Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682739 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 11:40am On May 16, 2015
Tvegas:
Hhhmmm following the thread.

We should be visiting Canada this year. Will investigate more on this and drop feedback. We need more participants to make this lively.

That will be nice. Please do get back to us with your findings.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by justwise(m): 11:42am On May 16, 2015
Tvegas:

We should be visiting Canada this year. Will investigate more on this and drop feedback. We need more participants to make this lively.

Phema:

That will be nice. Please do get back to us with your findings.

UN baby project...after Canada which other country will you two will be heading to? grin

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 11:47am On May 16, 2015
Phema,phema!
From US to Canada to where again? cheesy
It's all good.
How is d young man doing?

This Canada of a thing is not a bad idea o at all.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Tvegas(m): 12:10pm On May 16, 2015
justwise:

UN baby project...after Canada which other country will you two will be heading to? grin

Justwise it's called diversification of investment. After Canada God willing we may port to Brazil. grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:38pm On May 16, 2015
Which part of Canada will u be visiting?

Tvegas:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Tvegas(m): 12:53pm On May 16, 2015
Hotstepper:

Which part of Canada will u be visiting?

Toronto and most likely Montreal.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:50pm On May 16, 2015
Nice. Lovely cities. U will enjoy Toronto. Who r u coming with ?

Tvegas:

Toronto and most likely Montreal.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Tvegas(m): 4:31pm On May 16, 2015
Hotstepper:

Nice. Lovely cities. U will enjoy Toronto. Who r u coming with ?

Coming with wife and baby. Lovely and friendly city. Stayed close to CN tower during the last visit. Montreal has a unique aura though. Lots of underground walkways. grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Goldie10: 10:38pm On May 19, 2015
Hey everyone, finally submitted my online application for renewal of my visa.

will keep you guys posted on outcome. Feel free to ask questions on visiting visa application for online submission.

its pretty straight forward and like hotstepper mentioned there's no section for stating if one is pregnant or not. However there's an additional optional section for any explanation in support of your application where you can upload an explanation letter if you want to.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:38pm On May 20, 2015
Oh nice

Tvegas:

Coming with wife and baby. Lovely and friendly city. Stayed close to CN tower during the last visit. Montreal has a unique aura though. Lots of underground walkways. grin
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:39pm On May 20, 2015
I wish you a positive outcome. When u get to the airport and they ask, just like my family friend, just say there was no spot that asked if u r preggy or not. Just be truthful, Datz all Canada wants smiley

Goldie10:
Hey everyone, finally submitted my online application for renewal of my visa.

will keep you guys posted on outcome. Feel free to ask questions on visiting visa application for online submission.

its pretty straight forward and like hotstepper mentioned there's no section for stating if one is pregnant or not. However there's an additional optional section for any explanation in support of your application where you can upload an explanation letter if you want to.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by oloriesther(f): 9:11am On May 26, 2015
Goodmorning Goldie &Hotpepper, what documents are required for Canadian visiting visa application. I have a good travel history with my spouse. Also how many month can we apply for been the 1st time we are applying to canada.WIth the online application will they call us for medicals? How long does the visa processing takes?Your prompt response will be most appreciated.

[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by catalano: 2:56pm On May 26, 2015
Hotstepper:
That is not true. People who weren't allowed inside are those that lied and it also happens in the US as well. A family friend of mine I helped just came in yesterday with her hubby nd even da customs officer told dem he's happy they said the truth cuz a lot of Nigerians will come and lie when it is obvious why they came. It is not illegal to have a baby in Canada just have ur money, paid accommodation nd doctors appointment nd you are good to go. My family friend applied in Jan nd was given 4 yrs visiting visa. She was asked if the embassy in Nigeria knew she was preggy when she applied nd she said no cuz it was an online application and nowhere to input it. The key is to be truthful cuz ur visa application is in their system nd they will pull it is once they swip your passport. At 7monthd plus, r u sure any airline would agree to take u?

