Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (684369 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Fiwajoluwa(f): 10:30pm On May 14, 2017
How do i send a PM pls?

Virt:

Hello dear,

I wasn't driving myself. I was lucky my host drove me everywhere I wanted to go, but I think you can still use your international driving license to drive as a visitor. I don't know if there is any restriction on who drives as per with pregnancy or not. Hostepper or any Canada resident here should be able to advise accordingly.

I'll respond to your PM.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:17am On May 15, 2017
yes u can..i think for 30 or 60 days

Fiwajoluwa:
Wow. Thank you for this info Hotstepper. Pls can i rent a car and drive myself as a preggo in Canada during my few months stay as its done in US. My host are workaholics who i do not plan to stress this time

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Fiwajoluwa(f): 2:27pm On May 15, 2017
Thank you.

Hotstepper:
yes u can..i think for 30 or 60 days

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Virt: 3:59pm On May 15, 2017
I responded to your email. you should now be able to send me a message from the mail trail.

Fiwajoluwa:
How do i send a PM pls?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Fiwajoluwa(f): 9:32pm On May 15, 2017
Yes you did great. Thank you. i didnt know i had to go access from email. lol

Virt:
I responded to your email. you should now be able to send me a message from the mail trail.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sinead15: 9:57am On May 16, 2017
Virt:

Hello dear,

I wasn't driving myself. I was lucky my host drove me everywhere I wanted to go, but I think you can still use your international driving license to drive as a visitor. I don't know if there is any restriction on who drives as per with pregnancy or not. Hostepper or any Canada resident here should be able to advise accordingly.

I'll respond to your PM.

Hi Virt, please can i have your email address so i can send you all my silly questions would really appreciate this thank you i am 18wks preggy not planning to travel till i am like 30 sth weeks preggy is this feasible like is there hope which application do i opt for i dont have any one there never been there i hear toronto is cool i am indifferent just want somewhere affordable and the process is not so tedious i really hope to hear from you also i will be going alone hubby and first born cant go with me thinking my mum sha. i just want a guide basically pleaaaaaaase dont send me to read the whole thread from start to finish i have already said begged please

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sinead15: 10:20am On May 16, 2017
Hotstepper:
Travel doc

Hi Hotstepper, after glancing through a few pages i see your the real MVP i will be routing a few of my silly questions to you as well please accept my questions in good faith am pleading in advance starting from the application process till the end i dont know shishi reading through a few thread has been a lil confusing
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Princeyoungd2: 4:55am On May 17, 2017
[quote author=Virt post=56461366]Hello everyone!

This is a follow up of my post, the earlier was on visa application.

I arrived Canada in Feb, 2017 though Toronto Pearson International Airport. On arrival, the immigration officer asked why I was in Canada, I told him that I was on vacation and that I would also be having my baby there, he was taken aback when he heard I was planning to have my baby there, that he asked “you came here to have your baby?”, I repeated my earlier response. He stamped my passport and let me in. However, on going to claim my baggage, I was stopped by the border patrol officer when she saw my BIG BUMP and re-directed me to another room for further checks, I joined a line of other such people they re-directed to further interrogate their purpose of visit to Canada.

I have never been interrogated like that in my life. I really don’t know where to start in the questions I was asked cos it will take a whole page, however, I responded honestly especially since I had indicated in my visa application that I intend to have my baby there. I told the officer who questioned me so.

The following are some of the questions I was asked as I can recall.

Why are you here in Canada?
To have your baby? Why Canada?
Who would you be staying with? What does the person do? Was she the one that arranged these whole stuff for you? Where does she live?
Have you made any arrangement with a doctor here? Any medical report? Let me see. When is your appointment?
Do you have travel insurance? Do you have a return ticket? Let me see it.
How much do you have with you? Let me see it?
Is your husband joining you? No.
What do you do (work)? What position?
You have an approved leave from your employer? Etc. can’t recall others cos they were leading questions, and your responses determines what next he would ask (Sorry including my responses above will make the post lengthy).

