To know the blunder I made at toronto airport clixk here http://mumsiehub.com/2016/07/30/myexperience-canadian-flight-authorities/
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Thankful11011: 8:13am On Jul 31, 2016
Hotstepper:
Use paper application. If u use online, forget canada

Thanks hotstepper,
Please how long those the paper application take?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
I don't know but most ppl got within 1 month

Thankful11011:

Thanks hotstepper,
Please how long those the paper application take?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Dayzeeray: 7:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
Hello hotstepper and everyone on this forum. Great job sharing relevant information y'all. I came across this page through Google while searching for Canadian birth and I've spent about a week going through pages 1-31 grin

God bless you @Hotstepper.

Now to my immediate question: Can I apply for a Canadian visa from the UK on a visit visa?

I'm asking this because I intend to go spend a month or two there and feel that by the time I return there would not be enough time for Canadian visa process. I'm 18 weeks already (4 months). Look forward to your replies.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2016
hello am wale am new on this forum, I want to ask a que, is it done or possible for Canada visas to be processed in Canada, I mean sending d passport to Canada, is it done is it possible? thanks for
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 07, 2016
hello forumites, I am new here, I want to ask is it possible to process Canada visa from Canada not involving Nigerian Canada embassy, is it possible? thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jinyeid: 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hi all again, I've heard that we need a Canadian citizen to guarantee the baby in order to give him the passport!! is this true? if yes, how can we find someone to do so?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 08, 2016
jinyeid:

Hi,

it was online and I had an inv. letter from my brother there and it came out around 3 weeks and for 4 years (my passport's expiry date) and Multiple entry cheesy

Anything else I can mention?

Hi Jinyeid.... Congrats. I didn't quickly see your response. Please i want to ask, when you got the approval email and deposited your passport with VFS, how long did it take before it was returned with the stamped visa by the CIC?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jinnyz: 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2016
To apply for the birth certificate and baby's Canadian passport do you need to go in person with baby or u can apply online? Prompt response will be appreciated! Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:45pm On Aug 08, 2016
Yes you can but to be sure, work to canadian consulate and ask or call them

Dayzeeray:
Hello hotstepper and everyone on this forum. Great job sharing relevant information y'all. I came across this page through Google while searching for Canadian birth and I've spent about a week going through pages 1-31 grin

God bless you @Hotstepper.

Now to my immediate question: Can I apply for a Canadian visa from the UK on a visit visa?

I'm asking this because I intend to go spend a month or two there and feel that by the time I return there would not be enough time for Canadian visa process. I'm 18 weeks already (4 months). Look forward to your replies.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:46pm On Aug 08, 2016
No

oduzbaba89:
hello am wale am new on this forum, I want to ask a que, is it done or possible for Canada visas to be processed in Canada, I mean sending d passport to Canada, is it done is it possible? thanks for
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:47pm On Aug 08, 2016
Birth certificates is done online and for passport, u have to go with the baby. If you will be picking up the passport, u have to go with the baby too

jinnyz:
To apply for the birth certificate and baby's Canadian passport do you need to go in person with baby or u can apply online? Prompt response will be appreciated! Thanks

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 10:49pm On Aug 08, 2016
Yes, the person must be canadian citizen. If you have none, u can use a notry public or lawyer

jinyeid:
Hi all again, I've heard that we need a Canadian citizen to guarantee the baby in order to give him the passport!! is this true? if yes, how can we find someone to do so?

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jinnyz: 12:03am On Aug 09, 2016
Hotstepper:

Birth certificates is done online and for passport, u have to go with the baby. If you will be picking up the passport, u have to go with the baby too

Thanks for your prompt response! From Calgary where is the closest city to get baby's passport? When you say picking up, can one opt for it to be posted rather than going in person again to pick it up?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jinyeid: 11:22am On Aug 09, 2016
Hi thanksss,, it took 3/4 working days and they called me to receive it wink all the best smiley

soletar:

Hi Jinyeid.... Congrats. I didn't quickly see your response. Please i want to ask, when you got the approval email and deposited your passport with VFS, how long did it take before it was returned with the stamped visa by the CIC?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jinyeid: 11:32am On Aug 09, 2016
ok great, many thanks for your reply cheesy

Hotstepper:

Yes, the person must be canadian citizen. If you have none, u can use a notry public or lawyer

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
For Canadian passport office, just Google passport office in Calgary to find out where the nearest one to u is. They can mail to u ... ...

jinnyz:

Thanks for your prompt response! From Calgary where is the closest city to get baby's passport? When you say picking up, can one opt for it to be posted rather than going in person again to pick it up?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Dayzeeray: 10:10pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hi Hotstepper and other gurus,

Please I'll like to know if delivering in Edmonton is as cheap as Toronto area? I've family friends there and would like to make use of the free accommodation and help. Awaiting your replies.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Dayzeeray: 10:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hotstepper:

Yes you can but to be sure, work to canadian consulate and ask or call them

Thanks so much hotstepper.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
I don't know but the should be . Since u have ppl there, that's the best place for u to stay

Dayzeeray:
Hi Hotstepper and other gurus,

Please I'll like to know if delivering in Edmonton is as cheap as Toronto area? I've family friends there and would like to make use of the free accommodation and help. Awaiting your replies.

Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:51am On Aug 12, 2016
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rolorolo: 3:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
Hello Hotstepper,

Thanks for the link provided. I have read the article and I must say that am bit afraid for those of us who are still in the process of submitting our applications for the purpose of birthing our babies in Canada.

Please, what do you suggest. Based on what I have read, there is no embargo yet in place. But I intent to submit my application by month end. So scared in case the law changes!

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2016
U have nothing to worry about. Even if they decide which I doubt, it won't just come into effect immediately

rolorolo:
Hello Hotstepper,

Thanks for the link provided. I have read the article and I must say that am bit afraid for those of us who are still in the process of submitting our applications for the purpose of birthing our babies in Canada.

Please, what do you suggest. Based on what I have read, there is no embargo yet in place. But I intent to submit my application by month end. So scared in case the law changes!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by snowhity85: 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
Hello beautiful mamas, been a ghost follower but my q now based on this recent inf is do we now apply base on birthing or tourism .? I'm still planning on submitting before end of d month. I'm 12weeks gone and if granted visa would love to leave by December Gods willing, would that be better in other to escape Poe wahala.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jinnyz: 1:58am On Aug 15, 2016
Hello House please i need some clarification!

1. Is it the birth certificate or baby passport that the Dad will need to sign to give consent & acknowledge he is the dad?

2. The dad is currently in Nigeria, can he write and email a scan copy??

Your prompt response will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by thebaft: 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2016
Victoria2016:

Thanks, I'll do that right away. I thought online was faster o.

Its getting frustrating just waiting.

Just to let you know. My relation who applied for a visitor visa online on 26 April 2016 received an original passport request today 17 August 2016. Processing time was 113 days. I guess you can use that as a measure to know when your passport request might be sent. It might even be sooner. Just be optimistic.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bbaby84(f): 3:52am On Aug 18, 2016
thebaft:

Just to let you know. My relation who applied for a visitor visa online on 26 April 2016 received an original passport request today 17 August 2016. Processing time was 113 days. I guess you can use that as a measure to know when your passport request might be sent. It might even be sooner. Just be optimistic.

Lmao... that one grey hair would have grown. Na wa.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:00am On Aug 18, 2016
If u read through the pages, u would Ave seen that ur questions has ren answered . But since I am n a good mood, will write it again.

NB: I am not going to write things twice on this thread again. If I am taking my time to write and answer questions then I expect ppl to go through the thread and read as well before asking questions.

Since ur husband is in naija, u will go in-person to the Canada passport office. They will give u a file no and tell u to ask ur husband to go to canada consulate office with a govt ID. he will need to sign sumthing and the embassy will fax it to the passport office in Canada. They will probably ask u the consult office that's close to u.

Once he has signed, it will be faxed and ur baby's passport will then be processed . Make sure once ur hubby said he has signed , wait 2 days and call the passport office to make sure they have recieved the signed document. Also, if u r using a Canadian citizen as a guarantor for the passport application, the passport office will call the person to ask questions. If the perosn doesn't answer correctly, passport will be denied .

Good luck

jinnyz:
Hello House please i need some clarification!

1. Is it the birth certificate or baby passport that the Dad will need to sign to give consent & acknowledge he is the dad?

2. The dad is currently in Nigeria, can he write and email a scan copy??

Your prompt response will be appreciated. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wengerly(m): 5:06am On Aug 18, 2016
Hotstepper:

For Canadian passport office, just Google passport office in Calgary to find out where the nearest one to u is. They can mail to u ... ...

There are two major passport offices in Calgary;

One in Downtown
Passport Office
Harry Hays Building
220 4th Avenue South East, Suite 150
Calgary, Alberta
Hours: Mon-Fri: 7:30am-4:30pm Language: English, French

and the other on Macleod trail.

Passport Office
14331 Macleod Trail SW
Calgary, Alberta
Hours: Mon-Fri: 8:30am-5:30pm Language: English

Depending on where you reside, max drive time is 30 minutes.

Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.