Please my wife EDD is 1st week in August and we are planning to come in June but with ur last statement as per airline, can you suggest any air line can take us cos am about booking.
And confirmd 7k CAD cash at d port of entry.
thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by catalano: 3:46pm On May 26, 2015
sorry point of entry
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:41pm On May 26, 2015
I guess you have gotten visa. Any airline is really ok.as far as they are.coming to Canada and the city in Canada you are going like KLM, Ethiopian airline, BA. 7k is good and also mention to them that you have your cards in case. Do you have doctor already and where to stay?

catalano p

ost=34111365:

Hotstepper:
That is not true. People who weren't allowed inside are those that lied and it also happens in the US as well. A family friend of mine I helped just came in yesterday with her hubby nd even da customs officer told dem he's happy they said the truth cuz a lot of Nigerians will come and lie when it is obvious why they came. It is not illegal to have a baby in Canada just have ur money, paid accommodation nd doctors appointment nd you are good to go. My family friend applied in Jan nd was given 4 yrs visiting visa. She was asked if the embassy in Nigeria knew she was preggy when she applied nd she said no cuz it was an online application and nowhere to input it. The key is to be truthful cuz ur visa application is in their system nd they will pull it is once they swip your passport. At 7monthd plus, r u sure any airline would agree to take u?

Please my wife EDD is 1st week in August and we are planning to come in June but with ur last statement as per airline, can you suggest any air line can take us cos am about booking.
And confirmd 7k CAD cash at d port of entry.
thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by catalano: 8:20am On May 27, 2015
Yes we have 1 yr visa to expire in december 2015. I do not have any Doc, let get in first.
we will be coming to Toronto.
A day to our departure i will get in touch with you for further assistance, hope you will not mind since i wil be coming to Canada for the 1stime.
all i need is good counsel.
thanks about d airline.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:54pm On May 27, 2015
OK. Do you know anyone here? Where would u be staying?
Looking forward to seeing you and your wife. Safe journey

catalano:
Yes we have 1 yr visa to expire in december 2015. I do not have any Doc, let get in first.
A day to our departure i will get in touch with you for further assistance, hope you will not mind since i wil be coming to Canada for the 1stime.
thanks about d airline.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:01pm On May 27, 2015
Please write what u wrote again so i.understand better

quote author=oloriesther post=34101630]Goodmorning Goldie &Hotpepper, what documents are required for Canadian visiting visa application. I have a good travel history with my spouse. Also how many month can we apply for been the 1st time we are applying to canada.WIth the online application will they call us for medicals? How long does the visa processing takes?Your prompt response will be most appreciated.

[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoAje1: 8:35pm On May 27, 2015
Good day everyone in d house,

Please kindly enlightening more on Canada visa online application. I applied last year September but the visa not granted, the consular reason for refusal was that my returning home can not be ascertain. I have good travelling history. Have been to USA, UK and Schengen countries.

I intend reapply by July and I think the online visa application will be more faster than application submission via VFS office because my previous application was processed for duration of 50 working day approximately 3 months.

Do I need to scan and upload all the supporting documents like statement of acct, invitation letter, employment document etc.

I will appreciate if I can get positive and helpful response.

Thank you all.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by adsli: 1:11am On May 28, 2015
OmoAje1:
Please kindly enlightening more on Canada visa online application. I applied last year September but the visa not granted, the consular reason for refusal was that my returning home can not be ascertain. I have good travelling history. Have been to USA, UK and Schengen countries.
I intend reapply by July and I think the online visa application will be more faster than application submission via VFS office because my previous application was processed for duration of 50 working day approximately 3 months.
Do I need to scan and upload all the supporting documents like statement of acct, invitation letter, employment document etc.
Thank you all.