After about 10mins or so, he approved for me to go. That room is where they return people if your purpose of visit is not satisfactory. He requested for documents from the Dr. in Canada, I told him that I don’t have but that I have that from my Dr. in Nigeria and he asked to see it and I gave him and he read through it same with other documents he requested for. He asked to see the cash after asking how much I was with, when I brought the envelope with the cash from my bag and was about bringing it out, he asked if the money was in the envelope, I told him yes, he said I could put it back (so he did not see the money) but it proved I had enough money to cover my medical bills and period of stay in Canada.

Sourcing for Doctor
I had read through the thread here and got the number of Dr Abou Seido of Brampton Civic hospital, I called his office while in Nigeria but they refused to book an appointment with me telling me they can’t give me an appointment until I arrived Canada, however, she told me the test results to come with including ultra sound scans. My friend in Canada helped me book the appointment cos I did not want delay in seeing the Dr. as I would be 34weeks when I arrive.

On meeting Dr. Abou-seido, he said that for his patients from the 3rd world countries, he usually try to make sure they stay for just one night in the hospital since they would be paying out of pocket, if there are no complications during birth. I was so glad because that was why I chose to use him in the first place. Somebody had earlier posted how the Dr. helped her stay one night even with CS deliver and I decided to go for him. He actually helped me stay just for one night and It was my third CS. On the day of surgery he asked if I wanted to tie my tubes, I told him no (I’ve read about its side effects, so I wasn’t ready for such family planning. Lols)

The following are the breakdown of my costs

Doctor fees including epidural - $3,500 (His epidural Dr. is the best I have seen, I didn’t feel the process at all and it was done in less than 1 min.
Hospital fees - $2000 for me, $600 for the baby per night
Pre-op fees - $200
Circumcision fees (not in the hospital) - $250
Family Dr visit for baby checkup - $50
Birth Certificate (long and short) - $60 (got it in 1 week)
Passport (expedited) - $107 (got it in 2 days)
Nigerian Emergency travel document - $150 (got in 1 day) Hotstepper’s contact was amazing, he processed and posted the document to me same day, and I received it the following day!!!
Total - $7,000 (including other small fees not mentioned above).

I stayed with my friend so no transportation and feeding costs.

I travelled alone, so my husband had to go to the Canadian high commission in Lagos to sign before the baby’s passport could be processed.
Delivery at Brampton Civic hospital was very okay, no issues whatsoever, except that I had to pay 2 nights upfront after which they say they will refund the unutilized one night fee ($2,000). My friend used a her debit card to pay, so they said refund will be through cheque issuance but that if it was credit card, it would have been done immediately. We are expecting to get that back soon.

I arrived Nigeria 2 weeks ago hassle free.

I hope my experience will help somebody cos this thread helped me a lot from visa application to delivery to paper work etc.

God bless you all - (By the way, I had the whole process committed to God in prayer, so don’t overlook this aspect at all, because it has been God’s doing not man).

Thank God for safe delivery.

Good day ma, your post seems to be very explanatory thou I will be requiring a few more info.
Please I have tried sending you an email can you be kind enough to reply.

1. Cost was in CAD.

2.please at what stage did you book for the appointment.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Virt: 11:09am On May 17, 2017
Yes, Cost is in CAD. That's the Canadian currency, right?

I was 34 weeks at my first appointment. From what I read here, at 34-35 weeks one can still get a Dr. however, it gets more difficult if you are in later weeks, but nothing is impossible. I have not heard of anybody who was full term and was refused by a Dr. but it is better you travel at a reasonable stage in your pregnancy to avoid such.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chyyach: 7:11pm On May 17, 2017
Virt:
Hello everyone!

I arrived Canada in Feb, 2017 though Toronto Pearson International Airport. On arrival, the immigration officer asked why I was in Canada, I told him that I was on vacation and that I would also be having my baby there, he was taken aback when he heard I was planning to have my baby there, that he asked “you came here to have your baby?”, I repeated my earlier response. He stamped my passport and let me in. However, on going to claim my baggage, I was stopped by the border patrol officer when she saw my BIG BUMP and re-directed me to another room for further checks, I joined a line of other such people they re-directed to further interrogate their purpose of visit to Canada.

I have never been interrogated like that in my life. I really don’t know where to start in the questions I was asked cos it will take a whole page, however, I responded honestly especially since I had indicated in my visa application that I intend to have my baby there. I told the officer who questioned me so.

Who would you be staying with? What does the person do? Was she the one that arranged these whole stuff for you? Where does she live?
Have you made any arrangement with a doctor here? Any medical report? Let me see. When is your appointment?
You have an approved leave from your employer? Etc. can’t recall others cos they were leading questions, and your responses determines what next he would ask (Sorry including my responses above will make the post lengthy).

After about 10mins or so, he approved for me to go. That room is where they return people if your purpose of visit is not satisfactory. He requested for documents from the Dr. in Canada, I told him that I don’t have but that I have that from my Dr. in Nigeria and he asked to see it and I gave him and he read through it same with other documents he requested for. He asked to see the cash after asking how much I was with, when I brought the envelope with the cash from my bag and was about bringing it out, he asked if the money was in the envelope, I told him yes, he said I could put it back (so he did not see the money) but it proved I had enough money to cover my medical bills and period of stay in Canada.

Sourcing for Doctor
I had read through the thread here and got the number of Dr Abou Seido of Brampton Civic hospital, I called his office while in Nigeria but they refused to book an appointment with me telling me they can’t give me an appointment until I arrived Canada, however, she told me the test results to come with including ultra sound scans. My friend in Canada helped me book the appointment cos I did not want delay in seeing the Dr. as I would be 34weeks when I arrive.

On meeting Dr. Abou-seido, he said that for his patients from the 3rd world countries, he usually try to make sure they stay for just one night in the hospital since they would be paying out of pocket, if there are no complications during birth. I was so glad because that was why I chose to use him in the first place. Somebody had earlier posted how the Dr. helped her stay one night even with CS deliver and I decided to go for him. He actually helped me stay just for one night and It was my third CS. On the day of surgery he asked if I wanted to tie my tubes, I told him no (I’ve read about its side effects, so I wasn’t ready for such family planning. Lols)

Doctor fees including epidural - $3,500 (His epidural Dr. is the best I have seen, I didn’t feel the process at all and it was done in less than 1 min.
Pre-op fees - $200
Nigerian Emergency travel document - $150 (got in 1 day) Hotstepper’s contact was amazing, he processed and posted the document to me same day, and I received it the following day!!!

I travelled alone, so my husband had to go to the Canadian high commission in Lagos to sign before the baby’s passport could be processed.
Delivery at Brampton Civic hospital was very okay, no issues whatsoever, except that I had to pay 2 nights upfront after which they say they will refund the unutilized one night fee ($2,000). My friend used a her debit card to pay, so they said refund will be through cheque issuance but that if it was credit card, it would have been done immediately. We are expecting to get that back soon.

I hope my experience will help somebody cos this thread helped me a lot from visa application to delivery to paper work etc.

God bless you all - (By the way, I had the whole process committed to God in prayer, so don’t overlook this aspect at all, because it has been God’s doing not man).

I have followed this trend and didn't see where the Dr Abou-Seido's no was dropped, kindly drop his contact as I want to enquire if he can handle my perculiar medical issue. Following the trend I am confused on which type of application to go, paper or online, I am 19weeks gone already.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Virt: 12:24pm On May 18, 2017
You can put your questions here so that others can learn as well.

Travelling at 30 weeks is okay.

For the application, you can go with paper application as it appears faster in response time than online. I got my passport back in 30days using paper application.

From earlier posts here, it appears having somebody in Canada boosts your chances of being granted visa especially since you will be staying there for sometime for child delivery. it will cost more using a hotel so maybe you will have to show more prove of financial capability. I had somebody in Canada, so I cant say much in this regard.

Not going with hubby and child too will form part of your prove of home ties, ensure to include this in your purpose of travel letter.