Yes, you can scan it or take a picture of it and upload it online. The documents asked varies from person to person when submitting via online. Maybe you have immediate family in Canada?
When my husband and I applied for a visa, we just traveled to uk, schengen and Japan, we are granted a 4-year visa up to the day before our passport expires.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by adsli: 1:16am On May 28, 2015
catalano:
thanks about d airline.

I heard st. Michael in Toronto is cheaper for birth?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by adsli: 1:19am On May 28, 2015
Hotstepper:

Please write what u wrote again so i.understand better

quote author=oloriesther post=34101630]Goodmorning Goldie &Hotpepper, what documents are required for Canadian visiting visa application. I have a good travel history with my spouse. Also how many month can we apply for been the 1st time we are applying to canada.WIth the online application will they call us for medicals? How long does the visa processing takes?Your prompt response will be most appreciated.

I think what he mean is that when he applied online, they ask for additional documents for your purpose in Canada. There, you can upload a letter stating your reasons why are you going to canada.
In the application itself, there is nowhere to state that you want to give birth, but you can upload additional documents on your purpose.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by adsli: 1:25am On May 28, 2015
oloriesther:
Goodmorning Goldie &Hotpepper, what documents are required for Canadian visiting visa application. I have a good travel history with my spouse. Also how many month can we apply for been the 1st time we are applying to canada.WIth the online application will they call us for medicals? How long does the visa processing takes?Your prompt response will be most appreciated.

The docs asked varies from 1 applicant to another, in my case, I was asked
1. Marriage certificate
2. Bank statement/ proof of funds
3. Purpose of travel
4. Travel history
You will upload it online. Put it in PDF or .docx form
They are not going to ask for medicals if you apply for a temporary residence visa only.
Here in ph, it took 5days from my submission of application before they asked for our passport.
The processing times for online is much faster than submitting in vfs.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:55am On May 28, 2015
Thanks for answering the question. Will u be coming in for birth purposes?

adsli:

The docs asked varies from 1 applicant to another, in my case, I was asked
1. Marriage certificate
2. Bank statement/ proof of funds
3. Purpose of travel
4. Travel history
You will upload it online. Put it in PDF or .docx form
They are not going to ask for medicals if you apply for a temporary residence visa only.
Here in ph, it took 5days from my submission of application before they asked for our passport.
The processing times for online is much faster than submitting in vfs.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:55am On May 28, 2015
Who told u and how.much is it? St Michaels is in Downtown Toronto

adsli:

I heard st. Michael in Toronto is cheaper for birth?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoAje1: 5:10am On May 28, 2015
Please can you give me the link of Canada visa online application

OmoAje1:

Thank you all.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by adsli: 5:43am On May 28, 2015
Hotstepper:

Who told u and how.much is it? St Michaels is in Downtown Toronto

i just read it here. http://www.babycenter.ca/thread/353787/cost-of-delivering-a-baby-in-toronto-without-ohip?startIndex=20

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by adsli: 5:48am On May 28, 2015
OmoAje1:

from this site, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp
you will be assessed if you are eligible to apply online. if yes, you will be asked to create an account and you need to pay via credit card for the application fee.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoAje1: 6:33am On May 28, 2015
Thanks for your quick response, have checked my eligibility which have qualified which i was given personal reference code: VH0459577*** please what next.

OmoAje1:

adsli:

from this site, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp
you will be assessed if you are eligible to apply online. if yes, you will be asked to create an account and you need to pay via credit card for the application fee.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by adsli: 6:55am On May 28, 2015
OmoAje1:
Thanks for your quick response, have checked my eligibility which have qualified which i was given personal reference code: VH0459577*** please what next.

OmoAje1:

you need to follow the steps written when you get the code.
fill up the application form IMM5272 and IMM5645
then create an account here https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s2b2cb5984d4632408c2f91418c60ec0ae19c38df0
then enter your reference no. and upload all the docs needed an pay for the fee.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by adsli: 6:58am On May 28, 2015
this is the processing times for canadian visa application

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.