I would advise you start the application process as soon as you can.

sinead15:
Hi Virt, please can i have your email address so i can send you all my silly questions would really appreciate this thank you i am 18wks preggy not planning to travel till i am like 30 sth weeks preggy is this feasible like is there hope which application do i opt for i dont have any one there never been there i hear toronto is cool i am indifferent just want somewhere affordable and the process is not so tedious i really hope to hear from you also i will be going alone hubby and first born cant go with me thinking my mum sha. i just want a guide basically pleaaaaaaase dont send me to read the whole thread from start to finish i have already said begged please

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ortega01: 2:27pm On May 18, 2017
Good day Virt,
Please can you please list all the documents submitted during your visa application ? Thank my wife is 2months preggy and we want to start as soon as possible...thanks...

All your post about how your delivery in Canada has been inspirational to young ambitious preggy couple...
thank you

Virt:
You can put your questions here so that others can learn as well.

Travelling at 30 weeks is okay.

For the application, you can go with paper application as it appears faster in response time than online. I got my passport back in 30days using paper application.

From earlier posts here, it appears having somebody in Canada boosts your chances of being granted visa especially since you will be staying there for sometime for child delivery. it will cost more using a hotel so maybe you will have to show more prove of financial capability. I had somebody in Canada, so I cant say much in this regard.

Not going with hubby and child too will form part of your prove of home ties, ensure to include this in your purpose of travel letter.

I would advise you start the application process as soon as you can.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Virt: 3:01pm On May 18, 2017
Hi,

You can download the application form through the link below. On the last page of the form, there is a checklist of things to submit during the application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

If you read my earlier post on visa application (a couple of pages back) I think there are few things that could help you as well.

Ortega01:
Good day Virt,
Please can you please list all the documents submitted during your visa application ? Thank my wife is 2months preggy and we want to start as soon as possible...thanks...

All your post about how your delivery in Canada has been inspirational to young ambitious preggy couple...
thank you

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ortega01: 11:01pm On May 18, 2017
Ok...thanks

Virt:
Hi,

You can download the application form through the link below. On the last page of the form, there is a checklist of things to submit during the application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

If you read my earlier post on visa application (a couple of pages back) I think there are few things that could help you as well.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by BlessedMD2: 5:54am On May 19, 2017
Hello people, I received a few contacts via email, pls pardon me, I feel we can ask our questions here then I reply, because of the benefit of everyone. But if this platform isn't ok then state it here so I know who is contacting me pls, I can't just open my email to everyone. Pls understand, thanks and God bless

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Joyeka: 7:38am On May 19, 2017
please i am interested...i dont mind any means of communication...i think it best you do the talk on page any one that needs clarification can chat with you..
Anxiously waiting to hear from you to make a decision...

weldone and how ve your stay being over there..thank you

ote author=BlessedMD2 post=56661830]Hello people, I received a few contacts via email, pls pardon me, I feel we can ask our questions here then I reply, because of the benefit of everyone. But if this platform isn't ok then state it here so I know who is contacting me pls, I can't just open my email to everyone. Pls understand, thanks and God bless[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ToluexCA(m): 7:49pm On May 19, 2017
maternal:

Don't let them know you're pregnant
please reply your pm
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Teefinix3: 9:55am On May 20, 2017
Congrats virts..

Pls can u list the tests u did here in nigeria before travelling...I will be going in June and my host insisted i get there b4 sourcing for d doc...meanwhile she admitted I need to come along with some rest results and ultrasound.
I will be going to BC...
Also...will 2 wks be enof to process all the d child papers?..birth certificate,passport and ETC.
Will appreciate ur response soon...
God bless...

[Mquote author=chyyach post=56635623]

Thanks[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Teefinix3: 10:04am On May 20, 2017
Congratulations virts...

Pls can u list the type of tests u did in Nigeria b4 travelling...my host insisted I get there b4 sourcing for doc ...but admitted I should come along with my anti-natal records and ultra-scan.
I will be going in June to BC...
Also...can 2 wks be enof to process d child papers...birth certicate/passport and ETC..
I will appreciate ur response...
God bless u..

Virt:

Your post sounds demanding, however, here is the Dr's number. +19055954960.

I used paper application, it appears faster than online.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rekiya84: 1:11pm On May 20, 2017
Hello thanks for ur post it have helped me a lot would want to be clear on this points hope u don't mind me asking... did you state you were pregnant in ur application if yes what reasons did u give to enable them grant u the visa secondly do u ve any idea of virginal delivery cost thanks a lot hoping to get ur reply soon
[Qquote author=Virt post=56461366]Hello everyone!

Sourcing for Doctor

Pre-op fees - $200

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Virt: 9:11am On May 23, 2017
Hi,

I went with the following lab tests

List of lab tests
1) Strep B
2) Blood sugar test – I did OGTT instead of fasting blood sugar because I usually have big babies
3) Hepatitis B
4) HIV
5) Blood work (Genotype, blood group,count etc)
6) ultrasound results
7) Glucose test.

Yes, 2 weeks is enough to process baby's papers, but plan for longer, cos it may not always be the case. I got my baby's birth certificates one week after application, Passport in 3 days (because I had a flight ticket showing that I was traveling in 3 days as at the date of passport application), got the emergency travel certificate in 2 days ( its usually within 5 days, but because my travel date was close he expedited action, but he did not like such close call though).

When you get the birth certificate, you can process the passport and ETC simultaneously, however birth certificate comes first b4 any other paper work. You will need a notarized letter from the father of the baby to the Nigerian High commission in Ottawa if the father is not physically present in Canada (Pls check website for things to submit for ETC).
As I said in the earlier post, the father if not present in Canada will go to Canadian High commission in Lagos or Abuja to sign sth which will be faxed to Canada passport office, b4 the baby's passport is processed. So these are the kind of things that may delay the process, especially if the father does not live in Lagos or Abuja, he or she will have to travel there.

Regards,

Teefinix3:
Congratulations virts...

Pls can u list the type of tests u did in Nigeria b4 travelling...my host insisted I get there b4 sourcing for doc ...but admitted I should come along with my anti-natal records and ultra-scan.
Also...can 2 wks be enof to process d child papers...birth certicate/passport and ETC..
God bless u..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Virt: 9:46am On May 23, 2017
Hello dear,

I stated that I was going to have my baby there and stated reasons. Please search for my earlier posts I did a lengthy post on that.

I cannot advise that stating that you want to have your baby there will always grant you the visa, I had a couple of things that might have worked for me which i'm not sure what exactly cos I had a lot of personal reasons on my purpose of travel letter which may not apply to you, like my medical history, where I work and the fact that my hubby and older kids were not travelling with me, plus I had a host in Canada etc.

I don't know the cost of Vaginal birth, but it shouldn't be very much different from a C-section delivery. You can read through earlier posts, some people had their babies vaginally and state their costs here as well.

[quote author=rekiya84 post=56705421]Hello thanks for ur post it have helped me a lot would want to be clear on this points hope u don't mind me asking... did you state you were pregnant in ur application if yes what reasons did u give to enable them grant u the visa secondly do u ve any idea of virginal delivery cost thanks a lot hoping to get ur reply soon
[Qquote author=Virt post=56461366]Hello everyone!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Teefinix3: 8:38pm On May 23, 2017
Thank u Virt....really appreciate it...

Virt:
Hi,

I went with the following lab tests

List of lab tests
1) Strep B
2) Blood sugar test – I did OGTT instead of fasting blood sugar because I usually have big babies
3) Hepatitis B
4) HIV
5) Blood work (Genotype, blood group,count etc)
6) ultrasound results
7) Glucose test.

Yes, 2 weeks is enough to process baby's papers, but plan for longer, cos it may not always be the case. I got my baby's birth certificates one week after application, Passport in 3 days (because I had a flight ticket showing that I was traveling in 3 days as at the date of passport application), got the emergency travel certificate in 2 days ( its usually within 5 days, but because my travel date was close he expedited action, but he did not like such close call though).

When you get the birth certificate, you can process the passport and ETC simultaneously, however birth certificate comes first b4 any other paper work. You will need a notarized letter from the father of the baby to the Nigerian High commission in Ottawa if the father is not physically present in Canada (Pls check website for things to submit for ETC).
As I said in the earlier post, the father if not present in Canada will go to Canadian High commission in Lagos or Abuja to sign sth which will be faxed to Canada passport office, b4 the baby's passport is processed. So these are the kind of things that may delay the process, especially if the father does not live in Lagos or Abuja, he or she will have to travel there.

Regards,

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ehiobe: 8:36pm On May 24, 2017
I thank God for this forum. It has been very helpful. Let me also share my experience. I had my baby in Calgary at Peter Lougheed hospital. From my experience I wasted money by giving my host family Dr my 100dollars and then 60 dollars the second visit. The OBY/GYN she found was charging 830dollars for my first visit delivery was going to be at Foothill. DR fee was 5000k ( I was 32weeks pregnant then). I attached the outpatient hospital fee at Foothill.I ran away and found another doctor. There is a clinic called NE women clinic. They understand that foreigners come to give birth in canada and can hook you up with OBY/GYN the docs there are physicians(family dr's) they charge just 50dollars for each visit. The doctor at NE women clinic hooked me up with a doctor at Peter Lougheed. The dr fee was 1020dollars maybe because she started handling my case at 36weeks and all the Dr visit before pregnancy was included in the 1020dollars.I am also attaching the hospital rates at Peter Lougheed. Overall I spent about 10k including all the doctor visits, scans, lab test etc. I waiting to apply for birth certificate. Pls can someone give me the contact at Nigerian embassy for the emergency travel document. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Princeyoungd2: 2:27pm On May 25, 2017
Ehiobe:
I thank God for this forum. It has been very helpful. Let me also share my experience. I had my baby in Calgary at Peter Lougheed hospital. From my experience I wasted money by giving my host family Dr my 100dollars and then 60 dollars the second visit. The OBY/GYN she found was charging 830dollars for my first visit delivery was going to be at Foothill. DR fee was 5000k ( I was 32weeks pregnant then). I attached the outpatient hospital fee at Foothill.I ran away and found another doctor. There is a clinic called NE women clinic. They understand that foreigners come to give birth in canada and can hook you up with OBY/GYN the docs there are physicians(family dr's) they charge just 50dollars for each visit. The doctor at NE women clinic hooked me up with a doctor at Peter Lougheed. The dr fee was 1020dollars maybe because she started handling my case at 36weeks and all the Dr visit before pregnancy was included in the 1020dollars.I am also attaching the hospital rates at Peter Lougheed. Overall I spent about 10k including all the doctor visits, scans, lab test etc. I waiting to apply for birth certificate. Pls can someone give me the contact at Nigerian embassy for the emergency travel document. Thanks

good day and thanks for the update, please i sent you an email can you be kind enough to provide me with more details
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by urblackpearl: 2:12pm On May 27, 2017
Hi @Teefinix3 . Its good to hear of someone going to BC. I plan to be there sometime in Oct as well cuz that is where my host stays.

Please i would appreciate info on Doc, fees and all when u get there. Safe trip!

[qauote author=Teefinix3 post=56700049]Congratulations virts...

God bless u..

[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rekiya84: 3:47pm On May 28, 2017
Thank you Virt
Virt:
Hello dear,

I stated that I was going to have my baby there and stated reasons. Please search for my earlier posts I did a lengthy post on that.

I cannot advise that stating that you want to have your baby there will always grant you the visa, I had a couple of things that might have worked for me which i'm not sure what exactly cos I had a lot of personal reasons on my purpose of travel letter which may not apply to you, like my medical history, where I work and the fact that my hubby and older kids were not travelling with me, plus I had a host in Canada etc.

I don't know the cost of Vaginal birth, but it shouldn't be very much different from a C-section delivery. You can read through earlier posts, some people had their babies vaginally and state their costs here as well.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Adebolaop: 6:35pm On May 29, 2017
Hello House,

I have a PR card and I am looking forward to relocate in July as I will also be giving birth in August. My questions are:

Which Doctor / hospital do you recommend for me in Toronto ? Someone recommended a Nigerian Doctor but I am not sure if I want that.
Would I have to pay for hospital bills as a permanent resident, considering the fact that my health card might not be ready.

Waiting on swift responses. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.